Hangout MH Seinen Hangout

bebekhappy

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
226
Reaction score
5
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Your favorite seinen (and why)

27 chapters-ongoing

That's the continuation of "Dogs" btw. Too bad it comes out monthly - long waits with chapters that r a bit too short:( . But anyways, I love the characters and the art is amazing. Story's a bit hard to follow though, had to read it quite a few times before I understood some parts of it.
wait...it still continue???i've got to check it out thx for the info
-----------------------------------------------------------
yep....turns out the one i read was the prequel of the series.on the last page written to be continued, then the credit said it was never.anyway thanks again, i'm downloading it and can't wait to read it :p
 
Last edited:

shego

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2007
Messages
137
Reaction score
2
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
Puerto Rico
Re: Your favorite seinen (and why)

By far my favorite is Ubel Blatt, and it seems I'm the only one that thinks so.
Well yeah it's not like there are many people who dig godawful shota smut.
 

KrimsonTwilight

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 11, 2008
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Your favorite seinen (and why)

I honestly like Basilisk best of the seinen I've read. I enjoy Helling, gantz and so forth but Basilisk is what shaped my ideas about what a manga could do.
 

warbandit66

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2007
Messages
2,768
Reaction score
886
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Your favorite seinen (and why)

My favourite Seinen has to be Gantz, in fact it's probably my favourite manga full stop. The reason it's my favourite is because the characters are real and the artwork is some of the best I've seen in manga.
 

admirenkiwi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2006
Messages
463
Reaction score
5
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Your favorite seinen (and why)

island is good :darn
 

Kyuzo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2006
Messages
140
Reaction score
4
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Suggest a good seinen?

You can't go wrong with any of Hideki Arai's mangas (The World is Mine, Kiichi!!). Anything by Naoki Urasawa is pretty much solid too (Monster, 20th Century Boys, Pluto).
 

TheGenius

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2007
Messages
1,457
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Suggest a good seinen?

I'm looking for somethig in the genre of Homunculus , mature themes, psychological and such.

I've read all of Urasawa's work, I also read something concerning a guy that killed his entire family and was sent to prison, I forgot the title. I like these psycho seinen.
 

Kyuzo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2006
Messages
140
Reaction score
4
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Suggest a good seinen?

I'm looking for somethig in the genre of Homunculus , mature themes, psychological and such.
I highly recommend The World is Mine then. You can find direct downloads at Kefi's website (www.kefi.org).
 
Last edited:

RobinBobin

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Ras al-Khaimah
Re: Suggest a good seinen?

Shamo isnt bad also.

Edit:
I've read all of Urasawa's work, I also read something concerning a guy that killed his entire family and was sent to prison, I forgot the title. I like these psycho seinen.

Looks like you already read it)
 
Last edited:

TheGenius

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2007
Messages
1,457
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Suggest a good seinen?

Thanks you Kyuzo, I'll DL it from mangatraders. I'll tell you afterwards.
 

orange_juice

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
31
Reaction score
8
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Your favorite seinen (and why)

Blade of the Immortal and Yotsubato! are prolly my top favorites, but I like a lot of seinen. Oh, Ichi the Killer was awesome too.
 

wrstljr

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
198
Reaction score
28
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Your favorite seinen (and why)

Basilisk is nice because it's short and to the point.

There's no bsing about wrong or right its just the events told in the way they happened at a high pace with great art. I enjoyed it a great deal.

Ichi the Killer was awesome...I almost hate thinking it was awesome because of how disturbing it is. The sickest thing i've ever read by far.

I just started Akira, Gantz and Beserk recently so I have catching up to do...Battle Royale sounds good too.
 

