Games Mafia Game 100 - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Easy, you lynch them. Town generally has a lot of members exactly for having a lot of room for error. In MU I think we needed to mislynch 6 or 7 times or so to lose? Would need to check again but generally not a „3-4 mistakes and you lose“ kind of thing.
If there is a traitor among us, which is pretty much a given with only 3 mafias and Panda being host, and they aren't all the unskilled kind then we can afford like 3 mislynches plus 3 night kills, which isn't that much, as that takes us down to 7 total players and an almost mafia win if we fail to lynch a for the 4th time. So yeah, we should keep this in mind. Maybe Mafia got like 2 unskilled members and one skilled one which might give us a 66% to have a 50% extra failure chance on their kill action besides our prostitute and doc action. But even with that it will still be a close game that could already be over at day 3 (all mafia lynches) or day 4 (all town lynches).
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
What makes me hold back on Shad is that he didn't seem to be aware that vanilla mafias are game roles.
So say... if he was mafia and got a PM saying he's a Mafia Member along with 2 other people, would he be asking around if that's legit a game role?
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
I'm not afraid I will be lynched, in fact I think it sounds like a good deal now that the game is started.

I'm just tired, spent 4 hours coding at night instead of sleeping and today was late to work, then now I can't eat because I had to deal with Gry thinking I will rollover for him, and then got you angry at me for a free software I'm making as a gift.

You would be jumpy too if you were in my shoes, at the moment I need to eat and work.
And please don't use the software as an argument either way, I will make it and maintain it for the rest of the game either way, lynch me or not I don't really care right now.
No worries, I get it. I was tempted to post earlier already, but I were also sleep deprived and stressed by the upcoming interview, so I refrained form posting and took a nap before coming here, so I wouldn't get too anxious.

I never got angry at you though. I re-read my posts, and don't see any aggressiveness in them. Just questions.

But it's nice if you finish it either way. I bet future hosts also would appreciate that there is a proto for that type of thing.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,597
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I'm not afraid I will be lynched, in fact I think it sounds like a good deal now that the game is started.

I'm just tired, spent 4 hours coding at night instead of sleeping and today was late to work, then now I can't eat because I had to deal with Gry thinking I will rollover for him, and then got you angry at me for a free software I'm making as a gift.

You would be jumpy too if you were in my shoes, at the moment I need to eat and work.
And please don't use the software as an argument either way, I will make it and maintain it for the rest of the game either way, lynch me or not I don't really care right now.
Shad, if I was mafia what you‘re doing is the very definition of rolling over for me. Not discussing, just getting upset and flipping the table. But uh, sure. Too bad you didn‘t roll over by…giving your thoughts in a concise manner.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
What makes me hold back on Shad is that he didn't seem to be aware that vanilla mafias are game roles.
So say... if he was mafia and got a PM saying he's a Mafia Member along with 2 other people, would he be asking around if that's legit a game role?
Not impossible, I mean the more clueless you seem, the more it seems you don't have as much information which is a town trait. So it could be a simple ploy to seem more town-ish.

But get your point, it doesn indeed speak for him a bit.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Shad, if I was mafia what you‘re doing is the very definition of rolling over for me. Not discussing, just getting upset and flipping the table. But uh, sure. Too bad you didn‘t roll over by…giving your thoughts in a concise manner.
Dude keep quoting me, I'm not gonna let you have the last post, don't count on it.
All you have is your one vote, and you used it, why should I entertain you?

All you are doing is a marketing compaign to get my lynched, you believed SirSam was gonna stick on me because of last game and you failed :D
If anything you said was important, others would ask me and I will reply them, you are not the only person in this game.

Don't think too much of yourself.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,597
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
What makes me hold back on Shad is that he didn't seem to be aware that vanilla mafias are game roles.
So say... if he was mafia and got a PM saying he's a Mafia Member along with 2 other people, would he be asking around if that's legit a game role?
Did we really never have a normal mafia member shown in any game Shad played? Would need to check, I‘m sure we‘d have at least had Death Millers no? Not sure what to make of the beginning where a bunch of experienced players were suddenly confused if roleless mafias were a thing..
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Dude keep quoting me, I'm not gonna let you have the last post, don't count on it.
All you have is your one vote, and you used it, why should I entertain you?

