Chapter One Piece Chapter 936 Discussion / 937 Predictions

King Moe

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Maybe i was wrong, i thought that he knew for a while and stuck around in the bathhouse instead of saving them..
Here when Nami and others are shouting "In that case, what have you been doing here hte whole time?"
It's all good and yeah, pretty sure Sanji just found out. If he did knew, he would have told Law when he came back to them after defeating PO, I doubt Sanji would hold crucial information like that especially now that Drake and Hawkins know their plan. He isn't that type of guy.

Pea

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Estonia
I'd argue the issue here is specifically sanji went around using his invisibility suit. It could have been a regular peeping gag which could have even be.... funny though dated. But instead he went around creeping using an invisibility suit somewhere where he was actually allowed to be in. Sanji chose to be a creepy asshole when he could have simply walked into the bathhouse right up to nami's face while bare naked and it would all have been kosher. Of course, this doesn't ruin the whole of OP, that would be asinine, but in this case I'd argue oda making sanji this needlessly creepy for literally no reason is unnecessary. And it would have been funnier if, say, nami found sanji just sitting there crying that when he finally got his dream invisibility he didn't even need it because nami and robin were going to a mixed bathhouse anyways.
Given that both Nami and Robin were there I'd argue he couldn't just walk into the bathhouse. They probably didn't care about all these random ppl but Sanji is a different matter.

King Moe

Reaction score
Country
United States
Common dude there are things you just can't defend even if its fiction even if its your favourite character. since last chapter all Sanji sentences finished with "female bath" he clearly went there to satisfy his unholy desires. This is creepy move on.
We been through this series for a long time and we know Oda uses pervy stuff for gags, not for real life creepiness on comparing them. You shouldn't take OP to a serious lvl it's like real life on pervy especially in this late in the game about Sanji who been like this since his debut and no one were bother for his love of ladies and perviness since then. Kinda seems redundant to complain about it as it won't ever stop, so you got to either get used to it or ignore it as well for other perverts like Brook, Franky, Kinemon, Momosuke, and many others who be used for pervy gags the more. You can't just call them all creepy over something that is still a funny gag and not to be taken seriously when the girls like Nami freely don't mind showing her body at times in a mixed bath with naked men...

I get where you guys are coming from, but seem to be ignoring how pervy gag been use and that's not bad as compare to being in view of those men who were ogling Nami's and Robin's. Now that is more creepy that you realize they are watching you.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Given that both Nami and Robin were there I'd argue he couldn't just walk into the bathhouse. They probably didn't care about all these random ppl but Sanji is a different matter.
Still perverted gag and Sanji even perverse won't harm a woman no matter compare to the men who were fully in view and ogling their bodies more and those who go more than he does like Brook asking for women's panties on a daily basis and how Franky is proud of being a 'pervert' lol.

Reactions: Pea

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nice observation, kawamatsu is a kappa for sure, now is it a devil fruit or is he a real kappa? DF would be weird as Kappa are aquatic creatures and DF users cant swim xD
Kappa looks more like an amphibian creature to me. We've seen an axolotl, turtle so Kappa is not farfetched.

LIbrary of Ohara brought up another twist saying he could be an otter. EIther ways explains him being alive, Kaido's animal fetish.

Not a snitch, just the one who told them about the information. I am guessing it's him because I cant think of anyone else at this point.
But if he informed them, it would imply he knows as well. And if he knows, that'd mean he is one of the supporters which would make him a snitch.... wouldnt it?

THere is another guy we saw who Luffy gave the card to, he does look like Kyoshiro but its not.

Pea

Reaction score
Country
Estonia
Still perverted gag and Sanji even perverse won't harm a woman no matter compare to the men who were fully in view and ogling their bodies more and those who go more than he does like Brook asking for women's panties on a daily basis and how Franky is proud of being a 'pervert' lol.
Ehm, dude, I actually agree with you. You should have addressed this message to someone else, not me.

