Discussion - Sabertooth Guild Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Who is your favourite Sabertooth member?

• Sting

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Rogue

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Minerva

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Yukino

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Orga

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rufus

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Other (Comment)

• Frosch

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Lector

• Jiemma

• Total voters

Ebony Maw

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Since the Sabertooth Guild seems to be among the more popular guilds outside of Fairy Tail, I thought I'd make this thread to discuss topics about the Sabertooth guild and it's mages.

Something I've wondered about for a while is the possibility of Rogue's shadow to reappear as in the GMG it was last seen fleeing the city after Possessed Rogue lost to Gajeel. Due to how rough and dark it has been for Sabertooth during the war I could imagine that now would be a perfect opportunity for Rogue's shadow to cause some internal strife for Rogue. What do you guys think?

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
We're past that future fam, the purpose of the Avatar arc:
  • To reunite the guild
  • To avoid the future where Gray kills Frosch, Rogue goes rogue, kills and absorbs Sting, 10,000 Dragons attack during the GMG
In the one panel when Sting and Rogue come to see Team Natsu beat Avatar, there's a panel where you see the shadow disappearing, that's an indication that that future has changed. Don't see a purpose of it coming back. But if that shadow turns out to be Ankhseram or like apart of Ankhseram then I'll buy it cause it was all just a foreshadow (get it?) from the jump

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
We're past that future fam, the purpose of the Avatar arc:
  • To reunite the guild
  • To avoid the future where Gray kills Frosch, Rogue goes rogue, kills and absorbs Sting, 10,000 Dragons attack during the GMG
In the one panel when Sting and Rogue come to see Team Natsu beat Avatar, there's a panel where you see the shadow disappearing, that's an indication that that future has changed. Don't see a purpose of it coming back. But if that shadow turns out to be Ankhseram or like apart of Ankhseram then I'll buy it cause it was all just a foreshadow (get it?) from the jump
I missed Avatar lol, that being said wouldn't the shadow still be there? The shadow itself isn't F.Rogue right? So even though Frosch didn't die there is still the potential it could reappear.

Linali

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Great thread, Saber FTW! :zomg

I have a hope, that Rogue's shadow and whole Saber guild will have its own arc, but I don't know, how Hiro would stop Zeref and importantly Acnologia now. Hiro bashed Saber terribly in this arc, so I think they deserve at least that. I can't believe he used them as hype for Spriggans and FT, they're second strongest guild in Fiore, and while I would understand their partial defeat, crucifing all members was way too much for me.

I would ad two more questions to that thread (if I can :)):
1) Do you think there's a chance that Crime Sorciere (or at least some members) will join ST? Considering the fact, that Jellal and Meredy was bigger help in this war than GoI and their long fight with Zeref and dark guilds, they worked for the redemption. They could choose ST because of Sorano and Yukino. Why everyone have to always joining FT after all? ;)

2) We all know, DSs' destiny is to clash with Acnologia. And we all know, if it was now, they would be killed (let's forget that Natsu is a god of the series for now). They need more powers. Laxus and Natsu are already OP as hell and I don't think they need more power. Gajeel can learn how to use steel without boosters. Wendy's role is rather supportive. Rogue has his shadow and according to shounen scheme, he will overpower it eventually and gain its powers (and because it's FT, don't forget about tearful speech about power of friendship, this time - for a change - not by Natsu, but Sting). I know nothing about Cobra and his current level, but what about Sting? What power up he can get? I have any idea, what Hiro has in store - if he has ofc, because final fight with Acno can be a spectacle of one actor and we all know, who this actor will be (not that I'm hating, but come on :notrust).

