• After a long hiatus, the Scavenger Hunt is returning! Sign Up is now open HERE!

Fantasy Lucy Vs Juvia

Itsnever2k

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
How is this up for debate? Lucy = Juvia at GMG and has had like 3 major boosts since then, and Juvia hasn't done anything new since, at least in combat. Lucy should be way stronger at this point.

AWater22

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Star dress doesn't require her to have her keys. Especially the Aquarius star dress, which she's been using without Aquarius key all this time.
For all her star dresses she touches the key to herself and uses it. I assumed she touches the broken key to herself but Aquarius star dress won't effect juvia because she can control the water.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
For all her star dresses she touches the key to herself and uses it. I assumed she touches the broken key to herself but Aquarius star dress won't effect juvia because she can control the water.
Lucy went through a bunch of star dresses in the last chapter, and I don't see her touching her keys every time. Lucy doesn't have to beat Juvia with Aquarius star dress. She just has to not drown, summon a spirit, and cast Urano.

AWater22

Reaction score
Country
United States
Lucy went through a bunch of star dresses in the last chapter, and I don't see her touching her keys every time. Lucy doesn't have to beat Juvia with Aquarius star dress. She just has to not drown, summon a spirit, and cast Urano.
Did you read my previous posts?
Juvia, I think. Two reasons:

1) Lucy is basically powerless without her keys. If Juvia is able to remove her keys like she did in phantom arc she could easily win.
2) Lucy hasn't been shown to be able to take much of a physical beating, and when she does, she loses a considerable amount of magic power. Plus, Juvia pulled off her second-origin ability, Wings of Love, with little effort. While Lucy has a lot of trouble pulling Urano Mentria off without immense emotional power.

Not to mention the only attacks that would affect Juvia would be: Aquarius star dress, Leo+Leo star dress, and Urano Mentria.
Either way I can't see Lucy winning this.

First of all, if Juvia water locks lucy's keys and then makes them float away, lucy can't get to them and she can't open gates without touching her keys. Lol. Horologium is one use, Virgo can't effect Juvia, and Loke travelling is purely coincidental.

Second, What I meant was Lucy's lack of defensive spells left her to be able to be injured. She also lost a lot of MP.

Third, in all cases Lucy had to use UM to help her friends. I don't see this coming up in this particular battle. Plus, in all cases Lucy ran out of MP immediately after casting it. Both times Juvia casted it she was perfectly fine and was able to keep fighting. Both cases the opponent/s were defeated right after, so logically she should be able to use it again. Plus, UM requires a lengthy incantation so trap her in the water; "OH NO I CAN'T SPEAK". lol.

Fourth, Juvia's whirlpool is roughly equal to Lucy's water wave and flood, and she was able to SPAM the whirlpool. As far as I know Lucy hasn't got Aquarius back yet.

Last, as far as I know for Gemini, Juvia hasn't got enough feats, so saying Juvia < Lucy in MP would be speculation. For the case of this fight Let's say Juvia = Lucy. Here is how I see the fight going:

1) The only immediate win would be if Juvia somehow separates Lucy from her keys or she "Love Rival" oneshots Lucy. lol
2) Legnthy fights would logically have Juvia win.
3) The fight will be comedy and they will stalemate like Juvia vs Shelia. lol
4) Lucy wins because she is the main character.

If we look at this match by feats technically Lucy is STRONGER than Juvia. But the matchup goes in the favor of Juvia because of what I mentioned in my first post.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I'm also pretty sure she does touch the keys to herself, but a lot of the star dress changes were off screen/page so I don't know.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada

1) Lucy is basically powerless without her keys. If Juvia is able to remove her keys like she did in phantom arc she could easily win.
2) Lucy hasn't been shown to be able to take much of a physical beating, and when she does, she loses a considerable amount of magic power. Plus, Juvia pulled off her second-origin ability, Wings of Love, with little effort. While Lucy has a lot of trouble pulling Urano Mentria off without immense emotional power.

Not to mention the only attacks that would affect Juvia would be: Aquarius star dress, Leo+Leo star dress, and Urano Mentria.

First of all, if Juvia water locks lucy's keys and then makes them float away, lucy can't get to them and she can't open gates without touching her keys. Lol. Horologium is one use, Virgo can't effect Juvia, and Loke travelling is purely coincidental.

Second, What I meant was Lucy's lack of defensive spells left her to be able to be injured. She also lost a lot of MP.

Third, in all cases Lucy had to use UM to help her friends. I don't see this coming up in this particular battle. Plus, in all cases Lucy ran out of MP immediately after casting it. Both times Juvia casted it she was perfectly fine and was able to keep fighting. Both cases the opponent/s were defeated right after, so logically she should be able to use it again. Plus, UM requires a lengthy incantation so trap her in the water; "OH NO I CAN'T SPEAK". lol.

Fourth, Juvia's whirlpool is roughly equal to Lucy's water wave and flood, and she was able to SPAM the whirlpool. As far as I know Lucy hasn't got Aquarius back yet.

