Discussion - Official Dragon Slayers Thread | Page 23 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

GL_Nova

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think second Generation have Dragon Force,i personally believe it(the scales) is similar to Gajeel when he grew Dragon scales in his fight against Natsu

Mashima has stated in the manga that First and Third Gen have DF,so if Second Gen has it why didn't he outright say it like the other two,the only possible explanation is they don't have DF.
That’s all you got bro? It happened before we got a real description of it.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
That’s all you got bro? It happened before we got a real description of it.
Nuh bro they don't have DF,if the manga clearly states they have DF please show me the exact panel.

GL_Nova

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nuh bro they don't have DF,if the manga clearly states they have DF please show me the exact panel.
If the manga clearly states where they don’t have it, please show me the exact panel.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
If the manga clearly states where they don’t have it, please show me the exact panel.
I already told all the points,Mashima already said First and third Gen have DF but not second.

Their scales are very similar to Gajeel when he ate iron.

GL_Nova

Reaction score
Country
United States
I already told all the points,Mashima already said First and third Gen have DF but not second.

Their scales are very similar to Gajeel when he ate iron.
1) Mashima answering questions about 1st and 2nd gen Slayers DF isn’t the same as him saying other generations don’t have it.

2) How is the fact that Gajeel has scales, which is the entire essence of Steel dragon magic (ie: transforming his body into their steel scales and transforming those steel scales into weapons.) the same as Laxus transformation and power boost at the end of the Fighting Festival arc? I’ll even help you out and argue we see Cobra do it so often because his dragon poison is being created and dispersed by his scales. Which would of course mean his DS magic works exactly like Gajeel’s and the scales are necessary.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
1) Mashima answering questions about 1st and 2nd gen Slayers DF isn’t the same as him saying other generations don’t have it.

2) How is the fact that Gajeel has scales, which is the entire essence of Steel dragon magic (ie: transforming his body into their steel scales and transforming those steel scales into weapons.) the same as Laxus transformation and power boost at the end of the Fighting Festival arc? I’ll even help you out and argue we see Cobra do it so often because his dragon poison is being created and dispersed by his scales. Which would of course mean his DS magic works exactly like Gajeel’s and the scales are necessary.
The mechanism seems similar to me,both of their power increased after their scales or tattoo was shown.Laxus's case he started using DS magic after regular magic.Also both Makarov and Brain called second Gen as fake Dragon Slayers.

But any rate no second Gen has ever shown DF until now.I personally don't think they will ever show it.I believe only those who directly received DS Magic from a Dragon will ever show DF.This is also probably the reason why they are the ones at risk of turning into a Dragon, second Gen has never been stated to be at risk.That's my view on this theory.

GL_Nova

Reaction score
Country
United States
The mechanism seems similar to me,both of their power increased after their scales or tattoo was shown.Laxus's case he started using DS magic after regular magic.Also both Makarov and Brain called second Gen as fake Dragon Slayers.

But any rate no second Gen has ever shown DF until now.I personally don't think they will ever show it.I believe only those who directly received DS Magic from a Dragon will ever show DF.This is also probably the reason why they are the ones at risk of turning into a Dragon, second Gen has never been stated to be at risk.That's my view on this theory.
That’s only if your completely ignore the fact he literally explains his magic is based on turning his skin to iron dragon scales. An that even in his transformed form DF was distinguished from what he regularly has. An that Laxus isn’t shown to continuously transform and grow scales every time he cast DS magic.

An that’s fine, but less supported by the story than my assumption. An there was never any specialized statement that G2 wasn’t threatened. An based on what has been shown in the sequal anybody who manages to learn DS magic is at risk. An every old DS we have met has in fact been a dragon. With the exception of Raizen so far. I’m not seeing a strong case for it not being DF.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Whether or not G2 can use Dragon Force isn't so much of an issue for me as being consistent. IMO if the G2 dragon scales can't be used as an indicator for Dragon Force, then neither can Gajeel's scales that he used against Bloodman. It gets really messy if we start picking and choosing. IMO, they should either all be DF on the basis of scales and a power-boost. Or they should not be considered DF unless explicitly referenced as such.

I know that there was comments about how Gajeel was always lagging behind with references to Wendy's dragon force, but that's not conclusive enough for me. This could be interpreted as Gajeel lagging behind in general.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Let's talk about Dragon Slayers

Do you like them or not? And say why.