I'm usually quite "couldn't care less"-y about forum debates but man lately people are just obsessed with Sanji in a very bad way. Zoro loses his sword — silence. Sanji being Sanji he always was — how dare he have the nosebleed!!! Dudes, it's his thing from waaaay back.

I just can't stand it anymore. Will try to ignore these posts for the time being.

nik87

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
But if he informed them, it would imply he knows as well. And if he knows, that'd mean he is one of the supporters which would make him a snitch.... wouldnt it?
I think he figured it out, for some reason but he isnt a supporter and thus not a snitch.

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
I guess people are forgetting when both Igaram, King Cobra and Sanji all peaked in the Alabasta bath. Forget Sanji, he had an eligible interest in a young woman his own age. The other two...
:8C

Compared to that, this incident is nothing. Vivi did not even apparently react much and Nami just used her punch attack. Heck, didn't she expose herself just to make them fall down and then charge them afterword?

Also, just read the SBS. wow. Big Mom really as a black widow. Now Linlin knows how rape is actually done. She was horrible. And it makes me wonder now if some of her kids might not have been with just about anybody. Maybe that's why Akainu is so uptight about pirates. Or perhaps that's the real reason Roger got his incurable... I'll stop there.

But considering how jacked Luffy's gotten, and all the compliments I've seen on other forums regarding his improved physique, he better watch out. If and when Lin-lin gets her memory back, possibly after Luffy has done something more notorious, like defeat or assist in Kaido's defeat... lookout Straw Hat, Big Mom may be pushing 80, but she's still got it. You may want to keep Sanji close. Cake appears to be the one thing that distracts her, that or Wano whirlpools.

afromarco005

Reaction score
Country
France
I guess people are forgetting when both Igaram, King Cobra and Sanji all peaked in the Alabasta bath. Forget Sanji, he had an eligible interest in a young woman his own age. The other two...
:8C

Compared to that, this incident is nothing. Vivi did not even apparently react much and Nami just used her punch attack. Heck, didn't she expose herself just to make them fall down and then charge them afterword?

Also, just read the SBS. wow. Big Mom really as a black widow. Now Linlin knows how rape is actually done. She was horrible. And it makes me wonder now if some of her kids might not have been with just about anybody. Maybe that's why Akainu is so uptight about pirates. Or perhaps that's the real reason Roger got his incurable... I'll stop there.

But considering how jacked Luffy's gotten, and all the compliments I've seen on other forums regarding his improved physique, he better watch out. If and when Lin-lin gets her memory back, possibly after Luffy has done something more notorious, like defeat or assist in Kaido's defeat... lookout Straw Hat, Big Mom may be pushing 80, but she's still got it. You may want to keep Sanji close. Cake appears to be the one thing that distracts her, that or Wano whirlpools.
Oof that's savage!!!

Rikudou King

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
United States
so it is confirmed that law crew mates are bunch of weakling? i mean those 3 are his 3 top crew mates right?
zoro and sanji wont ever got captured like them unless if the one who captured them are one of the three calamity or kaido himself...
and also.. beppo are in a lot of pain when he drink the water in the river but zoro say he just feel funny in his stomach for eating meats & drink from the toxic environment in wano and i always think that beppo are the 2nd in command in the heart pirates...
Considering whose in Kaido's crew, them losing isn't necessarily a sign of them being weak. Zoro and Sanji are easily exceptional fighters, and Luffy himself has ended up caught multiple times these last few arcs, so that doesn't mean much. It would really depend on the situation, and who/how many they were up against.

Also, I don't think Bepo is second in command, isn't he the navigator?

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
The waning crescent moon on the ankle of the supporters of the Kozuki clan. Hawkins told everyone to leave the water so he could see their ankles and told to arrest those who have it. It had to be Kyoshiro since he found that letter on Komurasaki's body.

