Special Move PoT and SPoT Technique Tier List

Fuji Shusuke

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
445
Reaction score
76
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: PoT and NPot Moves Tier List

However, people have copied individual moves of the FuuRinKaZan. Ryoma used Fuu, Tezuka and Kirihara have used Ka. If I combined them, do I put down those names, even though they have not used the rest of FuuRinKaZan?
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: PoT and NPot Moves Tier List

You could maybe rank FuuRinKaZan for Sanada, and then the individual parts for those that copied them?
 

Fuji Shusuke

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
445
Reaction score
76
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: PoT and NPot Moves Tier List

For Yukimura's Yips, I put it as Cerebral Manipulation. What do you think? Also, what do you reckon of Ranks S, A and B?
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: PoT and NPot Moves Tier List

I originally argued that unless a character has made the move theirs, then it shouldn't be counted as something that they can actually do. For example, Echizen can use Hametsu e no Rondo, as he uses that outside Muga. Echizen copies Fuu and Rai with Muga, but he never uses them on his own.
 

Fuji Shusuke

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
445
Reaction score
76
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: PoT and NPot Moves Tier List

I originally argued that unless a character has made the move theirs, then it shouldn't be counted as something that they can actually do. For example, Echizen can use Hametsu e no Rondo, as he uses that outside Muga. Echizen copies Fuu and Rai with Muga, but he never uses them on his own.
I don't really like this idea. This basically is not counting Muga copied moves. Kabaji can copy without being in Muga, Atobe can also use other people's techniques like Higuma Otoshi, Ryoma can also use other techs without Muga, Kirihara used a Short Snake once without Muga. If they only used it once, it's not counted because it's not really their technique? The fact they used it shows the capacity that they can use it again. You also said Echizen can use Hametsu e no Rondo without Muga, it's not really 'his' tech and he doesn't use it that often but you still counted it.

---------- Post added October 15, 2011 at 05:15 AM ---------- Previous post was October 14, 2011 at 08:13 PM ----------

Minor edits added:
- Summer of Danji and Springtime of Danji.
- Tooyama's Super Megaton Serve
- Moukohan, the one that hit Kenya's *** (I have no clue whether I should put this down or not)
- DFDR
 
Last edited:

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: PoT and NPot Moves Tier List

If it's just you doing the move tiering, and ignoring everything that Chaos and I have mentioned, then it's not really move tiering, it's your opinion of things.
 

Fuji Shusuke

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
445
Reaction score
76
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: PoT and NPot Moves Tier List

If you were talking about the minor edits, I were adding the techs into the list because I didn't have them in. And also, you have a right to analyse the list and suggest an edit, in the early replies of this thread I accepted almost every suggestion. I do think about every comment.

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

I added Sanada's Black Aura in. It's in SS but where do you guys think it should go? Also about the Mirror Eyes thing, I believe Fuwa does have that ability but he was engulfed in Yukimura's Yips. So if sometime in the future he shows it, I'll list it.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: PoT and NPot Moves Tier List

For the little we know about BA, that seems like an acceptable place.

I'm making the same arguments for dropping In and Closed Eyes as last time btw.
 

Fuji Shusuke

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
445
Reaction score
76
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: PoT and NPot Moves Tier List

Moved Closed Eyes and Shadow. Rank A has been ordered. There will probably be some errors.

---------- Post added October 16, 2011 at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was October 15, 2011 at 07:50 PM ----------

I put Closed Eyes down for Nanjirou as well. I kinda forgot about that.

---------- Post added October 20, 2011 at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was October 16, 2011 at 12:32 AM ----------

Added lots of translations, put into spoilers and starting to put in both first name and last name.

---------- Post added October 21, 2011 at 03:15 AM ---------- Previous post was October 20, 2011 at 10:01 PM ----------

I have tried to order B and C, please point out errors you may find.
 
Last edited:

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
3,366
Reaction score
462
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

I thought I said this earlier when the question was asked but I realized just now my post didnt even send :/

When a player uses a technique in Muga, I dont think it should count.
I help run the PoT wikia which is small that Im trying to build up and we dont include it if the player is in Muga simply because he's not actually consciously using the move.

Echizen cant use Higuma Otoshi again UNLESS he is in Muga.
Whereas Atobe, Fuji and Yushi can do it like its normal.
Get what I mean?

