On Break One Piece Chapter 1194 Discussion

Ketimatsu

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2008
Messages
302
Reaction score
346
Age
39
Gender
Hidden
Country
Brazil
I guess this is one of these moments, where you have to come with your own framing to say to everyone you are right, and everyone is wrong....

That is just a matter of how you use words, but Haki is willpower, well probably the best English translation we have of it. And what you say at the beginning goes exactly in that direction, Sanji and Zoro lack some expression of it because their willpower falter. And that makes perfectly sense.
But then yeah, that's not the end of it, cause as you explain the manifestation of this willpower comes in different forms and that is limited, stamina. But again, that can perfectly fall into "willpower" connected to mental energy, maintening your willpower actively drains you mentally.

But no worries, to be sure: I don't disagree with what you just said. Just this need to assert your own expertise/frame.. I think many people use willpower and still perfectly understand Haki.
 

Hannibal Psyche

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
8,159
Reaction score
9,224
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Do appreciate you not answering to the last comment, me being new to comment here.

That out of the way I've got a few points:
1) Let's leaving the romantic bit there - I don't think Zoro will leave some person hurting kids and families alone - it's not his way - we say in Wano
2) Zoro's natural fk everything I will persevere started from Thriller Bark
3) Zoro surerly understands that Imu is still back there with Luffy and Loki
4) Zoro believes in Sanji, they are bros
5) We don't know to the end how Pentagrams (edit here) work
6) Sanji ?

Share your thoughts please

P.S I just don't understand how you guys through Manga haven't seen the strings and knots of this C Haki being there on Wano, andnow we are talking about their development...
Apologies, must have missed it.

Zoro will probably try to kill him, I just don't know if Oda will allow for a God Knight to die here. If 2 God Knights die, that would be a major loss to the WG. I don't think there are even replacements for these 2 if they go down here.
Then you also have the possibility that if we assume 2 GKs get killed, Gunko could be a 3rd death in theory - the WG losing 3 major sources of their military?
I think they will be defeated or be forced to retreat.

Sommers is someone that has been around since God Valley which was 38 years ago? A death here wouldn't be justified imo, it seems too ordinary. I would more see this as the introduction between the SHs and the GKs, and then in the final battle, we will get a conclusion.
I think Sommers and Killingham definitely get defeated - I imagine Gunko would be taken captive back to Mariejoa and Imu will punish her - this would make Brook want to go to Mariejoa, this is also a good additional way to build on the rivalry between Luffy and Imu - Luffy tends to be motivated by the feelings of his friends, and Gunko (Princess Shuri) being someone special to Brook will be another motivator.
There is almost no arc in the series where the villain is defeated without being some sort of antagonist or enemy of his friends - Luffy's friend's feelings are ultimately what motivate his actions.

Gunko did say earlier in the arc that they could teleport via the Pentagram, but the Giants kids can't since they aren't Knights, so it does serve as an escape route that might potentially come into play.

The WG coming to Elbaph is also to acquire additional power since the Shichibukai system is gone, and they're feeling the loss of this power. They're so desperate that Imu(WG) went to Elbaph even though he was too scared to do so when Harold died. Imu (WG) is desperate, they are low on strength. Unless Oda will resolve the death of 2-3 God Knights with maybe an alliance with Blackbeard, even then, the loss of 2 GKs is still a huge blow even if they had the alliance of an Emperor.

I may be wrong, but it is just how I see things possibly developing. It can go in so many ways, but fundamentally, I don't know if their deaths here would be justified. Defeat? I can see it? Retreat? I can see it, I think it is necessary in conclusion to fight another day.
 

shailks

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
1,114
Reaction score
1,546
Gender
Male
Country
India
is this a break week?
 

Federicoxxx

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 10, 2008
Messages
5,638
Reaction score
3,136
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
is this a break week?
YUP- ODA'S BREAK
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Guess he's simply unfit to wield that sword. He's from Shepard (sorry if it's wrong, I forgot how to write this) family just like one of Gorosei, right? Gram would be probably better used by that Gorosei. He would deffinetly know how use its power to the max. Since Sommers dosen't seem to know how to do it you could say that Imu basicaly gave fancy toy to baby who dosen't know how to play with it. I feel like this will be a reason for his death. Well, at least partly.
I think he kinda did... ONCE.. the first time it was showcased... now he is just using it along his spikes...but i can't see any explosion.. on this chapter you can even see how he added spikes to it, like a spiked club, but that's its.. what a waste...

I tought i was goin to see a 1000 times better version of Mr5 and Ganzui combined.. How a power alike the Bomu Bomu will be at 100%.

Cmon men... not even the spikes he launched explode!?...
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,285
Reaction score
24,919
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Something that to me seems a bit odd is that the number of followers Imu has does not seem to match the number of ancient kings that kneeled to him. The world government was founded by 20 kings. Imu is one of them which means means the other 19 became his followers. Except for nefertari lily who bailed which left 18 followers. Now, the throne actually has exactly 19 blades. I suppose that means imu's weapon is there at the throne and nefertari's is missing? Or is it the other way around and nefertari's weapon is there and only imu's is missing? It feels like when imu draws his personal weapon it should be special compared to the others.
 
Top