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
I missed Avatar lol, that being said wouldn't the shadow still be there? The shadow itself isn't F.Rogue right? So even though Frosch didn't die there is still the potential it could reappear.

idk what that sfx sounds is but it's indicating that the shadow dipped. Like it's gone. I know what you mean but it would be kinda weird if an arc that was partially dedicated in changing the future was to have that future existance reappear. Again if it's Ankh then i'll buy it but I don't see a point of it coming back

1) Do you think there's a chance that Crime Sorciere (or at least some members) will join ST? Considering the fact, that Jellal and Meredy was bigger help in this war than GoI and their long fight with Zeref and dark guilds, they worked for the redemption. They could choose ST because of Sorano and Yukino. Why everyone have to always joining FT after all? ;)

2) We all know, DSs' destiny is to clash with Acnologia. And we all know, if it was now, they would be killed (let's forget that Natsu is a god of the series for now). They need more powers. Laxus and Natsu are already OP as hell and I don't think they need more power. Gajeel can learn how to use steel without boosters. Wendy's role is rather supportive. Rogue has his shadow and according to shounen scheme, he will overpower it eventually and gain its powers (and because it's FT, don't forget about tearful speech about power of friendship, this time - for a change - not by Natsu, but Sting). I know nothing about Cobra and his current level, but what about Sting? What power up he can get? I have any idea, what Hiro has in store - if he has ofc, because final fight with Acno can be a spectacle of one actor and we all know, who this actor will be (not that I'm hating, but come on :notrust).
On your first thought, I doubt it but thinking about it.. when/if Zeref dies or disappearing, CS won't have a point to exist anymore. Literally their life goal is defeat Zeref and all the dark guilds. All the dark guilds are now defunct according to Arlock which is why Avatar took over their places. I bet there's still alot of Avatar stragglers still around but majority of them are locked up now. So they could all join a guild but a guild full of dark mages always sounded sweet to me, so I rather they all stay together as the good-shady evil guys

On the second, I'm waiting for Wendy or someone to get another dual mode. I think Wendy or Sting absorbing Cobra's poison would be hella dope

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Great thread, Saber FTW! :zomg

I have a hope, that Rogue's shadow and whole Saber guild will have its own arc, but I don't know, how Hiro would stop Zeref and importantly Acnologia now. Hiro bashed Saber terribly in this arc, so I think they deserve at least that. I can't believe he used them as hype for Spriggans and FT, they're second strongest guild in Fiore, and while I would understand their partial defeat, crucifing all members was way too much for me.

Thanks a lot! :)

Yeah ST got trolled this arc, though to be fair they lost to the most hax Spriggan since DiMaria. An arc dedicated to Sabertooth and Rogue's shadow would be awesome, I wouldn't be surprised if they did that as a continuation of the Twin Dragons spin-off. Agreed on their defeat, their crucifixion was a bit heavy handed tbh.

I could actually see the OS joining Sabertooth, they wouldn't fit with Fairy Tail at all (well, maybe Hoteye), I could definitely see Cobra, Midnight, Angel and Racer joining, though I see Hoteye joining Lamia Scale if Jura goes back to the guild. Jellal and Meredy though... I'm not sure, it's been hinted that Jellal has the heart of an FT member by Mavis and Meredy is pretty close to Juvia so those two probably will join FT.

Your second question is a great one, I feel that both Sting and Rogue's Dragon Force's are going to be much better, probably DF Gajeel level. I also wouldn't be surprised if they can use Drive and Dragon Force at the same time now. As far as elements go both Sting and Rogue might get White Shadow Dragon modes or something similar to that. Not too sure though.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

idk what that sfx sounds is but it's indicating that the shadow dipped. Like it's gone. I know what you mean but it would be kinda weird if an arc that was partially dedicated in changing the future was to have that future existance reappear. Again if it's Ankh then i'll buy it but I don't see a point of it coming back.
Interesting, that is fairly intriguing, couldn't the SFX thing just implied that it returned to deeper inside Rogue though? The shadow was in his shadow but then in the next panel it's gone, so either it returned to Rogue or exited very quickly.

Linali

Reaction score
Country
Poland
idk what that sfx sounds is but it's indicating that the shadow dipped. Like it's gone. I know what you mean but it would be kinda weird if an arc that was partially dedicated in changing the future was to have that future existance reappear. Again if it's Ankh then i'll buy it but I don't see a point of it coming back
Actually the shadow appears and disappears. In chapter 333 there was a scene, when it disappeared, when Rogue trampled it. "I'm your future and the darkness of your heart". Future has changed, but darkness? I remember, that during GMG I had a theory, that it's a side effect of Rogue's magic. As for sfx, it has a lot of meanings: first rubric.
I like an idea of Rogue's shadow taking him over, mainly because it's possible power-up for him and it suits him perfectly.

