Marvel Comics Discussion Thread!

genkigemini

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2007
Messages
242
Reaction score
7
Age
46
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Okay, I know I am a hopeless romantic but is anyone else reading the Green Arrow/Black Canary wedding stuff? I have been a big fan of both characters for a long time but I have yet to meet anyone else actually reading this storyline.

Also, comic writers hate marred couples so lets hope they don't kill one of them off in the next couple of years now that they are finally getting married.
 

wrstljr

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
198
Reaction score
28
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Yeah I've actually been secretly enjoying that for a while now...guilty pleasure I guess....I'm very confused and pissed about what happened in the last issue though
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

I'm reading the whole GA/BC Wedding. The wedding special is not bad, but i wish they got a better artist & writer to work on it. :D and the last page is totally a shocker.
 

wrstljr

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
198
Reaction score
28
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Yeah really what an ending...who would've thought that Green Arrow would turn out to be a Skrull
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

WAIT. WHAT? XD

I'm confused as hell now. XD How's that possible? o.O
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Yeah really what an ending...who would've thought that Green Arrow would turn out to be a Skrull
:rofl :rofl I thought he got hexed by Scarlet Witch. OMG! M-Day spreads to other company's universe too. :XD
Wait, i got a question.
DC superbabes threw a bachelorette party for Dinah, with male exotic dancers and weird drinks. :XD Now, my question is, some of the heroes was not wearing a mask (i.e.: Babs Gordon). Wouldn't it compromise their identity, especiall Oracle, who was supposed to be all secret and hush-hush?
And then, there are those who got invited by relation, like Lois Lane. Ok, we can say that Ms. Lane (or is it, Mrs. Lane/Mrs. Lane-Kent?) got an exclusive to write about Black Canary's bachelorette party, but she's a (DC Universe) Pulitzer Winner. What's a top journalist like her covering the party? And why didn't i see Linda West-Park, worlds leading scientist on Velocitology or whatever it was she studies in the future?
Maybe Zattana cast a spell on the waiters and exotic dancers "Ouy lliw ees su sa raluger elpoep dna ton seoreherus!"
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

You know what's gonna suck? If The Skrull attack, and the Illuminati stuff all happened from Wanda's M-Day.. they'll essentially turn her into God.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

They (Marvel) promised that they wouldn't use Skrull Invasion as scapegoat to what they did in House of M and Civil War. And I'm hoping it stays that way, otherwise, I'll jsut be pissed. XD

As far as I heard, Wanda might do an appearance in Young Avengers (whenever the heck they're gonna come back)...But I just hpe it has nothing to do with Skrulls. >< Wanda's crazy powers, I mean...

And I'm enjoying Umbrella Academy so far. :p I like the writing style. Kinda different from what I read in Marvel, plus...JJ covers! XD
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

I really hope for more Runaways crossovers during the Skrull war, maybe with New X-men this time. I'm looking forward to Thor, Hulk, Xavin and Hulkings roles in the war (maybe even Namor if he doesn't sit this out).
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Hell there's DEFINITELY gonna be a crossover with Runaways! :D

I mean, just how much does Xavin know? And Skrull Invasion probably means the return of Young Avengers. I hope.

I'm tried of waiting for it :/
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Ahhh, well it seems that Marvel has a penchant for wars now and days. I don't understand, when was it more enjoyable to read about super heroes being soliders. Why can't the super heroes just be super heroes and.... save people?

Ok I Know thats ridiculous, then there would be nothing to write about. But seriously, Civil, Hulk and now Skrull?

Anyways here's an awesome web comic thats quite literally an epic http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0001.html

I dunno, it is made by an American, but if its the wrong place.... my bad =P Just read it anyways. Though I should warn you that there is a lot of inside D&D jokes.
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Order of the stick is close to 500 strips like that.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

WTF just happened on Initiative? o.O

So was it Slapstick? That guy never hurts anybody bad?! WTF. o.o I think I liked the old art better as well. This issue felt filler, which was...meh. I prefer a continous story for Initiative, I think.

And Gauntlet deserved that beating, anyhow >.>
 

wrstljr

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
198
Reaction score
28
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

What a week...bunch of good ones came out
Slapstick being deranged just adds to the scariness of Clowns...but I like how it worked in the story...what are his powers anyways?

Namor...thank god he gave back to Venom violently...but he has a son wtf? And the fight was too short as well

C&D...it was really good to see deadpool be serious for once...who would've thought that Captain America has that affect on him...kind of a nice side of Wade...Bob agent of Hydra continues to rock also
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

^Indeed. That thing in Sub-Mariner just messed my head up. Maaaaaaaan. I mean.

Who the hell is the mother? XD I'd be damned lolling if it turned out to be Sue Storm. But that's highly impossible. Even if I think Namor loves Sue more than Reed does >.> Anywho.