Ramen4ever

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 7, 2008
Messages
123
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Your favorite seinen (and why)

Berserk. For me, nothing has ever come close in sheer epic-ness. If no one spoils Berserk for you, it can be mind shattering. I started off with the anime, which wasn't anything special but after that ending. I was practically ripping my hair out. So I moved on to the Manga which was difficult to get into because some of the content can be really disturbing. Still I will always see Berserk as the ultimate story. Not to mention Berserk has phenomenal character development, quite possibly the best from an action manga. Some Drama's may compete but I can't name any. Oh and Miura has insane art skill. The amount of detail he puts in his work is overwhelming. It's very interesting to see how his art develops from volume 1 to now.

The main reason I love Berserk is because it's a tragedy with themes like betrayal and revenge. It's like the Count of Monte Cristo but even more Epic.

Edit: I just read the previous pages.. I'm surprised that so many people like Berserk based on the blood, gore and sex. The sex only occurs about 5 times and the blood/gore are only secondary to the story and characters. I'm a bit disappointed in some of peoples reasonings.
P.s my second favorite is Vagabond, however since it's based on a pre-written story. Just with Inoui's take on the events, It will never be my no.1.
 
Last edited:

Kuuki

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2007
Messages
277
Reaction score
18
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Re: Your favorite seinen (and why)

Nobody likes Uzumaki? By far, it's the best horror manga i've read (actually i don't read many horror manga haha) Great concept too, very original :)
 

sylvira

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2008
Messages
158
Reaction score
10
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Your favorite seinen (and why)

I adore DOGS because it's a manga with an incredible art style, intruiging plot, and lovely characters. The way the mangaka works with heavy black-white shading makes everything a little bit sharper, and a little bit darker.
 

Ulysses83

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 22, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
Russian Federation
Re: Your favorite seinen (and why)

Oh my, i have so much. ^^

- Battle Angel Alita - Great art, great storytelling, many philosophical and natural science references and well done characters. Very deep.
- Last Order - The Sequel of BAA with better art (imo) and the same strong points.
- Vagabond - Great art too and the story is very very interesting, i love history. ^^
- Berserk - the biggest sword in manga history ^^
- AKIRA - an absolute classic
- Blame - something very unique and innovative, imo
- Vinland Saga (seinen?) - Vikings ^^
- 20/21th Century Boys - Urasawa is really an suspense master
- Monster - the same
- Pluto - and the same + futuristic szenario+ hommage at tezuka
- Blade of the Immortal - strange mangaka, strange story but great art ^^
- PlanetES - near present space flights = yay!
- Homunculus - reeeeeeally twisted
- Eden - has an very strong beginning but a weak end, imo
- Fist of the North Star - an classic, too
- Ravishes of Time - my one and only manga (manhua) from china ^^

Battle Royal, Gantz, Priest are honorable mentions too, but they have not enough storywork, at least for me. ^^
 

No_Comxxx

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2008
Messages
226
Reaction score
2
Gender
Hidden
Country
Indonesia
Re: Your favorite seinen (and why)

20th century boys is the BEST!!!
 

Densebrains

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 21, 2006
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Your favorite seinen (and why)

Hmm... my favourite Seinen?

Ikkitousen - Battles with students from other schools? Something related to "The Three Kingdoms". Umm... nice drawings... <3 <3 <3

Love Hina - Main character is a guy who is not good at everything but as he progresses through the series he grows and becomes more and more dependable. The girls in this series have individual characters, each being unique. It is also vey funny when Keitaro is beaten up for the wrong reasons...

Sekirei - Action in Manga is always good, especially ones that have heroines. The heroines are very seductive too.

Vampire Knight - It is slightly... umm... disturbing but reading it is so interesting. It is always a mystery...

xxxHolic - Every wish has a price to go with it... it is just draws me in and I just want to keep reading it to see what will happen.
 
Last edited:

warbandit66

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2007
Messages
2,768
Reaction score
886
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Your favorite seinen (and why)

I've recently begun reading a manga called Until Death Do Us Part and I have to say It's gearing up to be a favourite, I'd definately reccomend it.

Have a look for yourselves.

http://www.onemanga.com/Until_Death_Do_Us_Part/
 

TheGenius

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2007
Messages
1,457
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Top