One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Ground Rules for the Power Level Discussion Thread
​

As always, please follow the guidelines set by the Forum Rules that apply across the board.

It's important that discussions from a current chapter are spoiler tagged until 24h have passed from an english release.

  • For the sake of constructive discussion, where and when possible please quote/ source any information you provide. Particularly when it comes to conversations carried over from other threads.
  • Avoid passive agressive posts, sly remarks or baiting/trolling. You can certainly have fun or disagree without it being at someone's expense.
  • Only use anime examples that are canon and as means to provide clarity to pages in the manga. Any other anime material is otherwise non-canon and should only be referenced if it can be proved that the mangaka had approved it.
  • We will strive to avoid repetitive discussions and any extensive battle topics will be guided to the Davy Back fight to existing threads or new ones can be made there.

As of now these topics are shelved due to repetitiveness or until the manga can present us with material to further discussions:

  1. Shanks v Mihawk
  2. Hand to hand fighters > Swordsmen
  3. Zoro > Luffy
  4. Zoro v Sanji
  5. Is Smoker a top 30 character?
  6. Mihawk's rank within the story
  7. Law having CoC currently.
  8. Katakuri > Kaido/Luffy/Etc.

If you wish to continue any of these discussion and remove it from the list, you will need to provide manga material as proof. If there's also anything you think we've covered numerous times, let me know and I'll update the list.

This is the only warning there'll be regarding these ground rules, anything no adhering will be removed. So please just check your posts before posting them.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

thedude

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2014
Messages
2,256
Reaction score
3,045
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't think Kaido's kid will be in BM's crew, but it would be a cool twist. I mean, she has like 80 kids, why not one with her former crewmate?

I wonder where Smoothie ranks in the YC group on the island right now. She's a wildcard, we really don't know much about her strength. Biscuit is also there, right? So he's YC level. Is Cracker there as well? That could be 6 YC level people, which would give everyone a good fight (I don't care that they've already lost, they are still strong enough to match up with people).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I'm talking about in context of being a powerful offspring


Probably not, but wasn't it said that Big Mom's overall crew was stronger/superior?
I'd have to think Shanks crew is the strongest pound for pound. They are the smallest, and yet BM still included them in the group she could defeat if she had the giants on her side. She probably thinks she can beat them anyway (they all likely do), but they all know the victory would take too much out of them to be worth it.

Makes me wonder about the strength of Beckham, Lucky Roo, and Yassop. Those 3 must be monsters.
 
Last edited:

XXGenesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2011
Messages
3,135
Reaction score
1,885
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Turkmenistan
Figuring out the difference in Crew strength between the yonkou's is hard...

WB had 14 Division Captains. Top 4 were Commander Lv. & the other 10 were strong NW captains VA lv & maybe above..with tons of Fodder....Marco, Ace, Jozu & Vista are dope. Ace was strong but as 2nd I doubt he's a match for Katakuri or any other 1B threat. & the other 10 captains manages to survive and have clashes but overall strength is still obscure, which is why I say VA & above as many were seen fighting VA, etc..

BM crew is compromised of her 50+ children and a few other notably strong Pirates. BM has 4 commanders however most of her children serve as executive members. Majority who are very strong or decent fighters..So Katakuri, Smoothie, Cracker & Snack. Then there's a plethora of Executives Pespero, Oven, Daifuku, Tamago ,(*Jimbei & Capone)they left but were good additions..& many more children who are decent fighters
Overall I think BM commanders are as strong as WB are, but her executives seem to he slightly superior than WB's 10 captains..even BM fodder which she can help to produce seem to be troublesome in a grand crew battle. Commanders overall imo seem weaker than WB top 4 for sure..

