Spoiler - New Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. May 4th) | Page 58 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Spoiler New Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (Next Ch. May 4th)

Artsci

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Zeus had a 5-0 lead against Tane so his stats should be higher than Tane. I think Tane beating Zeus was just fluke. I am just disappointed how Zeus was unable to resist against such little trick.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Zeus had a 5-0 lead against Tane so his stats should be higher than Tane. I think Tane beating Zeus was just fluke. I am just disappointed how Zeus was unable to resist against such little trick.
Why do you think so? I mean, if we're going by the old Muga info, randomness shouldn't be a superior tactic against stronger players:

Though Yukimura can use Muga no Kyouchi, when playing his match he did not activate it. Against a higher level opponent, “Muga no Kyouchi’s” unpredictability is ineffective and the Techniques of Muga are easily returned. Furthermore, the Secondary effect of stamina exhaustion makes Muga unfit for long battles. If you’re at the level where you can see through the strength of your opponent, there is the choice to not use Muga."
http://translations.shamannet.com/?p=296

On the flipside we've seen people with strong predictive abilities going even with others that are technically way above them stats wise, Inui being the prime example of course. Then you have guys like Yamato or Ryoma whose stats are lower than you'd expect from the level they play at, but they also balance out those deficits through special abilities.

So given those two factors, why do you feel like Zeus is a stats monster rather than someone with a strong skill to balance out lower stats?

TFJ

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I agree

But we could argue something like his "Data Tennis" was so flawless that it can't deviate from anything besides an expected return or something lol.

LetalHawk

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Thanks Chinky for the raws. So, Shiraishi will play but in the next match? Or it's Konomi going to skip it and move on to the next matches?

It seems Shiraishi was relieved from the pressure after seeing Tane fight back and make his comeback.

ChinkyCandie

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Not sure since I can't read Japanese but I think it says next chapters are in November.
Japan has already won majority out of 5 matches. Do they really need to go 5/5?
The next time we see Shiraishi, this match between Zeus and Tanegashima will motivate him. He'll get an upgrade.
By the way, if anyone can read Japanese, what was Tanegashima's backstory?

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Not sure since I can't read Japanese but I think it says next chapters are in November.
It says that the story will continue in the November *issue* which will be released on October 4th. There's no break or anything. I'll get back to you on the other stuff later.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
A little more on Zeus. It says that due to his aura, Shiraishi was unable to picture himself winning the match, no matter what kind of strategy he were to use. So basically it's pretty close to what Phantron assumed, except that he's not playing out the match itself in his head, but rather just different strategies.

I think how the first half of the match is depicted is actually pretty interesting. I imagine that Tanegashima's doing all the really hype plays and whenever Zeus gets a point it feels like he just had a lucky break, but is overwhelmingly disadvantaged regardless - then before you notice it he actually has that gigantic lead.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I assumed no releases in October since Konomi and the cast will be busy preparing and rehearsing Tenipuri Festa 2016. Although it would make more sense to skip November and have December.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Huh, I don't know what Zeus and Tanegashima do, but it looks pretty cool. I wonder how Zeus compare to people like Sanada or Yukimura.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Japan has already won majority out of 5 matches. Do they really need to go 5/5?
There doesn't seem to be any indication of whether they're going to play the other two matches or not. Personally, I don't see a reason not to throw in a page saying Japan won 3-0 if they're not going to keep going, but that might be the opening page of next month's chapters too, so we'll have to wait and see.

Also, a bit more on Shiraishi, at the end he's basically describing Tanegashima as a mentor figure who can help him elevate his game to the next level.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I'm pretty sure some of us readers have already gotten bored of the Greece team. They were a disappointment for a top 10 country.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Not really, for one, I didn't anything much from them. Looking at prophet league thread a lot of people are expecting 5-0 from Japan as well.

Anera

Reaction score
Country
France
Actually, I'm more upset that we didn't see Zeus' abilities better. I really like Tanegashima and was very happy to see him playing but Zeus seems like a great player and if he played against another member of the G10, it could have been different.

Actually, I'm wondering about the other Greek players, if we're going to see them playing... I don't really see the point anymore (Japan already won) but I'm still curious. (because of Zeus) I don't think it'll happen though, especially since Greece is not one of the important teams. (not in the way they're not strong, just that they're not really important for their growth either)

Edit: Ah, and I don't see Shiraishi playing against another Greek player anyway.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
After Tanegashima won, Zeus says the same trick won't work on him again and Tanegashima agreed, so I guess he's supposed to be stronger than Tanegashima but just fell for a trick. It reminds me of the Fuji vs Shiraishi game where Shiraishi was obviously way stronger than him but almost lost the game because Fuji had a new move, only this time the new trick actually lasted long enough to win the set before it was figured out.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
After Tanegashima won, Zeus says the same trick won't work on him again and Tanegashima agreed, so I guess he's supposed to be stronger than Tanegashima but just fell for a trick. It reminds me of the Fuji vs Shiraishi game where Shiraishi was obviously way stronger than him but almost lost the game because Fuji had a new move, only this time the new trick actually lasted long enough to win the set before it was figured out.
I think the whole thing was supposed to show off Tanegashima's Mental description from the fanbook more than anything.

