Hangout MH Seinen Hangout

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Really? well there seems to be no skip at mangatraders. The latest chapter released was chapter 57 last may 7.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,228
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Really? well there seems to be no skip at mangatraders. The latest chapter released was chapter 57 last may 7.
There isn't now. I remember when I first started reading it the Edited Mangas stalled and then out of the blue a group scanlated some chapters in the 40 range....sort of perplexed me. It seems to be caught up now fortunately.
 

kameos

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 19, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Vietnam
i like Gantz :D
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
you should visit the Gantz Sub-forum where there are a lot of other discussions specific to gantz. ^^
 

pandaemonium

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 12, 2009
Messages
10
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'd highly recommend The World is Mine by Arai Hideki. It's a rather dreary, bleak look at the world as a disaster and serial killer strike Japan.

To quote a review:
"The satirical author levels a violent and exhilarating accusation against the contemporary hypocrisy and stupidity with a malevolent jubilation."

Even so, it's definitely not for everyone, and it starts out slow, so give it a couple volumes before passing judgment.
 

<3Matsumoto<3

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2007
Messages
94
Reaction score
90
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Kiss x Sis

Any one know how frequent the chapter comes?
 

Sevenheadedmirror

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
544
Reaction score
156
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
where can I find the recent chapters of Deadman Wonderland (NOT onemanga it hasn't released any for a while)

Also: to all those blood love/lust sons of bitches read Battle Royal(e) 100% percent extra cool violence that guarantees to keep you interested at all times.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
btw: Deadman Wonderland is shonen (Monthly Shonen Ace)
 

Sevenheadedmirror

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
544
Reaction score
156
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
btw: Deadman Wonderland is shonen (Monthly Shonen Ace)
They place it under seinen in all the places I have found... I guess it's simply for the blood but I think you are right. The place that recommends it says so itself.... anyway listen to my Battle royale recommendation 0% chance anyone can regret it

check manga updates, they have the list of all the chapters out and the groups that did them.
Thanks
 
Last edited:

L0ki

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
336
Reaction score
101
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
Read Mail volume 1 yesterday. Looks pretty interesting, maybe a bit repetitive.
 

heartangel

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2009
Messages
67
Reaction score
5
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Kiss x Sis

no idea..most seinen manga release date r quite irregular
 

L0ki

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
336
Reaction score
101
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
Re: Kiss x Sis

So I found out that Mail is actually a shounen. I was probably misled by some kinda crude scenes. I doubt it would be considered shounen nowadays, with sounen being all about emo ninjas and gay pirates these times.

no idea..most seinen manga release date r quite irregular
Wrong thread I believe.
 

GGpX

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2005
Messages
985
Reaction score
580
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Kiss x Sis

no idea..most seinen manga release date r quite irregular
Because there's a lot less seinen being scanlated compared to Shounen. Seinen is much more difficult to translate and is usually a lot less interesting to people, especially the ones with a small attention span.
 

ballertory

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 30, 2008
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ok so if you go here http://mangahelpers.com/m/teppu

Its all there and translated but just needs somebody to to but the translation on the manga. Sorry its just that I really like this manga and want to know what hepppends
 

shaheer

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
4,190
Reaction score
2,208
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
hey what do u gus think of the Vinland saga,i didnt ask it in the vinland thread cuz i wanted a unbiased view about it
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
hey what do u gus think of the Vinland saga,i didnt ask it in the vinland thread cuz i wanted a unbiased view about it
oh I like it. hehe yeah, naturally if you'd go to the Vinland thread you'd probably get biased answers.

But I started on Vinland because someone at FF (was it Fanty?) suggested it to me. It's the first I've read of any Norse stuff, so I have no points of comparison specifically on that. But overall, like art and story, I like it. It's awesome. Nothing like it that I've read so far. War strategy stories with Kings and Princes are all every interesting and everything, and it's something you don't see these days.

Plus, Vikings. You gotta love 'em.
 

shaheer

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
4,190
Reaction score
2,208
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
thanks guys/gals i ll prob start it after i finish the one that i am reading currently
 

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
12,457
Reaction score
6,167
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Started to read Aiki just recently. Just hit the 40-barrier and I really like how the manga is developing. It's hilarious while having martial arts fights that aren't zomgoneshotlolBOOM, but rather intelligent fights and even tho they cross the barrier from realistic to unrealistic, it's highly amusing.

Recommending it to everyone who likes a Seinen with a mix between comedy, martial art (and some ecchi-ness.)
 

aurickandrien

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 27, 2009
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Hey all,

I guess this is the thread that I should be in since my Manga collection currently consists of Genshiken, Planetes and Mushishi... which I only found out afterwards were all seinen manga. I also have the Nausicaa manga, which I guess counts as seinen... though being ghibli is probably in it's on category.

Genshiken - Nice slife of life about an age demographic that I can more easily relate to. I also like the insight into Japanese otaku culture.

Mushishi - Some good folklorish stories and given it's episodic nature a nice variety which leads to some real favourites... though it does also make it something of a mixed bag.

Planetes - I haven't really got into the Planetes manga yet (mine are all in Japanese and the vocabs a bit more difficult than my other manga I think) but I really dig the concept and I like the fact that it mixes in a good dose of slice of life into its SF.

Nausicaa - Epic.

I guess I'm more into slice of life stories, though I do enjoy the mixing in of original SF/Fantasy. I wouldn't say that I'm all that into psychological/horror or action sorts of manga.
 
Top