Discussion - Official Rachel Discussion Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Official Rachel Discussion Thread

What do you think of Rachel?

• Total voters

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Probably the most discussed character right now. She always seemed like a kindhearted person and took care of Baam for a long time so everyone was surprised when she

betrayed Baam.

What are your thoughts about her? Was she a cruel/calculating person right from the start or did the tower changed her? What could be the reasons for her recent action?

zelllogan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I think it's still too early because her decision doesn't make any sense. Baam is special and could help her reaching the top of the tower. Of course, now she gains the support of the whole group but IMO, everyone was already willing to join Baam anyways. Plus, in previous chapters, she does show that she care for Baam. So, I just don't understand why she did it.

ErosVp

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I don't know why I just believe in waht Headon said! I seems she did that out of jealousy and I trully believe she is rotten inside! I will bet my cents on that...

Host Samurai

Reaction score
Country
Germany
She is shrouded in mysteries, that it makes for us readers hard to judge her. But apparently Headon was spot on concerning her true nature because Hwa Ryu was also able to see through her. So I think that she is indeed a bad person otherwise hee words wouldn't make any sense. 'Forget about me, so that I can be reborn'... This heavily indicates that she wants to change herself and have a fresh start. That could also mean that she did things in the past that were really bad.

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I think it's still too early because her decision doesn't make any sense. Baam is special and could help her reaching the top of the tower. Of course, now she gains the support of the whole group but IMO, everyone was already willing to join Baam anyways. Plus, in previous chapters, she does show that she care for Baam. So, I just don't understand why she did it.
Maybe, maybe not. It seems to me that she is quite the good actress. Perhaps there were times in the past when she really did care about Baam, but that seems to change ever since she had the wish of climbing the tower, even more when Baam was more.. 'expected' than her. ^^;

She is shrouded in mysteries, that it makes for us readers hard to judge her. But apparently Headon was spot on concerning her true nature because Hwa Ryu was also able to see through her. So I think that she is indeed a bad person otherwise hee words wouldn't make any sense. 'Forget about me, so that I can be reborn'... This heavily indicates that she wants to change herself and have a fresh start. That could also mean that she did things in the past that were really bad.
Makes sense. Indeed, that kind of sentence is said when someone wants to abandon his past and start anew. I think perhaps Lahel did something terrible in the past, and when she saw Baam she wanted to help him but one day Baam reminded her of her sins, therefore she tried to push him away.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I don't know why I just believe in waht Headon said! I seems she did that out of jealousy and I trully believe she is rotten inside! I will bet my cents on that...
Rotten inside? Now that seems to be a bit harsh, if Rachel isn't a perfect actress she definitely has her good sides as well. She took care of Baam, if she didn't he wouldn't even be able to speak. I doubt that she ever planned for him to conquer the tower so there's nothing she could gain by helping him.

Looking at the latest comments of SIE:

He says that she will most likely be an Anti-Hero, maybe kinda similar to Sasuke. She has her good sides as well but is willing to sacrifice everything to accomplish her goal.

Makes sense. Indeed, that kind of sentence is said when someone wants to abandon his past and start anew. I think perhaps Lahel did something terrible in the past, and when she saw Baam she wanted to help him but one day Baam reminded her of her sins, therefore she tried to push him away.
Good point, Rachel still is a huge mystery. We don't know why she is so focused on seeing the stars or if that is her real reason in the first place. She seems so desperate about it that I'm pretty sure there's more about it, most likely because of what happened to her in the past.

To push him away because of her sins doesn't make that much sense to me, as I see it she is just using him as a method to climb the tower. The recent chapter will give us some answers (I guess) as it looks like

she made a deal with Headon, who seems to be the mastermind behind the case.

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Not only that, it seems as if she was assisted along the path with such attention from the other administrators/directors. I truly wonder what they wanted; I don't think they are targeting Baam in specific, but maybe Baam just go in their way...