But what youve done Fuji is completely awesome though :D
 
Last edited:

Fuji Shusuke

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
445
Reaction score
76
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

I thought I said this earlier when the question was asked but I realized just now my post didnt even send :/

When a player uses a technique in Muga, I dont think it should count.
I help run the PoT wikia which is small that Im trying to build up and we dont include it if the player is in Muga simply because he's not actually consciously using the move.

Echizen cant use Higuma Otoshi again UNLESS he is in Muga.
Whereas Atobe, Fuji and Yushi can do it like its normal.
Get what I mean?

But what youve done Fuji is completely awesome though :D
I think I'm going to keep them in the list but they will be put with *. Eg.
Triple Counter: Higuma Otoshi (Bear Drop) – Fuji Shusuke, Oshitari Yuushi, Kirihara Akaya*, Atobe Keigo, Kevin Smith*, Echizen Ryoma*

---------- Post added October 22, 2011 at 02:19 AM ---------- Previous post was October 21, 2011 at 03:43 PM ----------

Finished putting both first and last names in and marking Muga copied move. Was Echizen in Muga when he used Fuu?
 
Last edited:

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

Yes, Echizen uses Muga to copy Sanada's moves.
 

Fuji Shusuke

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
445
Reaction score
76
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: PoT and NPot Moves Tier List

Is Gekokujou really a tech or a part of Enbu Tennis? Echizen used Muga to copy it, so it could be an individual tech. I interpret the move as approaching the net while keeping the Enbu stance (racquet pointed forward) and striking the ball quickly.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: PoT and NPot Moves Tier List

Is Gekokujou really a tech or a part of Enbu Tennis? Echizen used Muga to copy it, so it could be an individual tech. I interpret the move as approaching the net while keeping the Enbu stance (racquet pointed forward) and striking the ball quickly.
Technically, neither, it's just a motto. I'm actually not sure why they say Echizen copied it... might be a translation error or a mistake on Konomi's part, I wouldn't list it here personally.
 

Fuji Shusuke

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
445
Reaction score
76
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: PoT and NPot Moves Tier List

Actually now that I think about it, I won't remove it because I still have to put down Echizen for using it, or should I put him for Enbu Tennis and remove it?
 
Last edited:

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
3,366
Reaction score
462
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

Echizen was using 'Enbu Tennis'. And not Gekokujou. He says it because he is copying Hiyoshi accurately.
Hiyoshi says the phrase when using Enbu Tennis.

Echizen cant use any of the counters at will, so they arent really any of his techniques.
I THINK and im not too sure, but I think Kevin was in Muga when he used Higuma aswell?

Basically when Kabaji uses a technique it shouldnt be listed as his since he cant use it against a different opponent.
For example, he cant use Tezuka Zone against Kikumaru, Ibu or any other player.
 

Fuji Shusuke

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
445
Reaction score
76
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

OK, so I'll change unconscious into: The player cannot use the technique at will and certain requirements must be met to do so. So I'll change Kabaji and Nioh copied moves and Hyakuren double returned moves. What about Hitouji Yuuji, do his copy moves count?
 
Last edited:

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
3,366
Reaction score
462
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

With that, Im not sure.
The PoT wikia isnt even developed enough to have reached him yet.

With Hitouji I'd say we can leave it as he cant use it until Konomi proves otherwise.
Unfortunately I havent seen the OVA, bu tin the OVA does he use a technique?

We have only seen him in ONE match which frustrates me with Konomi as he has created a lot of good characters and has left behind most of them.
So I'd say for now, leave it as *only copied, and not an actual move of his.
 

Fuji Shusuke

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
445
Reaction score
76
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

Yuuji does impressions of people which allows him to copy other people's play styles and techs. He has copied Tornado Snake and Dunk Smash. I'll put Impression down as a move in A rank? And I'll put the copy moves with * for now.

Also for his partner Koharu, should Shot Analysis & Counter be a move because he doesn't use Data Tennis, he just analyses a move and counters accordingly. All other data players can use it like Inui etc.
 
Last edited:

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
3,366
Reaction score
462
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

Yeah totally man. Yuuji's ability would be a technique.
But I think its a slightly weaker version of Niou's illusions if you get what I mean.

Unfortunately we are yet to see Hitouji play Singles, so we dont fully know the extent of his abilities.
I hope Konomi makes all of his characters play Singles at least once, so we can fully understand each character.

With Konjiki, yeah, I think 'Shot Analysis...' would be right but I cant remember on whether or not the anime actually specified whether or not he uses Data Tennis or not, since I dont read PoT manga.
 
Top