I could actually see the OS joining Sabertooth, they wouldn't fit with Fairy Tail at all (well, maybe Hoteye), I could definitely see Cobra, Midnight, Angel and Racer joining, though I see Hoteye joining Lamia Scale if Jura goes back to the guild. Jellal and Meredy though... I'm not sure, it's been hinted that Jellal has the heart of an FT member by Mavis and Meredy is pretty close to Juvia so those two probably will join FT.
I had the same feeling, but then again - why everyone has to join FT? They already have a lot of strong magicians. But maybe other guild for Jellal - how about Mermaid Heel? :teehee And the vision of Hoteye joining Jura is worth support :super

Your second question is a great one, I feel that both Sting and Rogue's Dragon Force's are going to be much better, probably DF Gajeel level. I also wouldn't be surprised if they can use Drive and Dragon Force at the same time now. As far as elements go both Sting and Rogue might get White Shadow Dragon modes or something similar to that. Not too sure though.
Well, if Acno will fight in his human form, then 7 vs. 1 is a crowd, they will disturb each other rather than help. That's why Hiro might decide to decrease this group and looking at F-Rogue's story, White Shadow Dragon is very possible. But maybe charging their lacrimas somehow? :hmm

Btw guys, do you have an impression, that Orga and Rufus were totally pushed on the second plan? Even ST omake and spin-off was focused on Twin Dragons, Yukino, Minerva and cats :D

Jko

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey hey hey I have two fave Sabers so I can't possibly choose between the two :gwah. I need a second vote!!! :hmph

Anyways yeah Sabers are cool and sh!t even though they used to be egotistical asses :teehee. One thing Mashima is good at is making me hate enemies then make me start liking them after they become allies. :^_^

I love their x792 design/clothes way more than I their x791. :zomg

Last edited:

Static

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
Why is there no Frosch on the poll D:? I voted 'others'.

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Why is there no Frosch on the poll D:? I voted 'others'.
Fixed. :) I forgot about them, call me Jiemma if you want.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I had the same feeling, but then again - why everyone has to join FT? They already have a lot of strong magicians. But maybe other guild for Jellal - how about Mermaid Heel? :teehee And the vision of Hoteye joining Jura is worth support :super

Btw guys, do you have an impression, that Orga and Rufus were totally pushed on the second plan? Even ST omake and spin-off was focused on Twin Dragons, Yukino, Minerva and cats :D
Well before the OS joined CS, Jellal was just with Meredy and Ultear, maybe the war will bring back his harem desires? Also Jura and Hoteye for life, that bromance is too good to go to waste!

Yeah, Rufus and Orga are just being ignored for some reason, they could actually go on really cool jobs with Sting, Rogue and Minerva too. Plus that would give Rufus access to some really cool spells.

Vici

Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Mermaid FTW! :zomg
Dat autocorrect :D

Also Jura and Hoteye for life, that bromance is too good to go to waste!
Well basically yes but we should remember what Richard dream is if Sho and Wally won't fall from skies :P.. He probably at some point will contact Millianna that still have contact with them and go to a journey ( Well he take Jura with him :teehee ).
Anyway :
Waste that Hiro forgot completely about existence of this guy and didn't draw him even once with Sabers :oh
Anyway i dislike how Sabertooth been shown in this Arc so far ( same goes for other guilds as well we didn't see any result of they training and that only prove my opinion that one year timeskip was for just to power up FT members ) at first when i saw that ST is with BP and MH with LS i was like ok ST have some strong members so they can team up with weaker guild ( :zomg ) how does it end up we all saw all side guilds are treat like pushover and hype tools ( and are used to create some false tense in war :P )
Not to mention the squads that Mavis sends was terrible balanced ( In most FT power rankings this characters are top 10) :
-North : Gajeel and Mira
-Hargeon : Wendy,Juvia,Gray,Laxus,Erza and i will count Natsu if he didn't face Zeref would end up in Hargeon as well
So from top 10 North gets 2 characters while Hargeon got 5 ( 6 if we count Natsu :P) that's MEST up maybe Mavis was thinking that ST is stronger than MH and LS but still Squads should be more balanced.
I'm looking forward to what Hiro prepared for ST and other guilds will he give them some shine ( Sting and Rogue need some feats :( ) or will be used again and forgotten :oh:whistle:errr

