Even though weakened, she was still the strongest individual in the entire arc and that feat from Jinbe is better than what anyone else did. When Sanji does something similar let me know.
I dont care about your bias about Sanji vs P1, the ending of that fight has no confirmation. It's a fact and stop wasting my time by going into circles.
There are only 4 hits total exchange in that entire fight from what we saw and the only feat we saw is that Sanji lost in power struggle when they clashed against each other and was smacked through half a city. That is the only feat we can actually use from that entire fight.
PageOne may be one of the top 6 headliners but it was never stated that he was strongest or weakest. Same for Opera, he may be one of the top 6 under commanders, he doesnt need to be on the level of Perospero, Daifuku and Oven and he can still be one of the top 6 under commanders.
Feat wise Jinbe is easily above Sanji and possibly above Zoro as well.
Your not taking it seriously, so gonna end talks here. Sanji defeated notable opponent in NW while Jimbei hasn't and the hype of the arc is setting him to face an YC if he easily defeated a Top 6 then he along with Zoro with his final opponent will put more proof how far above them they are against Jimbei.
@Takuan I understand where your arguments about Jinbe come from. He wasnt treated the best, probably the worst treatment among the Shichibukai if we exclude Moriah. Even his own power may be working against Jinbe since he is supposed to join Strawhats and it makes no sense that someone stronger than Luffy joins or that he leaves Zoro and Sanji in the dust, which I think he currently does. He may be at disadvantage against Zoro due to the same issue as with Mihawk but he is without a doubt stronger physically and with his water techniques could take Zoro out.
You know I value Crocodile and I think he is incredibly strong but still, I place Jinbe above him.
Against Kuma, Jinbe has aoe shockwave techniques which I think Kuma cant repel and even tho he is partly machine he is also made of human flesh which can be affected by Jinbe's techniques. Also, I doubt the paw's can repel water as it is a weakness for any DF. If Sanji's kick was able to break the neck of a pacifista then I am sure Jinbe can injure Kuma's body as well. Also, yes, I mean TB Kuma and I think it would be a hard fight.
Hancock's move of turning people into stone was always a fodder move and never affected anyone seriously so I am not sure how it would do against Jinbe. He can hit her from distance with his techniques and his CoA is probably strong enough to resist turning into stone when kicked by her.
Against Doffy... Parasite string and binding Luffy only worked when Luffy was beaten on ground, he has yet to bind anyone fresh like that. Parasite string more seemed like a plot element without too much appliance. I think Jinbe's CoA is quite better than Doffy's so if he takes any damage from Doffy's techniques it's minimal. With water around he can literally copy Doffy's awakening moves and neutralize them. Vagabond drill is something I imagine that would hurt Doffy quite a bit.
They are all strong individuals and it's hard to say for sure which one would win unless there is a clear disadvantage from match-up.
Vagabond Drill to push back weakened Emperor and Shark skin to block a flaming sword attack from the same Emperor.
What has Sanji done in NW that puts him above Jinbe, which feats specifically? There are no feats in the clash with PageOne with 4 basic hits exchange so if you list that as feats sorry but those arent feats. For all we know P1 and Opera may be similar power level and Jinbe took his opponent in one hit.
I don't know man... Your points are convincing but i'm still not quite sold tbh.
Kuma would just be untouchable tbh, he's way too fast with his use of DF. And i do believe he can repel anything, including Jimbe's attack. I don't know what you mean by water, do you mean the Fishman Karate attack? Those who use the water in the body to damage the opponent? This is a ranged attack that i'm sure Kuma can repel, i mean, the dude can even repel stuff like literal pain. And if you're talkin about water literally, i guess he can just repel the air at such a speed that it repels back any physical/liquid element. I mean, his DF offers such an advantage that i don't see Jimbe winning against Kuma.
