Discussion - Laxus Dreyar Thread | Page 23 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Laxus Dreyar Thread

What is your favorite Laxus' spell/ability?

• Total voters

Vis

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think it always depends on the case. For the most part, they wouldn't if they don't feel that they need to.

Laxus probably did not want to take any chances and just decided to nuke him seeing as how he was overpowering an entire faction of his guild. He may not have even intended to kill him, just to simply get Team Natsu out of there. His blasts may just really be that strong, even when produced casually.

Ramen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Ya Laxus kills!! That is one of the reasons I like him in the series. Like don't get me wrong but obliterating the enemy is to ensure that they don't return. Him and Gajeel kill enemies (Gajeel killed Grim Reaper Bloodman).
Technically Bloodman committed suicide

GL_Nova

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I mean, we even saw Natsu acknowledge that this was War and not a contest of skills. Laxus has no reason not to kill them.

Also, I think the fact a memory has become POF is interesting.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I decided to close the poll since it's done 3 years ago...

the winner is
outfit #4 and #11 (tie with 13 votes) :confetti

second place: outfit #12 with 6 votes

third place: outfit #10 with 5 votes

thanks to all participants!
link to the outfit post

I am thinking to add another poll...maybe "your favorite Laxus' spell"? 🤔

GL_Nova

Reaction score
Country
United States

the winner is

link to the outfit post

Yeah!!

Also, some people seem to think he used Raging Bolt against Ajeel instead of a random lightning bolt. They use the animation to argue it. I disagree wholeheartedly

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States

the winner is

link to the outfit post

Back when laxus was drawn perfectly :hee

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I have added the new poll: "What is your favorite Laxus' spell/ability?"! Cast your votes now! You can vote up to 4 choices

And don't forget to mention why you like particular spell/ability 😎 (not obligatory)

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
LFD Roar: Pretty easy tbh. The classic spell for all DS, when it was first introduced, it destroyed Natsu and Gajeel right away which is no easy feat. Also the way he used it, was awesome as well.

Heavenward Halberd: Ok now this spell is OP asf. It would've either killed Natsu or beat him to an inch of his life if it connected. Major AOE and awesome design overall.

Raiko: Killed a Spriggan that was immune to lightning. Lightning that surpasses all lightning. Nuff said

Endurance: Idc what anyone says, this guy has the best endurance in the entire guild. Fought Mystogan, Erza, Natsu and Gajeel 2v1 and was laughing after all that. Fought GMG Jura equally who was considered to be equal to Gildarts in a high diff fight and could still fight after. Was sick during Tartaros but still kicked Tempestas ass for a bit before the sickness defeated him. Killed a Spriggan in Alvarez whilst sick and would've destroyed Ajeel if August didn't save him. Helped take down Acno. Never did he run out of mp during these fights unless sickness did which doesn't count. Finally ran out of mp after having an extreme diff with Erza who could Enchant her swords with Fire DS and Ice DeS and before that fodderized Kyria.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
LD Jaw is my fave offensive spell Laxus has. He lays down ownership with that attack.

Lightning Body is awesome. Especially when he uses the OP version, like he did vs Wahl.

Also voted Other (love-making abilities. Obvious.)

GL_Nova

Reaction score
Country
United States
Raiko!!!!!: It kills people immune to fucking lightning 🤷🏾‍♂️

Red Lightning Mode: The greatest moment ever!! Laxus finally got a MODE!!!!!!! Made my decade

Heavenward Halberd: Lightning gods throw spears. It’s his real signature in my opinion.

Raging Bolt: the original spell. Nostalgia matters

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
@Kiki where tf is thunder is thunder palace???

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
@Kiki where tf is thunder is thunder palace???
gonna confirm it to you first since the tl in my downloaded anime file is fucked up and i am lazy to check it in the manga :p is it his own power?

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
gonna confirm it to you first since the tl in my downloaded anime is fucked up and i am lazy to check it in the manga :p is it his own power?
I think so, it's a bunch of thunder lacrimas that he creates that go off at a certain time that destroy everything in between them. @GL_Nova can u confirm this?

GL_Nova

Reaction score
Country
United States
woah woah woah wtf is that? I demand u explain urslef rn
The panel where he destroys his face mask. It’s clearly drawn like the light attacks. He has a distinct drawing style for lightning. It along with the flash he uses to blind escape the guild, and his use of FL later are the only examples of the various other Magic’s his character card mentions. Though he literally never uses any of those skills later. Just like thought projection, and some of his other cool spells.🙄

I think so, it's a bunch of thunder lacrimas that he creates that go off at a certain time that destroy everything in between them. @GL_Nova can u confirm this?
Yeah, the Lacrima would have destroyed the city. Though Palace always seemed a strange name to me. Would have been more truthful to call it Thunder Cage..but his epitaph is Thunder God sooo I guess it need more umph.

I always thought it was an interesting choice that as he got stronger Laxus began to stop using spells. Though as you see it’s become more common for all of them. The more powerful they become the more their regular mastery of their element is used, and their old low power spells are now finishers.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
The panel where he destroys his face mask. It’s clearly drawn like the light attacks. He has a distinct drawing style for lightning. It along with the flash he uses to blind escape the guild, and his use of FL later are the only examples of the various other Magic’s his character card mentions. Though he literally never uses any of those skills later. Just like thought projection, and some of his other cool spells.🙄

Yeah, the Lacrima would have destroyed the city. Though Palace always seemed a strange name to me. Would have been more truthful to call it Thunder Cage..but his epitaph is Thunder God sooo I guess it need more umph.

I always thought it was an interesting choice that as he got stronger Laxus began to stop using spells. Though as you see it’s become more common for all of them. The more powerful they become the more their regular mastery of their element is used, and their old low power spells are now finishers.
In the anime tho, that beam is just lightning.

@Kiki yes it's his own power

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
There are also Lightning Dragon's Iron Fist and Organic Link Magic too in wikipedia, but not sure if you guys want them to be added????

maybe kingdom setting? halberd, palace...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

In the anime tho, that beam is just lightning.

@Kiki yes it's his own power
damn then he was capable of destroying a city since long time ago. beast
--- Double Post Merged, ---

ok I have added: Iron fist, organic link magic, and thunder palace