About the collar being bypassed with hardening, it's blades, cutting damage, something that Luffy is weak against, I am sure it wouldnt work.
oh right, forgot about that. What if that information was known decades ago, though?

Yeah but hardening should protect against that, at least Luffy's hardening looks like a pretty good defense.

King Moe

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ehm, dude, I actually agree with you. You should have addressed this message to someone else, not me.

I'm usually quite "couldn't care less"-y about forum debates but man lately people are just obsessed with Sanji in a very bad way. Zoro loses his sword — silence. Sanji being Sanji he always was — how dare he have the nosebleed!!! Dudes, it's his thing from waaaay back.

I just can't stand it anymore. Will try to ignore these posts for the time being.
Oh I know. Just agreeing with you with my post. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Isto

Reaction score
Country
Finland
We all know sanji was there just to watch their back

VinsmokeDeku

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Why not? If seastone is metallic, it could rust. But it doesnt have to be unless Kawamatsu is a user.
Well, Seastone is not just good for devil fruit users. It's supposed to be undestructible and thus good for chaining extremely strong people, like Shanks, Mihawk, Sabo (I mean, he was amazingly strong even before eating mera mera no mi), Jesuss Burgess and I think that Rayleight couldn't have taken off his collar that easily on Sabaody if it had been made of seastone.
Kawamatsu is supposed to be incredibly strong. Probably he will have a comical design but he's supposed to be very strong.

@hokageji nice observation, kawamatsu is a kappa for sure, now is it a devil fruit or is he a real kappa? DF would be weird as Kappa are aquatic creatures and DF users cant swim xD
On Punk Hazard I think there was that poison thing, don't remember its name, and he had eaten the salamander zoan. It was a water dwelling salamander

keeper1h

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Sanji deserved something after all that frustration.

...and the girls onboard need to know that the perv can turn invisible, so that his raid suit is locked away when it's bath time...

I'm pretty sure something else happened in this chapter, but when I saw the first (loosely drawn) female nipple on page 11, I knew what Oda really intended to be the real spirit of this chapter: the introduction of Female Nudity no Haki: such power.

kcd

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
After Luffy became Collar-cuffed, he tried removing it by pushing it up his head, but his neck didn't stretch one bit — it wasn't rubber at all. I guess this basically proves Kairoseki takes away abilities (since he was still wearing Kairoseki hand cuffs at that point.)

But now that the Kairoseki hand cuffs are off, I wonder why he hasn't tried removing the Collar yet because according to Queen, as long as he is within the ring, it won't be triggered, unlike those of the celestial dragons which seems to become triggered the moment one tries to take it off.

This has led me to believe there's every chance Luffy will become even stronger in this prison, and possibly awaken his fruit. Else, what's the point of staying there any longer, most especially now the major restraining load has been taken off.

I imagine a situation might arise where he'd temporary be shoved off the ring... And just when we'd thought he'll be decapitated, nothing actually happens! And while everyone would think it was a mechanical malfunction — imagine the surprise when we learn the collar cuffs actually became rubber. BAM!!! Awakening has taken place as Luffy subconsciously turned it to rubber. Just like that. Lol.

nik87

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
oh right, forgot about that. What if that information was known decades ago, though?

Yeah but hardening should protect against that, at least Luffy's hardening looks like a pretty good defense.
I doubt that it was known decades ago because they didnt search for people with that tattoo before but just started now and the tattoo was probably only invented after Orochi seized power.

Luffy's hardening always failed against sharp slices/cuts/piercing but it was against actual opponents. Hard to tell what the power behind the collar is but for the sake of the story it has to be dangerous for Luffy otherwise it makes no sense.

@kcd I like that idea a lot. Maybe Luffy gets the collar off himself somehow but grandpa Hyo is about to get killed by it and Luffy grabs it and tries to break it apart and cant and suddenly he just stretches it apart...

