Hangout - MH Manhwa Hangout | Page 10 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout MH Manhwa Hangout

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
@Jammin I'm curious to know what you have been reading webtoon and Manhwa wise recently. Are there any series on Line you're reading? I may have a few suggestions.
Haven't had time to read much new stuff, honestly. Find any good ones?

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Happy New Year Everyone :confetti

Have a great Year ahead

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Haven't had time to read much new stuff, honestly. Find any good ones?
I've recently caught up with God of Highschool, which is one of those over the top shounen type series but it still manages to be god damn awesome. Amazing visuals, likeable characters etc.

Un0rdinary is a story a little like MHA in a world where almost everyone has special powers, but the MC doesn't, and deals with bullying etc at school. Thing is, does he really have no powers at all?...

The last one is Lookism, about a short, overweight korean highschooler who suddenly wakes up with two bodies. The other body is tall, muscular, beautiful and perfect in every way.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm familiar with GoH and Lookism. Curious about Unordinary though, I'll check it out.

strixflash

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
The only manga/manhwa I was reading from last few years has ended.

Noblesse.

An ending so bad that I wish to visit Korea to strangle author.

What a way to kill an amazing series at the end. Bleach now feel like a masterpiece.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Noblesse.

What a way to kill an amazing series at the end. Bleach now feel like a masterpiece.
Best to keep the details of that chapter to its thread, but I read it too and I have to agree. That was an appalling cut off ending.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

Noblesse.

Read Tower of God Strix. I know you tried once and weren't into it but it's gotten so good. Besides wouldn't it be a nice change to see an author get better at storytelling not worse?

Reading good series is the only way to lessen the disappointment of a bad ending. In my experience.

Last edited:

strixflash

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Read Tower of God Strix. I know you tried once and weren't into it but it's gotten so good. Besides wouldn't it be a nice change to see an author get better at storytelling not worse?

Reading good series is the only way to lessen the disappointment of a bad ending. In my experience.
Thanks for the advice :) Has ToG improved? I mean with Baam. He was my only source of disappointment.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for the advice :) Has ToG improved? I mean with Baam. He was my only source of disappointment.
Yes. Baam is now awesome

You quit around the Workshop Battle Arc or beginning of the Hell Train right? The Hell Train is the arc that turns him around. It doesn't avoid his problems and faces them directly. It's transformative for him and the people around him. Now it's at a whole other level compared to where it was then.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Tower of God quickly replaced Tokyo Ghoul as my go-to series these days but I've also been reading it for years and years. It's always reaching new levels of quality in my opinion. Season 2 is soon expected to end, so now's a good chance to use the hiatus to catch up before Season 3.

Eracuel

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
There is some bad news, affecting the most popular Korean Webtoons guys. With the great popularity of the new series such as Solo Leveling and Returner's Magic... the korean publisher (Kakaopage) used legal threats, and forced MerakiScans to stop translating and hosting most of their projects.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Noooo not Solo Leveling :emocat

That's tragic. I was really getting into it too. We could perhaps ask LINE Webtoon to add it to their rosters. They do it legally after all.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
That sucks... unless this is a prelude to some kind of official english translation push in which case I'd welcome it.

Hopefully, they are working towards something like that. Or even a partenership with LINE. Shutting down english Edited Manga only really makes sense when there is an officially published alternative. If there isn't it's kind of just a waste of everybody's time.

Lady pompom

Hell Kaiser Ryo
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
@Jammin @Asako there is a horror/drama webtoon I am reading that is ver interesting, it’s called ghost teller. The manhwa has some ghosts telling the story on how they died in a couple of chapters, the 1st season is complete.

Otherwise, @Asako might like the Club of the cursed princesses. The name might sound horrible, but it’s a fun romantic comedy (with some drama)<_>

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
@Jammin @Asako there is a horror/drama webtoon I am reading that is ver interesting, it’s called ghost teller. The manhwa has some ghosts telling the story on how they died in a couple of chapters, the 1st season is complete.
This sounds so much like an @Elusia series to me.

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia

Otherwise, @Asako might like the Club of the cursed princesses. The name might sound horrible, but it’s a fun romantic comedy (with some drama)<_>
Will read it tho after I finish reading appetite, it's kinda interesting tho it's a webtoon about a monsters that eat humans to survive, well I say this but its not really graphic at all

Edit:well I'm dropping that manhwa that I was reading didn't like it much, so I guess I check what you recommend pompom

Last edited: