Discussion - Sanji Discussion Thread | Page 40 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Sanji Discussion Thread

Who will be Sanji's main opponent during the Raid on Onigashima?

• Total voters

afromarco005

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
They are cheap shots as Luffy need to become unpredictable to get passed Katakuri's COO. Thus meaning sneak attacks that he wouldn't expect and thus by Nik and your words are classify as cheap shots. I do know what it understand, but I don't know you guys know the magnitude of it as it doesn't apply to one character on doing this in a fight. Not really as Lexus and Dude spoke their peace on their sides and counter Nik the same. Not really in the wrong, but Idk where your going with this, Takuan as your putting your side on the wrong side over this.

Not just us, I seen this talk about 'sneak attacks' on other websites and so far, majority don't see it as 'cheap shots' or being bad when a fight is a fight in the end. Majority still speaks in the end and so far us three aren't the only ones who see this and other sites do as well in majority side. Also usually majority are on the logic side looking back on history of OP arguments and not confident because more people on my side. I am saying what I said as it's more logical standpoint even when I first arrived on the website. We both know how others use stuff like this to downplay Sanji before and so far looking around and the talk about the fight, many don't see this being bad on the fight or Sanji's side. Just you few and minorities who want to push it to the point that it brings the worse than it doesn't. I never understand the logic you guys are going through with that at all.

Thus Zoro needed to do sneak attacks a.k.a. cheap shots to be able to catch Pica off-guard to get him. Never said the last hit was cheap shot, but majority of the fight was as Zoro on able to corner him once and for all needed help and then attack him while Pica was attacking King Riku. So by that logic if we truly going with 'cheap shots are bad' then Zoro biggest feat is the worse since it's not to a opponent to face-value. I am just explaining it out to Nik as he was trying to denied it not to be especially majority of the fight. I already gave my dues on Zoro last hit not being one, but that doesn't take away how the whole fight been in the long-run.

As for Sanji vs Page One, it is dominating for Sanji as so far Page who is trying more than him haven't done much to really get him unlike Sanji who keep connecting with his attacks and hitting him painfully looking at his howls of pain. To say it's evenly match is kinda off by a mile. I am happy about it, but also you guys also down play it as a it bad thing and look for the worse as Nik and Afro are proving about it. Why you think Lexus and Dude got involve if you all are calling it legit? The reason being your not calling it legit and it's annoying as you got to give dues when dues are. You though seem to be more 'reasonable, Takuan, so I have a better time talking with you, but don't see it just one side when those from your end are not trying to be legitimate on their facts as they said.
I keep telling you Moe, this is not the zoro thread and he is not relevant to the current discussion, so once again stop the zoro bashing, you can do better than this.

Also leave arguments from other websites and theorical polls you saw on these websites out of the discussion, even more so when you mention them but never come up with a link or anything.

Now back to a healthier discussion.

afromarco005

Reaction score
Country
France
I dont agree with that.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The earth is flat... FLATTER THAN YO TITTIES!
Dayum I just got roasted:yodawg

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
"not putting him on a pedestal". I keep reading that, it's like you and a couple of other posters feel it's your duty to tamp down any enthusiasm a Sanji fan may have for him. It's so beyond silly and childish.
It's fine to have enthusiasm for Sanji dude lol i've never been against that. Though, if a Sanji fan starts pretending Sanji can solo Kaido, would i be wrong to tell him otherwise? Would you say "damn those Sanji haters, always trying to tample down fan's enthusiasms".
I disagree with an opinion regarding Sanji, and i voiced this disagreement. If that means i'm labelled as a guy whose job is to shit on Sanji at every turn, i don't know man.

Pirate Queen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Totally on topic but did you all know if you click your name it shows your amount of posts and likes recieved? I was today years old when I found that out.

I have more likes than messages

#bitch I'm famous

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I skipped most of the posts, and I can't help but know that was a good idea.

Anyway, I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I'm also interested in seeing how Sanji might save the crew like usual, as he did in WCI, Enies Lobby, and etc. That'd be fun to discuss, but perhaps it's too early?

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States

Anyway, I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I'm also interested in seeing how Sanji might save the crew like usual, as he did in WCI, Enies Lobby, and etc. That'd be fun to discuss, but perhaps it's too early?
Talking about major role in Wano? There is possibilities he will help out in big way. Well with RS and invisibity perhaps he can invade the prison Luffy is in to get him out as well the others. There also possibilities of him leading an army due to Stealth Black/Soba-Mask fame and gain followers to lead on the resistance side to attack factories or so.

There are many possibilities Sanji can have a major role in this arc and so far we looking at the start of it as he fights and defeat Page One. There is also possibility he can did what his brother did and mask his voice as ally to Kaido's and Orochi's side to lead him gaining more information.

