Hangout One Piece Mega Convo Thread

Hannibal Psyche

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
There is the theory he is waiting to get the strongest Zoan as he already has the strongest Paramecia and Strongest Logia.

He might be waiting to take Kaido's DF
The evidence we have atm that is reliable is Oda said Blackbeard's ability to take in another DF rests with his conversation with Ace. and Ace said Twice which means 2. With that said, it only makes sense that Blackbeard is 2 people in his body make up, and therefore able to take 2 DFs.

The theories that claim 3 3 3 are not very substantial. More so, from a logical stand-point, more than 2 of the most powerful DFs would be too powerful. A character that's using 3 of the most powerful DFs in the series would literally be invincible.

Blackbeard scarred Shanks meaning he's at least as strong as Shanks. He already has 2 of the most powerful DFs... I couldn't see him getting a 3rd, there'll be no way to defeat someone with 2 DFs who defeated Shanks or did considerable damage on Shanks without a DF.

Ellenate

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
More so, from a logical stand-point, more than 2 of the most powerful DFs would be too powerful. A character that's using 3 of the most powerful DFs in the series would literally be invincible.

You're talking about a man who let logias run around nigh invincible for over a decade.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
You're talking about a man who let logias run around nigh invincible for over a decade.
Invincible? 2 of the main villains were Logias and they got smashed.

Wouldn't quite define that as invincible.

I understand you are unable to appreciate anything remotely positive about the series and have to illogically act like the series has no semblance of logic or sense behind it. The moment someone memes One Piece or says something critical, you hop on it instantly and I can appreciate the humour or comedy in that.

Reality is different though. Even if Oda's writing for Wano has not been the greatest, doesn't mean every single thing he's done over the past 2 decades had no sense or logic to it, The story is still fundamentally solid, consistent and well written despite its most recent flaws.

It's not like Oda never put measures in place like weaknesses which sand has, or Kairoseki or Haki in place to give us hints as to how Logias were not absolutely invincible.

Just take note of the fact Smoker was a low-ranked officer... you can't have a low-ranked character who is invincible. So, that in itself should hint that if a low-ranked can be a Logia, then surely, that implies being a Logia doesn't automatically make one invincible.

Mayweather is regarded as the greatest, never lost a fight, but the moment he loses the 1 fight... you'd say something like he's trash, never been great, etc. The way you frame One Piece reminds me of fickle opinions that discard anything that's been positive or true the moment 1 bad or negative thing happens.

Last edited:

Fox666

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Just take note of the fact Smoker was a low-ranked officer... you can't have a low-ranked character who is invincible. So, that in itself should hint that if a low-ranked can be a Logia, then surely, that implies being a Logia doesn't automatically make one invincible.
I suspect Smoker would have gotten a much, much higher rank wasn't for the fact that he will tell his superiors to eat shit.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I suspect Smoker would have gotten a much, much higher rank wasn't for the fact that he will tell his superiors to eat shit.
I don't think so.

He's currently a VA, and even then, he's not all that powerful for a Vice Admiral. He's also a VA despite the fact he has the balls to tell his superiors to eat shit, but he's still compliant and he's getting promoted meaning his personal sentiments don't matter all that much since he still does his job.

He also got promoted in Alabasta despite telling high command to eat shit, so I think his ranks are pretty accurate, if that were not the case, he shouldn't be getting promoted and more so to VA which is the rank before Admiral. I also don't have much basis to say he's under ranked unlike Garp who actually refused promotion to Admiral.

McNuss

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I don't think so.

He's currently a VA, and even then, he's not all that powerful for a Vice Admiral. He's also a VA despite the fact he has the balls to tell his superiors to eat shit, but he's still compliant and he's getting promoted meaning his personal sentiments don't matter all that much since he still does his job.

He also got promoted in Alabasta despite telling high command to eat shit, so I think his ranks are pretty accurate, if that were not the case, he shouldn't be getting promoted and more so to VA which is the rank before Admiral. I also don't have much basis to say he's under ranked unlike Garp who actually refused promotion to Admiral.
He was definitely under ranked at introduction. I mean he is a Logia user and was just a captain despite being in his 30s. We have seen the average HQ Captain at Enies Lobby, they have decent strenght with Shuu breaking an (probably exhausted) Zoro's Yubashiri, but...

The Strawhats fought a hundred of these off at the same time, whereas Smoker would have still given them a hard time in Sabaody.

The dialogues he has with Hina heavily implies that his Logue Town job was a case of "promoting someone away". He is way to overqualified for the likes of East Blue, but Logue Town is kinda important so on paper it looks all fine. Funny that, in the end, that was a good decision.

Now he is likely the new G5 commander so that would mean another promotion. There is this scene of Smoker easily having cought a 50M Belly GL Pirate somewhere in Paradise. No one can stop him as a Logia in Paradise anyways, so he likely gained the track record he could never achieve in East Blue, making promotion inevitable.

