Fall NFL Thread

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,274
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: The NFL Thread

The most interesting position to me in this year's Draft is the wide receiver corps. I can see them contributing a lot more to the 2007 NFL season than anybody else. I was hoping that the Titans will get a good WR (we need one) but now we also need a CB to make up for Pacman, so I guess whatever route they go, I won't argue. The only position we don't need right now is QB.

I think that Oakland will likely get JaMarcus Russell. His arm is just too attractive for them.
 

Venom65437

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: The NFL Thread

It would be the smartest move Oakland has made in years. Of course the best move they could make is for Al Davis to get a clue and let someone else make some decisions.
 

miyi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

Jemarcus Russel = overrated.


ok, Randy Moss just got traded to New England Patriots.

Brady and Moss? what a deadly combination!
 

Venom65437

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: The NFL Thread

If Moss decides to play.

Let me just say as a Phins fan, I'm GLAD we didn't take Quinn. I never wanted him, and am glad he isn't on the team.
 

miyi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

Just curious, may I ask why?

I mean, he was a pretty solid quarterback and had tons of experience under a former NFL coordinator Coach Weiss. Sometimes he's really poised under pressure (i.e. when he did a comeback win against UCLA), and he supposed to have beaten USC (the push Bush play) two seasons ago. Overall, compared to Russel, he's been the better guy, although Russel obviously outplayed him in that bowl game, but that was just one game!

Is it some personality issues, maybe?

oh, so you are a Dolphins fan. I honestly am not a hardcore fan of any NFL team at the moment as with other sports, except I like Indianapolis and New England, almost equally. :p
 
Last edited:

Venom65437

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: The NFL Thread

Because, Brady couldn't win ANY big game to save his life it seems. Look at last year, the three GOOD teams he played against all destroyed him. He struggled badly against an average team in GT. His accuracy isn't all world either.

With his subpar performance against the best college players, how will he perform against the NFL?

Also, Randy Mueller is our GM. He has drafted a ton of starting QBs into this league. He knows QBs, if he feels Beck has something, then I definitely believe him.
 

miyi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

hmm..I didn't know that. You're probably right, I mean, LSU played in a tough SEC conference, whereas Notre Dame had sucky opponents.

I remember what happened to Alex Smith of 49ers, 1st pick overall, what a disappointment. I can totally see Quinn in that similar position, so it's probably good for him to have dropped in the draft pick. You know what though? I've heard Quinn on interviews, he seems really sharp, a good trait to have especially when you're a quarterback. I'm sure he'd do alright in the pro.
 

Uchiha Slayer

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
406
Reaction score
29
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

Somebody better tell Michael Vick not to drop the soap...He might get a hotDOG where he dont want it...hahahahahaha, for real though, I dont think he's getting away with this one.
 

Zwivix

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
864
Reaction score
19
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Re: The NFL Thread

Well since i see this thread has been inactive for so long. But the season is beginning again so we need to this back up to the top!

Game 1 Colts vs. Saints.

Any thoughts of whos gonna win, score, or just any predictions for any team for this season?
 

Coup

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
288
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

Not too many NFL fans here too keep the thread active huh, heh.

I'll just skim the past two weeks of football...

Colts - 2-0, no surprise there but are facing the Texans who are also 2-0 this season and defeated the undeafted colts last year.

Eagles - What a surprise... Donovan needs to focus to have chance of making the playoffs this season or else he'll be replaced by that draft pick!

Chargers - What's up with LT!?(STILL lost the the patriots) Nah but seriously he can't do it by himself. The team needs to step up...

Saints - OMG wow. If they don't win at home in week 3 then the saints are exactly what I thought of them last year " a one hit wonder".

Bears - Can't believe that team is still behind Rex Grossman... Yea I seen some improvement from him but not that much. They should have picked up Byron Leftwich...

Falcons - Trash without vick, its been proven now... Should have stuck with Matt(backup QB). Bryon may help out but not my much.

Patriots - Looking real dangerous thous far, team wise. Too bad for Billicheat...

Lions - WHAT!? they're 2-0? Jesus must be coming... But nah hopefully kitna backs up what he said about 10-6 record by end of the season.

Cowboys - May end up facing Patriots for the AFC championship if they keep it up.
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

Yeahhhh~ Indy won today! Don't know the final score but it was 24-10 when I last looked. Hopefully they'll tighten up their game and make it back to the Big Game this season.

Actually, does anyone know what exactly happened to that Houston player? I happened to catch that part of the game at work, when they were working to get him on the stretcher.
 

