Hangout - One Piece Mega Convo Thread | Page 139 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout One Piece Mega Convo Thread

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
I don't think Luffy will just grow strong enough to defeat Kaido. The series won't end in Wano, it will continue for a while, with a few enemies like Blackbeard and Akainu to be surpassed. If Luffy surpassed the strongest creature, it would be over.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
So in the end I think that there is no point in complaining about Luffy learning future sight cause he would have learned it eventually so that him fighting future opponents with this ability wont be an ass pull.
there kinda is because situations and all, and in this situation future sight is useless for reasons already stated, unless he's not going to fight Kaidou but Kaidou's henchmen.
I don't think Luffy will just grow strong enough to defeat Kaido. The series won't end in Wano, it will continue for a while, with a few enemies like Blackbeard and Akainu to be surpassed. If Luffy surpassed the strongest creature, it would be over.
Wrongu. Even if he does (I doubt he will, it'll probably take multiple-men effort), his body isn't resilient like Kaidou's, probably. The likes of Blackbeard and Akainu could still beat him even if Luffy did beat Kaidou, especially Blackbeard thanks to his devil fruits. There's a reason why Kaidou isn't the sole Emperor or Pirate King.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
So Rayleigh humiliated Luffy in Gear 4 in the anime?

TheSadFed

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Did anyone noticed on the last anime episode they totally added a new scene of Pekoms awaking the Sulong properly?

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Did anyone noticed on the last anime episode they totally added a new scene of Pekoms awaking the Sulong properly?
I did. Like they extend it more and how out of control he gets too. Should we take it Canon filler?

hokageji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Not sure if this real or Canon, but a few characters designed for OP movie...

Here's Buena Festa

And Douglas Bullet

And oh, yea they are former Roger Pirates apparently.

McNuss

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Before we get additional information, we should consider them non-canon just like the characters from Z and Gold.
However we might get an odd scenario like we had with Volume Z, where the movie-only characters are non-canon, but everything else isn't (such as the Admirals Marine join dates).
So stay tuned, we are probably getting new information about the Roger Pirates in general soon.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
It will be extremely weird to introduce a character as a part of Roger pirates and not have him canon. I think the events of teh movie may not be considered canon, but the characters are likely to be.

afromarco005

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France

Here's Buena Festa

And Douglas Bullet

These designs are sick! They look better than king and queen imo, it's almost as if they are from another manga.

Now I need to watch this movie!

Deleted member 169696

Here's Buena Festa

And Douglas Bullet

Douglas is RP Franky I guess... 😁

Are they gonna appear as villains in the movie, I wonder? They don't look... Kind...

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
So I take it I am not the only one who saw the latest trailer of the latest OP movie. Do you guys think Oda will make this movie cannon? To go that deep to include former Roger Pirates as bad guys this time, it have to be something Oda have to agree upon as he doesn't want too much info on Roger Pirates just yet, so that means Oda might be working hard seriously with this to make it canon or at least use their characters in another way in the manga since the timeframe of when this occur is off (Unless they left Wano Island to go prepare themselves and found themselves in that place). Really interested on how this movie will be and I also feel Strong World and Z vibes from this as it feel like it connect to the lore of OP (Despite non-canon from what I hear from them).

Btw anyone seen the latest episode? It's now visible shown Sanji can use Armament Haki as he hit Giant Version of Daifuku's Genie (Well been confirmed awhile back, but think this first time we can see it visible without his black pants and shoes). So the talk he can't harden is over for that. Hope to see more use of it in Wano Arc without or with RS in tougher fights.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Really interested on how this movie will be and I also feel Strong World and Z vibes from this as it feel like it connect to the lore of OP (Despite non-canon from what I hear from them).
No official source has ever stated what is canon or not. However I would like to highlight the following points about the movies:

Strong World:
- The author created a manga chapter to explain the backstory of the film;
- The manga includes a time lapse before Shabondy, precisely where Strong World would take place (chapter 490);

Film Z:
- Includes anime-only characters (Vice-Admiral Jonathan).
- New Marineford design is different from the manga.

McNuss

Reaction score
Country
Germany
No official source has ever stated what is canon or not. However I would like to highlight the following points about the movies:
Yes, but something that contradicts the manga plot can't be canon by default.

Strong World:
- The manga includes a time lapse before Shabondy, precisely where Strong World would take place (chapter 490);
Chapter 0 is canon. It has very little to do with the actual movie, instead showing events from the past that were already mentioned or hinted in the Manga, such as Shiki having contact with Roger and Whitebeard, his imprisonment and breakout.
Strong World itself cannot be canon because Brook says fighting the Tobiou Riders is his his first fight as a Straw Hat. Also it makes no sense for someone who struggles with a single Pacifista to defeat someone that fought with Roger, Garp and Sengoku.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States

Strong World:

Film Z:
- Includes anime-only characters (Vice-Admiral Jonathan).
- New Marineford design is different from the manga.
Oda did insert those in manga especially Z as didn't those Vice Admirals in the movie are at Reverie Arc?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Chapter 0 is canon. It has very little to do with the actual movie, instead showing events from the past that were already mentioned or hinted in the Manga, such as Shiki having contact with Roger and Whitebeard, his imprisonment and breakout.
Strong World itself cannot be canon because Brook says fighting the Tobiou Riders is his his first fight as a Straw Hat. Also it makes no sense for someone who struggles with a single Pacifista to defeat someone that fought with Roger, Garp and Sengoku.
Maybe Shiki lost due to old age and training more something else than actual his own body.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire

Plot-holes don't determine if a work is canon or not. Even the manga has a few plot-holes.

Is Luffy fighting Shiki any weirder than Crocodile?

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Plot-holes don't determine if a work is canon or not. Even the manga has a few plot-holes.

Is Luffy fighting Shiki any weirder than Crocodile?
Where the plot holes in Crocodile fights? It made sense on how he survived and beat him.