Discussion Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nast.J

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
401
Reaction score
183
Gender
Hidden
Country
Japan
yeah actually, then i'd ask someone to take kdown's role too
There's no point in that, we've already discovered if kdown was a townie/mafia.

The best course of action would be to just put someone else who didn't play the game to take Kat's place. Imo Faust should, he's followed the game since the beggining.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Yeah but Faust is banned. It's either someone who was out since the start but kinda watched the game a bit (Nuno I'm looking at you) or no one.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
There's no point in that, we've already discovered if kdown was a townie/mafia.

The best course of action would be to just put someone else who didn't play the game to take Kat's place. Imo Faust should, he's followed the game since the beggining.
I still think that's a bad idea. You sign up and start from the same point everyone else does. Faust wasn't involved in the first day and because of that, he could neither get a foothold or a place in the game, nor has he had to absolve himself of any missteps.

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

Yeah but Faust is banned. It's either someone who was out since the start but kinda watched the game a bit (Nuno I'm looking at you) or no one.
No, Nuno knows some of the mafia.
 

Darjaille

Custom Title
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
5,405
Reaction score
3,207
Gender
Hidden
Country
Slovakia
Yeah but Faust is banned. It's either someone who was out since the start but kinda watched the game a bit (Nuno I'm looking at you) or no one.
Nuno is not viable.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
...

If I was playing I'd...

lol
What? It's a common occurrence, even with people eliminated. I'd be surprised if you didn't know them. I usually take a stab at it when I'm killed.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
... I'm gonna shut up.
 

Kat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 16, 2013
Messages
3,777
Reaction score
2,207
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Slovakia
Okay Okay ... It's fine I simply won't play the next game. It was just a suggestion. I'm able to play until tomorrow 6am. So I will give you a vote tomorrow cause I hope night will be ended. You will get later why I wanted that. So leave it like it was before this. :^_^
 

kdowns

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 4, 2009
Messages
2,887
Reaction score
1,822
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
Whewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Yay for puking my guts out and not really being able to do anything xD
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,240
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
I'm willing to take over Kat's role! :nod

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

Oh yeah I'm banned!
Hostkill is a better decision then.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Whoa, I didn't really see that one coming. XD Overall, I think I agree with the general consensus that Hardy should not take the role. If Kat can't play the game, it's a shame. But it's not someone else's job to cover her ass. She doesn't deserve special treatment. It's either she finds the time to play the game she committed to play or gets hostkilled like KD.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
So I want to ask all of you if it's okay that Hardy takes over Kat's role? She has to leave for a trip and won't return from friday to monday so this is the only possible choice left besides hostkilling her. I'm not a big fan of the method but it's a possible option and I want to hear your thoughts. If that is okay with all of you, he will inherit her ava and her role and start playing in her stead (he will play until the game ends, no matter if it's still ongoing when she returns).

I will only agree to it if none of you have a problem with that but keep in mind that I will have to hostkill her otherwise. I'm fine with whatever you lot decide, it's up to you if you prefer her getting hostkilled or if Hardy takes over.

Please write your answer here or send me a PM.
Let me play :heh

:XD

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

I voted in the poll for luls. I have nothing against Faust in terms of hosting, if he thinks he has what it takes. That being said I probably won't even play so it's kind of douchebag of me to vote. But I agree with Evil that we have the host coverage we need now. However both DD and niichan might want to play, so yeah.
 

wizzard

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2011
Messages
1,455
Reaction score
1,203
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
I don't mind playing 2 roles in the same time xD
 

Kat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 16, 2013
Messages
3,777
Reaction score
2,207
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Slovakia
Hey I already told you its fine just let it be... there is no need to discuss about it anymore.. Im gonna play maybe I will find wifi in Paris (dont really want to spend my time on the internet there but wtv)
 

Nast.J

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
401
Reaction score
183
Gender
Hidden
Country
Japan
Hey I already told you its fine just let it be... there is no need to discuss about it anymore.. Im gonna play maybe I will find wifi in Paris (dont really want to spend my time on the internet there but wtv)
:yay , you should just spend the night to play mafia when you have nothing else to do and enjoy Paris during the day!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Kat

Kat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 16, 2013
Messages
3,777
Reaction score
2,207
Age
29
Gender
Female
Country
Slovakia
:yay , you should just spend the night to play mafia when you have nothing else to do and enjoy Paris during the day!
I will see what I will be able to do with that mafia game :) but Thank youuu ~
 

wizzard

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2011
Messages
1,455
Reaction score
1,203
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
When did niichan said he's coming back? turns out I'll be going to Bukuresht this Saturday ^^ wanna figure out do I need to bring a laptop or can I get through without it :)
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Hostkilling for inactivity is a pretty retarded practice and something that should only be done if there's really no other option. After all you're not only punishing the person you kill, but their entire team as well (it's not like it's their fault), and it influences and at times even decides the game. It's not like it's difficult to avoid either, just plan ahead a bit and don't have everyone who signs up start, keep two or three people back as subs and then hostsub instead of hostkill.

Someone said something about subbing not working because it's a different person or something iirc (only skimmed the last couple pages), but that's not really true. While there is some change, the interactions of the first player are still there, they don't just disappear when they sub out. It's not an optimal situation of course, but a hell of a lot better than deciding the game right there.

As for dead players subbing, it can work if they died early and didn't have interactions with anyone outside the game thread. Wouldn't recommended it over dedicated subs though.

Oh and @some other comment I vaguely remember, just because you didn't do it until now doesn't mean you have to continue not doing it, given that it improves the game as a whole.
 
Last edited:

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Is this the scene where the hero makes his appearance?


HEE HAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :derp

I haven't read anything at all apart from some posts here and there, but if it's extremely need for someone to take Kat's role i wouldn't mind doing so.
I think i will have some time during this weekend, even though i am finally going home after a couple of months without doing so. Don't expect much though, since i will prolly end having to read almost everything i can, and i have other stuff to do as well. But it's definitely better than hostkilling. So in case Niichan finds this viable, he should pm me and tell me so, cuz i might forget to check this place.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top