Coup

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
288
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

^Yea, they said that he should be alright...

Pretty entertaining week 3 it was. Real nice wins by the Eagles, Cowboys, and Packers.

The Saints lost again. They'll probably end up with 5-11 record this season-_-;
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,274
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: The NFL Thread

Heh, I haven't been visiting this thread lately.

Ok, my NFL observations... The Cowboys and the Packers are definitely the class of the NFC. Through four games it seems to me as though there's not really that many playoff contenders this year, though. In the NFC you've got the Buccaneers doing well in the South, thanks to Jeff Garcia, and in the West you've got the Seahawks on top of a very weak division. The wild card entrants in the NFC should be the Lions and the Panthers (when they get Delhomme back and when they start actually giving the ball to Steve Smith more again, which they will). If not the Panthers, then it'll be the Giants, Cardinals, or Redskins.

In the AFC, the Colts and the Patriots (who else?) are still tops. Probably come down to these two again in the AFC Championship this year. The Steelers seem to be the clear cut winner of the AFC North despite their loss to the Cardinals, but the AFC West is still up for grabs. I actually think the Chargers will win it though - despite being 1-3, they still have time to turn it around. Nobody else is running away with the division. If not San Diego, then probably Denver. The wild card teams will probably come from the AFC North and the South, and I really think my Titans will make it - they've been very impressive defensively and Vince Young is still improving every week. The other team will probably come from the North, but I have no idea who - hell, even the Browns have a chance this year. Ravens have no offense, Bengals have no defense, and Browns actually seem to me like the most balanced team of the three, believe it or not... Jaguars might make it as well, though, if it's possible for three teams from the same divison to make the playoffs.
 

Coup

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
288
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

Not a bad week 4 it was. Favre broke the record and still wining.

LT seems to be putting in work but the Chargers themselves still lost. To this day... I never got my head around why they let go of Marty(head coach).

Bears finally benched Rex and still lost lol, it wasn't much of a change but maybe Griese needs time who knows.

Say WHAT?! Ravens lost to the Browns!!?? Yea, their offense does suck(Mcnair is washed up).

Wow @ Romo. With a Favre like win over the Rams:)

Mcnabb... Huh 12 sacks you say? Ok...:oh


Well lets see if the Saints can get a win next week, if not then I will make my statement of what I thought of them last year... "A one hit wonder".
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,274
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: The NFL Thread

Saints did get a win. Finally!

And how about Vinny Testaverde? Just when I thought the old man had finally retired, he comes back at age 43 and starts and wins one for the Panthers! Geez!

But I take back what I said about the Panthers and Cardinals as potential dark horse contenders, I don't think either team will be able to make it to the playoffs this year because they both keep getting bit by the worst injury bug possible - the one directed at quarterbacks. The Giants and the Redskins are both looking very impressive, on the other hand.

The Patriots look frightening this year - this is definitely their best offensive team that they've ever had. Fortunately the Colts are no slouch in that department either, and even has a couple of ingredients that the Pats lack (healthy running back and outstanding tight end). It'll pretty much come down to which team has the best defense in that one, three weeks from now... and my money's still on the Colts. It'll be a hell of a game though - could pretty much be a toss up, or come down to the last team who has the ball.

My Titans suffered a pretty bad loss this past weekend to the Buccaneers. Vince got hurt, so that Madden Jinx may be at work after all. Still, he looks ok enough to come back. I'm very annoyed by how Coach Fisher keeps giving the ball to LenDale White though. Chris Brown is so clearly the better of the two running backs, it's not funny. But it looks as though we may not have the offense to be a true contender yet - we desperately need a receiver to stand out more. That'll be a focus in the next draft. I wish it had been last draft, and it's hurting us now.
 

Zwivix

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
864
Reaction score
19
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Mexico
Re: The NFL Thread

Saints did get a win. Finally!

And how about Vinny Testaverde? Just when I thought the old man had finally retired, he comes back at age 43 and starts and wins one for the Panthers! Geez!

But I take back what I said about the Panthers and Cardinals as potential dark horse contenders, I don't think either team will be able to make it to the playoffs this year because they both keep getting bit by the worst injury bug possible - the one directed at quarterbacks. The Giants and the Redskins are both looking very impressive, on the other hand.

