Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 200 Spoiler/Discussion Thread

Lord Traffy Law

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 27, 2018
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
3,519
Age
31
Country
United Kingdom
himejima refused treatment?
 

aaannnnannan

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2020
Messages
265
Reaction score
158
Age
25
Country
England
himejima refused treatment?
Yep
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

When do u think we will be able to read the whole chap in English?
 

haijihusbando

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2020
Messages
175
Reaction score
572
Country
South Korea
Yep
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

When do u think we will be able to read the whole chap in English?
As always, Saturday. Though if Korean scans come out tmmrw I'll make my own translation and post it here lol
 

Gladiolus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2019
Messages
507
Reaction score
1,376
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I was expecting Iguro and Himejima to die, but, Mitsuri too?! Man, that one I didn't see it coming. At least Sanemi, against all odds, ended surviving.

It seems this is ending for real.
 

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
I think, something like that might be in the future chapters. I mean, there is no rush. First we give time to our protagonists, and after everyone says their goodbyes we cut down back to Muzan and fully enjoy his suffering in the afterlife :)
I wanted to see Muzan's life crumble in front of his own eyes, the act of dying so to speak.
I don't really care about an afterlife without the proper set-up.
 

Shadowlord123

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2018
Messages
1,745
Reaction score
5,149
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
The number of deaths was within expectations, though I would be greatly surprised if Tanjiro dies. Under normal circumstances I would say such a thing would be impossible, but considering we're talking about Gotouge this possibility is not out of reach. Yet again, Nezuko is on her way here and she probably will do something. Man, this is shaping out to be such a heart-breaking chapter.

Muzan not having a backstory and the lack of emphasis on his death leaves not a good taste in my mouth. Hopefully, Gotouge can do something in the upcoming chapters (maybe something will be shown in this chapter since we don't have the full scans yet). There are still some things that need to be addressed.
 

Mirage

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
472
Reaction score
541
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Well luckily the only pillars I care about are alive. Good ending for me. :hee

Muzan really sucked as a big bad though.
 

Gladiolus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2019
Messages
507
Reaction score
1,376
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Tbh, Gotouge never tried with Muzan. He was always portrayed as a complete and utter scumbag with no redeeming qualities (not only as a person, but also as a villain) whose only role was to be the one causing all the evils of the series. I thought he was cool in his first appearence, but seeing how the series went for the Complete Monster trope for him, I ended disappointed in him. Sad to see that supporting villains like Kokushibou or Akaza ended up being better and more compelling antagonists than him (with better battles too).

At least we will always have the Muzan Jackson memes.
 

TylerHawke

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2016
Messages
1,931
Reaction score
2,638
Age
34
Country
United States
The only thing I find disappointing is the Muzan fight, his lack of a flashback ( could change in future chapters I suppose ) and the fact that Mitsuri dies like that. She barely did anything and for her to be taken out just feels weird tbh.

Even if Tanjiro is ( barely ) alive this chapter I expect him to probably die next week.
 

KimCorrea

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2016
Messages
740
Reaction score
815
Age
40
Country
Brazil
I like muzan. The fight was kind bad. But within his manners, behaviour if im wording it right.
He had disdain for humans, at least thats what i got from his actions on the manga.
So him fighting like he did, just flailing his monster arms around, underestimating everyone was within his character.
Because of that and he saving his OP demon arts as a last resort he lost.
(Nevermind the 3k effects from tamayos drug). :umad

I'm fine if it ends like this. With sanemi ( sanemi deserves to be happy somehow) and giyu surviving. Realistic speaking on fantasy manga about demons and ultrahealing powers, that's okay. Some people dying. And tanjiro dying is okay Too. The manga is kind sad most of the Times, I hope it finishes the same way. With sadness embracing everyone, even thought they will be happy that no more human consuming monster are coming the way. ;)


There still time for muzan/tanjiro merging while they were together. That kamado blood is the one that can resist the Sun if it is mixed with demons blood. (That would suck so much and be cheap asspull)
 
Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I wasn't exactly expecting muzan to get a flashback. My interpretation of the character is that muzan, unlike his UMs, is undeserving and incapable of redemption. he is an animal devoid a single shred of humanity that simply needed to be put down. Flashbacks in general serve to humanize demons in this series, but muzan lacks that shred of humanity, that capacity to regret. I do kinda want his actual thoughts as he dies, showing him as the mere animal and giant fucking baby he is for one last time.

As for tanjiro... that's sad. I was kinda hoping he'd get to at least live. I am going to assume that nezuko at least is going to reach him before he passes.
 

GrimTwin

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 19, 2016
Messages
18
Reaction score
18
Age
37
Country
United States
WTF? Kanroji dying seems really stupid
 

Taiyoo

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 12, 2020
Messages
24
Reaction score
46
Age
25
Country
Romania
I wonder how Kanao would react when she will see Tanjiro.
 

Orujo

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 13, 2018
Messages
17
Reaction score
13
Age
30
Country
United States
Like the drug Tamayo produced against muzan it was only temporary it's reasonable to believe that she only managed to temporarily stop the flow of poison combine this with all the wounds everyone had received plus the short intervals of rest in between it's a just testament to how strong the pillars are. Btw I have no idea how giyuu or sanemi are alive.
 

haijihusbando

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2020
Messages
175
Reaction score
572
Country
South Korea
Waiting now for kimetsu gakuen AU spinoff where everyone is alive and happy so i can forget the depression this series has given me
 

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,118
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
you noticed that whoever is on the right is smiling. And whoever is left has a sad face.
 

Laminariales

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2017
Messages
393
Reaction score
395
Gender
Female
Country
Akatsuki
Waiting now for kimetsu gakuen AU spinoff where everyone is alive and happy so i can forget the depression this series has given me
The only thing I'm sure sanemi is pushing genya away in every universe, even in heaven he opted to go to hell

next volume will probably see gakuen iguro
 

Equaling Heaven

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2017
Messages
472
Reaction score
1,574
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I wasn't expecting both love and serpent to die. That's what surprised me.
Himejima had it coming, there was no way, since I saw this guy and how he carries around an aura of guilty and a will to sacrifice so he could "avenge" the children he couldn't protect.

If Tanjiro dies, he wouldn't be the first protagonist to do so and it wouldn't be bad. I'll throw a coin that in the last 5 chapters he may come back, somehow. An ending were the protagonist dies is always sad, after all they've been through. Yes. But I like how they do it in Katanagatari, and JoJo part 1. Their will was kept alive in the people that they lived with, and in the next generations too.
Axel once said in Kingdom Hearts: "I want everybody I meet to remember me. Inside people's memories, I can live forever."

Tanjiro was a life change for a lot of people. Just like Yoriichi was too. He may be gone, but those who stand still will never forget him. All that I said may sound confuse, but what I'm tryin to conclude is that a sad ending can still have some pieces of happiness in it.
 
Top