Last, as far as I know for Gemini, Juvia hasn't got enough feats, so saying Juvia < Lucy in MP would be speculation. For the case of this fight Let's say Juvia = Lucy. Here is how I see the fight going:

1) The only immediate win would be if Juvia somehow separates Lucy from her keys or she "Love Rival" oneshots Lucy. lol

If we look at this match by feats technically Lucy is STRONGER than Juvia. But the matchup goes in the favor of Juvia because of what I mentioned in my first post.

I'm also pretty sure she does touch the keys to herself, but a lot of the star dress changes were off screen/page so I don't know.
Lucy isn't powerless without her keys though. She's not holding her keys going through her star dresses in the latest chapters. I don't see any reason to assume Lucy needs to use her keys to use a star dress if most of the time she uses one is without the key. I don't even see how water lock makes Lucy lose her keys. Water lock involves trapping someone in a sphere of water. Water lock can't rip Lucy's keys away from her hands. The only reason Lucy lost her keys the first time around was because she drowned, and just dropped them. If Lucy simply holds her breath and grabs her keys, this entire tactic goes out the window.

It's not like Juvia can take much of a beating either, and I would argue that Lucy can take more of a beating than Juvia can. The people who Lucy has taken beatings from are all, quite frankly, stronger than Juvia.

Second origin just doubles your MP. Wings of love isn't on the same level as Urano Metria. The difference is that Lucy will likely oneshot Juvia if she lands Urano Metria, whereas Lucy can probably tank a bunch of wings of love.

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
Keys are more for the Spirits summoning . Lucy broke Aquarius's in the past and as it regens, Lucy hasn't got the Key yet. By your logical, Lucy should be able to use Aquarius's dress, nor Aquarius Mix Dress x Scorpio.

The fact is Lucy still use Aquarius Dress all the time. With that, she is already on par with Jubia. Lucy is also smarter than Jubia I think. She can use Spirits to tank her the time to cast UM to one shot Jubia, like she did with Mimi. But as a friend, she won't do that. Still, Leo can blind Jubia and Lucy can finish her with Aquarius Dress or Mix Dress if necessary and other Spirits can serve as shields and distractions.

Jubia is strong with great habilities but I think, Lucy rised to an another level in the last chapter. Lucy is now above Jubia by some mergin.

AWater22

Reaction score
Country
United States
Lucy isn't powerless without her keys though. She's not holding her keys going through her star dresses in the latest chapters. I don't see any reason to assume Lucy needs to use her keys to use a star dress if most of the time she uses one is without the key. I don't even see how water lock makes Lucy lose her keys. Water lock involves trapping someone in a sphere of water. Water lock can't rip Lucy's keys away from her hands. The only reason Lucy lost her keys the first time around was because she drowned, and just dropped them. If Lucy simply holds her breath and grabs her keys, this entire tactic goes out the window.

It's not like Juvia can take much of a beating either, and I would argue that Lucy can take more of a beating than Juvia can. The people who Lucy has taken beatings from are all, quite frankly, stronger than Juvia.

Second origin just doubles your MP. Wings of love isn't on the same level as Urano Metria. The difference is that Lucy will likely oneshot Juvia if she lands Urano Metria, whereas Lucy can probably tank a bunch of wings of love.
As for water lock I mentioned that Juvia can just trap the keys in water and make them float away so lucy can't touch them.

What I meant about taking a beating was enhance her defensive power. According to feats lucy does beat juvia in physical resilience but with magic it is different.

Did you read my passage on Urano Metria?
Third, in all cases, Lucy had to use UM to help her friends. I don't see this coming up in this particular battle. Plus, in all cases Lucy ran out of MP immediately after casting it. Both times Juvia casted it she was perfectly fine and was able to keep fighting. Both cases the opponent/s were defeated right after, so logically she should be able to use it again. Plus, UM requires a lengthy incantation so trap her in the water; "OH NO I CAN'T SPEAK". lol.

If we look at this match by feats technically Lucy is STRONGER than Juvia. But the matchup goes in the favor of Juvia because of the match-up.

Star Frost

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Why does it matter if Juvia can spam Wings of Love just because she didn't tire out while Lucy tires out from using Urano Metria when that spell isn't as nor more powerful than Urano Metria? There's a clear difference between those two spells based on feats. Lucy can one-shot Juvia with her Urano Metria, but Juvia can't do the same to Lucy with her Wings of Love since Lucy displayed enough feats to say she can tank it.

Another thing, how would Water Lock get Lucy's keys when the keys are in the belt Lucy has around her waist? To get the keys the belt would have to be off of Lucy. Her Water Lock doesn't work like Minerva's Territory Magic, so trying to get her keys would be useless. Furthermore, Lucy isn't powerless without her keys. We seen her use her star dresses even without holding onto her keys, and spirits like Loke and Virgo can summon themselves. One of them can distract Juvia long enough for Lucy to use her Urano Metria. Matter of fact, I don't think Urano Metria will be necessary since she has her Star Dress Mix.

So yeah, I'm not sure why this is up for debate when Juvia doesn't have anything to say she will beat Lucy.

