Discussion - One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread | Page 62 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ground Rules for the Power Level Discussion Thread

As always, please follow the guidelines set by the Forum Rules that apply across the board.

It's important that discussions from a current chapter are spoiler tagged until 24h have passed from an english release.

• For the sake of constructive discussion, where and when possible please quote/ source any information you provide. Particularly when it comes to conversations carried over from other threads.
  • Avoid passive agressive posts, sly remarks or baiting/trolling. You can certainly have fun or disagree without it being at someone's expense.
  • Only use anime examples that are canon and as means to provide clarity to pages in the manga. Any other anime material is otherwise non-canon and should only be referenced if it can be proved that the mangaka had approved it.
  • We will strive to avoid repetitive discussions and any extensive battle topics will be guided to the Davy Back fight to existing threads or new ones can be made there.

As of now these topics are shelved due to repetitiveness or until the manga can present us with material to further discussions:

1. Shanks v Mihawk
  2. Hand to hand fighters > Swordsmen
  3. Zoro > Luffy
  4. Zoro v Sanji
  5. Is Smoker a top 30 character?
  6. Mihawk's rank within the story
  7. Law having CoC currently.
  8. Katakuri > Kaido/Luffy/Etc.

If you wish to continue any of these discussion and remove it from the list, you will need to provide manga material as proof. If there's also anything you think we've covered numerous times, let me know and I'll update the list.

This is the only warning there'll be regarding these ground rules, anything no adhering will be removed. So please just check your posts before posting them.

Last edited by a moderator:

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Very possible that it's just that Kaido is so powerful he makes up the difference between Bm's crew powerful crew and his own less powerful.

By percentage, let's just say BM is 50% of her crews strength and the rest of her crew is the other 50%

Whereas Kaido is 75% of his crews strength and the rest of his crew is the remaining 25%

It would make them equal but their power distribution is divided differently.
If that's true then why did Big Mom try to ally with the giants and was upset at losing the alliance and thus their power to take down her enemies? If her crew is really that strong, then they should be able to whittle down Kaidou's crew, even if they can't beat Kaidou himself.

Pirate Queen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
If that's true then why did Big Mom try to ally with the giants and was upset at losing the alliance and thus their power to take down her enemies? If her crew is really that strong, then they should be able to whittle down Kaidou's crew, even if they can't beat Kaidou himself.
It would result in a pyrrhic victory on either side

AINSOOALGOWN_SAMA

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
It would result in a pyrrhic victory on either side
Which is why she requires the giant army to assure her of no such outcome save a total victory against anyone. Yonko, WG, you name them.

Pirate King level if you will...

Reactions: M3J

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Funny thing is, Luffy and Roger seem to be the only ones who'd take on enemies regardless of power, whereas the other Yonkou and Marines fear a Pyrrhic victory followed by a second opponent finishing them off. Luffy and others would just say "COME AT ME BRO!"

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Funny thing is, Luffy and Roger seem to be the only ones who'd take on enemies regardless of power, whereas the other Yonkou and Marines fear a Pyrrhic victory followed by a second opponent finishing them off. Luffy and others would just say "COME AT ME BRO!"
The beauty of it all!!!!! Lol

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Only way I can see Yonkou and Marines waging an open war is if all sides partake against each other and lose a great deal, and there's another player unless a group joins another.

AriesNoShion

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Hardening (Black Haki) is Superior to Invisible Haki at an individual level.

Luffy's Black Haki is superior to his Invisible Haki, that much is a fact. Zoro's Black Haki is superior to his Invisible Haki. Sai's Black Haki is superior to his Invisible Haki.

Characters don't all have an equal level of Haki. Cracker's Invisible Haki is inferior to his own Black Haki, however, it's possible for Cracker to simply have a level of Haki so high that even his Invisible Armament is superior to Luffy's Black Haki.
> omo lets check OP discussion
< someone has to defend the fact that there are two, displayed stages of haki

^^ Guess who was right??