What are some DS powers you wish happened?

What are some Dual elements we should've seen?

What is the Power Ranking for the DS? Is Wendy above the Twin Dragons? Is Cobra Fodder? Can Gajeel compete with Laxus?

Everything DS related happens here.

Hana Maria

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
I will answer all these questions:

I like some of them (wendy, laxus, cobra, natsu)
Water dragon slayer magic!💙🌊💧
Water Sky Dragon Mode 🌊🌬
Lightning Sky Dragon Mode ⚡🌬
Poison Fire Dragon Mode ⚗🔥
What is the Power Ranking for the DS? Is Wendy above the Twin Dragons? Is Cobra Fodder? Can Gajeel compete with Laxus?
Power ranking:
1> Laxus💛
2> Natsu ❤
3> Gajeel 💚
4> Wendy 💜
5> Sting 💙
6> Cobra 💖
7> Rogue 🖤

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I will answer all these questions:

I like some of them (wendy, laxus, cobra, natsu)

Water dragon slayer magic!💙🌊💧

Water Sky Dragon Mode 🌊🌬
Lightning Sky Dragon Mode ⚡🌬
Poison Fire Dragon Mode ⚗🔥

Power ranking:
1> Laxus💛
2> Natsu ❤
3> Gajeel 💚
4> Wendy 💜
5> Sting 💙
6> Cobra 💖
7> Rogue 🖤
I agree with everything you said, Those dual elements wouldve been so sick.

I wouldve prefered Earth Dragon slayer magic or A Nature DS tbh.

Hana Maria

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
I agree with everything you said, Those dual elements wouldve been so sick.

I wouldve prefered Earth Dragon slayer magic or A Nature DS tbh.
I agree! That would've been pretty cool!

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
  1. Acnologia - Badass Slayer of Dragons
  2. Irene - Badass Enchantress
  3. God Serena - So cool
  4. Natsu - Funny and has his badass moments
  5. Laxus - Badass dude with an awesome coat
  6. Skullion - Stop tryna eat people
  7. Madmole/Gajeel - Meh
  8. Gajeel/Madmole - Mellow
  9. Kiria - Started off cool, but end up disappointing and stop tryna eat people
  10. Wraith - Same as Kiria
  11. Sting - Natsu but smarter
  12. Wendy - The Prodigy of DS
  13. Rogue - Feels like the less popular and emo Sting
  14. Cobra - Boring
Not ranking PoF Natsu.

No, Gajeel would get low diffed by Laxus.

Cobra is like Freed tier and that's being generous seeing as Freed has gotten recent feats while Cobra hasn't.

Dual Elements
  • Poison Sky
  • Sky Sage
  • White Lightning
  • Lightning Sea
  • Lightning Sky
  • Sky Flame
  • Cavern Shadow
  • Ocean Sky
I wish God Serena's and Sage DS magic were shown more :notlikethis

A Light Dragon Slayer and Gravity Dragon Slayer would be cool.

Last edited:

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
  1. Acnologia
  2. Irene
  3. God Serena
  4. Natsu
  5. Laxus
  6. Skullion
  7. Madmole/Gajeel
  8. Gajeel/Madmole
  9. Kiria
  10. Sting
  11. Wendy
  12. Rogue
  13. Cobra
Not ranking PoF Natsu.

No, Gajeel would get low diffed by Laxus.

Cobra is like Freed tier and that's being generous seeing as Freed has gotten recent feats while Cobra hasn't.

Dual Elements
  • Poison Sky
  • Sky Sage
  • White Lightning
  • Lightning Sea
  • Lightning Sky
  • Sky Flame
  • Cavern Shadow
  • Ocean Sky
I wish God Serena's and Sage DS magic were shown more :notlikethis

A Light Dragon Slayer and Gravity Dragon Slayer would be cool.
My thoughts:

Switch Natsu and Laxus since you've excluded Plotsu.

Damn Rogue over Cobra....Harsh 😂😂😂

Wtf is Sage DS 🤔🤔🤔

Is there a difference between Ocean and Sea with your Dual-elements?

I thought Stings white DS was considered to be Light? 🤔🤔

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
My thoughts:

Switch Natsu and Laxus since you've excluded Plotsu.

