Feedback New(ish) Layout, let us know what you think

Status
Not open for further replies.

berol

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2006
Messages
51
Reaction score
0
It really nice.. Great Job! :D
 

gigantor21

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2006
Messages
1,716
Reaction score
55
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This layout is awesome, plain and simple.
 

Matonly1T

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2005
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I prefer the way it used to be, seemed more sophisticated to me. Maybe make the +/- alittle smaller they seem to pop out alittle to much to the right. Oh whatever its not like this will stop me from coming here anymore lol.
 

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
5,423
Reaction score
1,786
Age
119
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
I kind of prefer this new layout as it makes everything neater.
You click on Bleach and you get to bleach section...bingo!
Previously, I have to scroll down the whole list to get what I want. :amuse

I think for some members, the +/- forums does not apply to them, so they'll just zoom in on the Pictures. But the wordings for the pictures don't really seem to stand out. Maybe the pics are too distracting at the background, esp around the words area, Or either that the pics icons have to be larger?
(Or either I need to change my specs! ) :p

The Looking for Manga? seems 'tricky'. It is a good idea since can find a manga easily. But there are so many manga threads here, and it seems that there are be some mangas missing from this list, and we'll end up scrolling through e.g. Seinen Manga to look for the one we want. The updating part i guess, can be tedious in the future if the threads grow?!

Anyway, that's my cents worth for now.
:amuse
 

Dracul

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
88
Reaction score
4
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
i love the new layout. everything is fantastic. this has already been posted, but its one of the few things i dont like: naruto needs to be post-time-skip naruto. thats it :-D otherwise, things look great!
 

mugen

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 20, 2006
Messages
2,860
Reaction score
172
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mexico
Mugen thinks it's great psyche...
it's sexy
btw what happened to the Death Note dark? :(
i know that's an old question but still........
 

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I agree with Mugen - the new layout is sexy. I am also one of those who needs to get used to the size. At least I don't have to scroll a long way down just to click the 666 Satan link :tem

btw what happened to the Death Note dark? :(
i know that's an old question but still........
It was replaced by the Dark Theme.
 

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
4,262
Reaction score
2,130
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
ddadain said:
I'm a sad, sardonic ***** Oh well, XD

Anwhoo, might as well give feedback.

1.) The top links (above the news) are all obscured. *From a typesetter's point of view, a complete explosion of words being jumbled up by my browser or just because it's too squished. [Might not be the case for people who has widescreen, double window sized computer screens. I have the normal 1024 x 768 resolution.]
can you show me a pic of how it looks? :D (dealing with major probs first, then we'll go from there :p
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
ddadain said:
2.) New buttons are nice, although the +/- to show the rest of the forums might not be such a good idea since some people might not know what +/- sign means. In fact, I never really pushed the forum link before (when I was a newbie). Besides, some people may have their browser disable javascripts (dunno, I had to fix mine). It makes the forum looks barer than it is, though, of course I would prefer spick and span rather than "exploding unimpression", but I'm just presenting different views.
I do agree with that, and it's something I'm sure we'll work on over time. This is just a start. We'll probably be tinkering around with it when we get more free time.

3.) The "Looking for manga?" scrolling down option is GREAT. But, some of the mangas there are DROPPED by their Manga Editors. It would be nice if you have one by POPULARITY and another just plain ALPHANUMERICAL, if you get my drift.
Maybe sometimes we'll do that, but I tried to include all the reasonably popular manga discussion threads at least to go along with the sections, which would provide information about the manga, and give people a start to talk about it and see what's going on. It's difficult enough for people to find a specific manga discussion thread just browsing the forums from square one, so at least this menu should help a little more. Perhaps get more interest in further Edited Mangas and translations for a certain manga too if there is enough attention paid to it...

I'll be updating it as we go from now on.

5.) It would be capaciously incandescent and superfluously great if ALL the other buttons on the menu had picture-image link! XD LOL >_>
I think so too, but that's something we're just going to take our time on because we're not exactly sure how to design the other buttons as of yet.[br]Posted on: February 12, 2007, 01:54:08 AM_________________________________________________
Ayah said:
It was replaced by the Dark Theme.
Ah the Grunge theme? Yeah, when Death Note ended, there wasn't really a reason to keep that theme anymore. Maybe we'll return the Grunge theme for another manga or something (possibly a Seinen-related banner.)
 

