Hannibal Psyche

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
8,159
Reaction score
9,224
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Meh i wouldn't bother with them. There are parallels between him and Ryuma. Just wonder whether Oda will have the balls to just say he is a descendant of Ryuma. We'll see in the next chapters I guess. But after teasing us in the SBS and then in the chapters themselves, I would hate Oda if he completely skips this.
Now Zoro is up, I feel like it will get mentioned. Zoro is at the very least a Shimotsuki from his mother's side. I'm somewhat inclined to believe he is Kuina's cousin and Tashigi is also his cousin if guessing.
 

DeadlyBeast

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 3, 2014
Messages
3,089
Reaction score
3,975
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Now Zoro is up, I feel like it will get mentioned. Zoro is at the very least a Shimotsuki from his mother's side. I'm somewhat inclined to believe he is Kuina's cousin and Tashigi is also his cousin if guessing.
Wano has made me question Zoro's sensei and that family in general. It's pretty clear now that Zoro is in some way related to Shimotsuki (I like your idea of going the mother's route). Now I'm left wondering why his sensei never told him that they are related and take Zoro in (since he was an orphan).
 

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Wano has made me question Zoro's sensei and that family in general. It's pretty clear now that Zoro is in some way related to Shimotsuki (I like your idea of going the mother's route). Now I'm left wondering why his sensei never told him that they are related and take Zoro in (since he was an orphan).
I think the part of the flashback with Zoro going dojo hunting was only in the anime? If that's the case Zoro may have been taken in by his master since the beginning.
 

Hannibal Psyche

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
8,159
Reaction score
9,224
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Wano has made me question Zoro's sensei and that family in general. It's pretty clear now that Zoro is in some way related to Shimotsuki (I like your idea of going the mother's route). Now I'm left wondering why his sensei never told him that they are related and take Zoro in (since he was an orphan).
This is a more detailed post from ages ago. This is how I think it all played out, but we'll see.

Shimotsuki Kozaburo 55 years saved a village from bandits.
He taught them Swordsmanship, the change the village name to Shimotsuki village.
He found a wife there, and had a child called Shimotuski Koshiro, so Kuina must also be a Shimotsuki.
Zoro's name is Roronoa. We know of Shimotsuki Ryuma, Ushumaru, Kozaburo and Yasuie.
Zoro's name is not Shimotsuki, but he has some Shimotsuki traits.
I'm guessing Zoro's mother is Shimotsuki, and his father is Roronoa. That would explain why he's not Shimotsuki in name but. has similarities.

This village had people settled there before Kozaburo arrived, so there's people that he could have met to marry, and people there to marry his children.

Kozaburo found a wife in East Blue, his son (Koshiro) had a daughter.
Koshiro's daughter (Kuina) is a little older than Zoro meaning Kozaburo potentially had a daughter who married some guy called Roronoa from East Blue.
For Zoro and Kuina to be similar age, we're guessing Koshiro and his sister who must have found partners to marry in the village had kids around the same time.

So, Koshiro might actually be Zoro's uncle, not just his sensei. So, in a sense, he's a Roronoa who has relations and genes from the Shimotsuki clan, and Kuina is his cousin I guess.
Tashigi is likely a cousin, similar age, so quite possible that Kozaburo had multiple children who carry Shimotsuki genes. Zoro looks exactly like Ushima which is no different to Tashigi looking like Kuina; happens that people end up looking identical to relatives from decades of years ago.
 

DeadlyBeast

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 3, 2014
Messages
3,089
Reaction score
3,975
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think the part of the flashback with Zoro going dojo hunting was only in the anime? If that's the case Zoro may have been taken in by his master since the beginning.
You're right that was anime only. In the manga they never explained a single thing about Zoro's life prior to the dojo.

This is a more detailed post from ages ago. This is how I think it all played out, but we'll see.
I think your post is pretty good idea of what may have happened. In fact it makes me question that family even more. If there was a sibling and she had a kid in the village with another man, why have they never mentioned her? Why hasn't Zoro or anyone else ever mentioned being Kuina's cousin? Etc?

The village is small so not clear how they would have missed Zoro being related to them. Either that or Zoro and all of them knew they were family and Zoro has never mentioned it to us as the reader, which to me makes it a miss by Oda. Another potential negative of wano arc I guess.
 