About Doffy, you forgot that Parasite immobilized Jozu, who wasn't beaten up like Luffy was when he got caught. It can indeed paralyze high tier opponents. I don't know if the fact that it was a cheap shot matters here against Jozu. Though it might require Doffy more effort i guess, and he might not be able to control his pponent like a puppet, just immobilize.
I mean i don't know. I don't see Jimbe winning against either Kuma or Doffy. I can agree about Hancock, the strongest opponent she's faced so far is Doffy, and she didn't do much to him aside from stopping him. But yeah dude, i guess i'm underestimating Jimbe, but.......... I don't know.
Regardless though, ultimately i do agree with you lol i think Jimbe is stronger than Sanji, and possibly stronger than Zoro too. I used to place Zoro above Jimbe but the Jimbe showdown versus Big Mom kinda changed my mind about it. Sure if Jimbe can tank a Napoleon sword attack from Big Mom (albeit in a weakened state), he can tank any attack from Zoro. Makes me wonder why he wasn't able to tank Mihawk's slash, but i guess Haki wasn't properly introduced back then. And we're talking about Mihawk so yeah.
EDIT: though to be fair, Guard Point Chopper tanked an attack from Big Mom as well.
I don't know man... Your points are convincing but i'm still not quite sold tbh.
Kuma would just be untouchable tbh, he's way too fast with his use of DF. And i do believe he can repel anything, including Jimbe's attack. I don't know what you mean by water, do you mean the Fishman Karate attack? Those who use the water in the body to damage the opponent? This is a ranged attack that i'm sure Kuma can repel, i mean, the dude can even repel stuff like literal pain. And if you're talkin about water literally, i guess he can just repel the air at such a speed that it repels back any physical/liquid element. I mean, his DF offers such an advantage that i don't see Jimbe winning against Kuma.
About Doffy, you forgot that Parasite immobilized Jozu, who wasn't beaten up like Luffy was when he got caught. It can indeed paralyze high tier opponents. I don't know if the fact that it was a cheap shot matters here against Jozu. Though it might require Doffy more effort i guess, and he might not be able to control his pponent like a puppet, just immobilize.
I mean i don't know. I don't see Jimbe winning against either Kuma or Doffy. I can agree about Hancock, the strongest opponent she's faced so far is Doffy, and she didn't do much to him aside from stopping him. But yeah dude, i guess i'm underestimating Jimbe, but.......... I don't know.
Regardless though, ultimately i do agree with you lol i think Jimbe is stronger than Sanji, and possibly stronger than Zoro too. I used to place Zoro above Jimbe but the Jimbe showdown versus Big Mom kinda changed my mind about it. Sure if Jimbe can tank a Napoleon sword attack from Big Mom (albeit in a weakened state), he can tank any attack from Zoro. Makes me wonder why he wasn't able to tank Mihawk's slash, but i guess Haki wasn't properly introduced back then. And we're talking about Mihawk so yeah.
EDIT: though to be fair, Guard Point Chopper tanked an attack from Big Mom as well.
Jinbe has that aoe shockwave that I showed above hitting Luffy and I am sure Kuma cant repel all of it since its basically everywhere.
You have a point about him repeling water by repeling air and that would work against Jinbe's regular water streams however a huge water stream bigger than Kuma would most likely not be repeled as he would need bigger attack and Ursus Shock takes time...
This is quite a destructive attack but it may not work against Kuma however against Doffy it would:
You are right probably right about Kuma being above Jinbe, the guy is too much hax. My point is that Jinbe is incredibly strong without hax abilities.
Personally, I dont give parasite string too much credit as it was just a plot element to go along with Doffy's puppet master character and for him to have fun. It never served as a move against a serious opponent who was facing Doffy. As you said, he cheap shotted Jozu while he was charging at Crocoboi.
The only time it was actually used in serious combat was against beaten up base form Luffy.
Yeah, I think one of the purposes of this arc is to make Zoro and Sanji go all out so they are plausibly placed even or above Jinbe.
Chopper did tank BM's hit but it was a basic slap, I think he would be heavily injured from flaming Cognac slice.
