Return of the Vainglorious

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Who's Vainglorious?
Not me.

It's the title of one of my favourite Vagabond chapters. Actually all the chapters during Musashi's return to face the Yoshioka were just brilliant. Argh, can't read it enough :blush.

If only the villains were not so damn episodic. The one from Dr. Strange and Ant-Man were so boring... They just used some names and went with "deal-with-it".
Hela looks great... I hope she is a real villain.

I won't watch DCs movies at a cinema. Not worth my time. Still haven't seen Suicide Squad either.
Mads Mikkelsen is wasted in an action movie like Dr Strange, that really annoyed me. Yellowjacket....as cool as the train track fight was, was meh.
I like a part of her design; the spiky helmet but again, I'm always pessimistic of global stars portraying characters like this, but we'll see.

Suicide Squad isn't that bad? (can't remember...), it had a pretty good soundtrack though. The villains were a let down and some the characters just seemed a bit retarded. I doubt I'll be watching Justice League in cinema.

And Rick James too :(
Ah yes, I dunno how I forgot about him.

I saw an old photo on instagram of him and Charlie Murphy hugging at a club. Well...him hugging and Charlie Murphy looking uncomfortable lol :XD
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Mads Mikkelsen is wasted in an action movie like Dr Strange, that really annoyed me. Yellowjacket....as cool as the train track fight was, was meh.
I like a part of her design; the spiky helmet but again, I'm always pessimistic of global stars portraying characters like this, but we'll see.

Suicide Squad isn't that bad? (can't remember...), it had a pretty good soundtrack though. The villains were a let down and some the characters just seemed a bit retarded. I doubt I'll be watching Justice League in cinema.
The helmet looks cool and she crushed the hammer. She already said the bar rather high. Inb4 Loki will be the best again.

I can't say. I just don't feel like watching it. What I have read was mostly subpar.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
The helmet looks cool and she crushed the hammer. She already said the bar rather high. Inb4 Loki will be the best again.

I can't say. I just don't feel like watching it. What I have read was mostly subpar.
Her makeup looks like she's been running through the rain :wowsoBOB

I don't want Loki to overshadow any other villain in the story. It's good that the cinematic universe has grown and thus his relevance lessen. He's a great villain but it speaks badly of Thor for it to rely so heavily on him.

That's fair enough. :eyeroll
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Her makeup looks like she's been running through the rain :wowsoBOB

I don't want Loki to overshadow any other villain in the story. It's good that the cinematic universe has grown and thus his relevance lessen. He's a great villain but it speaks badly of Thor for it to rely so heavily on him.

That's fair enough. :eyeroll
Maybe that is why she was so pissed at the hammer?

Is he even a villain at this point? Something obviously happened to Odin which was nor part of his scheme. Also we don't know how the after credit scene from Dr. Strange fits into this.

:notsure
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Is he even a villain at this point? Something obviously happened to Odin which was nor part of his scheme. Also we don't know how the after credit scene from Dr. Strange fits into this.

:notsure
Good question; I think at this point he might just be a recurring nuisance.
About Loki and the after credit scene from Dr Strange, I think this takes place after Ragnarok and what ever happened that got in the way of Loki and Odin takes place quite early on in the film. Maybe Hela has something to do with it?

Either Thor is aware of this during his captivity or finds out after the dust has settled, or if Hela is involved then perhaps she tells him.
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Oh yes you told me about that. Have you started that yet or just about to?

That's quite a long while, make the most of it :nod I'll be sure to bug you on WA since I know you have all this time off :wowsoBOB
I actually already had lessons for several months, but I still need to study on my own as well.... which I haven't done. At all. Until now. And the end of my holiday is already in front of my eyes... :derp

Yeah, I'm definitely making the most of it (hence not studying), but it still does not feel like enough... :disappoint
Well, you seem to be forgetting to bug me on WA. :3c
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I actually already had lessons for several months, but I still need to study on my own as well.... which I haven't done. At all. Until now. And the end of my holiday is already in front of my eyes... :derp
That's not good, yuki. Besides the studies have you done anything fun/interesting during this period? How was easter? :wowsoBOB

Yeah, I'm definitely making the most of it (hence not studying), but it still does not feel like enough... :disappoint
Not enough what, time off?

