Feedback New(ish) Layout, let us know what you think

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiddo7

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
931
Reaction score
23
Gender
Hidden
Country
Austria
You guys are awesome!
Just to think that you would tweak your setup to please our every whim and desire...
Truly this is the very best site on the web!
 

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
4,262
Reaction score
2,130
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
kiddo7 said:
You guys are awesome!
Just to think that you would tweak your setup to please our every whim and desire...
Truly this is the very best site on the web!
We wouldn't ask for everyone's opinion if we didn't plan on doing something about problems if they are there :p.

And good job GK :ossu
 

ddadain

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2006
Messages
636
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
Wow, my suggestions are actually being addressed to XD Yay~

I totally agree with what was done with the Shoujo mangas having only a measly "Index" XD LOL >_> Okay, sorry to the shoujo manga readers (I read them too, sometimes, very seldomly), there's just too many shoujo titles and none in particular is VERY popular to date.
 

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
5,423
Reaction score
1,786
Age
119
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
I'm a bit off-topic here..but NANA is one of the more popular series...just that the shoujo fans or members here I think is a bit small or still growing... ?!! ...:smile-big
-------------------
Taking a look at Shoujo Dept again - it seems there are ad-hoc queries in there. So maybe there should be 'Queries on Shoujo Series - where to get them', 'Discussion on certain series - e.g. Goong, Nana', 'Latest Edited Manga Annoucements', 'Shoujo Anime Discussions' etc. I also know a lot of shoujo groups looking for translators & Manga Editors too....so.... anyway, just thinking aloud :)

But the Shoujo Index for now seems ok. :amuse
 

Calibur

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
92
Reaction score
3
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
i like this new design. it does not require us to squelch our eyes and look for the topic of animes to look for. the picture is a dead giveaway which is excellent. I too agree with the other users of the drop menu, it creates a well organized website. awesome job!
 

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
4,262
Reaction score
2,130
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
You
SilveryShadows said:
I like the buttons.
Cleaner. I can keep all but Naruto closed. lol.
(The General Forums one is hard to notice. I didn't see it until now. o.o'.)

Don't really care about the sizes, or dropdown menu. It's nice, but meh.

Now, if only the online users is hideable too...
and you...

C4animax said:
That sure would be nice.
Terra edited it to be hidden as well! Enjoy and say thanks :D :p
 

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I didn't suggest the hidden online users list, but thanks Terra :amuse It was only when it's working that I realized "Hey, I don't have to scroll down much longer just to announce."

(FYI: For globals and admins, there's an additional item in their sidebar where they enter the text and code for the announcement at the top of the page.)
 

Jammer

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2006
Messages
193
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
excellent work - you guys rock ^^
just a few small details to add/ask about
- is this purposely - when I click on some link from the header - where the new RAW and stuff is announced it opens a different browser window (so I usualy Copy Link Location and paste it in the address bar :XD)
- also on the start page - bottom part - the title is 'The RTS Threads!' yet the content of that section is more than the title implies - because it includes the latest topics - which is great cause I learn about new sections of the forum I've never been before :amuse

anyways these are so small details that are even not worth mentioning - yet I'm a goddamn perfectionist from time to time (u can't imagine how often I use the Preview post button -.-') so I couldn't keep my mouth shut :darn
 

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
15,816
Reaction score
7,985
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Jammer said:
- is this purposely - when I click on some link from the header - where the new RAW and stuff is announced it opens a different browser window (so I usualy Copy Link Location and paste it in the address bar :XD)
Ah, for this, we could use a different BBCode.

[url][/url] = Open up the link in new browser
[iurl][/iurl] = Force the link to open up in the same window.

Nope, doesn't work :p At least if using that method on the current shoutbox.
It corrupts the link in the shoutbox.
 