Another question. Is she Lahel/Rachel or Michelle Light? Those two names are a bit far apart and I wonder which one is the true name.

Host Samurai

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Not only that, it seems as if she was assisted along the path with such attention from the other administrators/directors. I truly wonder what they wanted; I don't think they are targeting Baam in specific, but maybe Baam just go in their way...

Another question. Is she Lahel/Rachel or Michelle Light? Those two names are a bit far apart and I wonder which one is the true name.
The recent chapter just answered your question. Headon himself contacted Yu Hansung and let him know about Baam.

Lahel is her true name. She probably took the name of Michelle Light in order not to attract Baam's attention, that name is nothing more then a pseudonym.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany

well Headon gave her "Akryung", who seems to be very strong. Now Hansung says she will "steal" her anything (teammates, strength, etc.) Rachel needs. The focus lies on steal, there's a good chance that getting rid of Baam was (partly) meant to get Rachel loyal teammates. This further means that she intends to not give but steal everything Rachel needs, I wonder how she will steal the rights and strength.
For now I'm pretty sure that they especially targeted Baam.

The recent chapter just answered your question. Headon himself contacted Yu Hansung and let him know about Baam.

Lahel is her true name. She probably took the name of Michelle Light in order not to attract Baam's attention, that name is nothing more then a pseudonym.
we don't know what exactly Headon told her, only that he informed her about Rachel and Akryung.

Yeah I think the same but my guess is that it's not just for Baam but for other people as well, maybe there are more people in the tower who know her?

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I wonder how she will steal the rights and strength.
Seems to me know that the strength she talked about came from her supporters, "friends", who are Baam's as well. Everyone has always seen them together, and they knew about what happened between them. I do wonder how Koon would react if he found out what Rachel did to Baam. ^^;

Yeah I think the same but my guess is that it's not just for Baam but for other people as well, maybe there are more people in the tower who know her?
That relates to her past, which would be very interesting to know, IMO. I do have the feeling that she is not a complete stranger of the tower; perhaps there is someone waiting for her or helping her. Maybe the stars she talked about is not really stars but a code of someone. :P

*imagination runs too wild, so I'll stop here :XD*

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
Well SIU wrote last week that her relation with Baam is more complicated than it seems at the moment. When she says that he stole everything from her, there is probably a part of truth that explains her betrayal. Although I doubt Baam did it consciously and she should know it. In the last chapters, it seems to me that she was not completely happy with what she did and has probably remorses.
What I'm curious about is what Headon and Hansung saw in her that is worth making all that complicate plan.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I skimmed through the manwha a bit (looks like I need to reread it, forgot so much XD) and found two interesting passages about Lahel.

The first one:

Looks like Rachel was attacked while they stayed in that underground place. I have absolutely no clue from whom though, Baam or Rachel never mentioned anything so all we have is this brief memory of Baam >__< maybe that's another reason why she wanted to climb the tower so desperately?

The second one:
(sorry for the bad quality, I hope everyone can read it)

she talks about the true night and mentions the Night we fear. Could this be a hint to the things she mentioned last chapter? Maybe the attack on her in my first pic and this night she talks about are connected?

The only thing I know is that we still don't know much about the the two of them XD

Host Samurai

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I skimmed through the manwha a bit (looks like I need to reread it, forgot so much XD) and found two interesting passages about Lahel.

The first one:

Looks like Rachel was attacked while they stayed in that underground place. I have absolutely no clue from whom though, Baam or Rachel never mentioned anything so all we have is this brief memory of Baam >__< maybe that's another reason why she wanted to climb the tower so desperately?

The second one:
(sorry for the bad quality, I hope everyone can read it)

she talks about the true night and mentions the Night we fear. Could this be a hint to the things she mentioned last chapter? Maybe the attack on her in my first pic and this night she talks about are connected?

