Who is your favourite Sabertooth member?

  • Sting

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Rogue

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Minerva

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Yukino

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Orga

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rufus

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Other (Comment)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Frosch

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Lector

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jiemma

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    29

Ebony Maw

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
1,995
Reaction score
8,124
Gender
Male
Country
Sabertooth
I don't think there is any limitation for Memory-Make instead of the memory capacity of the user itself. Memorizing Dragon Slayer Magic shouldn't be that difficult for Rufus, since it doesn't differ a lot from God Slayer Magic which he could memorize as well.

Memory-Make may be one of the most rarest and comprehensive type of magic we've seen so far. Rufus can create his own magic by just combining his memorized spells or make spells vanish that are cast at him by memorizing and forgetting them, which is really overpowered if you ask me. If Gray failed in defeating Rufus during the Grand Magic Games, all of the other participants outside of Sabertooth should be doomed. I'm quite sure about Rufus being one of the strongest mages of Sabertooth, probably slightly below Minerva.
Yeah, Rufus is incredibly underrated. I wonder if he could make a Spriggan forget their spells? It would be really cool to see that lol, add in Sting's stigma, Rogue's intangibility and Minerva's teleporting and ST is actually pretty hax.

Btw nice profile pic, what is it from?
 

Takuan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
1,839
Reaction score
7,564
Age
33
Country
France
I don't think there is any limitation for Memory-Make instead of the memory capacity of the user itself. Memorizing Dragon Slayer Magic shouldn't be that difficult for Rufus, since it doesn't differ a lot from God Slayer Magic which he could memorize as well.

Memory-Make may be one of the most rarest and comprehensive type of magic we've seen so far. Rufus can create his own magic by just combining his memorized spells or make spells vanish that are cast at him by memorizing and forgetting them, which is really overpowered if you ask me. If Gray failed in defeating Rufus during the Grand Magic Games, all of the other participants outside of Sabertooth should be doomed. I'm quite sure about Rufus being one of the strongest mages of Sabertooth, probably slightly below Minerva.
I agree with you !! I don't know why Rufus is so underrated. I'd go as far as to say that Rufus is the strongest ST member, even above Minerva. That's probably far-fetched though. Minerva has been pictured as the best mage from ST, whereas Rufus has been overshadowed by the Twins.
 

BluePegasus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
5,128
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, Rufus is incredibly underrated. I wonder if he could make a Spriggan forget their spells? It would be really cool to see that lol, add in Sting's stigma, Rogue's intangibility and Minerva's teleporting and ST is actually pretty hax.

Btw nice profile pic, what is it from?
Well, I think he could be a pretty difficult opponent for Spriggans like Ajeel and God Serena. I don't think he could do a lot against Neinhart though, since his magic is pretty complicated.

Thanks! It's Marth from Fire Emblem.

I agree with you !! I don't know why Rufus is so underrated. I'd go as far as to say that Rufus is the strongest ST member, even above Minerva. That's probably far-fetched though. Minerva has been pictured as the best mage from ST, whereas Rufus has been overshadowed by the Twins.
People who rate Rufus as the weakest member of Sabertooth doesn't understand his magic at all I guess. I rated Rufus above Minerva for a while as well, until I saw Yagdo Rigora. It's a shame that Rufus his hype was kinda lost when Sting and Rogue came into play. His defeat during the last day of the Grand Magic Games was also too rushed if you ask me.
 

Takuan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
1,839
Reaction score
7,564
Age
33
Country
France
People who rate Rufus as the weakest member of Sabertooth doesn't understand his magic at all I guess. I rated Rufus above Minerva for a while as well, until I saw Yagdo Rigora. It's a shame that Rufus his hype was kinda lost when Sting and Rogue came into play. His defeat during the last day of the Grand Magic Games was also too rushed if you ask me.
I agree, that was rushed. The fight itsself was long enough, but all the part when Gray uses his Second Origin (aka when he gets serious, aka when he's stripped) was rushed. The fight felt like it was a stomp from Rufus, then a stomp from Gray. No middle ground. I'd have liked them to fight for a little while after Gray got serious.

