Pinoy Community v. 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
I'm still early in the series, and well, Garrod's indecisiveness and lack of focus aside, it feels just like any other Gundam series. The problem seems to be that the Frost Brothers, who the series attempts to paint as Garrod's rivals, seem to be not as competent in relation to the main character as other noted Gundam villains.

Garrod practically schooled them with a Gundam X Divider the first time bringing it out.

At least they've not gone crazy so far.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
well if you must know, Gundam X always hovered on the edge of cancellation for a gundam series,with viewership ratings falling every week. That's why it finally ended 10 episodes earlier than most.
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Yeah, I knew before getting into it that it wasn't well-received. I was just surprised when I realized that this and Gundam Turn-A both came after Wing and I've never seen them.

That's probably also why it has no representative in the Dynasty Warriors game.

EDIT: GAD, why does every anime have a beach episode?

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 AM ----------

EDIT: Ooh, now I know why they say SEED Destiny ripped off a lot of other Gundams. Infinite Justice is practically Double X with Turn-A's butterfly wings.
 
Last edited:

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
I don't remember Gundam Wing having any sort of beach episode. Beside that one with Heero casually falling down from an Army hospital and landing on the beach.
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Japanese judo champ arrested for sexual assault
(philstar.com) Updated December 06, 2011 03:34 PM Comments (1)

TOKYO (AP) — Japanese police say two-time Olympic judo gold medalist Masato Uchishiba has been arrested on suspicion of sexual assault.

Uchishiba, 33, was arrested Tuesday, triggering a criminal investigation, according to an officer in the National Police Agency's public relations department who declined to give his name.

In September, Uchishiba was fired as a judo coach by Kyushu University of Nursing and Social Welfare amid allegations that he gave a female student an alcoholic drink at a hotel and sexually harassed her.

He has denied claims of sexual harassment.

Uchishiba won gold in the 66-kilogram class at the 2004 and 2008 Olympics. He announced his retirement from competition in October 2010 and became a visiting professor at the university in January.
http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=755692&publicationSubCategoryId=200

I found this news weird.

Why would a judo champ need alcohol to sexually assault someone?
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
lol, so he wouldn't need to turn her into a bloody meatbag by the time he touches her privies?
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
So...So...Dead.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
yes. we died, imp. all because how i met your mother keeps missing a week.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
I hate the hype about that show. I gave it a honest go and came to the realisation I couldnt watch a friends rip-off just for the sake of once character (barney).
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
I was a wee child when friends was all the rage; couldn't care to watch then. I was all OMAE WO KOROSU! during that time.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
I wrote once instead of one. =/

Friends is pretty good. Easy light entertainment.
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
I watched Friends and HIMYM, and I honestly wouldn't think it's a ripoff. HIMYM is borderline crazy, while Friends doesn't seem all too ridiculous until you really think about it.

TBBT actually seems more like Friends than HIMYM.


==========================

I wonder how many Japanese kids failed History class because of Sengoku Basara.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
indiscriminate plugging.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
re: shows- HIMYM can get ridiculously stupid and corny. It's understandable that there are some viewers who might find it dumb. BBT on the other hand plays on nerd/geek stereotypes, which makes it a whole lot more palatable for a broader audience (even more so if you're an actual geek/nerd, because you'll actually get the references). Friends cannot be compared to either show. Why? Because it was the show that defined and spanned two generations. There are only two other sitcoms that can match up to that; Seinfeld and Cheers.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Are there any form of WSJ manga this week? Hell I've been waiting for a raw but none has been found.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
@Hunt- I've been looking for scans as well (bleach and naruto), to no avail.

100hrs IS casual. I clocked 1yr 2wks 3days in WoW before quitting.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Well, now that you put it that way, I've been what, 260+ hours on DA:O. And 30+ hours on DA2. Steam sale's making me think of getting a damn credit card again, since Datablitz NEVER mark down their prices.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
They mark down...after a year...
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
They don't. Activision games and SC2 are still priced the same.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
loool. fail.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top