Discussion - Sanji Discussion Thread | Page 94 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Sanji Discussion Thread

Who will be Sanji's main opponent during the Raid on Onigashima?

• Total voters

Pirate Queen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Page One is defeated. Sanji doesn't need another T6H, but Zoro can deal with one as he need to redeem his performance in Wano. Sanji beating either King or Queen is more possible.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Actually if you compare Kaido's Calamities to the main forces under Luffy, they have a lot in common and going for them as well possible locations for each battle:

Sanji vs King = Sky Battle
Zoro vs Queen = Land Battle (Still see him facing Orochi though)
Jimbei vs Jack = Sea Battle

Looking at this these fights could possible happen as different forces will come from different sides to face off with.
Jack I'd a DF user and useless in a sea battle lol

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Jack I'd a DF user and useless in a sea battle lol
Could be near the Sea or something can help him to swim as doubt his Fishman heritage won't be inserted into his fighting style at full power.

Grandmaster Woro

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Page One is defeated. Sanji doesn't need another T6H, but Zoro can deal with one as he need to redeem his performance in Wano. Sanji beating either King or Queen is more possible.
Give me proof that page one is knocked out in the manga
Sanji had many spy feats. Kanjuro as the enemy spy would be a good match for sanji.

hokageji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think Queen is an okama
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Queen also has a sword.

King and Queen are both sword wielders so whoever Sanji fights he is going to have to counter accordingly. Fortunately Sanji can deal with swordsmen just as easily and Zoro can probably deal with a flying opponent.
Yea, probably not an Okama, but there's still a connection over their love for woman.... either ways, he's too goofy to be Zoro's opponent in my opinion...
Sanji can be goofy and will make their battle entertaining.

He may have a sword but i think his arsenal contains a lot more, specially poison.

Sanji vs King = Sky Battle
Zoro vs Queen = Land Battle (Still see him facing Orochi though)
Jimbei vs Jack = Sea Battle
I love the idea of Sanji vs King... in fact, Sanji fits all the 3 commanders in an interesting narrative. Skywalk + diable jamble vs flying burning bird would be a sight to see for sure.
I just cant visualize Zoro vs Queen though. Even if Queen is a swordsmen, he has to be the top swordsmen in the group to become a good opponent for Zoro.

I am sure he won't face Orochi. Orochi vs Denjiro is gonna happen.

Jinbei vs Jack also doesn't add up other than the fact that Jack is half fishmen. Sanji being the savior of Zou at the moment sets a better narrative than Jinbei, but lets wait and see...

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Yea, probably not an Okama, but there's still a connection over their love for woman.... either ways, he's too goofy to be Zoro's opponent in my opinion...
On the other hand, King is said to be a pervert.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Give me proof that page one is knocked out in the manga
Sanji had many spy feats. Kanjuro as the enemy spy would be a good match for sanji.
Nah Zoro's opponent. When Zoro going after Orochi, he need to face Kanjiro to save Hiyori. Make sense. Sanji be too busy with King vs Queen.

He may have a sword but i think his arsenal contains a lot more, specially poison.

I love the idea of Sanji vs King... in fact, Sanji fits all the 3 commanders in an interesting narrative. Skywalk + diable jamble vs flying burning bird would be a sight to see for sure.
I just cant visualize Zoro vs Queen though. Even if Queen is a swordsmen, he has to be the top swordsmen in the group to become a good opponent for Zoro.

I am sure he won't face Orochi. Orochi vs Denjiro is gonna happen.

Jinbei vs Jack also doesn't add up other than the fact that Jack is half fishmen. Sanji being the savior of Zou at the moment sets a better narrative than Jinbei, but lets wait and see...
Zoro face goofy opponents before. What you mean? Kaku, Pica, and much more. Zoro vs Queen can happen especially he portray as same level as King, so won't be downgrade for him especially he has weapons too. Though Orochi feats fine too if his real life lore is what he is based on.

Zoro can add more to his character being apart more funny moments as well. Also doesn't take away much fighting a weapon opponent since Queen still has weapons.

Sanji vs King looks more likely especially in striking first from the skies can't see how neither won't interact with each other.

Nah Sanji too much to face Jack especially with King and Queen have more knowledge going after Soba-Mask. Plus it be interesting for Jimbei to interact with another Fishman on the enemy side and his thoughts on it as well Jack's history can come up more during their fight.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
On the other hand, King is said to be a pervert.
Wait what? I thought we've barely seen but i cant argue with you, i am not as well aware of things recently...

Zoro face goofy opponents before. What you mean? Kaku, Pica, and much more. Zoro vs Queen can happen especially he portray as same level as King, so won't be downgrade for him especially he has weapons too. Though Orochi feats fine too if his real life lore is what he is based on.
Kaku wasn't as goofy as Jabra, but he was a swordsmen making him the obvious Sanji opponent.. Pica had a voice quirk but that's it.