Musashi Gen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2006
Messages
507
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
hmmm...a big improvement indeed from the counterpart! I used to have problems in clicking the right thread I want to visit. The hyperlinked text were so hassle that I had to go to the forums for me to be sure! Hooray! This is awesome!

*wonders* Why MH came up with this lay-out late, instead at the start of the New Year? A new lay-out would mean a new start...heheheh

Plus, being able to dig in with the other manga being featured in MD is a big helps, especially when looking for new releases of My Balls! ^^;
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
i like this look! it's pretty clean, but i think an "expand" button should be available, because some of the users might not know you can expand these one etc. but really nice, awesome, and clean, unlike the previous, that one hurt my eye :thumbs
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Musashi Gen said:
*wonders* Why MH came up with this lay-out late, instead at the start of the New Year? A new lay-out would mean a new start...heheheh
That was when we started thinking about a new layout - but the whole process was complicated. But yeah, though that would have been ideal, better late than never, heh.
 

Musashi Gen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2006
Messages
507
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Gold Knight said:
That was when we started thinking about a new layout - but the whole process was complicated. But yeah, though that would have been ideal, better late than never, heh.
A job well done...now, it's quite easy for us to access manga besides the popular ones! heheh Thanks, MH!
 

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
4,262
Reaction score
2,130
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Musashi Gen said:
hmmm...a big improvement indeed from the counterpart! I used to have problems in clicking the right thread I want to visit. The hyperlinked text were so hassle that I had to go to the forums for me to be sure! Hooray! This is awesome!

*wonders* Why MH came up with this lay-out late, instead at the start of the New Year? A new lay-out would mean a new start...heheheh

Plus, being able to dig in with the other manga being featured in MD is a big helps, especially when looking for new releases of My Balls! ^^;
haha well we've been working on the idea for a while... :p but yeah, what GK said, better late than never... *sweat drop*
 

Cupcake

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2006
Messages
90
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
New Zealand
I think it's super hyper awesome, the new icons things are cool!
 

razor

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2005
Messages
322
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
damn excellent.the drop down menu really awesome becuz before this new layout,i always wrong click other links.lol.now i just click naruto and then i click what i need without mistake.yeah.cool. keep going mangahelpers.yeah.
 

Jammer

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2006
Messages
193
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
I voted 'Other' because:
- the old text menu was easier (for me) to get around
- now the pictures are either too small (yet they take some time to load) or the character shots are too close-up-ish - anyway I have to read the text on the right side and it could be more bright hence easier to read
- also there are differencies in style - so you have this expanding text menu with some pictures in-between - and when I click on the picture - wow there comes up text again - a solution would be to either choose pictured-menu or text-menu ;)

but whatever - since most of the feedback is positive I'll just have to get used to it :D
and shame on you :p all the answers in the Poll are "i like this/that/etc." - why there is no "I don't like it answer" :amuse
anyways don't get me wrong - I like the forum very very much and I'm happy that you try constantly to improve it, so thanks for making it reality :smile-big

PS: and btw on the DGM pic - why is Allen's other eye cursed :XD
 

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 30, 2006
Messages
5,662
Reaction score
299
Gender
Hidden
Country
Venezuela
Jammer said:
PS: and btw on the DGM pic - why is Allen's other eye cursed :XD
hahah, yeah... it's from the vol09 cover and mirrored... >.<;;;;;
 

thegreatest08

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
360
Reaction score
7
Age
35
Gender
Hidden
Country
Australia
i love the new buttons, i also love the dropdown list.
I dont really like the 90% Size, but everything else is excellent.
 

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
thumbs up for you guys^^
I really like the new buttons + the awesome drop down menu - sweet!

Like mentioned before in this thread the only thing I have to get used to is the size @__@
But I gues that won't take too long or at least I hope so :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top