Discussion - One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread | Page 522 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ground Rules for the Power Level Discussion Thread

As always, please follow the guidelines set by the Forum Rules that apply across the board.

It's important that discussions from a current chapter are spoiler tagged until 24h have passed from an english release.

• For the sake of constructive discussion, where and when possible please quote/ source any information you provide. Particularly when it comes to conversations carried over from other threads.
  • Avoid passive agressive posts, sly remarks or baiting/trolling. You can certainly have fun or disagree without it being at someone's expense.
  • Only use anime examples that are canon and as means to provide clarity to pages in the manga. Any other anime material is otherwise non-canon and should only be referenced if it can be proved that the mangaka had approved it.
  • We will strive to avoid repetitive discussions and any extensive battle topics will be guided to the Davy Back fight to existing threads or new ones can be made there.

As of now these topics are shelved due to repetitiveness or until the manga can present us with material to further discussions:

1. Shanks v Mihawk
  2. Hand to hand fighters > Swordsmen
  3. Zoro > Luffy
  4. Zoro v Sanji
  5. Is Smoker a top 30 character?
  6. Mihawk's rank within the story
  7. Law having CoC currently.
  8. Katakuri > Kaido/Luffy/Etc.

If you wish to continue any of these discussion and remove it from the list, you will need to provide manga material as proof. If there's also anything you think we've covered numerous times, let me know and I'll update the list.

This is the only warning there'll be regarding these ground rules, anything no adhering will be removed. So please just check your posts before posting them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Qenjin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Douglas wipes the floor with kaido.:hi

He was able to wash most of the supernovas while fighting them all at once. Kaido with yonko backup is having trouble with just 5.
Yes, but later in the movie Luffy overpowered him in G4 with new techniques, a feat that luffy couldn't accomplish even after power up with haki flow and conqueror haki yet vs Kaido. After 9 scabbards, 5 SN, Kaido still seems fresh and unfazed.

Lord Traffy Law

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know Douglas Bullet isn't canon. But what do you think after all we have seen from Kaido, would Kaido beat bullet in 1v1 ? I feel like they are similar in terms of strength, just kaido is more durable, so ultimately Kaido would win.
Douglas wipes the floor with kaido.:hi

He was able to wash most of the supernovas while fighting them all at once. Kaido with yonko backup is having trouble with just 5.
Kaido is dog walking Douglas bullet
Remember Douglas fought pre wano luffy
Remember what kaido did pre prison luffy

the supernovas we are seeing are vastly stronger than they were in stampede

howver Douglas could likely take on an emperors in a fight and not get embarrassed
He’s ridiculously powerful

Ellenate

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, but later in the movie Luffy overpowered him in G4 with new techniques, a feat that luffy couldn't accomplish even after power up with haki flow and conqueror haki yet vs Kaido. After 9 scabbards, 5 SN, Kaido still seems fresh and unfazed.

it took a warlord
revolutionaries second in command (right...?)
another supernova
and a marine to make an opening for luffy. at that point, it felt like anybody could've delivered that finishing blow.

also Douglas was fighting the whole island when he first popped up.

If kaido was place in the same situation, he's not making it out alive (unless he has some hidden OP ability up his... bracelet).

I wish douglas was the villain and not kaido. :feelsbadman

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
I wish douglas was the villain and not kaido.
i personally havent seen the movie, but caught up to random bits of it and i wasn't impressed. The OP movie villains are over-powered like crazy... Atleast with the manga villains, there is a decent hype built around them.

Honestly, if you wanna pick a movie villain in power levels, only Shiki makes sense... it took both Garp and Sengoku to taken him down. Again, havent seen his battle with Luffy but we should keep movies out of it... Shiki would make a great villain and perhaps Oda will bring up his DF back in some manner, even if he doesnt bring back SHiki

FetherMan

Reaction score
Country
United States
@M3J He was the latest villain in the "One Piece: Stampede" film that came out a few years ago. Douglas Bullet was also, a member of the Roger pirates crew and grew incredibly strong in Impel Down.