The only thing I know is that we still don't know much about the the two of them XD
I remember that too. But couldn't find it anywhere xD. Well, to me it looks like she was taken by someone by force against her will. Looking at the picture closely it's also part of Baam's memory, which makes him involved in that incident too. For now we don't know if Baam successfully managed to protect Rachel at that time but if he indeed was successful to protect her then. This could very well explain to some extent as to, why she was afraid of the night=Baam due to him probably killing that man. A feat, which was unthinkable for Rachel at that time.

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Only thing i know is she is damn annoying, How in the world she became the best seed is a mystery. Not to mention she can sacrifice anything to climb the tower, which is OK but she has nothing in her to make her a good character. neither is she useful, she was Pathetic in the hide nd seek test

Bhoot

Reaction score
Country
India
Well , the only thing that I can say right now is that Baam is most probably alive and this was all pre planned by the 1st lvl guardian ( with help of this floors guardian) . He purposely made it so that Baam would seem dead . This way Baam can climb the tower w/o interference from the Rankers . This way , Baam realized what a heartless butch Rachel is . This way Baam will have a stronger motive for climbing the tower , this way something prophesized will happen .

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I remember that too. But couldn't find it anywhere xD. Well, to me it looks like she was taken by someone by force against her will. Looking at the picture closely it's also part of Baam's memory, which makes him involved in that incident too. For now we don't know if Baam successfully managed to protect Rachel at that time but if he indeed was successful to protect her then. This could very well explain to some extent as to, why she was afraid of the night=Baam due to him probably killing that man. A feat, which was unthinkable for Rachel at that time.
Interesting theory there, maybe he unleashed even more power back then in comparison to the Crown Game. I guess Rachel knows a lot more about Baam than we do.

Only thing i know is she is damn annoying, How in the world she became the best seed is a mystery. Not to mention she can sacrifice anything to climb the tower, which is OK but she has nothing in her to make her a good character. neither is she useful, she was Pathetic in the hide nd seek test
What do you mean with best seed? :headscratch
but I kinda agree, so far Rachel seems rather pathetic because she didn't show us any (impressive) skills yet, it seem like everything is just given to her by the will of Headon.

Well , the only thing that I can say right now is that Baam is most probably alive and this was all pre planned by the 1st lvl guardian ( with help of this floors guardian) . He purposely made it so that Baam would seem dead . This way Baam can climb the tower w/o interference from the Rankers . This way , Baam realized what a heartless butch Rachel is . This way Baam will have a stronger motive for climbing the tower , this way something prophesized will happen .
hmm but other Rankers would know about him to or wouldn't they? It doesn't really matter if he's traveling with Rachel or not, if Headon hadn't informed Yu Hansung about Baam being an irregular there's a good chance that things would have went more fluently (assuming Hansung didn't know it herself). For me it seems Headon plans something larger we can't think of yet.

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
What do you mean with best seed? :headscratch
but I kinda agree, so far Rachel seems rather pathetic because she didn't show us any (impressive) skills yet, it seem like everything is just given to her by the will of Headon.
think she was the best seed in the Light bearers classes
remember when they divided ppl into classes they selected a best seed for the class or sth
my memory is hazy so i can say for sure

salvatore022

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
i dont know why so many people voted'' it is still too early to judge her'' but i am guesing they havent seen the chapter where she is laughing in her room alone....

Monsterguy

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Slovenia
i dont know why so many people voted'' it is still too early to judge her'' but i am guesing they havent seen the chapter where she is laughing in her room alone....
I know right...:fail

But I voted like that because SIU said that Rachel was his favorite character, and this is SIU we are talking about(with him you never know what to expect from such statements)...:XD

PS: At the end it might just be that Rachel was so frightened/scared she might have snapped/broke from everything, at the end of first season, when she almost killed Baam. Later with that laughter SIU as he is, might have intentionally shown her like that, why deception is his strong point, and what I also like from Tower of God the most.

Last edited:

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
btw do you guys think rachel is behind the bounty who tried to kill koon in the latest chap?