Kaidou's full crew isnt finsihed being shown but he has 3, 1B bounty commanders. Flyling 6 unit & multiple headliners like Hawkins, Scrtshcman Appo, Elephant warden & as always many fodder lv beast Pirates with smile/sad fruit abilities. Kiadou's commanders Imo at the moment seem to be the most threatening their bounties total 3B+. However is lower ranks fotlr headliners are Ass. Hawkins & even Drake arent staying in the crew, so Hopefully most of the flying 6 are strong Pirates. Because Holdem, Speed, hippo etc were pathetic

BB is not looking too shabby with his 10 Captains. Many which are very dangerous and true potential or threat hasnt been seen yet. But Burgess was no chump, Shiryuu, Doctor, Sniper etc all are big threats. End of anaylyze only hype can describe his captains at the moment.

Shanks his cree csn only he described from Hype also. But we do know he has 100k bounty fodder lv characters. So his crew doesnt seem to be weak at all..

Thoughts?

So all Yonkou seem to have traitors within their
 

thedude

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2014
Messages
2,256
Reaction score
3,045
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Figuring out the difference in Crew strength between the yonkou's is hard...

WB had 14 Division Captains. Top 4 were Commander Lv. & the other 10 were strong NW captains VA lv & maybe above..with tons of Fodder....Marco, Ace, Jozu & Vista are dope. Ace was strong but as 2nd I doubt he's a match for Katakuri or any other 1B threat. & the other 10 captains manages to survive and have clashes but overall strength is still obscure, which is why I say VA & above as many were seen fighting VA, etc..

BM crew is compromised of her 50+ children and a few other notably strong Pirates. BM has 4 commanders however most of her children serve as executive members. Majority who are very strong or decent fighters..So Katakuri, Smoothie, Cracker & Snack. Then there's a plethora of Executives Pespero, Oven, Daifuku, Tamago ,(*Jimbei & Capone)they left but were good additions..& many more children who are decent fighters
Overall I think BM commanders are as strong as WB are, but her executives seem to he slightly superior than WB's 10 captains..even BM fodder which she can help to produce seem to be troublesome in a grand crew battle. Commanders overall imo seem weaker than WB top 4 for sure..

Kaidou's full crew isnt finsihed being shown but he has 3, 1B bounty commanders. Flyling 6 unit & multiple headliners like Hawkins, Scrtshcman Appo, Elephant warden & as always many fodder lv beast Pirates with smile/sad fruit abilities. Kiadou's commanders Imo at the moment seem to be the most threatening their bounties total 3B+. However is lower ranks fotlr headliners are Ass. Hawkins & even Drake arent staying in the crew, so Hopefully most of the flying 6 are strong Pirates. Because Holdem, Speed, hippo etc were pathetic

BB is not looking too shabby with his 10 Captains. Many which are very dangerous and true potential or threat hasnt been seen yet. But Burgess was no chump, Shiryuu, Doctor, Sniper etc all are big threats. End of anaylyze only hype can describe his captains at the moment.

Shanks his cree csn only he described from Hype also. But we do know he has 100k bounty fodder lv characters. So his crew doesnt seem to be weak at all..

Thoughts?

So all Yonkou seem to have traitors within their
I think that is a good summation. The only reason I would rank Shanks crew so high is how they talk about Yonko clashes being too destructive to even the winners crew. Shanks crew is so small, why would it hurt Big Mom that much unless his crew are all monsters on or close to Katakuri's level, right? And it's also likely that Shanks himself is a monster in terms of strength.

I go back to Big Mom specifically saying how if she had the giants she could defeat Shanks crew. We don't know anything about them, but that is enough hype for me.

We also don't know if they have a traitor, the marines said they are impregnable, which I took to mean they can't be infiltrated.
 

XXGenesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2011
Messages
3,135
Reaction score
1,885
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Turkmenistan
O yea, I forgot to add. All Yonkou crews had traitors & spies. WB's traitor was BB, who killed his 4th Commander, arrested Ace to be executed, which lead to WB & Ace being killed.

BM traitors were Jimbei & Capone. Who conspired with the SH, to steal a sketch if her poneglyph, crash & dissovle her Weeding with Germs, which led to BM complete & entire embarrassment of incompetence.

