Anime Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I think Togashi is more subtle in showing Kurapika's inner rage but it's definitely there.
I think Togashi is pretty subtle with a lot of the characters in HxH in general. Especially Gon.

Killua is a glaring exception though. Togashi really shows us in the panels what Killua is thinking and feeling (especially later on). On the other hand, we hardly ever see Gon's thoughts blatantly written. Likewise, I think Kurapika gets a more subtle treatment than Killua. But I digress.

Kurapika is actually a sorta scary dude in the manga seeing how ruthless he is.
Kurapika is one of the scariest characters in HxH, at least in manga form.
Amen to that. Let's see if Madhouse can make him just as scary in the episodes to come.
 

Akia999

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
1,095
Reaction score
905
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
You know you could always skip it, unless you watch it live on TV or Keyhole or whatever method to watch it live.

As for the second opening, I didn't like it. I felt the performer was doing it like he was half awake or totally not into it or just there for the paycheck.
I know.But the episode is already so short...
When I first heard the song ,it did sound like he was dying or something. But after hearing the full version of it,it sound a lot better ,it really fits the mood of Yorknew arc. I think it is just the way his voice sound ,there are some singers out there who sound like they are dying or half awake in their songs when they are not.


I hate neither Ohaiyou nor the new opening, but I agree that it should have been changed, at least for Yorknew (I don't know if it has or hasn't, I'm still in Heaven's Arena). But I do like that old opening, in my opinion it really sets the mood for Yorknew.
Agree. I hope they don't change the ending theme though...

Kurapika is one of the scariest characters in HxH, at least in manga form.
What do you mean by "scary" ?
I think Gon is more scary of a character compare to Kurapika. I think I would also add Alluka ,illumi ,hisoka , pitou to the list too.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Aaarghh!! I really shouldn't have read those spoilers! It's been so long since I've last seen and read this arc (did both things only once) that I've only been able to remember its major events. Anyway, this was an enjoyable episode (aren't all of them? xD), but it did feel rather clunky, especially the music direction (tracks kept changing all of a sudden, though I did like the inclusion of newer tracks). And is it just me, or do Kurapika's lips look different? I'm not really a fan of his new hairstyle either (get a trim already!), personally I thought it looked better in the manga and the old anime.
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
What do you mean by "scary" ?

I think Gon is more scary of a character compare to Kurapika. I think I would also add Alluka ,illumi ,hisoka , pitou to the list too
There's a reason I said he's one of the scariest. Don't get me wrong, I'm not discrediting how scary characters like Hisoka, Illumi, and Gon are compared to Kurapika. But, they are scary in different ways. Gon's scary because he's unpredictable, lacks a general moral compass, and enjoys a good fight. Hisoka's scary because he enjoys killing. Illumi's scary because he's manipulative (and has a twisted brotherly love with Killua). Alluka's scary because of Nanika and her abilities, and Pitou's scary because she's strong, crazy, and likes to mess around with human bodies. Killua, although not as scary as the aforementioned, still has his moments. (Though Killua's never really struck me as scary, even when he'd just kill people out of frustration and rip hearts out).

Kurapika's scary because he's driven by revenge. Kurapika is cunning, calculative, and if he's pissed off, he can make your life a living hell. As readers, it's hard to tell what he's really thinking at times, and as it's been said here over and over again, he's a ticking time bomb. You don't need to be a mean, killing machine to be scary, though Kurapika doesn't seem to have qualms about killing if it's for the sake of revenge (ala Uvo, Paku)
 

Chain Bastard

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2012
Messages
90
Reaction score
247
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
France
Episode 39 : 3.5%
Not bad, better than last week. :^_^

To compare, the first episode of Heavens Arena had recorded the lowest rating with only... 2.7 %.

Hunter is really stable ! =)
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Glad to know it's doing well! I'd hate to see it end prematurely.

Is 3.5% pretty good?
 

Salce

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
324
Reaction score
338
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Glad to know it's doing well! I'd hate to see it end prematurely.

Is 3.5% pretty good?
It's good enough. More or less the same rating than Naruto.

But above 4.5 would be great. Actually during the Hunter Exam it reached 4.8, and was in the Top 10 many weeks.
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Do you have a site where all the episode ratings of HxH or other series are listed so we can compare it?
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,708
Reaction score
61,410
Gender
Male
Country
France
I watched the episode...I found soundtracks weird too but it's not a problem since this episode is an introduction to York Shin arc.They played new soundtracks to show that the anime will take a new direction IMO.But what really surprised me a made me smile was Huncyclopedia it shows that Mad House are really working with Togashi.
It's good enough. More or less the same rating than Naruto.

But above 4.5 would be great. Actually during the Hunter Exam it reached 4.8, and was in the Top 10 many weeks.
I think HxH will compete with One Piece later(not YS arc,but Ants arc).York Shin will raise ratings a lot.Mad House has really hyped this arc and they will try to surpass 99 anime(which was excellent),if this arc is made nicely,it will permit to stop complaints of 99 fans.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What do you mean by "scary" ?
I think Gon is more scary of a character compare to Kurapika. I think I would also add Alluka ,illumi ,hisoka , pitou to the list too.
Like kindredxiuxiu those characters are scary too. Obviously I don't mean a "boo!" type scary. I don't imagine Kurapika is hiding in my closet or under my bed...I think :verily but Kurapika is without a doubt a very dangerous person. Hisoka is scary because he's a sociopath who loves to fight. But with that you know to keep cautious around him. It's less of a matter of if Hisoka will strike rather it is a matter of WHEN Hisoka will strike. Illumi is scary because of his craftiness and poker face. He gives the impression of a soldier just following orders but really I think he's got plans of his own. Pitou is a monster who finds
fun in killing. Alluka is scary because of Alluka's innocence. It's like a baby with a machine gun.

Kurapika is scary because of his sheer ruthlessness and cold and calculable mindset.

I think this version will show us that through Melody.
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Hmm, dunno, I never saw Alluka as scary. Even Nanika is kinda cute )
But yeah, I sorta agree on both Kurapika and Gon. What makes them even more scary is that others named characters (excluding Alluka) were antagonists, while Gon and Kurapika being protagonist. That indeed is scary, as they are supposed to be good huh =D
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I suspect we will be seeing Hunter x Hunter 341 in January and Volume 31 soon after.

Of course that's just a guess. But didn't HxH return shortly after the tv series was announced?
 

ZonikStrike

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
369
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Of course that's just a guess. But didn't HxH return shortly after the tv series was announced?
Announced, not started! :teehee That means... There must be chapter 341 NAO! =D
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Moderator Notice:
Movie-related things to be discussed here only.~ Uriel
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Announced, not started! :teehee That means... There must be chapter 341 NAO! =D
I kinda forget when the manga last returned.

But well anywho I see Jan 2013 as a due date for Togashi! But let's hope it's earlier!
 

Beans

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2012
Messages
188
Reaction score
243
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Jordan
I think there's something wrong in the subs in here.


Aren't Transmuters supposed to alter their Aura's qualities?
 

brigid001

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2009
Messages
138
Reaction score
99
Gender
Female
Country
Ireland
I think there's something wrong in the subs in here.


Aren't Transmuters supposed to alter their Aura's qualities?
Yeah I knew there was something strange about that. Because when I thought of Killua's future ability...
it's really his aura not an object he changes.
 

MegamanX195

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2011
Messages
354
Reaction score
185
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I think there's something wrong in the subs in here.


Aren't Transmuters supposed to alter their Aura's qualities?
Yup, pretty sure the subs are wrong.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top