Fall - NFL Thread | Page 101 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fall NFL Thread

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I mean, the Steelers under Tomlin have never been under .500 in 14 years, 3 AFC championships, 2 superbowls. Ravens have only been under .500 twice under John Harbaugh in his 13 years (including this season), 3 AFC championships, 1 superbowl. Not sure if it's the hardest division in football as that changes year to year, obviously, but the reality is in the AFC North we play playoff football all year long in the division. That's just how it is every single year. It's why Ravens/Steelers is traditionally such a blast.

Even this year when xi0 and my teams were not a very good version of themselves they were still in the playoff mix. And the Bengals showed up as legit contenders.

NFC East has produced some good teams no doubt about it but how many years has Washington, The Giants, the Eagles, or the Cowboys been a joke? Quite a few. Surely you've heard the "NFC Least" joke before?

LaGOAT

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I mean, the Steelers under Tomlin have never been under .500 in 14 years, 3 AFC championships, 2 superbowls. Ravens have only been under .500 twice under John Harbaugh in his 13 years (including this season), 3 AFC championships, 1 superbowl. Not sure if it's the hardest division in football as that changes year to year, obviously, but the reality is in the AFC North we play playoff football all year long in the division. That's just how it is every single year. It's why Ravens/Steelers is traditionally such a blast.

Even this year when xi0 and my teams were not a very good version of themselves they were still in the playoff mix. And the Bengals showed up as legit contenders.

NFC East has produced some good teams no doubt about it but how many years has Washington, The Giants, the Eagles, or the Cowboys been a joke? Quite a few. Surely you've heard the "NFC Least" joke before?
I’m not questioning this year

In nfl history it’s not question the nfc east is the best division.

Nfc least joke was because of 2019/20 that about it but it ain’t the least anymore lol

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Depends on how you measure it, I guess, they are the division with the most superbowl wins total. So in that sense I can't disagree.

But in terms of being competitive year to year and being the hardest division in football. I see that as being the AFC north, usually. Historically I can't say though since my football fandom only goes back so far.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Ur cherry picking too I said best division in nfl history. I look at as only division that every1 has a ring also and the losses from Brady as been from the nfc east. the past 10 seasons every team has made the playoffs muitlple times me meanwhile the afc north had that once.
You said "the most competitive in the league", so that has to take recent history into account too. The records just don't back that up at all, regardless of who Brady has lost to. The teams in that division are more often than not one and done in the postseason. They're rarely making it into the playoffs outside of the division winner. Yes, every team in the division has been to multiple Super Bowls and they've all won it at least once, they're accomplished historically. But acting like that has much to do with the last 25+ years of NFC East football is nonsense IMO. No one but fans of teams in the NFC East would ever say that division is the most competitive in the league, and that's hardcore cope.

gnut

Reaction score
Country
United States
Kinda what I said...better worded xD

How many 8-8s were there that won the division in last 20yrs :lmao

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Kinda what I said...better worded xD

How many 8-8s were there that won the division in last 20yrs :lmao
Funnily enough, never. If you look at the last 10 years, aside from that 7-9 season they do have 3 seasons where the division winner was 9-7 though.

gnut

Reaction score
Country
United States
Funnily enough, never. If you look at the last 10 years, aside from that 7-9 season they do have 3 seasons where the division winner was 9-7 though.
I was giving benefit of doubt by saying 8-8 lol

I know romo had a couple 10 win seasons...but that division champs always seem 500ish.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I know romo had a couple 10 win seasons...but that division champs always seem 500ish.
Not necessarily, but it does happen often and when it doesn't they don't go anywhere in the playoffs. A lot of that can be blamed on the Cowboys though... but that doesn't do anything to discount the fact that the division is lower-tier.

gnut

Reaction score
Country
United States
Not necessarily, but it does happen often and when it doesn't they don't go anywhere in the playoffs. A lot of that can be blamed on the Cowboys though... but that doesn't do anything to discount the fact that the division is lower-tier.
I'd put some blame on Redskins too...pretty much a laughingstock in this Snyder era...like werent you a Redskin fan if not for the Ravens?

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I'd put some blame on Redskins too...pretty much a laughingstock in this Snyder era...like werent you a Redskin fan if not for the Ravens?
I meant blaming the Cowboys as in them putting together seasons with good records but flopping in the playoffs. Washington has just been total shit for that entire timespan really.

Me? Redskins...fan? Go %$^# yourself.... :gnut /jk

No, my father and his father had season tickets for the Baltimore Colts, there's no fucking way anyone in my family would have been caught dead rooting for the Redskins. Jack Kent Cooke (with his buddy Tagliabue) went out of his way to keep an expansion team out of Baltimore. He and his entire family line can rot in hell. The only DC-area team anyone with any sense up here follows and wouldn't feel like a douchebag rooting for are the Terps since it's the state school.

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
You said "the most competitive in the league", so that has to take recent history into account too. The records just don't back that up at all, regardless of who Brady has lost to. The teams in that division are more often than not one and done in the postseason. They're rarely making it into the playoffs outside of the division winner. Yes, every team in the division has been to multiple Super Bowls and they've all won it at least once, they're accomplished historically. But acting like that has much to do with the last 25+ years of NFC East football is nonsense IMO. No one but fans of teams in the NFC East would ever say that division is the most competitive in the league, and that's hardcore cope.
U assumed I was just talking about recent history when I meant overall history. U can account to recent that’s fine. U just don’t want me bring the overall history

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
U assumed I was just talking about recent history when I meant overall history. U can account to recent that’s fine. U just don’t want me bring the overall history
The points you made in your initial reply to @gnut were only about recent history while saying it's the most competitive division, so I'm still a bit confused as to what kind of reply you would expect?

I'm not in denial of the historical significance of the teams in that division. I'm just not going to be in denial about their present mediocrity either.

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
The points you made in your initial reply to @gnut were only about recent history while saying it's the most competitive division, so I'm still a bit confused as to what kind of reply you would expect?

I'm not in denial of the historical significance of the teams in that division. I'm just not going to be in denial about their present mediocrity either.
Which was replying to nfl history maybe u misunderstood what I meant

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Whelp. This is going about as expected.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
The way that Cowboys-49ers game ended was just astonishingly hilarious
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

QB Draw with 14 seconds left and no timeouts. It actually going for a chunk of yards worked against them since Dak didn't give the ball to the Umpire before putting it down. So he snapped the ball with 1 second left and spiked it to end the game. :lmao

Sanity Check

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

The way that Cowboys-49ers game ended was just astonishingly hilarious

QB Draw with 14 seconds left and no timeouts. It actually going for a chunk of yards worked against them since Dak didn't give the ball to the Umpire before putting it down. So he snapped the ball with 1 second left and spiked it to end the game. :lmao

Its so astonishingly common for NFL players to not know the rules of their game.

"This is why they get paid the big bucks."

:toc

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

Makes me wonder if that was really Belichick going full luddite grandpa or some Machiavellian ploy to get back at the Giants for beating him twice in the Super Bowl lmao

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Haha. I feel like "Thanks Bill" is going to be a meme.

Reactions: xi0

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Now that you mention it, that plus it being Daboll gives him plausible deniability since he's been on Belichick's staff before as well.

I think there's a general mystique that kind of surrounds Belichick and how he operates and maybe some people give him too much credit, but jesus christ if it doesn't look intentional here.

Wow, that's also spicy as hell....

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
Rooney rule is stupid they should just remove it