I agree, Zoro would most likely have quite a difficulty with Jinbe and without Asura he would probably not be able to beat his CoA and until then he would be affected by Jinbe's techniques for sure.
In the manner they carry themselves it is.
I like how many points are glanced over and one line is picked out..Guess you guys are giving ground to the rest of the argument and paying attention to the B.S or juss contradicting yourselves there after...
Zoro has nothing to do with a Sanji discussion...Aside from Rivarly, & fair comparison because they aren't that comparable anyway.
If you have to kick up dust on Zoro, which its all bull anyway..it proves a insecurity as a fan about Sanji....Neither have gotten a good juicy 1 v 1 fight yet. While Luffy has had 3...Either way if you compare character treatment from the author Zoro is still dumb just like Luffy; But he's been bad ass & has faired well enough against an Admiral without a power up yet..Hawkins showdown shows Zoro is about As strong as a Supernova captain. It's not fans fault all Sanji has is a speed feat against Oven whom, I'm sure he can't beat at WCI arc. & then his fight is nerf'd leaving Sanji again with little page time having feats.
Anyways, i dont care for the fanatic perspective here. It's unattractive and makes Sanji in relation from a fans point even more unattractive. When in all reality, everyone loves all the SH & their uniqueness. Grounded fans are just waiting on Sanji's big moment. He's been getting treated real good in Wano, getting a lot of screen time, but short panel feats. He's gonna do something clutch for sure.
Given that the people sustaining the super long anti-Sanji thread are all Zoro fanboys...i think that bolded statement says something you didn't intend it to say...
(in case that is too subtle, the fact that Zoro fanboys have to turn literally every thread into an anti-Sanji screed shows that they have insecurity as a fan of Zoro)
@Takuan I understand where your arguments about Jinbe come from. He wasnt treated the best, probably the worst treatment among the Shichibukai if we exclude Moriah. Even his own power may be working against Jinbe since he is supposed to join Strawhats and it makes no sense that someone stronger than Luffy joins or that he leaves Zoro and Sanji in the dust, which I think he currently does. He may be at disadvantage against Zoro due to the same issue as with Mihawk but he is without a doubt stronger physically and with his water techniques could take Zoro out.
You know I value Crocodile and I think he is incredibly strong but still, I place Jinbe above him.
Against Kuma, Jinbe has aoe shockwave techniques which I think Kuma cant repel and even tho he is partly machine he is also made of human flesh which can be affected by Jinbe's techniques. Also, I doubt the paw's can repel water as it is a weakness for any DF. If Sanji's kick was able to break the neck of a pacifista then I am sure Jinbe can injure Kuma's body as well. Also, yes, I mean TB Kuma and I think it would be a hard fight.
Hancock's move of turning people into stone was always a fodder move and never affected anyone seriously so I am not sure how it would do against Jinbe. He can hit her from distance with his techniques and his CoA is probably strong enough to resist turning into stone when kicked by her.
Against Doffy... Parasite string and binding Luffy only worked when Luffy was beaten on ground, he has yet to bind anyone fresh like that. Parasite string more seemed like a plot element without too much appliance. I think Jinbe's CoA is quite better than Doffy's so if he takes any damage from Doffy's techniques it's minimal. With water around he can literally copy Doffy's awakening moves and neutralize them. Vagabond drill is something I imagine that would hurt Doffy quite a bit.
They are all strong individuals and it's hard to say for sure which one would win unless there is a clear disadvantage from match-up.
Vagabond Drill to push back weakened Emperor and Shark skin to block a flaming sword attack from the same Emperor.
What has Sanji done in NW that puts him above Jinbe, which feats specifically? There are no feats in the clash with PageOne with 4 basic hits exchange so if you list that as feats sorry but those arent feats. For all we know P1 and Opera may be similar power level and Jinbe took his opponent in one hit.
Crocodile would get wrecked by Jimbe. I think Crocodile is underrated because Luffy beat him so early on, he is stronger than some act. But against Jimbe, a guy who can manipulate water and hit with massive force, Crocodile is getting ruined in that fight.
