- Joined
- May 19, 2006
- Messages
- 37
- Reaction score
- 0
Re: The Malay Language
By the way most of the words above are the same in Indonesian I guess. For Tagalog you need to ask it at the Filipino/Tagalog language thread.
@Axysses: It should be "Apa nak jadi".
Words of the day, geographical terms
Teluk=Gulf
Tanjung=Cape
Semenanjung=Peninsula
Pulau=Island
Kepulauan=Archipelago
Bukit=Hill
Gunung=Mountain
Tasik=Lake
Country names:
Amerika=America
Amerika Syarikat=United States of America
Kanada=Canada
Belanda=Holland
Jerman=Germany
Filipina=Phillippines
Jepun=Japan (Jepang in Indonesian).
Eh, where do you watch the movie?Brede said:i like that song too...its soo touching. i first heard the tagalog version from a filipino movie (i can't remember the name of the movie) about a mother working as a house helper overseas in order to support the family and her relationship with her daughter when she returned to Manila. The movie is really touching. Any idea what the name of the movie is? I would love to get a copy of it.
for me, when i travel...the most important words are names of food. so:
bread = roti
chicken = ayam
curry = kari
fish = ikan
fried = goreng
noodles = mee
what's the equivalent in indon and tagalog?
(i'm so glad tauhu/tahu/taho is so similar. its 1 of my fav food)
By the way most of the words above are the same in Indonesian I guess. For Tagalog you need to ask it at the Filipino/Tagalog language thread.
boyshaq said:this thread is expanding since the last time i dropped by. hello malay speaking people.
spamming = bored![]()
Yeah, Hello to both of you.Axysses said:hello malay speaking people as wellI don't really know malay, but I should say I know more malay words than Indonasean, considering My Mother/grandmother/grandfather/auntie can speak Indonasean, my auntie/uncle/cousins can speak Malay and I can speak malay/indonasean/chinese and english.
What the f*** am I crapping about, dammit. Apa la jadi...
Crapping=feeling bored must be =D
@Axysses: It should be "Apa nak jadi".

Words of the day, geographical terms
Teluk=Gulf
Tanjung=Cape
Semenanjung=Peninsula
Pulau=Island
Kepulauan=Archipelago
Bukit=Hill
Gunung=Mountain
Tasik=Lake
Country names:
Amerika=America
Amerika Syarikat=United States of America
Kanada=Canada
Belanda=Holland
Jerman=Germany
Filipina=Phillippines
Jepun=Japan (Jepang in Indonesian).

)
I don't really know malay, but I should say I know more malay words than Indonasean, considering My Mother/grandmother/grandfather/auntie can speak Indonasean, my auntie/uncle/cousins can speak Malay and I can speak malay/indonasean/chinese and english.

