A quick scene in Nippon’s of a worried Shalnark.
Madhouse explains the situation with Kurapika’s nen type.
In Nippon’s adaptation, Kurapika takes off one lens instead of both. And to be honest, I like the
heterochromic effect.
Emperor Time
Then we see what happened before with Kurapika and Mizuken. Everything was just like the manga with the exception of comparing the condition to mahjong or poker. In Nippon’s adaptation we go back to
episode 45 that didn’t follow the manga as closely. In the manga, Kurapika kept ignoring Mizuken till he mentioned the possibility of conjuring an unbreakable chain. In Nippon’s adaptation we can’t tell if she went back to him or kept going and Mizuken followed her. And apparently he knows about her ploy for revenge… it’s just the beginning…!
Nippon’s adaptation shows us how conjuration works…
BUT, it contradicts what Kurapika said in chapter
123. This is how his training went:
Panel 1:
-“Once I decided on chains, I began with imagery training.” – “First, I fiddled with real chains… around the clock.” – “I felt them with my eyes closed, drew thousands of pictures…” – “I tasted them, smelled them, rattled them, and stared at them for hours.” – “My teacher told me to do nothing but play with them.”
Panel 2:
-“He took away the real chains once I started to dream about them every night.” – “Eventually, I began to hallucinate them.”
Panel 3:
-“They seemed more real as the days passed, and I could even feel and hear them.” – “And one day, I found them conjured in my hands.”
In Nippon’s adaptation on the other hand, this is what we see. BTW, I experienced sitting under a waterfull, and to tell you this, it’s not as simple as it sounds like. The water hits your head and body very hard and it is too cold! I didn’t get how sitting under a waterfall is training till I tried it in real life. Back to the scene, I’m not gonna lie, the hallucination does look freakin awesome!
How did Kurapika’s aura reach the moon?!
I ask again: Are you still not sure Kurapika is meant to be a girl here? And what kind of blood is that?! And does Kurapika’s earring have a special power of some sort?! Not to mention the contradiction of how he conjured the chains as mentioned above!
Still have doubts?! Kurapika is a girl in Nippon’s adaptation and it has been proved numerous times and
I don’t want any mail asking me to stop calling her a “she” to respect your feelings because the truth has been revealed and you have to accept it!!
Mizuken reminds Kurapika that she wants to become a black list hunter which what she told the captain early in the series, but here he says he knew about it from the Hunter Association. Did the association gather information about the hunters and their goals? Oh wait… that was one of Netero’s questions in the interview with the final candidates in the exam.
But then he tells her about the contract in which he should’ve told her a long time ago… but in Nippon’s adaptation he tells her it’s one of the principles of nen – something not mentioned in the manga. And instead of comparing to mahjong or poker, he compares it to running away from fire or a mouse cornered by a cat. And it didn’t show the equation. The end of their conversation was in the current episode (
episode 56).
-“Just like poker or mahjong.” – “The more difficult the hand, the more it’s worth.”
Back to the current episode, we get a silent scene between them, until Mizuken starts talking about dropping revenge….
Back to the current events. Here we see the healing thumb as well as the damage the arm received earlier. The bruise in Madhouse’s is
HUGE compared to Nippon’s which is natural because that failure of a punch didn’t do much impact to make a great damage!
And then the torture fest begins, along with Nippon’s second problem with the episode: Kurapika gets tormented by her torturing Uvo - one of the people who murdered her tribe and swore to kill them all! But since Furuhashi made her a girl so it’s natural that she got a more delicate heart than Madhouse’s cold hearted manly man who shows no mercy or rethink his action on his target!
Uvo’s lib moment in this moment was super cool for such a minor thing to animate!
I liked the performance and overall presentation of this scene in Madhouse better.
Stake of Retribution
Uvo’s death and burial. In the manga Kurapika didn’t show any emotions and all what he concerned was the time and energy he spent on. Mahouse made the same a masterpiece by combining the Sin City style and the deadly silence. In Nippon’s adaptation…
PATHETIC! Kurapika who we saw determined to kill is now falling on her knees crying over her “crime”! And her crime was so devastating that the moon is crying with her!! But again, what’s new?! This is Furuhashi who wanted to end the series by killing Kurapika to “atone for her sins” of killing the ones who killed her tribe. We got it Furuhashi: “Revenge doesn’t pay”. But what you’ve failed to realize that this is
NOT your story and you’re
NOT the author to decide what the characters are!! You destroyed for us Gon and Killua and now you’ve destroyed Kurapika! Congratulations!!
In Nippon’s adaptation we see a silent scene between Shalnark and Feitan (We see Owl with them). In the manga there was a dialogue here (And we see Feitan reads a book of
Trevor Brown). Madhouse skipped this scene and went straight to the meeting.
-Shal: “Is Uvo back yet?”
-Feitan: “No.” – “Don’t worry. He not die so easy.”
Unlike everybody else, I didn’t find any problem with the soundtrack. Everyone says it’s terrible and unfitting, and I repeat my question:
“Do you watch other battle anime?” Because for me, the music used wasn’t out of the ordinary and got used to that style in action fight scenes. Nippon’s adaptation on the other hand was
a complete failure. The deviation of Kurapika's character is by far the worst failure ever and a big evidence on Furuhashi’s faulty direction style and his view to the series, that and the fight was poorly made. ((Seriously what’s the deal with that lousy punch?!!))
9.5\10. For Madhouse of course.