Itsnever2k

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I don't even see Juvia beating Aquarius star dress Lucy with Loke, so even if Juvia somehow takes Lucy's keys, which she almost definitely can't, then Lucy would still win imo. Juvia doesn't hit hard enough to beat Lucy, and Lucy has plenty of spells that would take out Juvia.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
As for water lock I mentioned that Juvia can just trap the keys in water and make them float away so lucy can't touch them.

What I meant about taking a beating was enhance her defensive power. According to feats lucy does beat juvia in physical resilience but with magic it is different.

Did you read my passage on Urano Metria?
Third, in all cases, Lucy had to use UM to help her friends. I don't see this coming up in this particular battle. Plus, in all cases Lucy ran out of MP immediately after casting it. Both times Juvia casted it she was perfectly fine and was able to keep fighting. Both cases the opponent/s were defeated right after, so logically she should be able to use it again. Plus, UM requires a lengthy incantation so trap her in the water; "OH NO I CAN'T SPEAK". lol.

If we look at this match by feats technically Lucy is STRONGER than Juvia. But the matchup goes in the favor of Juvia because of the match-up.
Water lock just traps Lucy underwater. It doesn't target her keys.

You also haven't shown how Lucy is powerless without her keys. We've seen Lucy use stardresses without using her keys many times now.

I mean, if Lucy can tank shots stronger than what Juvia can dish out....Does it really matter if Lucy doesn't have a magic that specialize in defense?

Saving a friend isn't a requirement for Urano Metria. Lucy was willing to use Urano Metria against Flare just to win a round during the GMG.

The incantation isn't a huge issue because Lucy has spirits that can buy Lucy time for the spell.

AWater22

Reaction score
Country
United States
Water lock just traps Lucy underwater. It doesn't target her keys.

You also haven't shown how Lucy is powerless without her keys. We've seen Lucy use stardresses without using her keys many times now.

I mean, if Lucy can tank shots stronger than what Juvia can dish out....Does it really matter if Lucy doesn't have a magic that specialize in defense?

Saving a friend isn't a requirement for Urano Metria. Lucy was willing to use Urano Metria against Flare just to win a round during the GMG.

The incantation isn't a huge issue because Lucy has spirits that can buy Lucy time for the spell.
What if Juvia targets the keys with water lock?

Again, using star dress without her keys is not confirmed. Most of it is shown off screen so we don't know yet. Based on what we've seen so far Lucy never used star dress without holding her keys.

It matters because Lucy is able to get injured. If Juvia injures certain parts of her body, it would limit lucy's movement.

She used UM against flare because she had to beat an enemy of fairy tail.

And I don't think Lucy has enough MP to summon gemini, another spirit, and use UM at the same time.

Rigel

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
This is ridiculous. What evolution did Juvia have? This character hasn't had an improvement since Tenrou and is it being discussed that she can secure Lucy's keys with a technique used at the beginning of the manga? A spell that Lucy knows.

What guarantees that Lucy would not just explode that water bubble? And what relevant spell does Juvia have to finish Lucy?

Since when does Juvia surpass the Jackal base? Juvia is an opponent for characters like Lisanna and Levy, and I'm not kidding.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
What if Juvia targets the keys with water lock?
What if she does? Lucy could easily just reach her hand inside and snatch her keys back. She could also just dodge it or keep her keys hidden, or just, you know, hold on to her keys to begin with.
Again, using star dress without her keys is not confirmed. Most of it is shown off screen so we don't know yet. Based on what we've seen so far Lucy never used star dress without holding her keys.
Yes it is, she has used Aquarius star dress without the key.
It matters because Lucy is able to get injured. If Juvia injures certain parts of her body, it would limit lucy's movement.
Not really, Mimi beat Lucy's ass, Lucy can still move. Everyone can be injured, it rarely makes any difference to combat performance until they're fully beaten. That said, who cares? Juvia can be injured too, it doesn't matter.
She used UM against flare because she had to beat an enemy of fairy tail.
It's a spell she literally practices in the bath, Lucy can use UM whenever she wants, it's simply a matter of getting the incantation finished.

AWater22

Reaction score
Country
United States
What if she does? Lucy could easily just reach her hand inside and snatch her keys back. She could also just dodge it or keep her keys hidden, or just, you know, hold on to her keys to begin with.
Yes it is, she has used Aquarius star dress without the key.
Not really, Mimi beat Lucy's ass, Lucy can still move. Everyone can be injured, it rarely makes any difference to combat performance until they're fully beaten. That said, who cares? Juvia can be injured too, it doesn't matter.
It's a spell she literally practices in the bath, Lucy can use UM whenever she wants, it's simply a matter of getting the incantation finished.
Water Lock is said to be impenetrable by non-magic means. Her keys are always at her belt so she still has to reach it.

I'm pretty sure she uses the broken key for it? But even if that is so Aquarius star dress by itself won't be enough to beat Juvia.

Juvia can block the attacks with water or use water body. Not much to say here.

I don't remember her practicing it in the bath and if so why didn't she just start with it in all her fights. Who says Juvia can't stop her from saying the incantation.

Again, Lucy may be stronger than Juvia, but the matchup is not the greatest.