Chapter One Piece Chapter 936 Discussion / 937 Predictions

nik87

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
If the guy Zoro is fighting at the bridge is a parallel to the battle at the bridge with Benkei vs Yoshitsune, then it's basically a given that this guy will be Zoro's follower when he defeats him. I am interested to see if his weapon collection has anything worth to pick Zoro's interest.
We speculated about Zoro becoming sword collector possibly but unless there is a very good reason to leave Shusui rest where it belongs I dont see him getting more swords or replacing any of his current. 2nd generation Kitetsu's whereabouts are still unknown and hopefully, Oda goes back to that and explains what happened after Luffy disrespected the Club.

I dont know whats the point of hiding Kawamatsu's face but I guess Oda has a good reason for it. Denjiro, Kamazou the Manslayer and Witching Hour Boy still have to make their appearance so there is plenty of story to happen before the festival.

Raizo's reaction to keys was pretty funny. One interesting thing Kawamatsu pointed out was that the cell is so rusted that even if he finds the keys it may not unlock and this is something that I can see Big Meme being able to help with, she will just break the cell apart lol. Hopefully Raizo can unlock the chains then. :toc

Luffy is hinting at beating down Queen but Queen is very confident in his actions. Anyway, even if he manages to beat Queen, the question is how much can he injure him within sumo ring area, probably not much. Also, I wanna see if Kidd really escaped or faked his escape. Another good point that was brought up is that Raizo possibly has keys to Caribou's cuffs. Another thing I am interested in is how Queen's mechanical arm fits into his full Zoan form. :hmm

Lexusflame

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was thinking that but I genuinely hate that possibility. Its as if his fetish was to specifically be creepy and he does get off from consensual nudity....
He almost legit died just looking at mermaids and there was no nudity involved.... I think he just has a "sexy woman" fetish

King Moe

Reaction score
Country
United States
He almost legit died just looking at mermaids and there was no nudity involved.... I think he just has a "sexy woman" fetish
Well to be fair, Sanji was on a island for 2 years with no women at all and was with all the 'horror' of Okamas in their glory as well running away from him. It make sense why he getting back adjusting himself to seeing women again on Fishman Island and later on. Can't really blame his pervy side as much as before when he been through 'Hell' for that long.

Lexusflame

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well to be fair, Sanji was on a island for 2 years with no women at all and was with all the 'horror' of Okamas in their glory as well running away from him. It make sense why he getting back adjusting himself to seeing women again on Fishman Island and later on. Can't really blame his pervy side as much as before when he been through 'Hell' for that long.
I prefer Sanji to have a woman fetish over him being a creep

Pea

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Estonia
It's a good point yeah except that we know that they havent been fed. Yasu said he is starving after Sanji left Ebisu village so he wasnt fed.
I see, so you were referring to chapter 935. I thought you meant before that.

Well, all I can is he probably didn't have enough food to begin with at that time.

And 99 recipes neutralizing poison is only a speculation, so I still fail to recognize Sanji's situation as bad writing.

But well, you're free to disagree.

slavkovski

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
so it is confirmed that law crew mates are bunch of weakling? i mean those 3 are his 3 top crew mates right?
zoro and sanji wont ever got captured like them unless if the one who captured them are one of the three calamity or kaido himself...
and also.. beppo are in a lot of pain when he drink the water in the river but zoro say he just feel funny in his stomach for eating meats & drink from the toxic environment in wano and i always think that beppo are the 2nd in command in the heart pirates...

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
The spoilers made it seem like Sanji was just fucking off with the RS but now we know he actually gathered useful data about the Heart Pirates being used as bait to capture Law.

And did you catch that the true reason x Drake didnt go in with Hawkins was because of his nudity weakness??? I was cracking up!

Gotta call him XXX Drake lol
Sanji's been pretty useful, and now we gotta wonder what Law will do. He'll probably act calmer, especially since he's seen what happened to Luffy. Or, he could lose his shit because he does seem to love his crew, just as they love him. Either way, it'd be hilarious if Law fucked up like Luffy. Wonder if Sanji will help Law or save his ass like Law saved his on Dressrosa.

