Fall NFL Thread

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The NFL Thread

E A G L E... oh who am I kidding ... really. Ravens are going to smash us.
Yeah.

Well they're talented but I would bet on us.

Terrible weekend. Steelers lost and Ravens won. That's like like losing twice for a Steelers fan.

It's also very depressing when you are one injury away from Heath Miller stepping in on the O-line. That's not a good feeling.:(
Well it's nice to see we've finally gotten under the skin of Steelers fans like they've gotten under ours.
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,062
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

Yeah.

Well they're talented but I would bet on us.
.
People are saying not be so harsh / deciding based on the first game because at the end of the day a win is a win irregardless of how ugly the game-play was. Though it doesn't really help my confidence about future prospects when we play higher end / better teams. I'm just going to see how things go for the next game...
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The NFL Thread

People are saying not be so harsh / deciding based on the first game because at the end of the day a win is a win irregardless of how ugly the game-play was. Though it doesn't really help my confidence about future prospects when we play higher end / better teams. I'm just going to see how things go for the next game...
You guys have home field. But I don't know, I don't see you guys winning. It wouldn't surprise me necessarily though.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: The NFL Thread

I picked the Steelers to win the division this year, and while it's only been one game, perhaps I should rethink that...
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,062
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

You guys have home field. But I don't know, I don't see you guys winning. It wouldn't surprise me necessarily though.
Well - I suppose we'll wait and see. ^^ But as of this moment I really dont see us winning either...
 

BASED Shinigami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
1,836
Reaction score
634
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

Ok, so far with my predictions I'm at 8-6................what the fuck :m3j didn't think certain teams would lose *cough panthers cough saints etc* but hey whatever :hee hopefully I'll get more right next week. Also, I'm glad Mark Sanchez did well. I hope Tebow gets buried on the bench. Nothing against him seems like a cool guy, but I hate all the drama and media attention he attracts he's just a backup QB (Skip Bayless doesn't understand that smh). Also, very proud of my Patriots :^_^ if their defense plays like that all season long we'll be most likely unstoppable, and I'm glad they finally have a decent RB ! Adrian Peterson has finally come back and is in good shape that will help the Vikings a bit (he's my fav RB btw). Ah yes, my weekly MVP honors go to RG3 for an incredible performance at the super dome.

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Oh shit I'm a Hero on MH now! Awesome.
 

Ghan

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2012
Messages
433
Reaction score
84
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

All I care about this morning is RGIII. It's not just the win, not just about the numbers, but the way he put up the numbers. It looks sustainable. He is not afraid of taking a hit, when the pocket collapses his mechanics do not break down. He already has a near Roethlisberger like ability to extend the play while still looking for an open receiver. His passes are accurate, leading the receiver to open space and YAC. Overall, incredibly impressive. I'm not predicting the Super Bowl, or even a winning record, but I have no doubt RGIII will live up to his potential.
Sorry to burst your bubble dude, but I'm not impressed with RG3 as of yet. He played against a scrub defense whose secondary is awful and A D-line who will never be able to get pressure on ANYBODY. The Saints defense has a tendency to lose games for their team as the offense has to usually pick up the slack. That's why almost every Saint's game has to end in a shootout ( i.e. NFC championship game last year).
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The NFL Thread

Sorry to burst your bubble dude, but I'm not impressed with RG3 as of yet. He played against a scrub defense whose secondary is awful and A D-line who will never be able to get pressure on ANYBODY. The Saints defense has a tendency to lose games for their team as the offense has to usually pick up the slack. That's why almost every Saint's game has to end in a shootout ( i.e. NFC championship game last year).
The defense didn't lose the game for them from what I saw. The Saints just couldn't keep pace until it was too late.
 

BASED Shinigami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
1,836
Reaction score
634
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

RG3 is the shit until further notice. However, I will be optimistic about this because I want to see how well he does against better defenses. Let's face it the Saints D has never been prominent.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The NFL Thread

RG3 is the shit until further notice. However, I will be optimistic about this because I want to see how well he does against better defenses. Let's face it the Saints D has never been prominent.
The year they won the Super Bowl their defense was among the league's best. Probably for being so opportunistic and benefiting from playing with leads though.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: The NFL Thread

Sorry to burst your bubble dude, but I'm not impressed with RG3 as of yet. He played against a scrub defense whose secondary is awful and A D-line who will never be able to get pressure on ANYBODY. The Saints defense has a tendency to lose games for their team as the offense has to usually pick up the slack. That's why almost every Saint's game has to end in a shootout ( i.e. NFC championship game last year).
Don't you think your answer might be a little extreme? Surely the Saints are not the '85 bears, but they are an actual NFL defense, and surely not scrubs. Kevin Kolb is not going 19-26 against them, or throw for 300 yards. There is no doubt they are not nearly as bad as you say. It is true the Saints do not have an elite defense, there will be harder tests. Like any quarterback, RGIII is sure to struggle at some point this season. Nobody expects him to have a season like Tom Brady in 2007. But it should be obvious, to anyone who watched the game, that the hype is warranted. His debut reminded me of Stephen Strasburg's (14k's against the Pirates) and Lebron James (25 points, 9 assists against the Kings), both games I watched. You might be impressed, but you do seem to be in the minority.

I am a native of the DC area, and lifelong Redskins fan, in case you were wondering. I root for RGIII because he is a Redskin, not the Redskins because RGIII is their quarterback.

The year they won the Super Bowl their defense was among the league's best. Probably for being so opportunistic and benefiting from playing with leads though.
They were a good defense that year, but not a great one. They were to dependent on turnovers and sacks to be considered great. They were not a great defense last year.
 

BASED Shinigami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
1,836
Reaction score
634
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

The Packers and Bears play tomorrow night. Who y'all got taking it?
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: The NFL Thread

Bears...simply because I dislike Packers :oh
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The NFL Thread

Tough pick. One would assume the Packers would want to bounce back from the loss to the Niners, but the Bears looked awfully impressive as well. No clue...
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: The NFL Thread

I'm not even sure if the game started yet, but I'm picking the Bears to win.

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

The Bears made some drops and Cutler made some poor throws. Aaron Rodgers made some poor throws as well.
 

BASED Shinigami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
1,836
Reaction score
634
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

Didn't get a chance to watch the game, but saw some of the highlights. It's so like Cutler to make bad decisions and bad throws..not surprised by the result.

ALRIGHT! SUNDAY PICKS! I'll let someone else go first this week :hip
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: The NFL Thread

Thursday Night:
Bears at Packers (Cutler stunk it up, so I was wrong about this one)

Sunday:
Bucs at Giants
Texans at Jaguars
Browns at Bengals
Chiefs at Bills
Ravens at Eagles
Vikings at Colts
Raiders at Dolphins (I just have zero belief in the Raiders after last week)
Saints at Panthers
Cardinals at Patriots
Redskins at Rams
Cowboys at Seahawks
Titans at Chargers
Jets at Steelers
Lions at 49ers

Monday Night:
Broncos at Falcons
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,062
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

^ I heart listening to talk radio sometimes. A week ago they were all like Ravens were going to cream the love juice out of the Eagles. Now they're like Raven's aren't so tough.
 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The NFL Thread

^ I heart listening to talk radio sometimes. A week ago they were all like Ravens were going to cream the love juice out of the Eagles. Now they're like Raven's are so tough.
Isn't that the same thing?
 
Top