I voted Frosch :XD:zomg

Last edited:

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Well basically yes but we should remember what Richard dream is if Sho and Wally won't fall from skies :P.. He probably at some point will contact Millianna that still have contact with them and go to journey ( Well he take Jura with him :teehee ).
Anyway :
Waste that Hiro forgot completely about existence of this guy and didn't draw him even once with Sabers :oh
I voted for Frosch :XD:zomg
It's Fairy Tail so I think that when everything is over, Sho, Wally, Richard and Jura will return to Lamia Scale while Milliana stays in Mermaid Heel.

That guy is actually seen (although briefly) in the Sabertooth spin off. I don't blame you for picking Frosch, you can't hate the guy. :D

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
I'm voting for Rufus. I love his magic, i think this is one of the coolest magic we've seen. I wish we'd seen more from Rufus, thats a shame he didn't appear more =(
I'm also voting for him because im not expecting him to receive much love :neutral

Summer

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Froschhhhhh... literally the cutest cat in anime world.... ( sorry happy )

Jean Grey

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
I like Yukino more than any other Sabertooth member although they should really get some Spriggan fight. what we all saw was them getting fodderized.

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
I'm voting for Rufus. I love his magic, i think this is one of the coolest magic we've seen. I wish we'd seen more from Rufus, thats a shame he didn't appear more =(
I'm also voting for him because im not expecting him to receive much love :neutral
Orga and Lector are doing the worst right now, though Rogue and Rufus follow after that. I've always found Rufus's magic incredible, he's kind of screwed over by it's very strange limitations though.

Linali

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Orga and Lector are doing the worst right now, though Rogue and Rufus follow after that. I've always found Rufus's magic incredible, he's kind of screwed over by it's very strange limitations though.
Speaking about Memory Make limitations, I wonder if he can remember (?) DSs magic. He used Orga's GS magic, maybe he can use Sting and Rogue's magic to some extent?

I also think, he doesn't receive much love, just like Orga he was totally overshadowed by rest of main members of the guild. But I like his design, the mix of musketeer and Zorro :XD

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Speaking about Memory Make limitations, I wonder if he can remember (?) DSs magic. He used Orga's GS magic, maybe he can use Sting and Rogue's magic to some extent?

I also think, he doesn't receive much love, just like Orga he was totally overshadowed by rest of main members of the guild. But I like his design, the mix of musketeer and Zorro :XD
I'm not sure if he can remember Dragon Slayer magic, usually I would think that he can but he didn't use it against any dragons in the GMG...

I think it's quite ironic why ST is overshadowed, FT and the manga preach that nakama > strength but they are the most powerful guild, on the other hand ST have the exact same values but are often ignored because they aren't the strongest.

Am Shegar

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
ST is amazing. Rufus magic is my favorite and Youkino's Serpent is much more impressive than spirits of Lucy. Its a shame Mashima left ST behind FT. I hope in next GMG (if it will be in some omake) ST will get powerup to be equel to FT once again.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I don't think there is any limitation for Memory-Make instead of the memory capacity of the user itself. Memorizing Dragon Slayer Magic shouldn't be that difficult for Rufus, since it doesn't differ a lot from God Slayer Magic which he could memorize as well.

Memory-Make may be one of the most rarest and comprehensive type of magic we've seen so far. Rufus can create his own magic by just combining his memorized spells or make spells vanish that are cast at him by memorizing and forgetting them, which is really overpowered if you ask me. If Gray failed in defeating Rufus during the Grand Magic Games, all of the other participants outside of Sabertooth should be doomed. I'm quite sure about Rufus being one of the strongest mages of Sabertooth, probably slightly below Minerva.