The Patriots look frightening this year - this is definitely their best offensive team that they've ever had. Fortunately the Colts are no slouch in that department either, and even has a couple of ingredients that the Pats lack (healthy running back and outstanding tight end). It'll pretty much come down to which team has the best defense in that one, three weeks from now... and my money's still on the Colts. It'll be a hell of a game though - could pretty much be a toss up, or come down to the last team who has the ball.

My Titans suffered a pretty bad loss this past weekend to the Buccaneers. Vince got hurt, so that Madden Jinx may be at work after all. Still, he looks ok enough to come back. I'm very annoyed by how Coach Fisher keeps giving the ball to LenDale White though. Chris Brown is so clearly the better of the two running backs, it's not funny. But it looks as though we may not have the offense to be a true contender yet - we desperately need a receiver to stand out more. That'll be a focus in the next draft. I wish it had been last draft, and it's hurting us now.
Woot go Pats!

Yea finally the Patriots will be Champs again!

Yes I have to agree that the Colts have a great team The Pats do have a better defense in my opinion that the Colts, I know that it isnt as good as it used to be but its good enough to take out the Colts and any team they throw at them.

All the teams that were really good last year are just a dissapointment especially the San Diego Chargers! What happened to them this year?
 

Coup

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
288
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

Yea the Saints did finally won but they still don't really look much of threat for a run at the playoffs. I still will give them a 5-11 season record.

I'll just get straight to it... Patriots vs Cowboys. I picked the Pats to win overall but I figured it would more of a close game than that, kind of was expecting over-time. Now for the Pats, the only team really are in they way of a possible undefeated season are the Colts. A must see game I'm sure.

Looks to me, the San Diego Chargers are back somewhat(LT said it himself). Rivers and the wideouts are off a bit, but LT had 4 TD's against the Raiders. They should be able to make it.

Now my team, The Green Bay Packers are doing well but damn where is Donald Driver... He has yet to have more than 2 'high-performance' games as the #1 wideout. Hopefully that will change after this bye-week.
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,274
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: The NFL Thread

I agree that the Saints probably won't be a factor in this playoffs. But I do think the Chargers will be, though. Look at their divison, they really are not in the company of very many stellar teams, anyway.

But I have to say this year it's really all up to the Pats and Colts, it seems. These teams are the ones to beat; everything else is just background noise at the moment. In the Pats-Colts game, if one team or the other even comes close to dominating the other, we'll know who will probably win the Super Bowl from then on. This NFL season might actually be a bit more boring than usual. Ah, well :amuse

As for the Packers, j0ka, I have to say they've completely taken me by surprise this year. Though they are definitely a better team than I expected them to be, I don't think any team in the NFC can stand up to the AFC powers just yet...
 

Coup

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
288
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

I agree that the Saints probably won't be a factor in this playoffs. But I do think the Chargers will be, though. Look at their divison, they really are not in the company of very many stellar teams, anyway.

But I have to say this year it's really all up to the Pats and Colts, it seems. These teams are the ones to beat; everything else is just background noise at the moment. In the Pats-Colts game, if one team or the other even comes close to dominating the other, we'll know who will probably win the Super Bowl from then on. This NFL season might actually be a bit more boring than usual. Ah, well :amuse

As for the Packers, j0ka, I have to say they've completely taken me by surprise this year. Though they are definitely a better team than I expected them to be, I don't think any team in the NFC can stand up to the AFC powers just yet...
Yea, the Chargers do have an easy division but their schedule is quite a challenge. We'll see how they progress as the weeks go...

Your right. It's already down to the Colts and Pats, thats for certain. Which would leave it to be quite a dry and nothing really to look forward to season. I don't expect a dominating game but if it does happen... Then that team should be on their way. Although with that said, this still the NFL and things can flip from heads to tails just like that.;)

Yes, the Pack have surprised everyone not just yourself GK. I'll be honest and say that I doubt we will make it to the Super Bowl this year, even though thats what Favre wants, I'll still be satisfied. It's true, the NFC may not be able to stand to the top powerhouse teams of the AFC, but the NFC has taken a leap forward on a few of last year's AFC powerhouse teams(Chargers & Saints).
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,274
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: The NFL Thread

Yes, that's why they play the games, nothing is for certain. We're sure finding that out this year in the college football season with all these crazy upsets. But from what I've seen in the NFL, I think we're seeing all the teams that will be in the playoffs already and it's only six weeks into the season so far. That makes it pretty boring for me - at least the last ten weeks of the regular season. But we'll see what happens in the playoffs.

As for the Packers, one thing's for sure. Favre won't be retiring after this season XD
 
Top