Spoiler - New Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. May 4th) | Page 57 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Spoiler New Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. May 4th)

ChinkyCandie

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
^ I know. I was making "if" scenarios. Comparing Shiraishi's reaction to Zeus to the other two Greek players.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I was hoping there would be public RAWs at some point, but I guess that won't be the case for now.

Chapter thread: https://mangahelpers.com/forum/thre...9-190-and-191-discussion-predictions.3005372/
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
白石被壓制到快崩潰

種島上場和白石玩黑白配
代替白石和宙斯比賽
最後日本隊贏
Source: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4759434383

I'm actually not really sure what it says. From what I understand Shiraishi is losing at first, then there's something with Shiraishi and Tanegashima (flashback?) and afterwards either Shiraishi wins or Shiraishi loses and Japan takes the subsequent matches. Whichever one it is, seems like we won't get to see much of Zeus and it is indeed another 1 month match. I guess Konomi also wants to move on to the stronger opponents.

@Phantron if you could shed some light on the situation it'd be much appreciated.

Phantron

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Says Shiraishi was owned by Zeus and Tanegashima subbed in for him and won the game. It's not clear if Shiraishi actually played Zeus because switching in the middle of the game sounds, well, illegal. Might be one of those games where people played it out in their minds before it actually happened..

Artsci

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Before the match started, Shiraishi was over-pressured by Zeus' overwhelming aura (not really aura, don't know how to translate it though). So Tane came and played rock paper siccor with Shiraishi, saying that if he win, he will replace him to play Zeus. Obviously, Tane won and played instead of Shiraishi. At first Tane was losing 0-5. Someone commented Zeus saying that he was able to freely control the flow and pace of the match just like how Tezuka is able to control the rotation of a ball. Tane managed to beat Zeus by holding a water bottle lid at his palm so that all the ball he hit will be unpredictable that even Tane himself wouldn't know where he will hit the ball. He managed to make a come back 7-5 and Japan won their first match.

Anera

Reaction score
Country
France
Too bad that we won't see Shiraishi playing. I hope we'll see Kirihara and him later because it seems a bit like a waste...

I'm very curious to see Tanegashima playing though, it might look great. And Zeus is finally more powerful than I thought.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
So I guess this means Mifune only has to submit the teams ahead of time, but who plays in which match isn't set in stone. I'm honestly a bit disappointed by how this situation has turned out, I was looking forward to a Shiraishi match. This doesn't also tell us much new about Tanegashima except that he's also very flexible as far as strategy is concerned.

And I suppose this means we won't see Tokugawa and Shiraishi at all in the group league and move on to the next match soon enough.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Also, I'm not sure how to rate Zeus after this. On the one hand he's evidently strong if he can take a 5-0 lead against Tanegashima, but when he's losing 7 games straight afterwards to pure randomness it seems a bit contradictory. Overall, I don't feel like he's necessarily above Heracles in terms of base stats for instance, even if his ability is more powerful and probably puts him ahead of his teammates.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
In terms of strength, a lot of characters in POT are one-trick ponies, as in it doesn't matter if they're up 5-0 serving on triple match point, if you know what their trick is you'll still be able to come back from that. So I don't think being one-trick pony and losing 7-5 is inherently weaker than being a more well rounded guy and lose 7-5 anyway and Zeus should be rated exactly as his record indicates.

I'm guessing the whole Shiraishi part is like say Atobe and Ryoma were playing the game out in their mind before the game actually started way back in the Nationals. I always thought that you should get a situation where someone used a predictive power and freak out because if those powers are really that accurate then you should find out that you're totally doomed against a superior opponent.

To be honest, I was looking forward to Shiraishi down 5-0 and then crawl to the side and tagged Tanegashima like WWE, and listen to Inui provide some explanation as to why this is totally legal to do.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Zeus should be rated exactly as his record indicates.
I didn't mean to imply otherwise. My point was strictly about base stats; even with comparable or slightly lower stats than Heracles he can still be superior overall due to their respective abilities.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
I didn't mean to imply otherwise. My point was strictly about base stats; even with comparable or slightly lower stats than Heracles he can still be superior overall due to their respective abilities.
I think Zeus is one of those high base stats/low special moves guy. I think the stats never account for special moves (Ryoma would be nowhere near top tier based on just his stats).

