Pinoy Hang-out Thread v. 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
okay, that I don't get. :confused



.
.
.
:oh

like paperboy says, Koyuki from Beck. You should read it mj. I think you'll really like it.

BTW, I just read this josei: Usagi drop. It's awesome, cute, endearing, etc. You guys should try this too. It doesn't have any smut at all though, I'm thinking that's what paperboy wants -_-; It's about a guy who adopts a kid.
ROFL, I thought it was from BECK, but I wasn't sure. I apparently know more about my Japanese actors/actresses than my Japanese manga.


eh that's where we differ. i rank seinen > shounen > shoujo > josei. iirc the only josei i enjoyed was nodame
You're a man, after all :D. But I do like shounen better than seinen, because if I want reality I can just deal with my life :D.

Besides, I find it fun trying to find logic in shounen even when it's almost non-existent. Most seinen also have dark themes, and I want to read happy thoughts.


On a side, note, I've been reading Detective Conan lately, and although the cases have been nice, I find it annoying that I'm 30 volumes in and pratically nothing has happened to the story.
 
Last edited:

etineski

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 6, 2008
Messages
36
Reaction score
5
Age
44
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
kamusta naman dito me nag aya sa inbox ko HI
... ang lufet ng mga posts nyo.. di ko kinarry.. as usual... sorry first time ako sa pinoy thread.. hmm pinoy thread pinoy thread pinoy thread.. medyo mas bata ako sa mga bata dito.. hehe joke lang! bunsong bunso ako.

Pinoy Thread eh, tagalog gamitin ko ah, hindi ko alam kung anu ang mga pinaguusapan dito masyado, mahaba.. saka oras na para matulog at tigilan ko na yung kabaliwan ko sa manga at sa mga forums.. medyo adik lang naman. Balik ako ulet!
Salamat sa nag aya, teka teka sinu ba yun, si baboysai! Ikinigagalak kitang makilala kahet sa posts na ito sana ok na. Tawagin mo na lang akong ATE!

sigurado babalik ako pinoy thread eh. hehe Pasensya na antok na ko mga bata!
GE PU!
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
hehe hello etineski. welcome.

nakakapagod lang kasi magtype sa tagalog minsan.

baka maging "eat na u? here na me" pag tinamad hahahaha.

i also just type in english because the rest of the threads i go to, english din. kinda disorienting to switch every few minutes :p especially when the people here start to spam...

what's your work btw? buti may panahon ka pa sa manga at anime! hehe. although my sister's as old as you and she's worse than i am when it comes to addiction. @_@
 

TechnoMagus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2007
Messages
1,970
Reaction score
27
Gender
Hidden
Country
Antarctica
bb, she's 16, she's at school unless you bully her in to other extracurricular activities.


AND NO MY AVY IS NOT MY HEAD OR HEADS!!!! :yelling
it's a false colour electron microscope of the miracle of life...:grin
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
AND NO MY AVY IS NOT MY HEAD OR HEADS!!!! :yelling
it's a false colour electron microscope of the miracle of life...:grin
my freudian senses still tells me it's a head

also congrats to the Lakers, great game, Kobe deserved this accolade, 4 championship cookies, etc. will definitely be among the top 6 players now, if he wins another he'll be on the top 5. CONGRATS! but it's sad, NBA season is over :crying
 

stanzi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 12, 2009
Messages
11
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Hi again.

Gusto ko lang makisawsaw. :amuse

But I do like shounen better than seinen, because if I want reality I can just deal with my life :D.

Besides, I find it fun trying to find logic in shounen even when it's almost non-existent. Most seinen also have dark themes, and I want to read happy thoughts.
Same here. Though I can't say I like shounen better (because seinen scores more points sa pagka-bigat ng themes, and it's always a big plus for me). But I read more of shounen, because it's less depressing. (I hope that makes sense.)

As for shojo, I can tolerate it sometimes. Most of the time the kilig factor gets to me at first, but it gets tiresome as the story goes. I like josei for its laid back and realistic mood but as of now I've only read (and still reading) Nodame (any suggestions?). I really can't keep up reading various mangas at the same time - that's why I'm only reading Naruto, Bleach (which is so dragging right now) and Nodame these days. I started reading One Piece last year, but now is on hiatus. I'll probably continue reading again when Naruto finishes.

my freudian senses still tells me it's a head
Sorry, can't help but comment... Freud or no Freud... it really does look like a head. :blink

Anyway, I really want somebody to know that I'm freaking out right now. I'm currently at work, and my boss is back from outside the country... I heard he'd been sporting a slight fever before coming back so.... Yeah. Totally freaking out. I knew I should have heeded my dad's advice on not going to work.