Reactions: kcd

kcd

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
@kcd I like that idea a lot. Maybe Luffy gets the collar off himself somehow but grandpa Hyo is about to get killed by it and Luffy grabs it and tries to break it apart and cant and suddenly he just stretches it apart...
That would work too. As a matter of fact, anything at this point will do for me. I just wanna see him use awakening, just as much as I'd love to see Zoro go all out just once.

kg21tmac11

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Sanji not feeding starving people is no different to Chopper not curing the ailments of the ill. It's not that they don't want to, it's more like they're not in position to help the masses.

The only form of aid this country can have is defeating the Shogun and Kaido.

We already saw what happened when Luffy fed the people of Okobore town.
  1. Luffy fed them.
  2. Kaido's men returned to take the food back injuring 100s of people at the very least.
If we insert Sanji, the story plays out the same way:
  1. Sanji fed them.
  2. Kaido's men return to take the food.
If anything, Luffy would have been better off not feeding them at that point. How many people died because of that?

Not sure if it's remembered that Kinemon and Momonosuke were literally starving themselves at Punk Hazard because they felt like they didn't deserve to complain about hunger given that their people back in Wano were starving too. When Sanji gave them food, they shed tears because they were grateful and also sympathetic of Wano who lacked.

If Sanji is the bad guy here, Kinemon and Momonosuke are also just as bad since they come from Wano and it was their mission to save Wano in the first place.

Kinemon and co. should be the ones begging the SHs to feed the people and help the ill. Before we start criticising Sanji, we should be criticising Kinemon and co. by that rationale and concluding the SHs are assholes. Not a stance I advocate for, they're simply in no position to help people.

Why aren't they telling Sanji to go cook for people? Why didn't they castigate Sanji for selling food instead of handing down the food freely? It's obvious, it's the mission comes before all else. Everything banks on the success of the mission.

No point feeding 1,000s of people if it's only going to lead to their death after an hour when they can wait for a week, feed an entire country and leave because they'll be able to eat for the rest of their lives.

Kinemon won't even reveal himself to his wife because he knows immediate gratification and short-lived solutions don't solve anything. Kinemon has continued to distance himself from his wife while Momonosuke has distanced himself from his sister for the greater good.

Sanji feeding people at this moment or not doesn't change anything in the scheme of things. It only means like Kinemon and co, they're all just doing what is necessary for the greater good. They have to hold out if they want to fix anything.

It's not like Sanji or the others haven't shown kindness where they could or when faced with the opportunity to do so. When Toko's food was knocked out her hands. food that she saved money for to buy, Sanji was furious and defeated the thugs. He ended up giving her another bowl for free. When the SHs can show kindness, they do, but to help the entire group of people at this point in time? It's simply a lost cause that benefits no one.

As the adage goes, treat the cause, not the symptom.

I think this is just being overly-critical. If we get hypercritical about anything, anyone can be made to be a villain.
Bravo! Well said! That was some good in depth writing there and I agree with what you are saying! People are blowing this out of proportion. We will probably see scenes where sanji will feed the poor in the later chapters but the SH are focused on planning to take down Kaido. In due time, in real time, that may take 2.5-3 years???

thedude

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have to agree here, but Law is cool enough to makeup for his entire crew... :)
There is no room left for coolness after him....

Why not? If seastone is metallic, it could rust. But it doesnt have to be unless Kawamatsu is a user.
Lol, i agree, always thought Law was by far the coolest looking member of the rookies. My least favorite was Apoo and Bege, but I grew to like Bege in WCI...Oda is good at making characters you don't think you'll like interesting.

AINSOOALGOWN_SAMA

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Lol, i agree, always thought Law was by far the coolest looking member of the rookies. My least favorite was Apoo and Bege, but I grew to like Bege in WCI...Oda is good at making characters you don't think you'll like interesting.
I believe Queen is the latest proof to that. I thought he'd be worse than Jack and very annoying but he's turned out fun and cool so far.
Even Luffy's taken a liking for the guy and he's an excellent judge of character.