Well, you seem to be forgetting to bug me on WA. :3c
Check again :nunoderp
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Good question; I think at this point he might just be a recurring nuisance.
About Loki and the after credit scene from Dr Strange, I think this takes place after Ragnarok and what ever happened that got in the way of Loki and Odin takes place quite early on in the film. Maybe Hela has something to do with it?

Either Thor is aware of this during his captivity or finds out after the dust has settled, or if Hela is involved then perhaps she tells him.
Well he is a good written character compared to most villains. Just look at Ultron. I mean okay he was realistic. He entered the Internet for a few seconds and wanted to kill all humans...
Maybe it is between Thor and Avengers? So basically the reason to recruit Steven. How did Thor even know where to find him?

Well Hela sure seems to be quite the cool character...
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Well he is a good written character compared to most villains. Just look at Ultron. I mean okay he was realistic. He entered the Internet for a few seconds and wanted to kill all humans...
Maybe it is between Thor and Avengers? So basically the reason to recruit Steven. How did Thor even know where to find him?

Well Hela sure seems to be quite the cool character...
The internet twisted him, but James Spader as Ultron is fantastic; he's so...eccentric.

Well I guess his hunt for the Soul Gems leads him to finding out about Earth's Sorcerer Supreme and the latter maybe being able to help him.

I heard that Hela could be in possession of the last Soul Gem in the MCU.
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Huh. I hadn't placed you as a DC Fan Bob. Glad you are though.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Your set is really good too. You lookin prime
Thanks! The sig turned out a lot better than I thought it would and I had to work some serious voodoo with the avatar.

Where's your avatar from?

Huh. I hadn't placed you as a DC Fan Bob. Glad you are though.
What did you place me as?
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Thanks! The sig turned out a lot better than I thought it would and I had to work some serious voodoo with the avatar.

Where's your avatar from?
It's great work, one of the best sets out there tbh.

I can't remember where I got it lol, but its Toua from One Outs.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
It's great work, one of the best sets out there tbh.

I can't remember where I got it lol, but its Toua from One Outs.
When you finally get recognition for your sets :crying

It looks a bit like Bleach character-design to me. Is this something you read recently?
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
When you finally get recognition for your sets :crying

It looks a bit like Bleach character-design to me. Is this something you read recently?
Lol

I've never read the manga, been meaning to. Saw the anime some years ago. It was good, it's mainly sport psychology and strategy, driven by the main (Toua) who is also a gambler. It does get a bit much how insightful he is, but it's entertaining more often than not.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Lol

I've never read the manga, been meaning to. Saw the anime some years ago. It was good, it's mainly sport psychology and strategy, driven by the main (Toua) who is also a gambler. It does get a bit much how insightful he is, but it's entertaining more often than not.
Psychological like RxL? It can get a bit much if it feels like the explanations/strategies are convoluted; there always need to be a good balance between that. Especially in a shonen.

I don't I'm picking up any new manga or anime for a while; satisfied enough with my limited reading list and maybe will re-read Nanatsu so I can get involved in discussions again. But power level talks just...really put me off.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Psychological like RxL? It can get a bit much if it feels like the explanations/strategies are convoluted; there always need to be a good balance between that. Especially in a shonen.

I don't I'm picking up any new manga or anime for a while; satisfied enough with my limited reading list and maybe will re-read Nanatsu so I can get involved in discussions again. But power level talks just...really put me off.
Different to RxL, more exploiting people's mental weaknesses, putting them off and predicting what they'll do when a pressure is applied. Well that's how I remember it (I believe it was Seinen too).

I've been picking up a few here and there lately, more than I have ever. I guess it's the result of being on this forum. I don't have many TV shows to watch, so there's time for manga. How is NNT? The anime was good I thought.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Different to RxL, more exploiting people's mental weaknesses, putting them off and predicting what they'll do when a pressure is applied. Well that's how I remember it (I believe it was Seinen too).

I've been picking up a few here and there lately, more than I have ever. I guess it's the result of being on this forum. I don't have many TV shows to watch, so there's time for manga. How is NNT? The anime was good I thought.
If it's as psychological as I believe it, it's probably a seinen.

I just binge-watched Dear White People on Netflix and I'm thinking of picking up Blackish but I should probably just stick to the series I have. Pick up The Leftovers or watch Westworld if you haven't done so already.
You know...I only ever watched a few episodes of the anime, as it had some fillers and I didn't appreciate that. That said the animation is usually of high quality, but I believe the manga is still better. Try it out for an arc and see how you like it.
 
Top