Yeah, it was hilarious and kinda odd given his age :XD
Hahahaha wonderful chapter! Queen is entertaining and Luffy calling him Balloon Guy was hilarious. Kawamatsu has a funny laugh kappa kappa! lol

Sanji!!! Atta boy! He got to live out his fantasy! So jealous! He even got an assist from Hawkins ripping the towel off Nami! Everyone was affected by the nakedness, even the geisha girl and pineapple boy. :gaw:lick

The Benkei guy Zoro is fighting looks like a Daruma doll. I think he will end up being an ally
I think Nami has the ability to turn heterosexual women and homosexual men into bisexuals :hurr
Now that we're sure Luffy's currently rubber, can't he just slip his head out of the collar cuffs? Or is he really into this training stuff going on for him?
And since Drake is part of the flying six, it's very likely he will chase Sanji by air next chapter, so Drake vs Sanji could still happen soon. But I'm confident Sanji can take him on with the suit.
I think that might have been taken into account, and any odd pressure could release the blades. Even if not, Queen could push Luffy off for trying to get the collar off. Though, theoretically he should be able to slip out, but then again so could any logia or paramecia who can change their body shape.
so it is confirmed that law crew mates are bunch of weakling? i mean those 3 are his 3 top crew mates right?
Not really, not yet.

nik87

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
If Jaimini got the translation of last page right, does that mean that Benkei guy is descendant of Ryuma?
Also, who leaked the marking on the ankles? The only one I can think of is Kyoshiro. :hmm

Reactions: Pea

King Moe

Reaction score
Country
United States
I prefer Sanji to have a woman fetish over him being a creep
That wasn't him being a creep, it's natural pervy personality he has too. Surprise your coming hard on Sanji when freaking Brook asking for women's panties everyday he been on the crew and we can't forget Franky who loves being a 'pervert'. It's all gags, don't compare it to real life standards as it's for funny moments than creepy. This isn't a Seinen series lol.

thedude

Reaction score
Country
United States
I find X drake not handling woman well something cute.

Out of all Supernovas I did not expect that from him, in fact I thought that if something happened it would be with the stoic Hawkins

Its this kind of small, "unecessary" stuff that makes a character feel real.

Cofcofunlikesanjinotfeedingthepoorcofcof

I mean if he was inside the house then he saw the people
Unless yah people telling me that outside of being a pervet he is also blind.

This is also a issue for me because Newkama Kempo cuisine was made to be a big deal/part of Sanji training, and in this series of magical fruits and crazy science, its not far fetched that one of the recipes tought how to remove poison.

I am not bashing Sanji per se, I am bashing Oda's handling of him.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also Sanji is a literal sex offender now
Drake is kind of the perfect person to have that reaction, lol. He's the stuffy military guy, super masculine. But he can't handle boobs.

And yes...Sanji, not your finest moment. Perv. Lucky they don't have a metoo movement in Wano, that shit ain't right!
--- Double Post Merged, ---

That wasn't him being a creep, it's natural pervy personality he has too. Surprise your coming hard on Sanji when freaking Brook asking for women's panties everyday he been on the crew and we can't forget Franky who loves being a 'pervert'. It's all gags, don't compare it to real life standards as it's for funny moments than creepy. This isn't a Seinen series lol.
Nah, it's creepy for sure. He went invisible to watch girls in a bath. Saying "no, he's just naturally pervy" isn't really a thing that helps him here. He's naturally pervy, and he just did a creepy thing.

And at least with Brook he asks the girls to see their panties. Consent! He asks, they hit him and say no. Sanji just straight up snuck in and went invisible to watch them bathe. How is that not creepy?

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Can we move the cpt. marvel discussion with all this consent and co. to another thread?

King Moe

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nah, it's creepy for sure. He went invisible to watch girls in a bath. Saying "no, he's just naturally pervy" isn't really a thing that helps him here. He's naturally pervy, and he just did a creepy thing.

And at least with Brook he asks the girls to see their panties. Consent! He asks, they hit him and say no. Sanji just straight up snuck in and went invisible to watch them bathe. How is that not creepy?
You do realize the Sanji and others back in Alabasta also picked on the girls without their knowledge until later they found out and Nami openly show her body like it was nothing at the guy. By that logic, it was creepy for them to do that as well. Again, you guys are taking pervert gags too seriously as anyone done this before. Brook along with Kinemon and Sanji try to peeked at Robin when she is trying to bath Momosuke who the later took advantage to take sneak peaks at her body for his kid 'nature' the same way. Robin never notice on that either and speaking of Momosuke who take advantage of his kid nature to grope and up-close to the girls bodies without knowing his true intent.

Again, it's all perverted gags, not make to be taken seriously or with the girl even knowing. Nothing wrong with it since this is a fictional story and it's not the first time in anime we see so many of this. Heck, this is like minor thing compare to fanservice of other animes and certain characters who go the distances more compare to what Sanji's is doing. Also don't think Sanji knew it was mixed bathing much when he went in as like the others, he probably thought only one female side and guys aren't allowed for it.

