Discussion Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,102
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Hows about a Pokemon theme?
Since Pokemon is always discussed in the ff
I think there was already a Pokémon mafia game before.

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

If something game related, then I would suggest Street Fighter. :wtf
If that's the case, I want Ryu or Vega (the spaniard) or I'm out :hmph
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,758
Reaction score
26,063
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This actually sound fun though lala - said I cant play this time since I got hs'd.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,102
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
This actually sound fun though lala - said I cant play this time since I got hs'd.
That is true...

Although I don't see your name in the "wall of shame".

[c]This post was deleted :derp.[/c]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I take it that you're probably not a fan of Soul Calibur, Gary?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I take it that you're probably not a fan of Soul Calibur, Gary?
I am, but for fun. It's not terribly deep game mechanics-wise. I wouldn't compare it to Mortal Kombat for instance, but it's not at the same level as other top-tier fighters.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
O.O

Soul Calibur is one of the greatest fighting series ever. In fact, Soul Calibur 1 and 2 are the best fighting games to have ever been created.


Suck it fanboys.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I am, but for fun. It's not terribly deep game mechanics-wise. I wouldn't compare it to Mortal Kombat for instance, but it's not at the same level as other top-tier fighters.
I agree with that, but I think it's a lot more fun for group rotation fighting. You have some friends over and you use loser's out rules.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
O.O

Soul Calibur is one of the greatest fighting series ever. In fact, Soul Calibur 1 and 2 are the best fighting games to have ever been created.


Suck it fanboys.
I'm not a snob about it, believe me. I have no problem playing the game for hours. As a game it's great, but as a fighter it has some deficiencies.

I agree with that, but I think it's a lot more fun for group rotation fighting. You have some friends over and you use loser's out rules.
Any fighting game is like that though. Playing against real competition is always better.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I'm not a snob about it, believe me. I have no problem playing the game for hours. As a game it's great, but as a fighter it has some deficiencies.

Any fighting game is like that though. Playing against real competition is always better.
I think it's way more fun than Mortal Kombat, even if it is less varied and less unique.

I don't play fighting games to go play against people online who spend 5-10, or more, hours per day playing, so I'm perfectly happy playing against friends, for which SC is, in my opinion, the most enjoyable fighting franchise.
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,121
Reaction score
20,242
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Well, if it's a Naruto related theme, I'll pass :lmao

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

And whoever suggested using Battle Royale is a damn genius.
Thanks.

----

If we can have 30-50 players:
DEATH NOTE THEMED MAFIA GAME
​

TOWNIES
Town,Townies/L & Police:
L
Watari
Matsuda
Soichiro
Aizawa
Mogi
Ide
Ukita
Wedy
Aiber

MAFIA
Mafia/ Light Death Note Team
Light
Misa
Rem
Ryuk
Teru
Kiyomi
Higuchi

MASONS
Masons/Yotsuba
Hatori
Takahashi
Kida
Namikawa
Mido
Shimura
Ooi

DUO
Duo/Loner Detectives
Mello
Matt

CITIZENS
City,Citizens/SPK
Near
Gevanni
Ridner
Rester
Ratt
McEnroe
Steve
Schmidt
Gardner
Skyner
Mocry
Tucker
McBride

SERIAL KILLER TEAM
Serial Killer Team/Shinigami World
King of Death
Shido
Jealous
Gook
Midora
Nu
Zellogi
Calicarkcha
Deridovely

Though I think this is too much :derp
 
Last edited:

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,121
Reaction score
20,242
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Top 3
Death Note - 6 votes
Uchiha - 3 votes
Game of Thrones - 3 votes

Total Votes so far: 16

Are all the the 16 voters participants for the next game?
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Faust, that's why I suggested something like an 18-19 player game, as 30-50 is quite clearly ridiculous. The 23 that we had last game was the most that we've ever had, afaik.

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

Faust, that's not a necessity. In order to know who's playing, you have to get people to sign up.

So, for example, something like this.

I'll play this DN game.

1. FrostyMouse

You know that people like Gary, Farfalla, and all of them will usually play. Sakura always plays, for example. Lawlett said no to DN, Charlie's banned, kdowns is banned. Evil will play.

Regardless, you still need people to sign up before you can actually know numbers.
 
Last edited:

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,121
Reaction score
20,242
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Having 30-50 participants is possible I think and 2-3 hosts.

We just need a good promotion/advertising so we can get participants though it will be wild and imagine how many posts will be posted XD HAHA :derp
People in MH are not killjoys and they are very cooperative

Though 20+ participants is not bad I guess.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,102
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I'm still shocked about Saint Seiya. Damn you Europeans...
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Faust, I'm not sure how much you know about the FF community on MH who are interested in forum games, but this is about it. A lot of the other FFers don't want to participate. It's been mentioned before.

You can try to get people interested, but it's doubtful.

Heck, on the forum I moderate, I don't even play forum games, only here.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top