I also think that Smoker is misperceived. His Punk Hazard plot is a clear example of Worf Effect. Vice Admiral's are the elite of the Marines but they shouldn't win against New World Shishibukai. Vergo was a higher ranked Marine than him as a Base Commander, in fact his senior and direct superior, again unsurprising how that went.

The fight against Law is one of the most elaborated non-Strawhat fights in the entire series, taking up almost an entire chapter. He did rather well here. We have Maynard as the bottom of VA quality and honestly based on Smoker's vs Law and Vergo performances, I wouldn't see him fail as miserably against Sabo as Bastille, like he would still lose, sure, but not like that.

Lord Traffy Law

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

random but to people on the fight with shanks and kaido , it was a minor fight , with likely no winner

FetherMan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Rumor has it:

- Luffy to return to fight Kaido assisted by Momo (dragon form). Luffy uses Boundman form again, but with Hyogoro's Haki techniques.

- Kaido reveals to Yamato, why he truly chose Wano. The country is connected directly to the One Piece.

- Kaido acquired his Poneglyph, after defeating Moira and joined Orochi.

- Orochi still lives with 1 life left, CP-0 knows he's still alive thanks to Marys. (Marys created by Vegapunk for Celestial Dragons and used all over the seas).

- Shanks to appear after Wano battle ends. Shanks and Luffy reunion to be the set up for the grand finale of series.

- Admiral Greenbull is a member to 1 of Celestial Dragon families. Celestials no longer trust Navy because of latest attack from Dragon, son of Garp the Hero, during Reverie.

- CP 0 report the race for One Piece to Elder Stars. All out war declared on all pirates with new military force created by Dr Vegapunk, S.S.G.

- Imu comes from Void Century era and fears the descendants of "D".

- Boa Hancock only Warlord imprisoned in Impel Down. Buggy, Mihawk and Whitbeer Jr, remain fugitives hunted by both Fujitora and Kizaru with S.S.G.

- Blackbeard pirates target Red Hair pirates. BB wants Shanks's poneglyph.

- Sabo is held captive by Celestials, for interrogation on all Revolutionary Army operations by Dr Vegapunk.

Ellenate

Reaction score
Country
United States
- Boa Hancock only Warlord imprisoned in Impel Down.

Nope, I was nodding along until this. I'd consider dropping the manga if that scrub Koby laid a single finger on Boa.:gtfo

Elessar

Telcontar
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Nope, I was nodding along until this. I'd consider dropping the manga if that scrub Koby laid a single finger on Boa.:gtfo
It's not as if Koby was the only marine heading in her direction. There might be some admiral in there.

Though I don't want Hancock to become a mistress in distress.

McNuss

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Viktor Orban is probably about to ban One Piece in Hungary. Not good.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Boa Hancock only Warlord imprisoned in Impel Down.
I can say this with confidence, I think this is impossible.

Hancock hates the Celestial Dragons MORE than anyone else.

Luffy is eventually going to take them on. Not only for the fact that they've probably captured Sabo as Luffy's main motivation for things is friends and family, but Hancock has a grudge with them.

I think the battle between Luffy and the Celestials once Sabo's status is revealed will be the RA and Amazon Princess allying with the SHs to take down the Celestial Dragons.

Her history with the Celestial Dragons makes it a missed opportunity to have her imprisoned and not have her play a role.

Then the fact Hancock has ties to Fish Tiger whom was Jimbei's captain... I do think this will be towards the end of the series.

On top of that, we're yet to truly see the power of the Amazon Pirates and I think imprisoning her will just make them look weak. The much longer a Shichibukai's true abilities aren't shown, the more powerful I think they are. I'd say Mihawk and Hancock are possibly 2 people that are as strong as Admirals and Emperors, but just lack the influence that others have.

I do wonder if Sabo will be made to actually be a slave of the Celestial Dragons instead of killed. This will be their chance to antagonise the RA and truly show their power now that they've gained the power to take on Emperors.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
Viktor Orban is probably about to ban One Piece in Hungary. Not good.
Oh no... why target One Piece alone, what have i missed?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

- CP 0 report the race for One Piece to Elder Stars. All out war declared on all pirates with new military force created by Dr Vegapunk, S.S.G.

-
this would be possible and interesting in my opinion.. if the World government wants to hide OP and secrets, they would want to find it to destroy it or secure the location atleast. I've always thought about this, a WG / Marine commissioned OP task force of sorts. CP0 is secretive enough to do something like this under the radar and still maintain gathering one piece as outlawed...

McNuss

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Oh no... why target One Piece alone, what have i missed
It's the other way around. They are targeting any kind of media that showcase people differing from the traditional family model, the binary gender concept or straight heterosexuality. In other words, it is looking pretty dire for One Piece.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's the other way around. They are targeting any kind of media that showcase people differing from the traditional family model, the binary gender concept or straight heterosexuality. In other words, it is looking pretty dire for One Piece.
surprising Hungary is like that... Budapest seems to be a party town, amazing and cool... loved my visit there and its amongst the best citiies i've viisted...

The conservative wave is getting stronger everywhere.