Slapstick was the only clown I wasn't afraid of, and it turns out like this. I'm not happy at all. XD I liked the guy XD And now he's just...creepy. XD

His power is...well. Mostly comical. He's got the power of a cartoon character. He could stretch himself, and stuff like that. And even pull a hammer out of nowhere. There's a term for that...can't remember.


I also want to say that I never fail to enjoy X Men: First Class. Seriously. I really do like it better when I didn't get depressed over what's happeneing with the X Men. XD

 
Last edited:

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Dizzyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! Awesome!! Bucky looks really nice :D

Have anyone read goddamn All Star Batman & Robin #7? What is up with that goddamn series? Too many goddamn weird scenes and the goddamn Batman is being too goddamn annoying, especially with him watching that goddamn Grayson kid torturing that goddamn thug. :D The art is still good, though, but Frank Miller better make up his mind about where he's going with Batman. That banter with him and those thugs that he beats up is so OOC (out of character). :D

[dz]NOW I'm really interested. What is up with the 'goddamn' Batman? XD[/dz]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Who the hell is the mother? XD I'd be damned lolling if it turned out to be Sue Storm. But that's highly impossible. Even if I think Namor loves Sue more than Reed does >.> Anywho.
I wish we were best friends so we could just nerd it up once a week and read comics together while wearing our thick glasses and eating fattening carb-loaded food. That is a statement I could not agree more on.

[dz]LOL! 'Nuff said! XDDDDD[/dz]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

>,,> random character contest.

Who would win in a fight, Bucky or Jason Todd. I mean right now they're are pretty much identical characters in respective universes.

Bucky aka Winter Solider
is Captain America's side kick who after WWII was discovered by the Soviet Union and used as their practical joke against the United States.

Jason Todd aka Red Hood is Batmans second prodigy.
He was the rebellious one, always too violent and headstrong. He gets killed by the Joker with a steel pipe. He is impersonated plenty of times to get into Batman's head but the last incarnation is actually a parallel universe Jason. It seems that Superman coming back from the dead created a distortion in the universe and people who didn't belong were crossing over. In an alternate universe Jason doesn't die by the steel bat and continues being Robin. But he switches places with his Earth-1 body and becomes trapped in a coffin. Nonetheless he goes crazy digging himself out of a grave. He then later finds out that Batman in this world hadn't avenged his death. Then he takes up the mantle as Red Hood to kill the crime out of Gotham city blah blah blah he becomes a good guy for no apparant reason after Infinity Crisis (thats what happens when you let other writers take control of your character.) Fun fact, Red Hood was the villian identity of Joker before his accident.

Bucky's arsenal: Mechanical arm and some guns.
Jason's arsenal: Some guns. After Infinity Crisis he becomes just another fist fighter (like we need more DC...)

Bucky trained by: Captain America, some soviets and Nick Fury
Jason trained by: the streets of Gotham and Batman

Bucky's current adventure
tracking down the Red Skull and it looks like he's about to be brainwashed into killing Iron Man
Jason's current adventure
exploring the multiverse with a Moniter named Bob, the new Atom, some Wonder Woman side kick and Green Lantern Kyle Raydner. In search for the old Atom (boring...)

Personally I'm a fan of Jason's first and Bucky second. For one, Jason actually beat the Batman. Something I doubt Bucky could do against Captain America. Also Jason made it on his own on his war against crime. When ever he busted drug dealers he would use their profit to bust more drug dealers, gangsters and other corrupted individuals. Bucky on the other hand always fought personal wars, never did anything to help the little people.

Now anyone else read enough of both companies to jump in?
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

DC characters will always beat out Marvel characters because they have incredibly illogical physics involved. Batman's hand does not shatter when he beats up Superman, when in reality, it should just completely shatter.. Marvel characters have illogical physics as well, but to a less exaggerated degree.

I used to like Winter soldier more during civil war and before, now he's a bit too mission-driven and focused. I always like Dick over Jason and I always felt Jason was a bit of a blergh as a leader (especially since he outshined the recently deceased Bart who had an entire library, clones and super-speed on his side but for some reason was not good enough to be leader =/)

I'll give it to Jason, even though I think I prefer Bucky as a character, Jason would win because honestly all the soldier training in the world doesn't compare to a utility belt =/ If aliens and psychopaths can't defeat THA UTILITEH BELLLLLLLT, I hardly doubt a dude with an android arm could do much better. We recently saw a soldier with a metal arm also get his ass kicked, by a clown no less; ergo I would surmise Jason with all his DC godlyness could take down this soldier as well.


X-men
Cannonball.. my two fav characters got beat by those asshats this issue =/ It's a really sad thing they've done to my favorite team of X-men.. it's like the Buddhist monks that paint masterpieces in the sand and then erase them.. Sigh, I hope the Messiah Complex goes better than this is going.
 
Last edited:
Top