Special Move PoT and SPoT Technique Tier List

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
3,366
Reaction score
462
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

Black Jack will be defeated soon, if Oni faces Duke, then the BJK won't work. Maybe Watanabe is the man who extended the limits of the Hadoukyuus (and can hit up to 200th) lolol
Hahaha nah, Hadoukyu seems to be middle schoolers only. Since we just had Date use his Springtime of Danki when Konomi could have had hi do Hadoukyu's.
I hope BJK doesnt stay hack.
 

LetalHawk

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 8, 2011
Messages
2,682
Reaction score
600
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

Don't worry, it will be defeated. Is a move that lots of players can return (Echizen, Yukimura, Sanada...)
 

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
3,366
Reaction score
462
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

Quick Question. What would you cal Data Tennis, Perfect Tennis, Acrobatic Play and Power Play? Types of Tennis? Styles of Tennis? Im not sure of a good definition of these things, since Tennis Styles are Serve & Volley, Counterpuncher and All-Rounder etc.

Im not sure what you would call Data Tennis, Power Play, Acrobatic Play, Perfect Tennis etc.
 

Fuji Shusuke

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
445
Reaction score
76
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

You could call them Sub-styles.
 

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
3,366
Reaction score
462
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

You could call them Sub-styles.
Awesomeness. Thanks.
I also think Akutagawa Jirou's Magic Volley should be lifted no?
It ended Yuuta 6-1, and it was the reason he was hyped up.

Also not even Kabaji can copy it right. So it might mean that when Niou becomes Jirou he cant use Magic Volley. I think the move is worth a lot more.
 

Fuji Shusuke

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
445
Reaction score
76
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

BTW I kinda wanna keep it called "Forced Cord Ball" because I find just calling it Cord Ball not specific enough.
 

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
3,366
Reaction score
462
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

BTW I kinda wanna keep it called "Forced Cord Ball" because I find just calling it Cord Ball not specific enough.
I agree, but lift Magic Volley.

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

And also, when did Yukimura use Cord Ball?
 

Fuji Shusuke

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
445
Reaction score
76
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

Yukimura used it to (try to) counter Ryoma's Hyakuren Jitoku no Bigaeshi. Also moving Magic Volley up is kinda difficult so what do you think about it's new position, should it go even higher?
 
Last edited:

LetalHawk

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 8, 2011
Messages
2,682
Reaction score
600
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

But that cord ball Yukimura hit was just a normal return, it shouldn't be added, I think it was luck, he couldn't match Ryoma until he used yips. He was inferior when Ryoma was using both Hyakuren and Saiki.
 

Fuji Shusuke

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
445
Reaction score
76
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

Ok, then I'll remove Yukimura.
 

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
3,366
Reaction score
462
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

But that cord ball Yukimura hit was just a normal return, it shouldn't be added, I think it was luck, he couldn't match Ryoma until he used yips. He was inferior when Ryoma was using both Hyakuren and Saiki.
He couldnt match Ryoma?
He kept him under a lock prior to the yips. Yips happens when Yukimura comfortably returns practically everything his opponent has.
I think it was Ryoma who couldnt match Yukimura until TnK.

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

I personally feel Magic Volley is better than Twist Spin Shot and Cord Ball.
For cordball its coz he took out Yuuta who had Twist Spin Shot.
Btw, which match did Kirihara use Twist Spin Shot?
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

He couldnt match Ryoma?
He kept him under a lock prior to the yips. Yips happens when Yukimura comfortably returns practically everything his opponent has.
I think it was Ryoma who couldnt match Yukimura until TnK.
Ryoma took 3 points in a row with just Hyakuren.

Btw, which match did Kirihara use Twist Spin Shot?
Never and I've told you this before.
 

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
3,366
Reaction score
462
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

Ryoma took 3 points in a row with just Hyakuren.
Man, the anime is a little different... Did Yukimura then handle Hyakku Ren Jitoku afterwards? If he did handle it before the end of that game, then he more than matched Ryoma. It proves my point that he handled him.

Never and I've told you this before.
Cool.

And wrong. I asked about Dunk Smash.
 

LetalHawk

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 8, 2011
Messages
2,682
Reaction score
600
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

Man, the anime is a little different... Did Yukimura then handle Hyakku Ren Jitoku afterwards? If he did handle it before the end of that game, then he more than matched Ryoma. It proves my point that he handled him.


Cool.

And wrong. I asked about Dunk Smash.
Airgrimes, I was just saying that until Yukimura used yips, he was being defeated.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/prince_of_tennis/c373/18.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/prince_of_tennis/c374/6.html

Look how, before activating yips, Yukimura was being totally overwhelmed, if Yukimura didn't have the yips ability, he probably would have lost to Ryoma due to Saiki and Hyakuren.
 

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
3,366
Reaction score
462
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

Wait your right. Thanks for the links LetalHawk.
 
Last edited:

LetalHawk

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 8, 2011
Messages
2,682
Reaction score
600
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

You're welcome
 

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
3,366
Reaction score
462
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

I personally feel Kabaji's Simple Minded Absorption needs to be lowered.

I still feel that when it comes to the Copy guys, Niou is the best. Then perhaps Kabaji or Hitouji and Muga.
Although Hitouji hasnt had enough screentime his Impression technique seemed fantastic but due to lack of screentime to see the technique I guess he is bottom.
 
Last edited:

Fuji Shusuke

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
445
Reaction score
76
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

I see your point Airgrimes but frankly I'm not sure. Simple Minded works instantaneously, meaning if a player hit a particular shot, Kabaji can use the same shot as a return. Niou shapeshifts and copies a person's play style allowing for a very accurate illusion but requires preparation to use. So basically, what is better? Instant imitation or Prepared precision? (I tried to match the first letters lol)
 

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
3,366
Reaction score
462
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

I see your point Airgrimes but frankly I'm not sure. Simple Minded works instantaneously, meaning if a player hit a particular shot, Kabaji can use the same shot as a return. Niou shapeshifts and copies a person's play style allowing for a very accurate illusion but requires preparation to use. So basically, what is better? Instant imitation or Prepared precision? (I tried to match the first letters lol)
Lol, I noticed the alliteration. Im not sure what I would want. But although it took preparation for Tezuka, it seemed instantaneous when he became Mutsu, Shiraishi and Kikumaru. So I think Niou has evolved his Illusion further to the point it not only instantaneous, but he can become any school player. I kind of feel that Niou's is better.
(Im glad so far Konomi has limited him to school players. Since if he could go beyond that he could just switch between Djokovic, Nadal, Federer and Murray lol).

Also, Kabaji has been lowered by Konomi. He lacks experience, shown against Tezuka.
And that if his body doesnt match the person he is copying then he stands little chance.
Shown against Jiro (his wrists) and Date (His arm power).

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

Another question.

What would you call Synchro? Either a 'State'? or an 'Aura'?

Which of the two sound more appriopriate?
 

LetalHawk

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 8, 2011
Messages
2,682
Reaction score
600
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

Synchro is an state, the two players begin to play like if they were one unconciously, until they can go willingly into it.

I reckon Niou's ability is amazing, but Kabaji's Simple Minded isn't near as good. Niou could become Date if he watches him and do Danji No Haru. Like you said, Kabaji's limited by his physical abilities.
 
Top