Idk where and why your taking it to another lvl of creepy as Nami and others didn't even react to it as a negative light like that either. Just being honest with you about it. I agree with you on many things, but not this one as it's a funny gag, not meant to be taken seriously like that. Also please don't bring real life stuff like MeToo and compare it to real life situations, this is not the same nor series should be taken seriously like that either.

thedude

Reaction score
Country
United States
You do realize the Sanji and others back in Alabasta also picked on the girls without their knowledge until later they found out and Nami openly show her body like it was nothing at the guy. By that logic, it was creepy for them to do that as well. Again, you guys are taking pervert gags too seriously as anyone done this before. Brook along with Kinemon and Sanji try to peeked at Robin when she is trying to bath Momosuke who the later took advantage to take sneak peaks at her body for his kid 'nature' the same way. Robin never notice on that either and speaking of Momosuke who take advantage of his kid nature to grope and up-close to the girls bodies without knowing his true intent.

Again, it's all perverted gags, not make to be taken seriously or with the girl even knowing. Nothing wrong with it since this is a fictional story and it's not the first time in anime we see so many of this. Heck, this is like minor thing compare to fanservice of other animes and certain characters who go the distances more compare to what Sanji's is doing. Also don't think Sanji knew it was mixed bathing much when he went in as like the others, he probably thought only one female side and guys aren't allowed for it.

Idk where and why your taking it to another lvl of creepy as Nami and others didn't even react to it as a negative light like that either. Just being honest with you about it. I agree with you on many things, but not this one as it's a funny gag, not meant to be taken seriously like that. Also please don't bring real life stuff like MeToo and compare it to real life situations, this is not the same nor series should be taken seriously like that either.
Yes, it was creepy for them to do that back in Alabasta. Your point? (I don't even want to get into how creepy it was that Vivi's own father peeked on her naked...eeeeesh, fucking gross!)

Just because something is a gag doesn't make it a great or OK thing. Like if Oda tried to do a "afro Luffy" gag again and make him talk "black", would it be OK to criticize that?

Hell, this gag is probably worse in Japan, where they warn women on escalators about men putting cameras on the ground to see up their dress. Oda should avoid these gags when so many countries have problems with these kinds of things in real life.

King Moe

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, it was creepy for them to do that back in Alabasta. Your point? (I don't even want to get into how creepy it was that Vivi's own father peeked on her naked...eeeeesh, fucking gross!)

Just because something is a gag doesn't make it a great or OK thing. Like if Oda tried to do a "afro Luffy" gag again and make him talk "black", would it be OK to criticize that?

Hell, this gag is probably worse in Japan, where they warn women on escalators about men putting cameras on the ground to see up their dress. Oda should avoid these gags when so many countries have problems with these kinds of things in real life.
Then everyone creepy for doing it. Everyone saw their bodies, Dude. Also it's gags man. Funny moments. Fanservice, you do know what anime and manga do, right? You act like this is the first of the culture when this is hardly not and hardly even that bad (Think Cobra was looking more at Nami than his daughter especially nosebleed after her 'Happiness Punch' of hers).

You have to deal with it though as complaining about it each time is shows won't stop the series from putting it on there. Since when was Afro Luffy offensive? Many in the fanbase even black people like it and I am black myself in real life. Just him being goofball and having fun. Hope your not trying to insert something that not true there.

If it was that bad, Japan wouldn't put money and make One Piece the MOST (emphasizing, not yelling) selling series in the entire world that even surpassed Dragon Ball, who the latter Toriyama also done his share of fanservice and moments as you know early DB and famous Master Roshi? If the gags ruined a series, why did these series are so iconic and characters are beloved that much. Again, don't insert real life perspective in a world of fictional when they are use for gags. Your not going to win with the majority like that as it's not seen like that at all. Just being honest with you, Dude.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
The gags are getting old, comeon... It would've been nicer if Nami escaped right after... but the sanji part had to happen. Seriously though, WTF is wrong with Sanji. Bepo and others are captured and he's visiting the bathhouse.
What a dick

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Then everyone creepy for doing it. Everyone saw their bodies, Dude. Also it's gags man. Funny moments. Fanservice, you do know what anime and manga do, right? You act like this is the first of the culture when this is hardly not and hardly even that bad (Think Cobra was looking more at Nami than his daughter especially nosebleed after her 'Happiness Punch' of hers).

You have to deal with it though as complaining about it each time is shows won't stop the series from putting it on there. Since when was Afro Luffy offensive? Many in the fanbase even black people like it and I am black myself in real life. Just him being goofball and having fun. Hope your not trying to insert something that not true there.