"Because he is the kind of person who does things just to amuse himself, he can change even a pinch into a chance. Because flexibility supports his foundation, whether it be enemy or ally, he has the acumen to see through and surpass them."

Even if it was a one time trick, the point is that Tanegashima managed to come up with something that ultimately gave him the win. Maybe he'd be able to think of another method next time too, but right now this was enough to take the match.

Artsci

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
After seeing Japan beating Greece, I guess we can say that Japan is actually ready to fight for the championship. Although Japan was ranked twenty something in the previous ranking, the ranking probably did not include players like Tokugawa, Oni, Irie, Tanegashima and all the overpowered MSers.

Tanegashima beat Zeus suggested that Byodouin, Oni and Tokugawa would probably be able to beat Zeus. So there are at least four players that are able to beat the strongest player of the world number 10 team. Ochi played evenly against one of the best Greek player (considering Hercules saved a move against Germany, he should be a top 5 Greek player)

I would say Japan's current ranking is somewhere between no. 6 and 9. (actually I would say they are merely weaker than the big 4 and the US) Obviously, they will get power up during their match against these strong countries and their ranking will go higher later on. Australia and Switzerland would probably send their strongest team against Japan. I guess Australia would only be able to threaten Japan just because they send out their best players meanwhile Japan is sending their relatively weak player (i.e. Date, Gin and Nakagauchi) and we will have Atobe beating the best Australian HSer.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I would say Japan's current ranking is somewhere between no. 6 and 9. (actually I would say they are merely weaker than the big 4 and the US) Obviously, they will get power up during their match against these strong countries and their ranking will go higher later on. Australia and Switzerland would probably send their strongest team against Japan. I guess Australia would only be able to threaten Japan just because they send out their best players meanwhile Japan is sending their relatively weak player (i.e. Date, Gin and Nakagauchi) and we will have Atobe beating the best Australian HSer.
While I agree with your last sentence, I have to disagree with everything else. I'm hoping Switzerland will not send their strongest team. It will give Japan the chance to win a match or two.
In regards to Australia, I'm hoping they are tied 2-2 by the time singles 1 comes around then Atobe takes the decider. Japan wins 3-2.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Although Japan was ranked twenty something in the previous ranking, the ranking probably did not include players like Tokugawa, Oni, Irie, Tanegashima and all the overpowered MSers.
Well, I think we should say this more about their 31st place ranking in the "prior week" ranking. Since there's only a week difference between the 31st and 23rd place rankings, it seems to me that the difference can only come from the Pre-WC matches (I can't imagine another official match being less than a week before the start of the world cup). So the 23rd place would technically "include" Tokugawa and Irie, but rather than the absolute placement of 23 it's important that they gained 8 spots (the highest increase of all teams) in my eyes.

Anyone think we're gonna get a new ranking after the Group League for that matter? Or at least a provisional one? If so, where do you think Japan is going to end up on that one? Looking at the current point gaps, 11th or 13th seem like probable spots to me.

I would say Japan's current ranking is somewhere between no. 6 and 9. (actually I would say they are merely weaker than the big 4 and the US)
If we assume Australia > England (who are currently ranked 7th) and that Japan is going to beat Australia, putting them either slightly ahead or behind Argentina seems like the way to go. Ryoma said that they're still weaker than the USA, but of course we don't know how the US matches up against the big 4 at their current level. In general the real ranking of the top 5 seems a bit unclear at the moment with Ryoga/Ryoma, Camus and Medanore all being somewhat unknown factors.

I'm hoping Switzerland will not send their strongest team. It will give Japan the chance to win a match or two.
I think you're either overestimating Switzerland or underestimating Japan. Sure, if the Swiss were to send out their no. 1-7 against a line-up with only one of Byoudouin/Oni, no Tanegashima, no Tokugawa etc. then Japan would probably go down pretty easily, but I assume Artsci more meant that the Swiss will be using a very competent team rather than only their bottom ranks (which a decent Japanese selection should 5-0 to be honest).

Anera

Reaction score
Country
France
Anyone think we're gonna get a new ranking after the Group League for that matter? Or at least a provisional one?
Yeah, I think there is going to be one, it'll be useful for teams to know the developement of their next opponents. Of course, it'll be provisional, the definitive one will depends on the general results at the end of the tournament. (I agree regarding your prediction of Japan's ranking)

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I think you're either overestimating Switzerland or underestimating Japan. Sure, if the Swiss were to send out their no. 1-7 against a line-up with only one of Byoudouin/Oni, no Tanegashima, no Tokugawa etc. then Japan would probably go down pretty easily, but I assume Artsci more meant that the Swiss will be using a very competent team rather than only their bottom ranks (which a decent Japanese selection should 5-0 to be honest).
Well whoever captains vs Switzerland, I do expect them to win. I'm not overestimating or underestimating. I'd like to see Japan have a chance. It'll be BS if Japan 3-0 Switzerland though. I do expect Japan to win at least one match.
Australia will be the one to give more of an impressive match against Japan than Greece. I think even Australia will defeat Greece. I mean their captain went up against Japan.