Couldn't Rufus just memorize Yagdo Rigora and use it himself ?
EDIT: nvm. He could probably memorize the spell, but casting it would require a MP comparable to Minerva's, which Rufus probably lacks. He might be able to cast a weaker version of Yagdo Rigora, that's about it. Probably.

Also Rufus' fight against Gray told us a lot about him. About his magic. Reading something from a book and bam, he can memorize and recreate the magic. We've seen very little from him and that's a shame, thats possible that he could even learn Ancient Magic - he memorized a God Slayer spell after all.
Such an endless source of possibilities from this magic. And that went to waste because he's been overshadowed. :(
 
Last edited:

Medkaradaraba

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2016
Messages
61
Reaction score
153
Age
33
Country
Albania
Tops: Minerva is beast. Frosch is cuddly wuddly adorable, an Rufus needs to use his fascinating magic more.
No disrespect intended to Sabretooth fans, but I'm more of a CS fan in comparison.
 

75ChaosFlare

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2016
Messages
84
Reaction score
131
Age
31
Country
United States
By all means Fairy Tail made a ton of missed opportunities for Sabertooth especially with Rogue instantly making him a "future" villain when really that was never properly set up and just seen as straight out of nowhere. The spinoff didn't really provide much but them being FT 2.0. They even destroyed their credibility to the point where they got shafted off-screen along with Blue Pegasus for the sole purposes of making FT look good.
 

Ebony Maw

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
1,995
Reaction score
8,124
Gender
Male
Country
Sabertooth
Tops: Minerva is beast. Frosch is cuddly wuddly adorable, an Rufus needs to use his fascinating magic more.
No disrespect intended to Sabretooth fans, but I'm more of a CS fan in comparison.
CS is my 2nd favourite guild to be honest, Sabertooth takes it for me due to interactions between the characters but CS comes pretty close in terms of that.
 

Ebony Maw

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
1,995
Reaction score
8,124
Gender
Male
Country
Sabertooth
My fav is Sting and Yukino (I ship it too ^^) but i like them all :D
I actually think Sting and Yukino are the best couple in Fairy Tail, the only other couple that gives them a challenge is Jerza IMO. I especially liked Sting and Yukino's relationship in the Sabertooth spin off, though Yukino slapping Sting after being roflstomped by the Spriggans was an awesome moment.
 

Kiki

MIRAXUS FOREVER
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,968
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Who is my favorite SB member? Frosch ftw! His (actually Fro's gender is unknown but I'd assume Fro is male) cuteness makes me want to steal him from Rogue. I am not even sorry :hmph

The second is Yukino. She deserves more love :(
 

Linali

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2015
Messages
1,097
Reaction score
7,292
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
I don't think there is any limitation for Memory-Make instead of the memory capacity of the user itself. Memorizing Dragon Slayer Magic shouldn't be that difficult for Rufus, since it doesn't differ a lot from God Slayer Magic which he could memorize as well.
But DS magic changes the body of its user, so it is different from God Slayer magic imho, unless GS magic changes the user's body as well, but I don't remember that was said anywhere. That may be the reason we saw him using Orga's thunder, but not e.x. Rogue's shadow.

Who is my favorite SB member? Frosch ftw! His (actually Fro's gender is unknown but I'd assume Fro is male) cuteness makes me want to steal him from Rogue. I am not even sorry :hmph
Rogue won't be pleased. This guy's crazy, when it comes to Fro :XD

And I think Frosch is female, it would be great gag. I would love to see, how and when Sting and Rogue met their cats and each other ofc. Was it in the guild or earlier?
 

Ebony Maw

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
1,995
Reaction score
8,124
Gender
Male
Country
Sabertooth
@Vici @ahmadrizqik this is one of my favorite episodes and I just peeped this: only focus on Frosch in this picture

My reaction:

My real-life reaction:
I think it's safe to say Frosch is a guy. Unless......