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
4,262
Reaction score
2,130
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Jammer said:
excellent work - you guys rock ^^
just a few small details to add/ask about
- is this purposely - when I click on some link from the header - where the new RAW and stuff is announced it opens a different browser window (so I usualy Copy Link Location and paste it in the address bar :XD)
- also on the start page - bottom part - the title is 'The RTS Threads!' yet the content of that section is more than the title implies - because it includes the latest topics - which is great cause I learn about new sections of the forum I've never been before :amuse

anyways these are so small details that are even not worth mentioning - yet I'm a goddamn perfectionist from time to time (u can't imagine how often I use the Preview post button -.-') so I couldn't keep my mouth shut :darn
hmmm I guess we could make it so it doesn't open a new link when you click on it, in the header. I'll check into that ;)

Also the RTS threads! Thing on the front page is actually two parts.
The first part is the RTS threads.

The second part is the newer posts of the forum. Like every new thread that gets posted in/created will show up there (that is viewable to all members that is^^; )
 

Jammer

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2006
Messages
193
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
yeah I just love this section - I always check the latest topics and RTS threads ^^
but what I meant is this - rather then explaining I'm showing it graphically with my point there

and possible titles could be: 'Topics to note', or 'Topics you shouldn't miss' or something similar :amuse
I'm giving this pic cause my english isn't that good to explain it with words - and I think u didn't understand what I wanted to tell - anyway as I already said its not big deal at all - just something more cosmetic

but WOW, you guys are fast :XD
 

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Oh, you mean that :sweat I'm pretty sure it will be changed now that you pointed it out.
 

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
4,262
Reaction score
2,130
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Jammer said:
yeah I just love this section - I always check the latest topics and RTS threads ^^
but what I meant is this - rather then explaining I'm showing it graphically with my point there

and possible titles could be: 'Topics to note', or 'Topics you shouldn't miss' or something similar :amuse
I'm giving this pic cause my english isn't that good to explain it with words - and I think u didn't understand what I wanted to tell - anyway as I already said its not big deal at all - just something more cosmetic

but WOW, you guys are fast :XD
Yeah~ the thing is, is the thing on the front uses an RSS feed^^; So- it uses the title of the area we import from.

The reason it says Releases and downloads is because it's from that specific forum. Whereas, the second area is from the ENTIRE site^^; Like aim your browser to www.mangahelpers.com and at the VERY top of the browser (the place that says SITENAME - Mozilla Firefox (if you use firefox)) You'll see it says ::Mangahelpers. That's why the second area copies that area...(I attached a pic to show ya where I'm talking about (check bottom))

We could change that to say Mangahelpers index or something, but it still wouldn't carry the same meaning of what it is importing...

So~~~ just know it's importing the entire forum^^; since that's all we can get it to show as.. (for now >.>)

The reason we resorted to this method can be read here:
http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=7468.msg146633#msg146633
 

Jammer

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2006
Messages
193
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
well sorry for having you make such an explanation, really
but I'll try one last time to state my point - part 2 title where it says Mangahelpers is allright
I was suggesting changing the text 'The RTS Threads' - the one I titled Section title on my pic because it includes RTS+latest topics ;)
and then again it's just a suggestion - if it's impossible then ok
I'm not complaining about it (and I'm not gonna start doing it) cause it's just a cosmetic detail ^^
 

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
4,262
Reaction score
2,130
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Jammer said:
well sorry for having you make such an explanation, really
but I'll try one last time to state my point - part 2 title where it says Mangahelpers is allright
I was suggesting changing the text 'The RTS Threads' - the one I titled Section title on my pic because it includes RTS+latest topics ;)
and then again it's just a suggestion - if it's impossible then ok
I'm not complaining about it (and I'm not gonna start doing it) cause it's just a cosmetic detail ^^
Haha that's easily changeable :D Changed~
 

Manji Yoshimitsu

Intl Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2005
Messages
168
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Nice!!

Only this! Give the General Forums a dropdown button too, its very ackward to see that plusthingie......

Good job!
 

qwan3356

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2006
Messages
1,080
Reaction score
24
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I like it (after the getting use to), its a nice change. Very Well Done MH!
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Uh... uh uh.. he he... great... :D Well, I really don't know what to say cuz i use RSS 99% of the time but the layout is definitely better. :XD
 

kyubisharingan

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2006
Messages
2,647
Reaction score
103
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Jamaica
i like this layout^^ and the buttons^^but the pics are kinda old......im sure there are better colored pics
 

SilveryShadows

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Thanks for the hiding of user online. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top