If it was that bad, Japan wouldn't put money and make One Piece the MOST (emphasizing, not yelling) selling series in the entire world that even surpassed Dragon Ball, who the latter Toriyama also done his share of fanservice and moments as you know early DB and famous Master Roshi? If the gags ruined a series, why did these series are so iconic and characters are beloved that much. Again, don't insert real life perspective in a world of fictional when they are use for gags. Your not going to win with the majority like that as it's not seen like that at all. Just being honest with you, Dude.
I'd argue the issue here is specifically sanji went around using his invisibility suit. It could have been a regular peeping gag which could have even be.... funny though dated. But instead he went around creeping using an invisibility suit somewhere where he was actually allowed to be in. Sanji chose to be a creepy asshole when he could have simply walked into the bathhouse right up to nami's face while bare naked and it would all have been kosher. Of course, this doesn't ruin the whole of OP, that would be asinine, but in this case I'd argue oda making sanji this needlessly creepy for literally no reason is unnecessary. And it would have been funnier if, say, nami found sanji just sitting there crying that when he finally got his dream invisibility he didn't even need it because nami and robin were going to a mixed bathhouse anyways.

thedude

Reaction score
Country
United States

...see, this is where you lose me...being a fan of a character is one thing, but using that to then say that a country doesn't have problems with sexism, if it did, the manga wouldn't be popular? Like really? All to defend Sanji?

I prefer One Piece to Dragon Ball, not a fan of that one at all. But i won't pretend it doesn't have the same problems a lot of Japanese manga has. Don't even get me started on the underage shit Japan is so fond of "the character looks 6, but we write she is 18 on the page, so it's all good!"

I'd argue the issue here is specifically sanji went around using his invisibility suit. It could have been a regular peeping gag which could have even be.... funny though dated. But instead he went around creeping using an invisibility suit somewhere where he was actually allowed to be in. Sanji chose to be a creepy asshole when he could have simply walked into the bathhouse right up to nami's face while bare naked and it would all have been kosher. Of course, this doesn't ruin the whole of OP, that would be asinine, but in this case I'd argue oda making sanji this needlessly creepy for literally no reason is unnecessary. And it would have been funnier if, say, nami found sanji just sitting there crying that when he finally got his dream invisibility he didn't even need it because nami and robin were going to a mixed bathhouse anyways.
That would actually be a funny gag, lol.

King Moe

Reaction score
Country
United States
The gags are getting old, comeon... It would've been nicer if Nami escaped right after... but the sanji part had to happen. Seriously though, WTF is wrong with Sanji. Bepo and others are captured and he's visiting the bathhouse.
What a dick
Welcome to Anime. You going to see stuff like this and doubt Oda will get rid of them, so just saying that instead of complaining, just either ignore or get used to it. How would Nami escape from both Hawkins and Drake? I give Nami craftiness maybe, but she won't get far, so Sanji being there helps out when the gag has purpose to come save them.

He doesn't know where they are captured at though, just they were and plus he doesn't want to go rushing in when they found out about their plan and could expect others to save them. Which is why he is going back to Law to talk on what they should do. Not a dick move, it's smart play as he isn't Luffy and Zoro on rushing in without thinking.

Sanji didn't know it was mixed bathing like the others when they went in. He probably did the invisibility cause he felt the rules were same as outside, but not in Wano. We can't fault him on that knowing that how Wano works differently. Also when you guys think Sanji will do harm to women now just because he is invisibility, he peek on them sure, but by no means he be asshole or try to do stuff to them. He been this way since debut, how long you guys been fans of the series? That doesn't sound as funny much from your idea to be honest. Though we can expect next time Sanji could come with them, but then again Nami won't allowed it regardless, so Idk how it would work on confronting them about it.

Reactions: Pea

nik87

Reaction score
Country
The Wall

Joke aside, chill mah dudes. If we ignore these Sanji things only a bit we would enjoy this far more.

One thing I was wondering while reading that bathhouse scene. Where was Nami hiding before Hawkins attacked? Was she behind Shinobu or hiding in steam or using her Mirage tempo disappearing ability? 🤔

King Moe

Reaction score
Country
United States
...see, this is where you lose me...being a fan of a character is one thing, but using that to then say that a country doesn't have problems with sexism, if it did, the manga wouldn't be popular? Like really? All to defend Sanji?

I prefer One Piece to Dragon Ball, not a fan of that one at all. But i won't pretend it doesn't have the same problems a lot of Japanese manga has. Don't even get me started on the underage shit Japan is so fond of "the character looks 6, but we write she is 18 on the page, so it's all good!"
When I said they don't have a problem with it? It is apparent everywhere, but right now your insert real life perspectives to fictional perspectives. Your losing me as you took it seriously and saying everyone would hate it and the series. Why would One Piece be the way it is if they hated is? Oda like pleasing his fans so if they hated those aspects, why never they complain to Oda about it? I do not get what you mean there and trying to insert in this. Oda is considerate guy and would take it out if it has a big hate following of them not liking perverted gags, but so far it never been that case.

I am just saying to you it's not in a major scale as your saying by your own words everyone hates the series due to the pervy side, but so far I haven't seen hate or even that huge on them. I seen many still enjoy Sanji on One Piece as well other perverts and Master Roshi and others perverts on Dragon Ball side.

I actually don't like that one to be honest. Not a an of that loli/shota things they add and happy OP don't do that and many Shounen series.