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hahahaha I wanted that to happen. Shiriaishi was losing then Tanegahsima steps in to finish the match. I actually said this in Konomi's Twitter thread.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Mifune literally just throw Tokugawa away. It's such a waste. Oh well, guess he overestimate greek or underestimate his own players.

Anera

Reaction score
Country
France
Mifune literally just throw Tokugawa away. It's such a waste.
I think Konomi didn't want to use him again after his awesome match against Volk.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
So Tanegashima replaced Shiraishi before the match even started?

Zeus was a dissapointment. If he is the captain it should be due to his "aura" (similar to Tezuka) and the huge pressure he puts into their opponents. He's strong for sure, taking a 5-0 lead against Tanegashima isn't just for show but Tane was probably goofing around and he didn't come close to even playing seriously, so in the end Zeus is a bit of a pushover.

If I were to say two Msers, then Ryoma and Tezuka would rape Zeus completely and players like Atobe or Kin-chan should comfortably beat him too (not as easily as Ryoma or Tezuka tough)

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
^ I recon Kintaro could defeat Zeus quite easily. He can use Tenimuhou. What do you think about Yukimura or Sanada? Could they defeat Zeus comfortably? Yukimura probably. Not sure about Sanada though.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Yukimura should be able to beat him easily too. He kept up with Volk with Tokugawa and Zeus shouldn't be any stronger than that. If he still uses Dream,ii do think it would affect Zeus and be a victim of the yips. I reckon the pressure Yuki generates is much harder to overcome in my eyes, so yeah I think Yuki would beat him

Anera

Reaction score
Country
France
I agree regarding Tezuka and Ryoma : the former wants to defeat a pro, he better defeat a "simple" player. And Ryoma is... Ryoma. (yeah, my argument is lame but you see what I mean :smile-big)

However, I don't think Yukimura should beat him easily. He would still beat him but I don't think it'd go as smoothly as you think. Yips is not an autowin button. I think Zeus could be surprised (how couldn't he be ?) but I don't think Yips would be efficient for very long. Zeus is a good player, he didn't have luck to play against Tanegashima in the end. I think he could find a way to overcome Yips at some point. And Yukimura =/= Tanegashima.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Given their current status and that I doubt we'll see much of them again before the semis, Tezuka and Ryoma are probably already above Zeus. Not really seeing it for the other MSers, let alone them winning "easily." Sanada got completely shut down by Tanegashima before and even if he has the double clutch down now I don't see him taking 5 consecutive games against him. Same with Yukimura - we don't know if he has Yips anymore and if Zeus can completely control the pace of the match he might not be affected by it. Once Yukimura gets a new power-up, he'll probably go even or pull ahead, but right now I don't think that's the case.

If we assume Zeus is above Heracles (likely), then there's no guarantee Atobe's new move is going to be super effective either. Kintarou I don't want to make a call on, it really depends on how much development he gets in the group league still in my eyes.

Tane was probably goofing around and he didn't come close to even playing seriously, so in the end Zeus is a bit of a pushover.
I don't see what the basis for this is either. I'm sure there's a little more we haven't seen from Tanegashima yet, but I don't think he'd resort to random tactics if he could have closed it out easily with Mu for instance.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I don't see what the basis for this is either. I'm sure there's a little more we haven't seen from Tanegashima yet, but I don't think he'd resort to random tactics if he could have closed it out easily with Mu for instance.
Well, we didn't know if Zeus had any special moves that Tanegashima could have nullified.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
That's true, Mu was just an example though. My point is that if Tanegashima had been able to win without relying on something random rather than reliable, chances are he would have done that instead. There's nothing that suggests Tanegashima wasn't serious for the first five games or whatever.

felixng2011

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Zeus seems to be really strong. Nothing suggests guys like Sanada or Atobe or Yuki can beat him handily. I doubt they can beat him actually. I would say only Tezuka and Ryoma out of the MSERS can definitely beat him.