Pelvic Sorcery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

Bob, you don't read much manga, do you?

Have you perhaps read a manga that I haven't, a short one that's recommendable?
Have you read Bakune Young?
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,048
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

From my experience, its best to drop most of what Xad says within 4 or 5 chapters. Anime a crude 2/3 episodes top.
Tv shows, :nah.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant



I like the cover. What do you think bob?
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant



I like the cover. What do you think bob?
I didn't think I'd like it but it's quite good. Kuroko doesn't look as moe as she does in the series but that's fine, I guess. Did you say there was an english release already?
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

What do you find moe?
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

I didn't think I'd like it but it's quite good. Kuroko doesn't look as moe as she does in the series but that's fine, I guess. Did you say there was an english release already?
Well it is the first volume so the art is still a bit weird. :D

This is the cover of the recent english volume:



It got a lot better.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

What do you find moe?
With that particular character, it's more her expression and mannerisms. She seems normal here.

Well it is the first volume so the art is still a bit weird. :D

This is the cover of the recent english volume:



It got a lot better.
I would've thought that was a DVD cover. Vast difference from the first cover for sure.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

Well manga art changes over time. I think it looks pretty good by now. Although the JC Staff version is still in a completely different league.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

Yeah that's very true. This reminds me of the OP volume covers. Looking at the difference in style now just makes you aware of how time has passed. Not to say they were bad; there were some really good ones.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

Yeah One Piece' art back then was rather simple too. it is always great to reread the whole Manga and to look at the changes. Nami was almost flat back then... :XD
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

Yeah One Piece' art back then was rather simple too. it is always great to reread the whole Manga and to look at the changes. Nami was almost flat back then... :XD
Also some of the latter ones felt clustered too. Even though the old ones had many characters on there too at times, the style and layout made that factor not really matter.
In that respect I've sometimes enjoyed simpler covers like the one with just Whitebeard's face on and his crew at the bottom( they could honestly have done without that). There should really have more of those.
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

*Join in*

I think Misaka in the Manga series of Railgun is cooler compared to her traits in Anime. I like both, though honestly I prefer Misaka in the manga series. It's definitely worth reading bobsters, considering that you have watched Railgun anime as well. Maybe you can move on to Index too, sometime :p
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

I do plan on starting with Index anime at some point; I could've sworn I had downloaded it too, but I can't find it :headscratch. Sometimes I wonder what I do with my time; so much to watch :sweatbunny.
I'll see if I can find the Railgun manga online somewhere. But Kuroko is my favourite character, not Misaka. Though The Railgun is quite cool.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,239
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

I can't find myself to watch/read the Railgun series because I love Index so much, but Railgun is supposed to leave Index in the dark..

I don't want that! :crying
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

I do plan on starting with Index anime at some point; I could've sworn I had downloaded it too, but I can't find it :headscratch. Sometimes I wonder what I do with my time; so much to watch :sweatbunny.
I'll see if I can find the Railgun manga online somewhere. But Kuroko is my favourite character, not Misaka. Though The Railgun is quite cool.
Be prepared though, Index's anime adaptation is poor, especially the first season. Shame, because Misaka > all girls in Index :hip

I can't find myself to watch/read the Railgun series because I love Index so much, but Railgun is supposed to leave Index in the dark..

I don't want that! :crying
You can view Railgun as a stand alone series, in my opinion. Except for Touma's appearances here and there, Railgun's plot is much smaller in scope, with manageable size of cast compared to Index. Trust me, you wouldn't regret it.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

Ha! I think I mentioned this somewhere else already, but I started with Railgun S, so the second season with the Sisters Arc :XD I need to go back and watch the first too, then I'll get to Index's 2 seasons. Where can I get good quality of Railgun's first season? Coalgirls doesn't have it.
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Re: Because Beer Can Make You Look Pregnant

Uh, I am not sure I could help you in that, sorry. But just google for any anime torrenting sites, probably it could help. I had looked into Nyaa but I found nothing.
Yeah, I think you mentioned in here or in my thread that you started watching Railgun S without watching Railgun prior.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top