Anime Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiggsBoson

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 7, 2012
Messages
29
Reaction score
22
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Awesome episode. With the violence taken to a new level (really surprised about Tochino's bullet hole in the head being shown), I feel pretty confident about how the rest of the series will be adapted (especially the chimera ant arc).

Not sure why Ubo didn't lose his singlet after the bazooka attack, he should lose it after the Big Bang Impact though.
Bullet hole made me O_O

And I'm pretty sure it was made to add some shock factor in the next ep when Injyu and Kurapika will see Spider Tatoo. They will be like "Genei Ryooooodan-o!!! =O"
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
BTW did anyone think when they had Franklin's nen bullets text it looked like some old movie poster:

Franklin IS THE AMBIDEXTROUS AUTOMATIC DOUBLE MACHINE GUN MAN

co-starring Feitan as
Lil' Painpacker

:P
 

Cinnabar

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
350
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Oh yes, the adrenaline. I cannot tell you how many times I held my breath while watching HxH 2011. I think the last anime I ever felt that way was FMA or Code Geass. Can't remember.

I really liked the car chase in the manga. It makes me feel the rush. But what I really liked in the Yorkshin arc was the city itself. You get to see quite a number of places as the characters move around (and boy do they move around a lot). Yorkshin also introduces a lot of characters and organization. You have a sense of how the mafia in HxH runs. You get introduced to one type of Hunter (Blacklist Hunters) and see how that works. You get to meet different types of people, thus giving a sense of diversity.

You kinda get a feel for the city, what with the auctions going on and the chase. I really like how the manga makes one feel like the city is alive and breathing, and not just a place characters meet up in. I have faith Madhouse will pull these details off splendidly.
 

mousiehamster

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
165
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
First half was good but had plenty of still shots (can't even be bothered with animating the manga panels, like Kastro's fight). Good music track, decent direction, fairly explicit with the violence, which is great. Second half with Uvo had strange music selection - again, as well as more still shots. Injyuu are too polite not to introduce themselves, and Worm's voice is horrible. I note that he isn't accurate to the manga either, in which he squirms out of the ground like some kind of gelatinous corkscrew, is slimmer around the upper body and head, and has a scary voice (look at the font).
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
This episode was absolute fantastic, I don't know why you guys are criticising the animation, it was excellent throughout, with some great emphasis shots of Uvogin that really makes you appreciate his strength. The tone and mood was so intense here. I've been saying for months now that the director said the level of violence will increase with this arc, what more can I say besides - this episode proves everyone wrong. Looking forward to Chimera Ants arc! :P
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This episode was absolute fantastic, I don't know why you guys are criticising the animation, it was excellent throughout, with some great emphasis shots of Uvogin that really makes you appreciate his strength. The tone and mood was so intense here. I've been saying for months now that the director said the level of violence will increase with this arc, what more can I say besides - this episode proves everyone wrong. Looking forward to Chimera Ants arc! :P
Well I'm not so much criticizing the animation as saying it wasn't much of a factor for me this episode.

However next episode I hope we get at least Episode 34 quality.
 

Beans

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2012
Messages
188
Reaction score
243
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Jordan
Dis episode is de real shit!!

I never thought it was gonna be that violent!!
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So can everyone stop doubting Madhouse and saying they need to change timeslots now? haha
but imagine what they could get away with in a latter time lot. LOL.

Let's just hope for no angry parents.
 

Noonealive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
282
Reaction score
180
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Frankly i thought the animation wasn't bad at all. IMO it's not all about animation. The liberties that Madhouse took with the camera angles were executed well. The conversation between Uvo and Chrollo was legit. Being in the guys shoes where Uvo was walking towards you and grabbing your head was a pretty intense seen IMO. The little blurred effect from being hit added to the fun.

I was looking at more towards the execution of the overall story, the animation doesn't bother me that much because frankly IMO animation wasn't the main focus in this ep.
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
There's plenty of fighting and I could just tell where they were cutting corners, I was confused mostly because the previous two episodes had nicer animation, I was hoping we'd see something more akin to episode 34's animation which to me is a much less memorable moment in HxH (gon and killua vs handicaps compared to Spiders vs Mafia)
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,700
Reaction score
61,407
Gender
Male
Country
France
So can everyone stop doubting Madhouse and saying they need to change timeslots now? haha
I am not worried about Ants Arc anymore:hee.It was really fantastic,Injuu's VA are great too(especially Worm and Leech).But Huncyclopedia disturbed me...
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Big 3 got released today? Shit ignore it, there's a new HxH episode :3c I never thought I would actually prefer a new HxH ep over Naruto/One Piece but that's just how awesome the show is~

Agreed with all the others here, far more violent than I expected. When they showed that sea of blood I was all "Wow Madhouse you bold bas****, nice job". Ever since Yorknew Arc started I'm craving for the next episodes and this urge only gets stronger each time :zomg


besides that lol, Huncyclopedia became a Gon x Killua shipping ground :lmao
 

heron bpv

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
391
Reaction score
254
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Awesome episode indeed. As always, the nen-techniques presentation scenes were awesome (though I missed one for Deme-chan; it was one of the best parts of the episode).
Too bad, even with all the violence, they couldn't show Uvogin actually tearing everything to pieces barehanded (it looked more like a spanking; still cool but kind of makes Schuwala note on the subject contradictory).
Also, R.I.P. Veze, Tocchino and Sachmono.
 

riniloves

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
224
Reaction score
179
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
Overall todays episode was awesome....
I just wish they removed the opening song for the mood...
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Ok, Madhouse seriously doesn't give a rat's ass about the show's time slot. This is a show that airs on Sunday mornings, usually a family time slot, yet they still show a bloody massacre, a guy getting a bullet shot through his head, a guy's neck breaking as well as his face being disfigured, etc... Madhouse never ceases to amaze with how much crap they can get past the radar. Either parents are ignorant of what their children are watching, or they just don't care (perhaps they even enjoy it!).

And I'm convinced that the Hunterpedia segments at the end of the show were created for the sole sake of slashers. C'mon guys, at least leave something to the imagination :XD
 

MegamanX195

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2011
Messages
354
Reaction score
185
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I don't get the all the "animation" talk... It's not REQUIRED at every possible scene somebody is attacking someone else. The stills of Ubo's wicked face neatly put an emphasis in just HOW much he enjoys doing all that. I think all of the still images served a better point than how it would be if it was some lightning-fast beatdown.

This episode was simply totally great, will definitely shut up all the censorship folks... if there's ONE complaint I have, it's a very minor one: in the "bird's eye" shots of "Ubo's Arena", one or 2 guys positioned in such a way that it looked like they missed a head or leg would've been pretty good.
 

Popo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2008
Messages
165
Reaction score
435
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
That was so much better than I ever expected this episode to be. 10/10. Uvogin is beastly! His expressions are wild; he acted as though he'd been raised among bears. The voice acting was fantastic as well...such a tribute to classic Shonen. I got Dragon Ball vibes.


"Ha! None of you will escape!"
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Cinnabar said:
What I did not expect at all was Killua kissing Gon. Welp, that's fanservice for you.
Yeah... good thing it's not trying to be represented as canon. I'm afraid to go onto tumblr now to look at gifs and whatnot because of all the avid Gon/Killua shippers.

I didn't have problems with the animation. Sure, it wasn't as fluid as what we've seen before, a little choppy, but it wasn't bad. I mean, it's not like we're getting half-assed drawn people, half-assed drawn backgrounds, or anything like that. I've seen much lazier animation in other anime, and for a long-running series, Madhouse has been doing a good job.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top