Feedback New(ish) Layout, let us know what you think

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilveryShadows

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
I like the buttons.
Cleaner. I can keep all but Naruto closed. lol.
(The General Forums one is hard to notice. I didn't see it until now. o.o'.)

Don't really care about the sizes, or dropdown menu. It's nice, but meh.

Now, if only the online users is hideable too...
 

C4animax

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
1,027
Reaction score
30
Gender
Hidden
Country
France
SilveryShadows said:
Now, if only the online users is hideable too...
That sure would be nice.
 

ddadain

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2006
Messages
636
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
The Quicklinks are fixed now, since there're three links instead of 4 :D

Yeah, everything looks nice >:D

News link on the side bar is redundant since the Front Page features the news, doesn't it? Or are news different from those on the Front Page.

Download and Releases & Image Links DEFINITELY needs their own VERY UBER-MONDO-Incredulously-bone-racking picture-image link since they are one of THE HIGHLIGHTS of mangahelpers, ne?

You can also make "Online Users" into a + thing, to make the site look more aesthetic :D

We need new Top Banners XD





Lol... now that I'm reading my suggestions, I feel I'm being too much of myself XD *_* I'm a stifler for website design....
 

CeZ ®

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
381
Reaction score
2
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
I just love the images at the menu bar, and the drop down list of "Looking for manga?" linkies :D

the only thing that bugged me is the non-fitting-to-my-browser new size :darn

but overall, the site looks better <3
 

ddadain

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2006
Messages
636
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
Wow... Manga Editors gets those 5-star thingies too :D

I'm tempted to take up Editing again >_>
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
it's great!!! i don't know, but it seems to me MH is loading faster now...
 

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone! The tech support guys + njt are still tweaking with the layout (I think) so they might be able to add them. It's up to them which they want to implement.

sharinganLS said:
Personally i would to see the theater and arcade section on that drop down list (for naruto or any other anime)
Do you want it in the same line as the other 5 links per drop down list or something like this:

> Naruto Index
> Discussions <- this was clicked
> Naruto Spoilers
> Naruto Theater
> Naruto Arcade
> Naruto Reviews
> Translations
> Edited Mangas
> Toshokan
 

chvis002

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2006
Messages
305
Reaction score
12
Gender
Hidden
Country
Sweden
@ Ayah: sure, that would be good :D in that case i think should have the +/- button (the one next to general forum) on those too
 

Raseru

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
687
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I think the change was for the better! :kkthumbs
 

siegfried

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2006
Messages
405
Reaction score
3
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
The links on the left arent working at all. I mean the ones that is supposed to take you the manga sections except Shoujo Manga. it redirects me to the page I am in and that is mostly frontpage. it works like I am refreshing the page. :(
 

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Did you notice a drop down menu after clicking a button in the sidebar? You won't be transported automatically to, say, the Naruto section unless you choose whether you want to go to Index, Discussions, Translations, Edited Mangas or Toshokan first after clicking the button.
 

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
4,262
Reaction score
2,130
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
siegfried said:
The links on the left arent working at all. I mean the ones that is supposed to take you the manga sections except Shoujo Manga. it redirects me to the page I am in and that is mostly frontpage. it works like I am refreshing the page. :(
also make sure you have java script enabled :)

as for the users online thing, sure I'll see what can be done^^
 

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
5,153
Reaction score
1,771
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
I have a mix feelings about that new little changes ;p

First of all, I like, really like the images of this titles. Are awesome ^^ I also like, that when you click, it shows sub-menu of this podforum title. It's great i think. The size is better. And that's all what I think for plus on my computer ^^"

Second, I don't like that images at all, if it means for my internet connection. Maybe it's only on my computer, but MH is slower loading .. Yeah, it's probably a bit of seconds, but differts can be feel. And further more, I probably liked more the site with no such images because it looked simplier xD

But I don't complain ;p I only wrote what i thought :D And in the future probably I will feel normal due to beieng with that hyhy ^^
I vote for Other, because i could vote for excellent buttons, new size, dropdown manga list, don;t care. So better fits for other ;p
 

Zaloof

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Messages
511
Reaction score
3
Age
37
Gender
Male
everything looks better, specially the buttons
but i will appreciate to add a direct link to HnI in the "other shonen" section
after all HnI fans at MH are increasing
 