I haven't seen enough of Queen to be convinced he'd make a better fight choice for Zoro, but like i said above, maybe i am missing something.... Orochi, i can guarantee isn't shown to be a worthy opponent for one on one...

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Wait what? I thought we've barely seen but i cant argue with you, i am not as well aware of things recently...

Kaku wasn't as goofy as Jabra, but he was a swordsmen making him the obvious Sanji opponent.. Pica had a voice quirk but that's it.

I haven't seen enough of Queen to be convinced he'd make a better fight choice for Zoro, but like i said above, maybe i am missing something.... Orochi, i can guarantee isn't shown to be a worthy opponent for one on one...
They we're goofy and yeah Kaku was more goofy then Jabra. Jabra more badass than him. It's pointed out they laugh at Kaku while fearing Jabra more. Pica is goofy the moment voice comes out, so he does count in there. No one take him as serious with that voice.

I wouldn't underestimate them as Kanjiro prove last chapter he can be quite dangerous when he fights for real especially his DF of his.

Grandmaster Woro

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Nah Zoro's opponent. When Zoro going after Orochi,
Unless orochi is stronger than king, no way sanji fought stronger enemies than zoro

Luffy fought the leader, zoro fought the strongest subordinate and sanji fought the other subordinate
Just telling you how writing in one piece works

thedude

Reaction score
Country
United States
Unless orochi is stronger than king, no way sanji fought stronger enemies than zoro

Luffy fought the leader, zoro fought the strongest subordinate and sanji fought the other subordinate
Just telling you how writing in one piece works
I think you are correct. Jabra and Kaku were close, but the power levels Kaku had overtaken him (it was so close to not be worth much, but they did acknowledge it and it pissed Jabra off). Zoro fought Mr 1, Sanji Mr 2. The only time I think Sanji fought the tougher guy was Arlong Park. Hachi wasn't much, he just used swords so he fought Zoro. Kuroobi seemed much stronger. I guess Punk Hazard too, but I don't consider the fights against Vergo and Monet to be real fights the way other arcs had major fights.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think you are correct. Jabra and Kaku were close, but the power levels Kaku had overtaken him (it was so close to not be worth much, but they did acknowledge it and it pissed Jabra off). Zoro fought Mr 1, Sanji Mr 2. The only time I think Sanji fought the tougher guy was Arlong Park. Hachi wasn't much, he just used swords so he fought Zoro. Kuroobi seemed much stronger. I guess Punk Hazard too, but I don't consider the fights against Vergo and Monet to be real fights the way other arcs had major fights.
Actually Jabra was stronger one as implied they didn't measure their DF into Doriki if that the case Jabra is bit stronger than Kaku on DF mastery for sure. Sanji has taken stronger enemies than Zoro before and in NW it proven he still is. Enemies Zoro face are not comparable to what Sanji face especially looking in same arc it's shown that way.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
They we're goofy and yeah Kaku was more goofy then Jabra. Jabra more badass than him. It's pointed out they laugh at Kaku while fearing Jabra more. Pica is goofy the moment voice comes out, so he does count in there. No one take him as serious with that voice.

I wouldn't underestimate them as Kanjiro prove last chapter he can be quite dangerous when he fights for real especially his DF of his.
No, Kaku was nowehere as goofy as Jabra..... Goofy himself is based on a dog, so Jabra is closer to Goofy than Kaku, who's a giraffe....

ALright, seriously though, its a matter of personal opinon, so i'll end it by saying i'd love to sanji fight King, but i think he'll fight queen...
ctually Jabra was stronger one as implied they didn't measure their DF into Doriki if that the case Jabra is bit stronger than Kaku on DF mastery for sure. Sanji has taken stronger enemies than Zoro before and in NW it proven he still is. Enemies Zoro face are not comparable to what Sanji face especially looking in same arc it's shown that way.

Doriki is probably the closest measure of strengths... these numbers clearly show Jabra and Kaku being comparable... i wouldn't say Kaku is necessarily stronger, but surely one cannot argue that Jabra is definitely stronger. And where is it coming from that their DF's are not taken into consideration...
if anything, Kaku's wasnt considered since he hadn't eaten it.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Who the fuck cares? Jabra has a different fighting style from Kaku, so they were better suited to their opponents that beat them.

thedude

Reaction score
Country
United States
Actually Jabra was stronger one as implied they didn't measure their DF into Doriki if that the case Jabra is bit stronger than Kaku on DF mastery for sure. Sanji has taken stronger enemies than Zoro before and in NW it proven he still is. Enemies Zoro face are not comparable to what Sanji face especially looking in same arc it's shown that way.
I don't buy that. They both had DF, and given how close they were base level, I'd wager Kaku was slightly stronger both ways. It's all pointless though, they were so close, it's splitting hairs on who was stronger or if it even matters in a fight.