Kaidou, is going to be pissed when he realizes Drake is super secret Navy soldier & Hawkins actively let, Law walk away from custody.

BB seems to have Kuzan as his spy. Which we have to see how itll play out.
 

thedude

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2014
Messages
2,256
Reaction score
3,045
Gender
Male
Country
United States
O yea, I forgot to add. All Yonkou crews had traitors & spies. WB's traitor was BB, who killed his 4th Commander, arrested Ace to be executed, which lead to WB & Ace being killed.

BM traitors were Jimbei & Capone. Who conspired with the SH, to steal a sketch if her poneglyph, crash & dissovle her Weeding with Germs, which led to BM complete & entire embarrassment of incompetence.

Kaidou, is going to be pissed when he realizes Drake is super secret Navy soldier & Hawkins actively let, Law walk away from custody.

BB seems to have Kuzan as his spy. Which we have to see how itll play out.
Don't forget Squadro for WB! If Jinbe counts, so does he.
 

XXGenesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2011
Messages
3,135
Reaction score
1,885
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Turkmenistan
Don't forget Squadro for WB! If Jinbe counts, so does he.
Very true....Hell Even Luffy has been betrayed. Nami, Sanji, Robin, Usop(mutiny)..Sanji took it the farthest however. =/
 

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 29, 2018
Messages
5,924
Reaction score
3,413
Age
31
Country
United States
Very true....Hell Even Luffy has been betrayed. Nami, Sanji, Robin, Usop(mutiny)..Sanji took it the farthest however. =/
Nah. Usopp actually. Sanji was blackmailed and forced. Never was true betrayal, just doing to protect his friends. Guys really lost point what WCI was conveying if you think Sanji wanted to betray Luffy.
 

hokageji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 7, 2007
Messages
4,976
Reaction score
3,744
Gender
Male
Country
United States
don't think Kaido's kid will be in BM's crew, but it would be a cool twist. I mean, she has like 80 kids, why not one with her former crewmate?
well if Kaido is a different species than other humans, its definitely possible and likely to've happened.
If Kaido is a dragon, and she has a kid, then Chopper has a chance too.... JK...

I think its likely, considering that Kaido even owe's her a debt.
 

albertwv

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2019
Messages
865
Reaction score
797
Age
30
Country
United States
Figuring out the difference in Crew strength between the yonkou's is hard...

WB had 14 Division Captains. Top 4 were Commander Lv. & the other 10 were strong NW captains VA lv & maybe above..with tons of Fodder....Marco, Ace, Jozu & Vista are dope. Ace was strong but as 2nd I doubt he's a match for Katakuri or any other 1B threat. & the other 10 captains manages to survive and have clashes but overall strength is still obscure, which is why I say VA & above as many were seen fighting VA, etc..

BM crew is compromised of her 50+ children and a few other notably strong Pirates. BM has 4 commanders however most of her children serve as executive members. Majority who are very strong or decent fighters..So Katakuri, Smoothie, Cracker & Snack. Then there's a plethora of Executives Pespero, Oven, Daifuku, Tamago ,(*Jimbei & Capone)they left but were good additions..& many more children who are decent fighters
Overall I think BM commanders are as strong as WB are, but her executives seem to he slightly superior than WB's 10 captains..even BM fodder which she can help to produce seem to be troublesome in a grand crew battle. Commanders overall imo seem weaker than WB top 4 for sure..

Kaidou's full crew isnt finsihed being shown but he has 3, 1B bounty commanders. Flyling 6 unit & multiple headliners like Hawkins, Scrtshcman Appo, Elephant warden & as always many fodder lv beast Pirates with smile/sad fruit abilities. Kiadou's commanders Imo at the moment seem to be the most threatening their bounties total 3B+. However is lower ranks fotlr headliners are Ass. Hawkins & even Drake arent staying in the crew, so Hopefully most of the flying 6 are strong Pirates. Because Holdem, Speed, hippo etc were pathetic

BB is not looking too shabby with his 10 Captains. Many which are very dangerous and true potential or threat hasnt been seen yet. But Burgess was no chump, Shiryuu, Doctor, Sniper etc all are big threats. End of anaylyze only hype can describe his captains at the moment.