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 30, 2006
Messages
5,662
Reaction score
299
Gender
Hidden
Country
Venezuela
_-_YsY_-_ said:
everything looks better, specially the buttons
but i will appreciate to add a direct link to HnI in the "other shonen" section
after all HnI fans at MH are increasing
if we add HnI without it being an adultboard like Tsubasa/FMA/666Satan we would have to add all childboards of Adventure/General/Sports manga which would lead to 9 new links...
If i understood the concept of the current system it's to make the navigation bar easier to view.
what one could do would be the same as with what was talked about for the naruto section:
another javascript submenu where the "child boards" are listed in.
 

siegfried

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2006
Messages
405
Reaction score
3
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
njt said:
also make sure you have java script enabled :)
well it was enabled but I had to make some changes in the advanced settings. Now it works fine. Thank you.
 

kiddo7

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
931
Reaction score
23
Gender
Hidden
Country
Austria
ttxdragon said:
if we add HnI without it being an adultboard like Tsubasa/FMA/666Satan we would have to add all childboards of Adventure/General/Sports manga which would lead to 9 new links...
If i understood the concept of the current system it's to make the navigation bar easier to view.
what one could do would be the same as with what was talked about for the naruto section:
another javascript submenu where the "child boards" are listed in.
There is one very notable exception though, and it has been a slight inconsistency for quite a while now;
The Toshokan, (child board of the discussion section in Naruto) and the biblioteca (ditto for bleach) and so on for all the major Magas on the site. These all get their own direct link for no other apparent reason than the fact that they are popular.
Don't know if this is purposely like that or if it is just a slip up that nobody noticed.

And since we are talking about suggestions for improvements, here is what I think.
Someone has mentioned it before but Let me say it again. I think the news link Is redundant because we already get a sneak peak at the news on the front page and there is a link in the general forum that connects to a more comprehensive news sub forum. If it where up to me i would have the news link connect directly to that same sub forum and remove the link from general forums. Also General forums is the only collapsible link that did not get a colored button, while shoujo manga which does not have any sub forums did get one.
I see this as going against a pattern although I do understand the logic behind it. Still, for the sake of consistency, and to make it easier for people to notice that it is a collapsible link, I would make a button for general forums and make shoujo Manga just a regular link, just like Fan manga which could, by the same argument, also have a button but does not.

These were my thoughts...
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
kiddo7 said:
There is one very notable exception though, and it has been a slight inconsistency for quite a while now;
The Toshokan, (child board of the discussion section in Naruto) and the biblioteca (ditto for bleach) and so on for all the major Magas on the site. These all get their own direct link for no other apparent reason than the fact that they are popular.
Don't know if this is purposely like that or if it is just a slip up that nobody noticed.
That's because we have about 20 times the members who want a direct link to the Toshokan than we do members who want a direct link to the HnI section. Popularity is the reason. If you guys want the HnI section to get more attention in the menu, give it more love, so that it'll stand out as an active board more.

And since we are talking about suggestions for improvements, here is what I think.
Someone has mentioned it before but Let me say it again. I think the news link Is redundant because we already get a sneak peak at the news on the front page and there is a link in the general forum that connects to a more comprehensive news sub forum. If it where up to me i would have the news link connect directly to that same sub forum and remove the link from general forums. Also General forums is the only collapsible link that did not get a colored button, while shoujo manga which does not have any sub forums did get one.
Good point about the News section, I'm sure NJT will notice it and make a decision about that.

I was also for there being a button for General Forums, and I'm sure that is something we will do eventually. As for the Shoujo section, it's just because it is a genre that it gets a link, although I do agree that it's a little annoying to click on it expecting a dropdown list and all of a sudden you get taken to the section itself without expecting it.
 

SilveryShadows

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
njt said:
as for the users online thing, sure I'll see what can be done^^
Horray! =)



Suggestions:
- I think that by default, all the buttons should be opened, because 1. if one doesn't have javascript enabled, they can't click on the images. 2. Or, if one doesn't know about the collapsible buttons, then they wouldn't know how to go to different forums(They might not click on the buttons at all, because they don't see any links.).
= This would make it easier for members, or nonmembers who just came across the site.

- I read some of the comments. Someone had said that the images slow down the forum a bit. Maybe have a choice between image buttons or text(like the general forum).


Not perhaps urgent or necessary options, but they may be useful for others. (Not me though, but meh..)


I like this:
Ayah said:
> Naruto Index
> Discussions <- this was clicked
> Naruto Spoilers
> Naruto Theater
> Naruto Arcade
> Naruto Reviews
> Translations
> Edited Mangas
> Toshokan
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I removed the News link myself.

If Javascript is disabled I'm told you can see all the menu open, btw.

Not sure if a "second dropdown menu" is feasible...

* * *

Made the Shoujo Manga section a dropdown menu too.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top