Pinoy Community v. 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
So... you're suggesting I stick to firefox? My friend also says that Chrome greatly speeds up the browsing?
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
speeds up brwsing? technically, firefox does the same. it's called caching, but the difference is chrome actually stores more data than firefox, which may lead to a cache of more than 1Gb. sure, you're browsing faster, but your hard disk space takes a hit.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
well. okay so I'm satisfied. :oh
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
and before you ask, i use both. at the same time.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
well like, now I'm asking. Why and what for? -________-

PS: I hate commuting in Manila. I just... It's one of my TOP 5 reasons why I don't wanna work here but like, as if I have a choice and I'm taking this goddang exam to get a job and stuff.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
you know those browser-based rpg mmo's? well, i load up one account on chrome and use my alt on the other. no need to have other people in the party. especially when i'm feeling anti-social.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
FOREVER ALONE!
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
LOL :))

and before the advent of boards checking for poster's IP's, I once used multiple browsers to harass someone.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
eeeeexactly what I was thinking you know.

Like, what's the point of playing these social online games if not to be anti-social?
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
There are times when you just want to get the benefits of social gaming without having to deal with the trouble of a potential idiot or the randomness of people not being there.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Why Kuro-tan, thou art alive!
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
I've been lurking every day :D.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Same. I open 3 tabs when I turn my PC/laptop on at night; gmail, FB, and MH.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
holy shit. i can never believe ghost rider's sequel is coming.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
hm. My homepages are MH, Mangatraders, and Epicurious.
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
holy shit. i can never believe ghost rider's sequel is coming.
I wonder why they even bothered with a sequel. I thought the first was a dud both financially and cinematographically.

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

The songs in Heartstrings really sound like the ones in He's Beautiful.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
I wonder why they even bothered with a sequel. I thought the first was a dud both financially and cinematographically.
.
As I understand it, Nick Cage took a HUGE hit in his payroll just to make this sequel come into production. >.>

Them comic studios and their "reboots". GI Joe's sequel is practically the same too, retconning the first movie by killing the majority of them nobodies (and leaving snake-eyes with a mask without that stupid mouth) and putting blockbuster names on it. I do hope that Baroness chick is still there though.

And speaking of sequels, Sherlock Holmes 2 was a blast. Sure it wasn't in "the spirit of detective shows" it spawned, but then, it's an action film.
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Nick Cage has been desperate for money recently. He almost got bankrupted during that series of hedge funds going down because of Madoff and would probably take any job. It still doesn't explain why the studio did it, though. I'll still probably see it, and maybe hope it actually fixes things.

I like the Sherlock Holmes films, and I've read all of the short stories. The first one is actually closer to the stories than the average viewer who has only seen the 1960s Rathbone movies would probably think. Conan Doyle specifically contrasted Sherlock as the action type and Mycroft as the cerebral type for a reason, and the film showed exactly how Sherlock was the late 19th century Captain America.

The second took several more liberties, but it was a fun film nonetheless. What the first film lacked (a strong villain) the second film more than compensated for (Gawd, that's a creepy Moriarty), and I liked how Ritchie contrasted his Moriarty and Holmes in the same way that Conan Doyle contrasted his.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
The songs in Heartstrings really sound like the ones in He's Beautiful.
You're watching Heartstrings!!! :tackle


I have their OST downloaded :3

Anyway, I was playing some Youtube songs you know... I realized that it's amazing what technology can do for music these days. Musicians could do their own thing, play seven different instruments at once, and perform it for millions to see, not behind huge machinery and studios and whatever. And how, starting with covers, they emerge and come up with originals and really make it out into the world, you know?

(Particular videos and bands in mind: Walk Off The Earth and Tim & Jean)
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
You're watching Heartstrings!!! :tackle


I have their OST downloaded :3
Kuriwo kuriwo sou... Kurega kuriwo sou... :D.

Such a sad series. Damned Koreans.

Anyway, I was playing some Youtube songs you know... I realized that it's amazing what technology can do for music these days. Musicians could do their own thing, play seven different instruments at once, and perform it for millions to see, not behind huge machinery and studios and whatever. And how, starting with covers, they emerge and come up with originals and really make it out into the world, you know?

(Particular videos and bands in mind: Walk Off The Earth and Tim & Jean)
Raymund of Sandwich did this, too. As well as Buddy of E-heads. Some purists of course don't like digital music nonetheless, but I love it how music can play around with technology.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top