Anime Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Now if I match up Kikyo and Silva's genetics to get the probability of a light-haired kid showing up, I get these four genes: Xx, Xx, xx, xx.

This means there's a 50% chance of a kid with light hair showing up. The other ones have black hair.

If no one cares or this doesn't make sense to anyone, I apologize.

/Biology geekdom
Don't worry, this makes sense to me. This is why I find it odd that Killua is the only kid with light hair, since there's a 50% chance that a Zoldyck kid will get light hair. Then again, if you flip a coin there's a 50% chance you'll get either heads or tails. The results of a previous coin flip won't affect the results of the next coin flip. So it's possible, though unlikely, that you get heads 9 times out of 10 coin flips. I guess this is also the same when dealing with the probability of inheriting Zoldyck hair.

Of course, I doubt Togashi thought of it that in depth. According to his profile, I thought Silva has silver hair and blue eyes, and so does Killua. It's probably to reiterate the fact that out of all his siblings, Killua is unique and therefore the named heir of the Zoldycks. I'm going to assume the other siblings take after Kikyo's appearance in some way or another, but I still see characteristics of Silva in the older siblings as well (i.e. height). I'm also speculating that by the time Killua reaches Milluki or Illumi's age, he's going to be pretty tall.
Then again, I never considered inheriting other characteristics such as height. I guess I focused on the hair because it's much easier for me to spot. I also doubt that Togashi thought of this in depth, of course. Again, it's not really a big deal for me; it's just fun to think about sometimes. Maybe that's just me and my inner geekness though. Lol, I'm fine with Killua having white hair 'cause he's a special snowflake prodigy character.

I can so imagine Killua being tall. Huh, is Ging short? Wonder if Gon will grow up to be a tall dude as well. I somehow don't see that happening. In my headcannon, he will grow up to be shorter than Killua. :XD

/slightly off-topic. (Sorry 'bout that.)
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Guys!! Gon vs Hisoka conclusion today!
Also perhaps we will see Kite?!
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I can so imagine Killua being tall. Huh, is Ging short? Wonder if Gon will grow up to be a tall dude as well. I somehow don't see that happening. In my headcannon, he will grow up to be shorter than Killua.
I'm not sure how tall Ging is. I'm guessing somewhere in the 5 foot range. He's certainly not nearly as tall as Silva who towers at 198 cm (~6' 8"). Illumi's 185 cm (~6' 3").

Kikyo's only about 5' 7" (170 cm), so Killua may end up being shorter than his older siblings, but I'm still going to guess around 6 foot for him. He's already a couple inches taller than Gon right now.

Guys!! Gon vs Hisoka conclusion today!
Also perhaps we will see Kite?!
So stoked! I need something cheerful to distract me from Fate/Zero's ending.

I hope we see Kite soon. They may just drag out leaving Heaven's Arena and saying goodbye to Zushi and Wing this episode, though.
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
HxH, Fate and Avatar made my whole day. And I passed two tests on my college, so my body is ready! *no gifs here*

Well, I just can't wait! Today we also will know how more and less will be handled the next stuff. Kite? KITE? WILL YOU BE THERE?
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I've been bored waiting so I made a Gon vs Hisoka AMV haha. Will share it with you guys once its uploaded.
But yeah, I can hardly wait to see the conclusion of Heaven's Arena arc. Man what an amazing adaptation of this arc, I gotta say that Madhouse did wonders here.
 

Salce

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
324
Reaction score
338
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
It has begun!

Japanese TV is really weird. The last three commercials were:
-A man taking photos of a fat woman.
-Michael Jackson hugging a chimp.
-A woman dressed as a gift box singing while a man dressed as an elephant dances.

The animation seems just a little worse than last week. But there were some amazing scenes too.

Edit: anything about Kite in the preview :(
 
Last edited:

Akia999

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
1,095
Reaction score
905
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
I was talking more on genetics. I thought his grandfather's hair is white because he's old. And Silva's hair looks more blond than white in the cover. Even if his hair is white, is the gene for white hair super recessive that only Killua was able to inherit it? I just thought that, with all the research Togashi does for HxH, he could have thought of gene inheritance too. Oh well, I actually forget about our hereditary lessons in biology, so I may just be rambling nonsense here. It could be possible that Killua is the only one who inherited white hair. Or whatever.
When it comes to heredity, there are recessive and dominant genes. Each offspring receives a "version" of a specific gene (dominant or recessive) from each parent when they're made. For a single gene, which will also determine the appearance of the offspring, this will come in 3 varieties: XX (where capitalized "X" is the dominant gene), Xx (where the lowercase "x" is the recessive gene, and "X" is the dominant gene), and xx (where "x" is, again, the recessive gene).

Although the recessive version may be present in the Xx variety, because the dominant version is there, the dominant version is the one that will be displayed.

So, supposing X = black hair (the dominant gene) in the Zoldyck family, and x = white/lighter hair (recessive).

If we're going to characterize Silva's genes, he would require "xx" since he needs two recessive genes to get his lighter colored hair.

I'm going to assume Kikyo has dark hair, but based on Killua's appearance, we know she also carries the recessive version with her since he has light hair. So I'm going to characterize her genes as "Xx".