Shanks his cree csn only he described from Hype also. But we do know he has 100k bounty fodder lv characters. So his crew doesnt seem to be weak at all..

Thoughts?

So all Yonkou seem to have traitors within their
I agree with you on WB Pirates. Top 5 WB Commanders, I would rank them as this: Marcos>Jozu> Vista> Thatch =/> Ace. We didn't see what Thatch was capable of but since he was 4th WB Commander I can imagine he was pretty strong. I put Thatch equal to Ace because although Ace is pretty strong I dont think he was that strong. He did stop an attack from Aokiji but other than that Ace wasn't as strong as Marcos or Jozu or Vista who were veterans in the crew. Marcos Jozu and Vista basically fought off the admirals or warlords on their own. Im sure Jozu could've defeated Aokiji with hard difficulty same with Marcos vs. Kizaru. Vista would probably lose with high diff to the admirals. The rest of the WB Commanders seem pretty weak at least VA level. We saw Atomos lose to Doffy obviously so IDK why he even challenged him and with Curiel vs. Moria, Moria wouldve won that fight.
If the whole WB Pirates were complete (Ace and Thatch) at MF war, Im pretty sure they wouldve won that fight.

BM Pirates has several strong pirates besides their YCs. For example, Oven, Daifuku, Perospero, maybe Compote, Pekoms, Tamago, etc. they are all VA level and above. Their YCs seem pretty strong but IDK if they can beat any of the admirals. They can put up a high diff fight vs the admirals but winning no. Not even Katakuri can beat an admiral i think. I say this because if Katakuri can defeat an admiral then G4 Luffy can beat an admiral and even WANO level Luffy still wont be able to beat an admiral without high diff.

Beast Pirates we have 3 YCs, Flying 6, Numbers, and strong/weak headliners. the 3 YCs seem pretty strong enough to fight off an admiral as we have seen with Jack who fought 1 admiral, 1 former fleet admiral, and 3 VAs (1 who seems pretty strong and is a veteran Tsuru). Jack was alone with only fodder headliners and he survived the fight and he's the weakest among the All Stars. Queen was strong enough to survive 2 hits from Big Mom, I mean so was Capone but he looked like he was going to die if Big Mom kept attacking his castle. Queen was able to recover and strike back enough to headbutt Big MOM. We dont know much about King but I bet hes stronger than Queen and can fight an admiral. I even bet that King > Katakuri. The Flying 6 seem VA level they maybe equal to BM Pirates Oven and Daifuku etc. The Numbers seem pretty strong due to their size other than that we dont know. The rest of the headliners, Holdem, Elepphant guy, Hippo, Speed are trash.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I'd have to think Shanks crew is the strongest pound for pound. They are the smallest, and yet BM still included them in the group she could defeat if she had the giants on her side. She probably thinks she can beat them anyway (they all likely do), but they all know the victory would take too much out of them to be worth it.

Makes me wonder about the strength of Beckham, Lucky Roo, and Yassop. Those 3 must be monsters.
So far, I'd say so as well as Shanks had few mates along with him and still managed to stop the war and make Blackbeard retreat. Even Akainu was calmed down (though I have no idea if this is because of Shanks' power or if he's connected/possibly part of Tenryuubito). I feel like Shanks could succeed Whitebeard as the World's Strongest Men and even succeed Roger as the Pirate King, but he doesn't want to because it's not in his nature. Wouldn't be surprised if he was there just to help out the next Pirate King that he believed in, though.
Very true....Hell Even Luffy has been betrayed. Nami, Sanji, Robin, Usop(mutiny)..Sanji took it the farthest however. =/
Nice offtopic bait, mate
 

thedude

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2014
Messages
2,256
Reaction score
3,045
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So far, I'd say so as well as Shanks had few mates along with him and still managed to stop the war and make Blackbeard retreat. Even Akainu was calmed down (though I have no idea if this is because of Shanks' power or if he's connected/possibly part of Tenryuubito). I feel like Shanks could succeed Whitebeard as the World's Strongest Men and even succeed Roger as the Pirate King, but he doesn't want to because it's not in his nature. Wouldn't be surprised if he was there just to help out the next Pirate King that he believed in, though.