All you are doing is a marketing compaign to get my lynched, you believed SirSam was gonna stick on me because of last game and you failed :D
If anything you said was important, others would ask me and I will reply them, you are not the only person in this game.

Don't think too much of yourself.
..? I almost never stay on my first vote in these games, since I tend to get involved in last minute shenanigans if they happen. Not making any campaigns since like 10 quotes ago, I keep wondering why you‘re so worked up and you‘re campaigning against yourself.

Not sure why you‘re being mean. Why do you insinuate that I‘m having a big ego now?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Well shouldn‘t have expected anything else, put in time to play and all you get is someone mad at you. Meh.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Well shouldn‘t have expected anything else, put in time to play and all you get is someone mad at you. Meh.
A valid explanation to your action is that you are scum.
You ignore my answers, ask question like 'didn't you read the first post?' while I already said it was a mistake. Clearly going for the triggering strategy.
Ignore my answers that are valid, you still haven't aknowledged that I did ask marm to not hint. why are you ignoring that fact?
Voting me after SirSam, knowing that he had 99% chance to stick on me from our last game interactions, giving me a second vote.
Ignoring me just now pointing out that you tried to ride on the back of SirSam, and talking only about how mean I'm being to you.

You are so inconsistent, the only thing going for you is that you are good at spamming and is hard to trigger, so enjoy that advantage you have.

Act like scum, discuss in bad faith and then blames me for fighting back.

I'm willing to stop replying, if you stop quoting me, it up to you when this discussion ends.
 

Tatsumaki

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2016
Messages
598
Reaction score
4,039
Gender
Female
Country
France
Oof it's been so long since I've played, I kinda almost forgot the game was happening lol.
Currently backreading.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,597
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Someone else please let me know if they understand Shad and his points because I don‘t and am done trying. Like we‘re reading different responses.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Not sure what to make of the beginning where a bunch of experienced players were suddenly confused if roleless mafias were a thing..
I don't recall a single 'experienced' person replying to Shad in a confused manner, tho. On the contrary, I think 3 or 4 of us told him it was a thing in spite of what's/how it's written in the rules.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Someone else please let me know if they understand Shad and his points because I don‘t and am done trying. Like we‘re reading different responses.
Honestly, no idea. Reading the exchange I was thoroughly confused what was going on.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,597
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I don't recall a single 'experienced' person replying to Shad in a confused manner, tho. On the contrary, I think 3 or 4 of us told him it was a thing in spite of what's/how it's written in the rules.
From what I recall nobody said it with full confidence, making them look confused about it as well.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Like quoting Unskilled Mafia descriptio.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
I gotta read back 'cause due to work I've been mostly skimming thru and replying to/with what I had in mind at that moment.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Hm, funny that it ain't written in the rules but there's a plain mafia member role in MG, it has been in games multiple times.
Huh... ^ this seems confident enough to me.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Someone else please let me know if they understand Shad and his points because I don‘t and am done trying. Like we‘re reading different responses.
So you are not gonna acknowledge that I asked @MarmaladeSky to not hint, as clearly as humanly possible? Before you pointed out my early hint?
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,597
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
A valid explanation to your action is that you are scum.
You ignore my answers, ask question like 'didn't you read the first post?' while I already said it was a mistake. Clearly going for the triggering strategy.
Ignore my answers that are valid, you still haven't aknowledged that I did ask marm to not hint. why are you ignoring that fact?
Voting me after SirSam, knowing that he had 99% chance to stick on me from our last game interactions, giving me a second vote.
Ignoring me just now pointing out that you tried to ride on the back of SirSam, and talking only about how mean I'm being to you.

You are so inconsistent, the only thing going for you is that you are good at spamming and is hard to trigger, so enjoy that advantage you have.

Act like scum, discuss in bad faith and then blames me for fighting back.

I'm willing to stop replying, if you stop quoting me, it up to you when this discussion ends.
Everything you wrote here is either: misinterpreted, blatantly false or even outright a lie. Saying I‘m ignoring you when you ignored my posts to you, completely not acknowledging anything I‘m telling you and changing the meaning any way you see fit.