@ baboysai: I actually know you for real. I read your blog (linked from your profile)... and you graduated from my college. I don't think you know me, though... maybe by face.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
Don't worry, we already have a cure for A(H1N1).

@KTT's avatar
You dumdums, it's not one of his heads, but one of his balls!
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
bb, she's 16, she's at school unless you bully her in to other extracurricular activities.
I dunno where you got that. her post count, maybe? but look again, priest-san. my my, your sight shows your age. She's 27. you need glasses, badly. :oh

as of now I've only read (and still reading) Nodame (any suggestions?).
ooh. well that takes care of one of the initiation questions though. You haven't read anything else? like, completed series? whatever demographic?

Okay these questions go to stanzi and etineski:
1. manga you're currently reading? (or top 5, if you're reading more than that)
2. favorite anime of all time?
3. currently watching...?
4. why are you here? like, on earth?

@ baboysai: I actually know you for real. I read your blog (linked from your profile)... and you graduated from my college. I don't think you know me, though... maybe by face.
for real? ah okay. arki. hmm.. maybe I do know your name. ^^ we're a small college after all.

Don't worry, we already have a cure for A(H1N1).
ows?

@KTT's avatar
You dumdums, it's not one of his heads, but one of his balls!
did you have to say it so bluntly?


PS: there are now legions of rats in the apartment. It was a good decision to move out.. :noworry
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
@ yonie - Is the final over? I thought they play 7 games or something...or is it like that they got a unassailable lead ?...Still playing so many games is ridiculous...whats wrong with a simple one game final? -_-;

you need glasses, badly. :oh
...and head & shoulders. :oh
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
imp, that's a best of 7- and since Lakers already won 4 games, the season is done.

I for a very small part would have wanted Orlando to win, just because Dwight Howard is one kick-ass clown.
 

hunter71485

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
5,483
Reaction score
462
Age
41
Gender
Hidden
Country
Storm's End
@A(H1N1) supposed cure
normal flu medication worked for a patient diagnosed with it.

@NBA Finals
it's good they forgot to hype it up, make it go 7 games. Gives other sports more coverage.
 

kuroihikari

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,273
Reaction score
542
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
@A(H1N1) supposed cure
normal flu medication worked for a patient diagnosed with it.
Yeah. Flu is flu. Like all viruses, the only way you're gonna get rid of it is by building up your antibodies.

What was recently developed though is a vaccine, meaning if you have the money you can say buhbye Swine Flu forever.


NBA Finals:
I was disappointed at the results of the NBA Finals, but Kobe deserves it.

And well, on the sports coverage thing... I only watch sports on Basketball TV, so yeah this is gonna be a long no-TV sports period for me :D.
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
there's no other major american sports anymore, stanley cup was finished 2 days ago(went to game 7, i'm not a hockey fan but even i can tell hockey is more exciting to watch than NBA), NFL is still in offseason mode. only baseball... meh, only the yankees and dodgers matter in baseball right now.

the world cup preliminaries are underway, confederation cup, but i don't feel like rooting for countries, ever :amuse

so yeah, i'm out of school, no job, no playoffs to keep me going in life.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
there's no other major american sports anymore, stanley cup was finished 2 days ago(went to game 7, i'm not a hockey fan but even i can tell hockey is more exciting to watch than NBA), NFL is still in offseason mode. only baseball... meh, only the yankees and dodgers matter in baseball right now.

the world cup preliminaries are underway, confederation cup, but i don't feel like rooting for countries, ever :amuse

so yeah, i'm out of school, no job, no playoffs to keep me going in life.
Wimbledon, man. Wimbledon! The pre-tournament hype machine is starting. But this time the highest ranked brit is actually...kinda good. O.o
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Wimbledon, man. Wimbledon! The pre-tournament hype machine is starting. But this time the highest ranked brit is actually...kinda good. O.o
hey you're right, i never get sick of nadal-federer. also the brit, is that andy murray? i'm looking at the seeds
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
yonie, you're a NEET. and for that you should watch Higashi no Eden. :noworry
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
yonie, you're a NEET. and for that you should watch Higashi no Eden. :noworry
do you still like it? at first i really really liked it... and then i just liked it... and then i guess it's okay. it's such an unpredictable show that the things that made me like it in the first place were nowhere anymore :sweat 3 more episodes, and they're gonna make a movie as a finale daw

best show this season is still Cross Game :ossu

also Gundam almost done! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykamCJsKFBI
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
dude the gundam is done.

really? it's only a 13-ep season? aw man. maa.

I think I'll also venture into Cross game, but the manga, not the anime...
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
almost done, it's the finishing touches in the vid, it will be unveiled next week. and then a young boy rides the cockpit and blasts north korea's silos

and i want to read into the manga, but they made the anime is so good that i don't want to you know, spoil it
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top