Nice offtopic bait, mate
I wonder if Raleigh told Shanks about Laugh Tale and the "Will of D" and that is why Shanks hasn't bothered. Maybe he's not a D and knows he isn't "the one" who can do whatever needs to be done (it occurs to me that all we know of his name is it is Shanks, nothing else. He could be a D I suppose, but even then, maybe he knows it isn't him).

I think when he met Luffy he knew he was the one to do it, and that's what excited him so much when Luffy said the same words Roger did.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I agree with you on WB Pirates. Top 5 WB Commanders, I would rank them as this: Marcos>Jozu> Vista> Thatch =/> Ace. We didn't see what Thatch was capable of but since he was 4th WB Commander I can imagine he was pretty strong. I put Thatch equal to Ace because although Ace is pretty strong I dont think he was that strong. He did stop an attack from Aokiji but other than that Ace wasn't as strong as Marcos or Jozu or Vista who were veterans in the crew. Marcos Jozu and Vista basically fought off the admirals or warlords on their own. Im sure Jozu could've defeated Aokiji with hard difficulty same with Marcos vs. Kizaru. Vista would probably lose with high diff to the admirals. The rest of the WB Commanders seem pretty weak at least VA level. We saw Atomos lose to Doffy obviously so IDK why he even challenged him and with Curiel vs. Moria, Moria wouldve won that fight.
If the whole WB Pirates were complete (Ace and Thatch) at MF war, Im pretty sure they wouldve won that fight.

BM Pirates has several strong pirates besides their YCs. For example, Oven, Daifuku, Perospero, maybe Compote, Pekoms, Tamago, etc. they are all VA level and above. Their YCs seem pretty strong but IDK if they can beat any of the admirals. They can put up a high diff fight vs the admirals but winning no. Not even Katakuri can beat an admiral i think. I say this because if Katakuri can defeat an admiral then G4 Luffy can beat an admiral and even WANO level Luffy still wont be able to beat an admiral without high diff.

Beast Pirates we have 3 YCs, Flying 6, Numbers, and strong/weak headliners. the 3 YCs seem pretty strong enough to fight off an admiral as we have seen with Jack who fought 1 admiral, 1 former fleet admiral, and 3 VAs (1 who seems pretty strong and is a veteran Tsuru). Jack was alone with only fodder headliners and he survived the fight and he's the weakest among the All Stars. Queen was strong enough to survive 2 hits from Big Mom, I mean so was Capone but he looked like he was going to die if Big Mom kept attacking his castle. Queen was able to recover and strike back enough to headbutt Big MOM. We dont know much about King but I bet hes stronger than Queen and can fight an admiral. I even bet that King > Katakuri. The Flying 6 seem VA level they maybe equal to BM Pirates Oven and Daifuku etc. The Numbers seem pretty strong due to their size other than that we dont know. The rest of the headliners, Holdem, Elepphant guy, Hippo, Speed are trash.
I disagree on Katakuri vs an Admiral. I think he very well could beat one. Luffy only "beat" him because Katakuri allowed him to fight on as he was intrigued by Luffy's growth. It's highly unlikely he'd fight an Admiral with the same amount of interest and respect. He'd be out to kill, so it's hard to say what would happen. None have shown his future sight, so that would give him some edge, but styles make fights, so it may not help as much vs someone like Kizaru who moves at the speed of light. But against someone like Akainu or Aokiji? I think he'd have a great shot at winning, as good or better than someone like Marco.
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,384
Reaction score
12,172
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Thoughts?
I think they'd mainly even out in the grand scheme of things. A lot of the bounty stuff, I'd say, is just an unfortunate case of narrative hype and progression. I think the only two Yonkou who may have higher quality crew or just a stronger crew in general are Shanks and Blackbeard.