Can't wait to see him in action more :)!

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
No, I'm talking about him saving the crew with his ability to think ahead by letting them escape, usually by missing in action until the last moment. Saving Luffy from the prison isn't one of them, especially since there's already a plan to do that. Its the end, when the Straw Hats are trying to get out, that I'm thinking of, or something that allows them to get to a short-term goal uninterrupted like when he tricked Crocodile into thinking Mr. 3 killed the crew.

He could do the last part though, trick the enemies into giving him important info.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
No, I'm talking about him saving the crew with his ability to think ahead by letting them escape, usually by missing in action until the last moment. Saving Luffy from the prison isn't one of them, especially since there's already a plan to do that. Its the end, when the Straw Hats are trying to get out, that I'm thinking of, or something that allows them to get to a short-term goal uninterrupted like when he tricked Crocodile into thinking Mr. 3 killed the crew.

He could do the last part though, trick the enemies into giving him important info.
Idk about as Sanji with a plan usually lead to something major to hurt the other side that he showcased many times times in the arcs he is in.

afromarco005

Reaction score
Country
France

I think the raid suit will let sanji immitate anyone's voice just like Conan and Kaito kidd from Case Closed/Detective conan.
An upgraded PTS Sanji villain imitation would be dope.

He might use it sooner than we think, imitating page one through the den den mushi 😂

Let's see how it goes

thedude

Reaction score
Country
United States
Totally on topic but did you all know if you click your name it shows your amount of posts and likes recieved? I was today years old when I found that out.

I have more likes than messages

#bitch I'm famous
Did you know that it says the number of posts and likes received on this very page...lol. you don't have to click anything, just look under your username Mr 1,517 messages and 1,788 likes!

Yeah, probably too early, we dont know what kind of "help" they'll need to escape this time. Sanji always thinks about that kind of thing.

And smart to skip most posts, lol. I just got back in yesterday and almost instantly regretted it...i still can't understand why people can't just be fans of everyone, and allow others to be fans of certain characters. The amount of Sanji haters who write the same excuse "i don't like seeing him put on a pedestal" (but they always misspell pedestal), is just so bizarre to me. "A few people like him too much so i must come in to tamp that down, for reasons that I can't explain!"

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I think the raid suit will let sanji immitate anyone's voice just like Conan and Kaito kidd from Case Closed/Detective conan.
An upgraded PTS Sanji villain imitation would be dope.

He might use it sooner than we think, imitating page one through the den den mushi 😂

Let's see how it goes
That would be pretty useful if the Straw Hats' survival depended on some higher up like it did during the Alabasta arc. To be fair though, it's not like Sanji needs to imitate the voice that closely, he was able to fool Crocodile without even having met Mr. 3.
Yeah, probably too early, we dont know what kind of "help" they'll need to escape this time. Sanji always thinks about that kind of thing.

And smart to skip most posts, lol. I just got back in yesterday and almost instantly regretted it...i still can't understand why people can't just be fans of everyone, and allow others to be fans of certain characters. The amount of Sanji haters who write the same excuse "i don't like seeing him put on a pedestal" (but they always misspell pedestal), is just so bizarre to me. "A few people like him too much so i must come in to tamp that down, for reasons that I can't explain!"
Yep, it's why he's a usual MVP, despite what most people say, including the previous arc.

Yeah, the first few posts I read were annoying/stupid as hell, so it wasn't worth it.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
That would be pretty useful if the Straw Hats' survival depended on some higher up like it did during the Alabasta arc. To be fair though, it's not like Sanji needs to imitate the voice that closely, he was able to fool Crocodile without even having met Mr. 3.

Yep, it's why he's a usual MVP, despite what most people say, including the previous arc.

Yeah, the first few posts I read were annoying/stupid as hell, so it wasn't worth it.
Its not most, Sanji fanbase is still large and enjoyable. Those who critic are in minority about it and mostly due to his 'lack of fighting'. Its not really that bad that others are saying about it.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
You're part of the annoying fanbase though, with how seriously you take protecting Sanji and lashing out at Zoro.

Re-reading the latest official volume of OP made it even more clear just how MVP and important Sanji was in WCI. Literally saved the crew and Luffy, even if he needed help or saving from his family.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
You're part of the annoying fanbase though, with how seriously you take protecting Sanji and lashing out at Zoro.