I wonder how Frosch actually got that frog costume? I don't think it's ever been revealed and I can't really think of any reason why Frosch would have it, unless Rogue loves frogs? :confused:
 

Linali

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2015
Messages
1,097
Reaction score
7,292
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
I think it's safe to say Frosch is a guy. Unless......

I wonder how Frosch actually got that frog costume? I don't think it's ever been revealed and I can't really think of any reason why Frosch would have it, unless Rogue loves frogs? :confused:
On his guild card was written, that he thought he's a frog, and when it turned out he's not, then he cried :( :XD
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/347
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
Fuck..
This might be the first thread where I have problems getting a favorite lol..
Like literally, I LOVE ALL OF SABER'S MAGES!
Rogue is my favorite Dragon Slayer out of the 7..(Future Rogue was and is still one of Fairy Tail's greatest)
Rufus is my favorite Sabertooth Mage..
Minerva is my favorite female character outside Fairy Tail
Ugh tough decisions damn it...
 

Static

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
5,918
Reaction score
10,237
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
Fuck..
This might be the first thread where I have problems getting a favorite lol..
Like literally, I LOVE ALL OF SABER'S MAGES!
Rogue is my favorite Dragon Slayer out of the 7..(Future Rogue was and is still one of Fairy Tail's greatest)
Rufus is my favorite Sabertooth Mage..
Minerva is my favorite female character outside Fairy Tail
Ugh tough decisions damn it...
What did I tell you?

#FroForPresident2k16

Minerva is my favorite female character outside Fairy Tail
K, completely ignoring bae (Irene), I see :(.

@SaberToothFan Plus Sting is dope, cool and flashy as hell :P
 

Ebony Maw

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
1,995
Reaction score
8,124
Gender
Male
Country
Sabertooth
Fuck..
This might be the first thread where I have problems getting a favorite lol..
Like literally, I LOVE ALL OF SABER'S MAGES!
Rogue is my favorite Dragon Slayer out of the 7..(Future Rogue was and is still one of Fairy Tail's greatest)
Rufus is my favorite Sabertooth Mage..
Minerva is my favorite female character outside Fairy Tail
Ugh tough decisions damn it...
Don't worry about it lol, I had the exact same problem, I ended up picking Sting because:

a) He's hilarious, casual even when fighting a dragon.
and
b) My profile pic. :p
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
On his guild card was written, that he thought he's a frog, and when it turned out he's not, then he cried :( :XD
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/347
And Frosch becomes even cuter...

Rogue and Frosch are the best Slayer/Exceed pair up. :smile-big
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
What did I tell you?

#FroForPresident2k16
Sssssh votes should be secret:p
K, completely ignoring bae (Irene), I see :(.
Lol I mean on the good guy side haha, I have my own list for female villains and Eileen is number one;)
Don't worry about it lol, I had the exact same problem, I ended up picking Sting because:

a) He's hilarious, casual even when fighting a dragon.
Bruh Sting running away from Levia to team up with Rogue was some of the funniest shit I have ever seen lol XD
Sting & Rogue vs Mard Geer was pretty damn amazing
 

Ebony Maw

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
1,995
Reaction score
8,124
Gender
Male
Country
Sabertooth
Bruh Sting running away from Levia to team up with Rogue was some of the funniest shit I have ever seen lol XD
Sting & Rogue vs Mard Geer was pretty damn amazing
I only started reading the manga in the Alvarez arc so when I was watching the dubbed anime Sting leading the dragon to Rogue caught me completely off-guard, the rofling was real. :XD

Yeah Sting and Rogue vs Mard was cool, they managed to make Sting and Rogue look badass whilst getting manhandled lol. Demon Jiemma was a nice surprise too, I'm really hoping that parts of ST and CS get to take on two Spriggans, one team being Sting, Rogue and Cobra and the other being Minerva, Midnight, Orga, Rufus and Hoteye. Not sure who they could face though, if Bradman's alive he should face team 1 but other than that I have no clue...
 
Top