This is a mess.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
So you are not gonna acknowledge that I asked @MarmaladeSky to not hint, as clearly as humanly possible? Before you pointed out my early hint?
This is the base to your vote, so addressing this point, should be enough to address everything no?
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,597
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
So you are not gonna acknowledge that I asked @MarmaladeSky to not hint, as clearly as humanly possible? Before you pointed out my early hint?
Not gonna play these games with you. Go back and reread my posts, because this is at this point either willful or accidental ignorance and I‘m not up for either.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Not gonna play these games with you. Go back and reread my posts, because this is at this point either willful or accidental ignorance and I‘m not up for either.
Is this an answer xD

NIce dodge.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,597
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I remember Mafia Members to be a thing. Though it might be an old and outdated one. See here:
Unskilled Mafia (Mafia) The Unskilled Mafia Member, is like a normal Member, but has only a 50% chance to succeed in killing his victim. The Unskilled Mafia doesn't know he is unskilled, nor do his team mates, and thinks he is a regular Mafia Member. (GAME 41)

The part of "thinks he is a regular Mafia Member" means that once we had Mafia Member as a simple Mafia role. Also this means that either all the three mafias are unskilled thinking they are regular MMs or some of them are regular MMs though there is no such role in the rulebook as you rightly pointed out. This could be a question for our hosts, ya know?

@Copy Panda Are regular Mafia Members an actual role for this game despite not being in the rule book or did you screw the Mafia over by giving them 3 50% kill chance roles? Not that I complain as that might increase the days this game might continue if night kills have an extra fail chance besides a doc stopping their kill. XD
I'd rather had a longer 100th match than a really short one. :confetti
Yeah agreed, knowing the hosts things might not be as it seems. Could very well be a bit more complicated than what it looks like at first glance. It's the 100th game after all.
That said, I agree with that 'mafia member' has been a role in previous games - or perhaps I'm just remembering it incorrectly. Going to check older games just in case.
@Farfalla these 2 didn’t sound very sure and they played a lot. Your response was more confident yet he tagged hosts and asked anyway.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Is this an answer xD

NIce dodge.
->

That‘s not a good idea at all. I see a lot of different good ways to use Pirate here without showing mafia who the Doc is.
I agree, which is why I asked marm above to not hint, that was first thing in the day before I thought about it.
So you agree but did it anyway? Did you read the opening post before writing your post or not?
Show me where you said if you posted your hint before or after reading the opening post.

The Marm thing happened later, and looks like a complete odd 180 in retrospect.
Then you became unreasonable and started screaming about being ignored.

And this is about all the effort I'll do until I see any coming from you.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

The mafia roles aren't revealed right? Mafia Member is not a role according to the rule book meaning they could have escort.

What do you think?
Hm, funny that it ain't written in the rules but there's a plain mafia member role in MG, it has been in games multiple times.
In a 13 people game, 3 plain mafias seem a bit 'weak' tho (with 14 players, they'd have 4 members) so we should expect 'surprises'. They mentioned that secondary roles are hidden, so that could be another indication. On the other hand, town has mostly vanilla members, but still numbers wise I'd be expecting someone to turn sides cause that's what that rule is about, imo following weird interactions or attention seeking gestures could be worthy and I'm saying this from the start to maybe cause some anxiety on said person(s) if that's the case. If we ignore the secondary roles mention tho, then a vanilla being recruitable wouldn't fit what I just mentioned, so hopefully behavior shifts later on would be noticeable. But uh... don't expect those 3 hosts to add some "spice" that is easy to narrow down tho... But yeah, sharing my thoughts on the setup so far.
@Copy Panda sorry to disturb you but:

Does Mafia Member means vanilla mafia (equivalent of townie) or it is just a generic term that refers to any mafia member like it is used in the rules thread?
Here he is asking, gets told by Farf that it's a proper role, then half an hour later he tags the hosts and asks them anyway.
So either he was not sure because James/Marm weren't as confident in their response, or this is all just BS for credibility. I don't see how he reads Farf's answer yet still doesn't trust it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top