Damn Rogue over Cobra....Harsh 😂😂😂

Wtf is Sage DS 🤔🤔🤔

Is there a difference between Ocean and Sea with your Dual-elements?

I thought Stings white DS was considered to be Light? 🤔🤔
Natsu still has DF pocket even w/o PoF. But this might change form me with the upcoming battles.

Rogue has better feats and had fests in Alvarez lol.

Exactly. I assume it has to do with nature energy and enchantments.

No, the names just sounded better lol.

It's more Holy and White than Light, but it can encompass white since it's light. I want an actual user of Light in a creative way like LS attacks.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Sure. So far every character that has been a dragon or dragon slayer has been interesting.

I would have liked to see Natsu's half dragonized form and dragon force for all the dragon slayers when they fought Acnologia.

I've always liked the idea of Poison and Sky dragon slaying mixing, seeing as their abilities are somewhat opposites.

Do I count the dragons? Because every dragon is technically capable of dragon slaying magic. I'm going to assume we're excluding the dragons so all the human dragon slayers ranked would be something like:

1) Acnologia
2) Natsu
3) Irene
4) Laxus
3) Skullion
5) Gajeel/Madmole/Kyria
6) ---
7) ---
8) God Serena
9) Wraith/Sting/Rogue
10) ---
11) ---
12) Nebal/Cobra/Wendy
13) ---
14) ---

I'm counting every version of the character with an external boost to their magic power. So power of emotions and dragon force is fair game. Sting's WSD is technically a power-up with Rogue's power, so I excluded it. It's on Gajeel's level for those that are wondering. I'm also fairly certain that Elfseria is probably some top tier mage given that he can transform into a dragon like Irene.

Last edited:

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Sure. So far every character that has been a dragon or dragon slayer has been interesting.

I would have liked to see Natsu's half dragonized form and dragon force for all the dragon slayers when they fought Acnologia.

I've always liked the idea of Poison and Sky dragon slaying mixing, seeing as their abilities are somewhat opposites.

Do I count the dragons? Because every dragon is technically capable of dragon slaying magic. I'm going to assume we're excluding the dragons so all the human dragon slayers ranked would be something like:

1) Acnologia
2) Natsu
3) Irene
4) Laxus
3) Skullion
5) WSD Sting/Gajeel/Madmole/Kyria/God Serena
6) ---
7) ---
8) ---
10) ---
11) Wraith/Nebal/Rogue/Cobra
12) ---
13) ---
14) ---
15) Wendy

I'm also fairly certain that Elfseria is probably some top tier mage given that he can transform into a dragon like Irene.
Wait why is Natsu ahead of Irene and Laxus?? Are you putting them at strongest?

Damn Wendy last...........

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Wait why is Natsu ahead of Irene and Laxus?? Are you putting them at strongest?

Damn Wendy last...........
My standard was anything that was not an external boost to their magic power was fair game. So Natsu's raging flames of emotion and dragon force were considered, which edges out Irene.

I've revised my list a little. I'm not entirely certain on how Wendy ranks against people like Nebal and Cobra but I don't see the difference as being particularly large, so I've put them into one tier. Nebal and Cobra probably also don't belong in the same level as Wraith, so I've split them into another another group.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
My standard was anything that was not an external boost to their magic power was fair game. So Natsu's raging flames of emotion and dragon force were considered, which edges out Irene.

I've revised my list a little. I'm not entirely certain on how Wendy ranks against people like Nebal and Cobra but I don't see the difference as being particularly large, so I've put them into one tier. Nebal and Cobra probably also don't belong in the same level as Wraith, so I've split them into another another group.
But like FoE took like 14 chapters to activate and Natsu needs a heavy PoF boost before he can go into DF. Irene and Laxus could beat him before going into it.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
But like FoE took like 14 chapters to activate and Natsu needs a heavy PoF boost before he can go into DF. Irene and Laxus could beat him before going into it.
No it didn't. That's silly. It just takes Natsu a certain emotional state to activate. Just because the fight lasted 15 or so chapters doesn't mean it takes 15 chapters to use an attack. That's like saying that it took Irene 11 chapters to activate her dragon form and swing her claws because she started fighting Erza in chapter 507 and took until 518 to enter her dragon form.

Could Irene and Laxus beat Natsu before he works up the emotions necessary to overpower them? Possibly. But those are scenarios. I'm just interested in who is the most powerful.