Re-reading the latest official volume of OP made it even more clear just how MVP and important Sanji was in WCI. Literally saved the crew and Luffy, even if he needed help or saving from his family.
I think it was easy to disregard Sanji when One Piece is read chapter by chapter, but rereading the chapter by volume really highlights characters key roles that can be lost to some.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Exactly, and it's annoying. Even chapter by chapter, it was obvious how important Sanji was in saving the crew from Big Mom.

thedude

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm not even a Sanji fan vs other characters. I like so many of them. If I had to choose, I think I'd like Usopp best of the Straw Hat crew, only because he's had some of my favorite moments of overcoming self doubt, the most "human" character really. But I do love Sanji, and Zoro, and it is so weird to me how there are some "fans" invested so much in trying to tear one down. As if that will suddenly make their favorite (and lets be real, on this board at least, it's Zoro fans doing this more) character "better". That's why I sympathize with Moe, he just seems to like Sanji, but gets overly defensive because this boards Zoro fans can get so damn toxic and obnoxious. When you spend 99% of your time defending the character, you end up having to adopt some of your opponents methods, so you end up joining in tearing down the other character.

That's my opinion at least.

(of the crew, if I had to rank, I think I'd go Usopp, then Nami, then Zoro and Sanji tied, then I'm not sure how I'd rank Chopper/Robin/Brook/Franky. I like them all, but i don't have a strong opinion on who I like better. I'm also not sure where I rank Luffy there, so I hold him outside).

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States

Nah, I only go in if Zoro fanbase attack and downgrade him in their posts. Don't be one-sided over the issue as if you look around, it is true. Sanji fans are just defending while Zoro fans are getting more annoying by putting him stronger than other characters despite no evidence of that. That how this issue began in the end.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
Nah, I only go in if Zoro fanbase attack and downgrade him in their posts. Don't be one-sided over the issue as if you look around, it is true. Sanji fans are just defending while Zoro fans are getting more annoying by putting him stronger than other characters despite no evidence of that. That how this issue began in the end.
Someone who disagrees with you or more generally speaking, someone who doesn't share your opinion about Sanji, isn't necessarily a Zoro fan though. The One Piece community is not entirely divided into Sanji fans and Zoro fans, and Zoro/Sanji fans aren't necessarily Sanji/Zoro haters.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Someone who disagrees with you or more generally speaking, someone who doesn't share your opinion about Sanji, isn't necessarily a Zoro fan though. The One Piece community is not entirely divided into Sanji fans and Zoro fans, and Zoro/Sanji fans aren't necessarily Sanji/Zoro haters.
I said majority are, not everyone last one of them which is still apparent. If you look around those apart of the communitity who have something on Sanji, are Zoro fans on majority lvl. There are others who also have the problems, but it usually relates to the former.

Youtube and Orojackson are examples of seeing that. Hope you didn't think I meant every detractor is one. Sorry for the confusion.

I'm not even a Sanji fan vs other characters. I like so many of them. If I had to choose, I think I'd like Usopp best of the Straw Hat crew, only because he's had some of my favorite moments of overcoming self doubt, the most "human" character really. But I do love Sanji, and Zoro, and it is so weird to me how there are some "fans" invested so much in trying to tear one down. As if that will suddenly make their favorite (and lets be real, on this board at least, it's Zoro fans doing this more) character "better". That's why I sympathize with Moe, he just seems to like Sanji, but gets overly defensive because this boards Zoro fans can get so damn toxic and obnoxious. When you spend 99% of your time defending the character, you end up having to adopt some of your opponents methods, so you end up joining in tearing down the other character.

That's my opinion at least.

(of the crew, if I had to rank, I think I'd go Usopp, then Nami, then Zoro and Sanji tied, then I'm not sure how I'd rank Chopper/Robin/Brook/Franky. I like them all, but i don't have a strong opinion on who I like better. I'm also not sure where I rank Luffy there, so I hold him outside).
To be honest, I am not even that hardcore of a Sanji fan as I am fan for a lot of characters even Zoro, but just dislike the underestimation on Sanji by others and I go in to defend as it got annoying overtime for me to keep ignoring and not get involve. I do my best to defend and I do keep it legit and only bring up examples (Zoro if Zoro fan is critique Sanji and praising Zoro) to counter their words as they are either critiquing wrongly on the character or being hypocrites while praising a character for the same thing. Just don't like biased judgement, if you can come at me with unbiased and talk peacefully without trolling, then all good on my end and I respect your opinion.

That's all I ask for from my opposite side is all.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thus the fight is now over. Off-screened it maybe, but still major feat for Sanji now as he came out of it without even a scratch on him and defeated Page One in a low-diffed side. Guess it truly shows that Sanji is more capable than he is and proves he is more ready to take on a YC now if Top 6 Headliners can't give him that deep of a challenge. Can't wait to see more of Sanji's capabilities when they Festival hits and he fight with either Queen or King. The 'Unofficial' Supernova of the Worst Generation truly delivers what he said to Kuma in Thriller Bark years ago and will continue do so :sanji.