Bandit99

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2019
Messages
924
Reaction score
1,491
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Just wanna quickly predict that Luffy's final bounty at the end of the manga will be 5.6B. Matches his Gomu number (56) and will be just above Roger's bounty to be the highest ever given
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Just wanna quickly predict that Luffy's final bounty at the end of the manga will be 5.6B. Matches his Gomu number (56) and will be just above Roger's bounty to be the highest ever given
Does that accounts for inflation?
 

john ellis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2015
Messages
669
Reaction score
365
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
i wonder how long luffy's 3 bil bounty will last? If he defeats greenbull thats surely worth some bounty.
 

DeadlyBeast

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 3, 2014
Messages
3,089
Reaction score
3,975
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Random question, but in Wano when Big Mom lost her memories from drowning in the ocean and was O-Lin for a bit, where was Prometheus? He is the most competent of her homies so I was wondering why he didn't remind her who she is but then noticed he is MIA the entire time until we get to the Onigashima raid. Is this just a plot hole or did I miss something?
 

Rein Avara

aka Ēsu Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2010
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
6,476
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
Random question, but in Wano when Big Mom lost her memories from drowning in the ocean and was O-Lin for a bit, where was Prometheus? He is the most competent of her homies so I was wondering why he didn't remind her who she is but then noticed he is MIA the entire time until we get to the Onigashima raid. Is this just a plot hole or did I miss something?
He made a comment about him being shy around people, and that was about it.
 

DeadlyBeast

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 3, 2014
Messages
3,089
Reaction score
3,975
Gender
Male
Country
United States
He made a comment about him being shy around people, and that was about it.
Oh wow so Napolean just slept through the whole mess and Prometheus hid out somewhere lol. Doesn't make much sense but guess Oda at least addressed it
 

Rein Avara

aka Ēsu Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2010
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
6,476
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
Oh wow so Napolean just slept through the whole mess and Prometheus hid out somewhere lol. Doesn't make much sense but guess Oda at least addressed it
Oh sorry Napoleon was the shy one and Prometheus was just no where to be seen, I'm guessing he was with the big mom pirates (Because he would have died had he fallen into the ocean with BM).
 

DeadlyBeast

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 3, 2014
Messages
3,089
Reaction score
3,975
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oh sorry Napoleon was the shy one and Prometheus was just no where to be seen, I'm guessing he was with the big mom pirates (Because he would have died had he fallen into the ocean with BM).
Hm then how did Prometheus ever join Big Mom later on in Onigashima raid? The BM pirates never made it and he wasn't with Perspero (as far as I recall). It's like Oda conveniently left him out to make the whole BM amnesia thing work
 

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Hm then how did Prometheus ever join Big Mom later on in Onigashima raid? The BM pirates never made it and he wasn't with Perspero (as far as I recall). It's like Oda conveniently left him out to make the whole BM amnesia thing work
I never thought about it (mostly because I may have skimmed over Boring Mom segments) but it's a blatant plothole. There's no making sense of that.
 
Last edited:

DeadlyBeast

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 3, 2014
Messages
3,089
Reaction score
3,975
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I never thought about it (mostly because I may have skimmed over Boring Mom segments) but it's a blatant plothole. There's no making sense to that.
Same here. I was just rewatching some of the episodes with the hiatus and all, and noticed that Prometheus was no where to be seen until the raid. Def seems like a plot hole.
 

john ellis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2015
Messages
669
Reaction score
365
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
it's very likely the current bounties of the worst generation surpass the amount of the orginal yonko. They're 2 mil short and zoro and killers bounties are missing updates aswell as a few others. Or theyre very very close
 

AINSOOALGOWN_SAMA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2018
Messages
655
Reaction score
580
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
it's very likely the current bounties of the worst generation surpass the amount of the orginal yonko. They're 2 mil short and zoro and killers bounties are missing updates aswell as a few others. Or theyre very very close
I feel only Luffy will surpass their bounties and as an extension, Roger's bounty as well.
As it stands, the Worst Generation (except Luffy and perhaps Blackbeard) are weaker in comparison to the OG Yonko. There's much room for improvement but I don't see the others reaching that level till the story concludes.
 
Top