Whitebeard:
WB's crew was probably the largest of all the Yonkou and his Commanders were all probably of a decent quality. Not stupendously strong like Marco and, seemingly, Jozu and Vista, but strong enough to pose enough of a threat to a certain level of opponents. Ace is an interesting case. Personally, I think he was stronger than what he was shown to be. It's just that he, like a few other notable pirates, were introduced before Haki was fully established. It wasn't like he had a bad run, all things considered. He only had one real fight and, despite losing, it wasn't like he lost against fodder. It was Blackbeard, who even got some praise from Shanks. At the least, I don't see him being stomped by Doflamingo or Cracker. Might not be guaranteed a win, but I can see him putting up a better fight earlier on than Luffy did.

Big Mom:
I think she has the same sort of situation as WB. The strength of her kids are probably less consistent than WB's commanders though. I mean, Pudding isn't exactly moving anything on the streets. You got a few high tiers sprinkled here and there that have gotten some rather decent hype, Perspero, Compote, and the other two triplets, but Katakuri is really the only super star. The real question with him and where he ranks among the other Commanders. It's be interesting if he was one of the few that's higher in power than the others. Smoothie really has to bring it. Cracker is cool, but I imagine he's getting kicked out like Biscuit. I also have high hopes for Amande. She's the 2nd favorite sister in the crew behind Smoothie, so she has to be decently reliable.

Kaido:
He has some quality folks on his team. His 3 Commanders are probably the highest quality after Shanks. Still need to see where the Flying 6 are. He also has two of the Worst Generation on his side (maybe). Depending on the Flying 6 and the Number, he may be leanings towards a top heavy crew.

Shanks:
The series itself straight up confirmed that his crew is small and high quality. Ben Beckman, Yasopp, and Lucky Roo are probably seriously strong.

Blackbeard:
Same as Shanks. Especially with them hunting Devil Fruits and having the strongest Level 6 Prisoners on his side. Don't know much else about them though. Plus he might have Kuzan on his team. That's already a significant get.
 

XXGenesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2011
Messages
3,135
Reaction score
1,885
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Turkmenistan
@albertwv

WB's Commander can't defeat the Admirals.
All it took was Jozu to lose focus for a bit and he lost an arm vs Kuzan; & wasnt a factor in the war anymore. The OG Admirals are rlly rlly strong. It's hard for me to conceptualize any commander putting them down for the K.O, while the Admirals posses such high lv offense & DF powers.

Not to say the Admirals mop the floor with any commander, I think the admirals would have a mid-diff fight against Marco, Katakuri, King, Beckman etc..

@M3J
thanks, did anybody catch jt???
Backstabbings & Traitors were the subject
It's my day1 Adamant opinion.(Aka Sanji hate). Kill me for it I guess.
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
I agree with you on WB Pirates. Top 5 WB Commanders, I would rank them as this: Marcos>Jozu> Vista> Thatch =/> Ace. We didn't see what Thatch was capable of but since he was 4th WB Commander I can imagine he was pretty strong. I put Thatch equal to Ace because although Ace is pretty strong I dont think he was that strong.
I think Ace was quite strong, since the crew wanted him to become the captain after Whitebeard. I would even risk saying he was even with Marco.

No idea about Thatch.

Im sure Jozu could've defeated Aokiji with hard difficulty same with Marcos vs. Kizaru. Vista would probably lose with high diff to the admirals.
IMHO they never stood a chance against the Admirals.

Jozu managed to hit Aokiji by surprise, but Aokiji was still standing. When Jozu was distracted, he was defeated immediately. So you can tell there's a difference between them.

Marco and Vista also combined forces to attack Akainu, and were only an annoyance to him. And apparently all commanders failed to stop Akainu.