And yes, I went back only to rub this in their faces,even if they are not here anymore :dancin

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
It's just anime though, shouldn't be considered canon.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's just anime though, shouldn't be considered canon.
Pretty sure it is. Oda wouldn't let them do this if it would mess up series especially characters who he deem on their Haki lvl especially. So for them to do this, Oda probably agree with it.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
It was sorta shown in the manga too... Though not very apparently.
Where? though I believe he does have blackening as well.
Pretty sure it is. Oda wouldn't let them do this if it would mess up series especially characters who he deem on their Haki lvl especially. So for them to do this, Oda probably agree with it.
I'm sure he would or at least wouldn't care.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Where? though I believe he does have blackening as well.

I'm sure he would or at least wouldn't care.
Nah. So far they do canon filler in-between chapters to extend it more. For them to slip up and put Haki on a character without Oda's knowledge would hear from him about it. Oda stated in interview anime do extend stuff to his approval, thus making it canon. If Oda allowed this, means Sanji can really visible do it without only on black attire.

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
One thing that cheered my soul was to see that mochi gatling used by Katakuri as a major attack. Oda probably thought of him using it after the battle was finished in-manga and rushed to inform the anime staff. The way they need filler, they probably set up a hot-line and continuous face-chat (black screened so his face does not seer their eyes out) with Oda-sensei so that he can inform them of any fresh ideas he missed a chance to implement.

Such as Sanji using hardening. It would be really weird if he couldn't use it. Or perhaps he unlocked it while the fighting in Whole Cake took place and ODa just decided to let the anime display that fact?

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
One thing that cheered my soul was to see that mochi gatling used by Katakuri as a major attack. Oda probably thought of him using it after the battle was finished in-manga and rushed to inform the anime staff. The way they need filler, they probably set up a hot-line and continuous face-chat (black screened so his face does not seer their eyes out) with Oda-sensei so that he can inform them of any fresh ideas he missed a chance to implement.

Such as Sanji using hardening. It would be really weird if he couldn't use it. Or perhaps he unlocked it while the fighting in Whole Cake took place and ODa just decided to let the anime display that fact?
Pretty sure he has it all along as stated by Luffy and Judge. Sanji always wear a black suit and shoes, so hard to show coloring of it if he is in black attire. This can push more capabitiles for Sanji on using Armament easily like that.

Deleted member 169696

Pretty sure he has it all along as stated by Luffy and Judge. Sanji always wear a black suit and shoes, so hard to show coloring of it if he is in black attire. This can push more capabitiles for Sanji on using Armament easily like that.
If black armament is indeed canon then I'm happy for Sanji! However Oda could have shown it more clearly in the manga... 😌

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
If black armament is indeed canon then I'm happy for Sanji! However Oda could have shown it more clearly in the manga... 😌
Sure thing, but he also wanted to show off Smoothie more, but couldn't as much as he wanted to also move the plot SBS as stated. Doesn't take away her position at all. Could be same on Sanji as he was doing more development on his character. Probably ask studio to add that scene to showcase the scene in the manga better.

albertwv

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all, I am new to the forum & have read the last 10 pages. I disagree with some of you and agree with others. First of all in my opinion I think the Admirals (including Aokiji) are below the Yonkous & are roughly the same as Yonkou Commanders case by case. I don’t think Akainu is stronger than any Yonkou. You need to stop thinking he will be the End of Series villain therefore he is the strongest out there. Look at Naruto we all thought Madara(Tobi/Óbito) would be the main villain but then the real Madara showed up but then Kaguya showed up. So I’m crossing out both B.B. and Akainu as end of series villains, I’m not saying they won’t be there but I’m sure someone else might show up.

Also as of Wano country, Luffy is on par with Dogtooth, although I believe Dogtooth should’ve won that fight but whatever to me they’re equally strong as of right now. But Luffy or Dogtooth are not on par with the Admirals maybe Fuji but not Kizaru or Aokiji (can’t say about the Green bull).

Sanji is a tough one, he’s definitely improved I guess since Punk Hazard. He lost to Vergo, who was stronger than Smoker but weaker than Law. Sanji hasn’t been shown using CoA, which he probably has though. I don’t think Sanji was strong enough to beat Daifuku or Oven. Maybe with his raid suit now he can.