Now if I match up Kikyo and Silva's genetics to get the probability of a light-haired kid showing up, I get these four genes: Xx, Xx, xx, xx.

This means there's a 50% chance of a kid with light hair showing up. The other ones have black hair.

If no one cares or this doesn't make sense to anyone, I apologize.

/Biology geekdom

Of course, I doubt Togashi thought of it that in depth. According to his profile, I thought Silva has silver hair and blue eyes, and so does Killua. It's probably to reiterate the fact that out of all his siblings, Killua is unique and therefore the named heir of the Zoldycks. I'm going to assume the other siblings take after Kikyo's appearance in some way or another, but I still see characteristics of Silva in the older siblings as well (i.e. height). I'm also speculating that by the time Killua reaches Milluki or Illumi's age, he's going to be pretty tall.

......This is one heck of analysis.Though I don't think Togashi really though much of that.
But if you based it on the manga and the 1999 version ,Silva and Killua do sorta have the same hair colour.
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
If I recall from the manga, they switched a couple things around in the fight. Nothing too noticeable though.

I think this is the most sexualized fight in HxH so far. I effing love Hisoka.

Return to Whale Island next. Also, looks like no Kite flashback based on the preview. Huncyclopedia featured Gon. Maybe Killua next time?
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Great episode. Loved the flow and the added farewell scene with Wing and Zushi.
I don't think we could've asked for anything more than this.

I was disappointed to not see Kite in the next episode preview.
I really am wondering when we are going to see the flashback now...
 

xScar

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2012
Messages
174
Reaction score
347
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
I was disappointed to not see Kite in the next episode preview.
I really am wondering when we are going to see the flashback now...
What's the episode on the 7/8th going to be about then? Recap?
Or maybe Kurapika at the Nostrade's? I was thinking that would be the 'official' start of the Phantom Troupe arc that starts on the 14/15th, though.

Young Ging :3
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I doubt we will see Kite now. :(

They're gonna rush whale island to get to yorknew.

sigh
 

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Nice episode, all the Hisoka moments where freaking hilarious! lol. The animation wasn't nearly as great as the previous episode but it was still pretty good.

The one thing I'm really disappointed about is still no Kite! Madhouse why not just show him already? because it's seriously going to be awkward having him being introduced right after Greed Island...

8.5/10
 
Last edited:

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Still hope. They might have just excluded Kite from the preview.
Me too but I'm not holding my breath.

Sigh.

This was a disappointing week for me.

1. Gon vs Hisoka part 2 was still good but as expected it wasn't as good as the first part.
Though since that was expected it didn't disappoint.

2. Naruto 267 wasn't so great. The Zetsus are just lame how they barely move

3. Legend of Korra season finale was atrocious and has ruined the series for me

4. still no HxH chapter

5 still no HxH chapter

6. just overall blandness.
 

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This guy was actually included in the anime lol


Here are some Hisoka rape faces! :D


Btw, GREAT! amv futurefrog :)
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I hope that they show Kite, I really do. If they don't I hope they at least create a 'Goodbye Whale Island' filler episode that includes the origin story. If you notice in the manga their departure of Whale Island is hardly touched upon. I imagine they could include the goodbye to Kon as well as a proper goodbye to Mito. Gon won't see any of them again for a LONG time.

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

Thanks Netero! I was bored lol so I decided to make it.

Btw, that was a cameo from the Prince in Level E ;)
 
Last edited:

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah... i'm still hoping we get to see Kite or at least! let Gon mention the guy! lol.
 

thatguy3331

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2011
Messages
588
Reaction score
362
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well since we're all talking about our day along with the episdoe I suppose I'll say this:

1. I'm finally finishing up a long overdue chapter of a story(ZB OC battle fanfic) I'm writing

2. Today's OP was great with strawhat finally kicking a certian racist bastard in ze gut.

3. I got pizza and cinimon melts

4. I got around to doing my chores so I wasn't nagged at when my folk came home.

5. I enjoyed a very enjoyable episode of HxH.

So all in all I had a pretty decent day! :D

In all seriousness though I really did enjoy this episode, sure it wasn't as spectacular as last week's but I felt it was fitting since all gon was doing was figuring out things to no real avail (in regards to winning) and him being tossed around, though him skidding from Hisoka's punch near the end was niiiiiice~

I found it funny how when Gon was complaining to the ref, it just occured to me that he may be helping gon by giving out points to end the fight quickly, and then they just upright tell us that near the end! I though I was having a smart momment dammit! XD JK.

I won't be surpised if we don't get a kite flashback at wale island, in positive light it could be the episode after this one, but I remember reading somewhere that it would be around greed island or something. either way next week does look fun, at least its not another damn letter to mi- oh shit...

GON: Hey aunt Mito! You wanna hear about our adventures since my last letter?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!

Ciau~
 

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Did anyone else think that this was a cameo appearance of Baka Ouji from Level E?
I didn't know anyone read/watched Level E in the HxH section besides me xD

But, yeah... I was like "yo! this dude is Baka!" lol


Gon being the beast that he is
whooping on Hisoka
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top