Grandmaster Woro

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Sanji has taken stronger enemies than Zoro before and in NW it proven he still is.
Mr.1 is weaker than Mr.2?
Ryuma is weaker than absalom?
Doubt it. The writing always dictates sanji to fight enemy second to the enemy that zoro fought. Just telling you how writing in OP is

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
No, Kaku was nowehere as goofy as Jabra..... Goofy himself is based on a dog, so Jabra is closer to Goofy than Kaku, who's a giraffe....

ALright, seriously though, its a matter of personal opinon, so i'll end it by saying i'd love to sanji fight King, but i think he'll fight queen...

Doriki is probably the closest measure of strengths... these numbers clearly show Jabra and Kaku being comparable... i wouldn't say Kaku is necessarily stronger, but surely one cannot argue that Jabra is definitely stronger. And where is it coming from that their DF's are not taken into consideration...
if anything, Kaku's wasnt considered since he hadn't eaten it.
Nah he was the more goofy one. Square looking Giraffe was made so comical that even Usopp wasn't afraid of him when he saw him and his transformation and made fun of him. There even an running gag at the time they confuse Kaku with Usopp. He was goofy one as shown.

Regardless, Sanji is possible to fight King or Queen. Don't mind who as both have a lot hints and writing to lead to either.
I don't buy that. They both had DF, and given how close they were base level, I'd wager Kaku was slightly stronger both ways. It's all pointless though, they were so close, it's splitting hairs on who was stronger or if it even matters in a fight.
Nah it's true they didn't count Doriki when measure their full power. Being bit stronger than base doesn't mean your stronger than someone full power. Since Jabra have his fruit longer while Kaku just ate his in same arc, difference can shown. Not saying by WIDE margin, but Jabra can be bit stronger by adding DF usage to Doriki than Kaku who was kinda sluggish and getting used to his powers still.

Mr.1 is weaker than Mr.2?
Ryuma is weaker than absalom?
Doubt it. The writing always dictates sanji to fight enemy second to the enemy that zoro fought. Just telling you how writing in OP is
Mr.1 couldn't beat Mr.2 when they fought in the arc. He is equal with him.

Zombie Ryuma is weaker than how he was before and wouldn't beat Absalom especially with Brook's shadow. Plus Abasalom is higher position than him and follow his and other orders. Idk what you mean being above him. Plus those guys didn't have rivalry with each other like the others, so Idk why you state that.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I agree that Kaku was shown to be a bit more goofy than Jabra. Their doriki levels are definitely splitting hairs level of difference.

Their levels don't include their fruit ability, but I'm sure it'd remain the same, with Kaku being slightly stronger than Jabra. The difference is literally like me saying I'm richer than someone because I have one more dollar than them. Jabra might be able to still beat Kaku in a fight sometimes.

I don't know about Ryuma being weaker than Absolam though. Despite him having Brook's shadow, he still had a body of someone who was former WSS. If we take the results of Ennis Lobby, Zoro and Sanji weren't that far apart in power.

Sanji stomped Absolam and this was with him protecting Nami. If he wasn't worried about her, he would have destroyed him far quicker than he did.

Zoro actually had to try against Ryuma and put more effort in than Sanji. If Ryuma was weaker than Absolam, Zoro would've had an easy time against him.

Whether or not the opponent is goofy doesn't matter though, especially in the case of King and Queen. Both are exceedingly strong pirates with bounties over a billion. If he fights and wins against either, his credibility will sky rocket. Just like it did after Ennis Lobby.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
It really is pointless because Zoro would have fought Kaku regardless of whether he was stronger or weaker than Jabra because Kaku is a swordsman, while Jabra fights with his fists like Sanji does. Zoro's opponents could be weaker than Sanji's, and Zoro would still fight them solely because they're swordsmen while Sanji's aren't.

Matchups matter, not just power level. Sanji could be the second powerful fighter after Luffy and still take on the third strongest enemy because the enemy isn't a swordsman. Zoro could be the fourth powerful fighter after Jinbei and still take on the second strongest enemy because the enemy is a swordsman, and the other three Straw Hats aren't.

Apart from Wanze, when has Sanji taken on an opponent that didn't fight hand-to-hand or was a swordsman?

Grandmaster Woro

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Exactly. This is why sanji will have a good fight with him. Spy vs spy.
There will be gag scenes where kanjuro draw hot girls to distract sanji

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Exactly. This is why sanji will have a good fight with him. Spy vs spy.
There will be gag scenes where kanjuro draw hot girls to distract sanji
Nah, no sense to it and Zoro fits more with the gag as he can't harm women and like you guys said he has to protect her. Just how it is and Zoro vs Kanjuro is looking to be that more.