I presume Marco and Vista were stronger than Jozu, since the later didn't lasted as much as them.

If the whole WB Pirates were complete (Ace and Thatch) at MF war, Im pretty sure they wouldve won that fight.
I had say... the Whitebeard Pirate were sorta of a punching bag, except for Whitebeard himself who was destroying everything ahead of him.

At the end of the battle, the Whitebeard Pirates were at their limit, while the strongest fighters on the other side were mostly untouched. I don't think two commanders would make a difference.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I wonder if Raleigh told Shanks about Laugh Tale and the "Will of D" and that is why Shanks hasn't bothered. Maybe he's not a D and knows he isn't "the one" who can do whatever needs to be done (it occurs to me that all we know of his name is it is Shanks, nothing else. He could be a D I suppose, but even then, maybe he knows it isn't him).

I think when he met Luffy he knew he was the one to do it, and that's what excited him so much when Luffy said the same words Roger did.
I think he did, and Shanks probably decided to be the support or look for the possible successor. He most likely isn't a D or isn't strong or crazy enough to succeed Roger like Luffy seems to be

thanks, did anybody catch jt???
Backstabbings & Traitors were the subject
It's my day1 Adamant opinion.(Aka Sanji hate). Kill me for it I guess.
No, this thread is about Power Levels, not betrayals and backstabbings. Otherwise I don't care about the Sanji hate, it's generally stupid and nonsense.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
None. Even Zoro doesn't mention Shanks vs. Mihawk.

Mihawk's title is the World's Strongest Swordsman, not the World's Greatest Fighter. He can be the best swordsman but not a great fighter, otherwise he'd have the hype that Whitebeard and Kaidou did/does.
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
I think he did, and Shanks probably decided to be the support or look for the possible successor. He most likely isn't a D or isn't strong or crazy enough to succeed Roger like Luffy seems to be
The most we got was Buggy saying he wanted to see the treasure, and Shanks telling Buggy that he will see it on his own when they grow up.

This also suggests Shanks do want to get to Laugh Tale.
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
Didn't Shanks and Mihawk fought many times?
 

Luke Beifong

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2019
Messages
167
Reaction score
176
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
In my opinion the problem with WB crew and the Admirals is that they have the spotlight before the time-skip. At that time the power levels are much different than they are today. I think the Fleet Admiral have the power of a Yonko and the Admirals the power of the Yonko Commanders. I always think that the Marines have the same power of the Yonkos crews.

Just to be crystal clear, in my opinion the power pyramid is the following:

Akainu = Kaido = BM = Shanks. I don’t know if BB is stronger than them, he seems to be as strong as they are, but I don’t know if I put him in the same level or a level above them.

Kizaru, Fujitora, Green Bull = Katakuri, Cracker, Smoothie = King, Queen, Jack. Again we have a problem here. BB crew seems to be overpower, all of them seems to be monstrous strong. I don’t know if I put them here or a little above this guys. And Shanks crew seems to be a little stronger than them to since they are said to be close to Shanks in power. Marco to is said to be fairly strong (he is mentioned as one of the very few that can fight with BB) so I put the trio of WB as Vista, Jozu and Thatch or Ace.

I think it just a matter of seeing the patterns in all those groups. A leader, tree strong trust man and a larger group of strong individuals to make a good support. They are the Vice Admirals of Marines, the Ministers of BM, the F6 and the numbers of Kaido, the others commanders of WB
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
In my opinion the problem with WB crew and the Admirals is that they have the spotlight before the time-skip. At that time the power levels are much different than they are today.
I don't think that was the case. The only real fights an Admiral had was against Whitebeard.

I think the Fleet Admiral have the power of a Yonko and the Admirals the power of the Yonko Commanders.
I don't think it was ever implied that the Fleet Admiral was stronger. The Admirals are called "the strongest" of the world government. Also the Japanese for Fleet Admiral also implies it's more of an administrative position.
 
Top