Zolo well he can defeat Pika who I think was stronger than Vergo or equal just because he was big. So therefore Zolo > Vergo > Smoker. Zolo can probably defeat Hawkins or at least tie in a match so I think Zolo = Hawkins = Law. They’re in the same category of course Luffy can beat them all. I wish we could see more of Zolo.

Now Jack, he’s definitely the weakest among the Calamities, but he’s one strong guy, he fought Sengoku & Fuji together (off panel) and survived he’s crazy. I’m basing off his power off that, also he clashed with Cat & Dog for 5 days. He could’ve won if it was a one on one. Next Shutenmaru who was said to be almost as equal to Dog, he fought Jack and it seemed as a stalemate. So to me it’s Jack > Shutenmaru > Dog/Cat. I also think that Jack is probably as strong as Dogtooth. I do not see Dogtooth or Luffy fighting off Sengoku & Fuji & Tsuru and escaping, or maybe am wrong.

At last the Revolutionaries, Sabo is the second in command therefore 2nd strongest I believe, but I don’t think he could’ve defeated Fuji or Doffy. I just don’t see it, neither Ace if he were alive. I don’t think Ace could’ve beaten them. So Luffy > Ace/Sabo. I’m not ranking Dragon just yet because we have barely seen anything. He’s maybe high Yonko Commsnder level. I do not like to rank individuals who we barely seen anything from.

nik87

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Welcome young padawan!
So I’m crossing out both B.B. and Akainu as end of series villains, I’m not saying they won’t be there but I’m sure someone else might show up.
Uhm, Kong, Gorosei, Im-sama?
First of all in my opinion I think the Admirals (including Aokiji) are below the Yonkous & are roughly the same as Yonkou Commanders case by case.
Admirals should be significantly stronger than commanders of the Yonko's but not too much, 2 commanders vs 1 admiral could be a close call, imo.
Sanji hasn’t been shown using CoA, which he probably has though.
Not specifically shown but mentioned by Judge that he has it when he blocked his spear, Hardening version was never shown tho.
Now Jack, he’s definitely the weakest among the Calamities, but he’s one strong guy, he fought Sengoku & Fuji together (off panel) and survived he’s crazy. I’m basing off his power off that, also he clashed with Cat & Dog for 5 days. He could’ve won if it was a one on one. Next Shutenmaru who was said to be almost as equal to Dog, he fought Jack and it seemed as a stalemate. So to me it’s Jack > Shutenmaru > Dog/Cat. I also think that Jack is probably as strong as Dogtooth. I do not see Dogtooth or Luffy fighting off Sengoku & Fuji & Tsuru and escaping, or maybe am wrong.
I think it depends, I could probably see him physically stronger than King due to a superior animal but King may be far deadlier as a high ranked swordsman who also has the physical buff from Zoan fruit. Jack is likely physically stronger than Katakuri due to his fruit but also not necessarily since his punching power mimics Luffy's abilities so he can pack quite a punch, besides his future sight and his spear are quite deadly plus the awakening...
I dont think Jack fought off Sengoku, Fujitora and Tsuru, he was trashed but his recovery is impressive.
At last the Revolutionaries, Sabo is the second in command therefore 2nd strongest I believe, but I don’t think he could’ve defeated Fuji or Doffy. I just don’t see it, neither Ace if he were alive. I don’t think Ace could’ve beaten them. So Luffy > Ace/Sabo. I’m not ranking Dragon just yet because we have barely seen anything. He’s maybe high Yonko Commsnder level. I do not like to rank individuals who we barely seen anything from.
I agree about Ace but Sabo should be stronger than Luffy as he has shown incredible armament and with no mastery over the DF he clashed with Fujitora, both werent serious but still. I can see Dragon close to Yonko level because everything else wouldn't make much sense. Leader of the major army that opposes WG with around 10 strong underlings has to be strong himself. It would be quite a surprise that anyone in the Monkey D family isnt incredible strong. Garp and Luffy are strong, Dragon has to be as well.