Regarding Bullet vs. Kaido in a fight, I think, it would be pretty epic and amazing. However, not sure, if Bullet would easily defeat Kaido, let alone Big Mom or Shanks, even. Now Bullet vs. Shanks would be more interesting given they come from the same pirate crew. :teach

Ellenate

Reaction score
Country
United States
i personally havent seen the movie, but caught up to random bits of it and i wasn't impressed.

i'd take a ham sandwich with a monocle at this point-

kaido is just an abusive drunk and the possibility of him beating yamato half to death isn't making it any better.

i hope she can put up a fight (...narratively, something has to distract kaido, so she should be able to).

though i prefer it, yamato being able to hold off kaido unassisted would be bs.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
@M3J He was the latest villain in the "One Piece: Stampede" film that came out a few years ago. Douglas Bullet was also, a member of the Roger pirates crew and grew incredibly strong in Impel Down.

Regarding Bullet vs. Kaido in a fight, I think, it would be pretty epic and amazing. However, not sure, if Bullet would easily defeat Kaido, let alone Big Mom or Shanks, even. Now Bullet vs. Shanks would be more interesting given they come from the same pirate crew. :teach
So weird. IS he even canon?

Lord Traffy Law

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Kaido is one shooting everyone in stampede minus Hancock and sabo
This isn’t awakened wano luffy that kaido is fighting it’s a weaker version than the luffy that got one shot in
They can’t harm kaido he’s steam rolling them all eventually
Remember none of them can harm kaiso , they don’t have kings haki or flow haki

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
kaido>bullet

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
So weird. IS he even canon?
no, he isnt... and thank god for that....
I thinkShiki is the only villain from the movies to be canon in the manga.

FetherMan

Reaction score
Country
United States
kaido>bullet
Yeah, but the Marines were prepared to use Buster Call on Bullet. That’s saying a lot about his strength. 🤔

I think, Big Mom is stronger than Kaido, too.

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, but the Marines were prepared to use Buster Call on Bullet. That’s saying a lot about his strength. 🤔

I think, Big Mom is stronger than Kaido, too.
They call a buster call on robin’s hometown and it in enies lobby so that’s really irrelevant. Plus this is pre wano supernova

possible but I doubt she is

thedude

Reaction score
Country
United States
So far Sanji only landed a kick on Queen. At least in the last chapter it didn't looked like they were having a match, and were back at fighting fooder...

There's still Perosperos. Apparently fire is his weakness.
"leave that dinosaur to me" in one chapter..and then "eh, Perosporo, the guy who Neko explictly went off to fight, a guy who got knocked out of the area...he is who Sanji will fight".

I mean...I don't know how to debate people like you who intentionally read a different manga than the one Oda is writing, all for a purpose i can't quite comprehend.

There is also literally no indication they are fighting fodder in the recent chapter. We only see Queen in a very wide shot looking up towards the stage, and a panel of Sanji's face also reacting to that.

Can we all stick to the actual manga?

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Wasn't Bullet said to be as strong as Roger?
No, he loses to Roger in his flashback. Buggy said he was as strong as Rayleigh back in the day, and he's supposedly gotten stronger.

FetherMan

Reaction score
Country
United States
They call a buster call on robin’s hometown and it in enies lobby so that’s really irrelevant. Plus this is pre wano supernova

possible but I doubt she is
You kind of made my point, I mean a buster call for a town is one thing, but for 1 person says a lot…😕

I Am Atomic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bullet Vs Supernova is how I thought the fight between Kaido and the rest will play out. All I saw was Kaido getting pummeled and then take everyone out using his CoC.
I hope the anime can make it good!

Bullet on the other hand outskilled everyone easily. His defeat was BS anyway.

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Didn’t Luffy defeat Shiki during a movie before he even defeated Katakuri….

Movies aren’t cannon. I’m down for fun non-cannon talks. But Bullet who?? I know where he’s from, but why do I care????? Lol

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
The point is that a movie handled an Emperor-level character vs everyone way better than the manga.
I guess, I haven’t seen the film. Still yet since he’s not cannon. He does Jack shit for me personally; As he isn’t a real character, just a one shot, what if character in a what if story written by ODA.

It’s not the SuperNova’s Endevaor against the Yonkou Imo; Which still does hold a bit of inconsistency.

It’s the overall pre conceived notion of Yonkou’s being nigh invulnerable & one hit k.o anyone not on their level.