Given that the people sustaining the super long anti-Sanji thread are all Zoro fanboys...i think that bolded statement says something you didn't intend it to say...
(in case that is too subtle, the fact that Zoro fanboys have to turn literally every thread into an anti-Sanji screed shows that they have insecurity as a fan of Zoro)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Crocodile would get wrecked by Jimbe. I think Crocodile is underrated because Luffy beat him so early on, he is stronger than some act. But against Jimbe, a guy who can manipulate water and hit with massive force, Crocodile is getting ruined in that fight.
Yeah no. Sorry, no. That's already something i told King Moe, this needs to stop. Every criticism made against Sanji isn't hate or an anti-Sanji campaign, first of all. And second of all, no, not everyone who criticizes Sanji is a Zoro fanboy. I criticized Sanji earlier, and i prefer Sanji over Zoro. So no, not a Zoro fanboy in any way. This is getting old but somehow people still make this amalgam. The wolrd or the One Piece community isn't divided between Sanji fanboys being Zoro haters and Zoro fanboys being Sanji haters.
Crocodile would get wrecked by Jimbe. I think Crocodile is underrated because Luffy beat him so early on, he is stronger than some act. But against Jimbe, a guy who can manipulate water and hit with massive force, Crocodile is getting ruined in that fight.
Yeah no. Sorry, no. That's already something i told King Moe, this needs to stop. Every criticism made against Sanji isn't hate or an anti-Sanji campaign, first of all. And second of all, no, not everyone who criticizes Sanji is a Zoro fanboy. I criticized Sanji earlier, and i prefer Sanji over Zoro. So no, not a Zoro fanboy in any way. This is getting old but somehow people still make this amalgam. The wolrd or the One Piece community isn't divided between Sanji fanboys being Zoro haters and Zoro fanboys being Sanji haters.
Here's why what you said isn't true: Every thread, every spoiler thread, no matter what it starts out as, turns into Zoro fanboys bashing Sanji. It is 100% hate and an anti-Sanji campaign. Everyone here who has to wade through page after page of spoiler talk looking to actually talk about the chapter instead of whatever anti-Sanji nonsense the Zoro fanboys are going to decide to try this week.
Sure, not everyone will do it as a Zoro fanboy. I'm not sure which i like more, and I criticized how Oda wrote Sanji as a creep last week. But most of the people who do this are 100% doing it as trolling.
Here's why what you said isn't true: Every thread, every spoiler thread, no matter what it starts out as, turns into Zoro fanboys bashing Sanji. It is 100% hate and an anti-Sanji campaign. Everyone here who has to wade through page after page of spoiler talk looking to actually talk about the chapter instead of whatever anti-Sanji nonsense the Zoro fanboys are going to decide to try this week.
Sure, not everyone will do it as a Zoro fanboy. I'm not sure which i like more, and I criticized how Oda wrote Sanji as a creep last week. But most of the people who do this are 100% doing it as trolling.
I want your opinion though. Sanji is being discussed, criticized on some points. I don't see a hate, and at least i personally am not hating on his character.
You said "not everyone does it as a Zoro fan boy, i criticized [...], but most people do it for troll". You're saying that when you're criticizing it's fine, but when others do it's trolling from Zoro fanboyism. Where is the line between criticism and hate from Zoro fanboyism?
Whatever though. Seriously, these Sanji debates are as never ending as they are annoying. I might just stop visiting this thread for a while.
I want your opinion though. Sanji is being discussed, criticized on some points. I don't see a hate, and at least i personally am not hating on his character.
You said "not everyone does it as a Zoro fan boy, i criticized [...], but most people do it for troll". You're saying that when you're criticizing it's fine, but when others do it's trolling from Zoro fanboyism. Where is the line between criticism and hate from Zoro fanboyism?
Whatever though. Seriously, these Sanji debates are as never ending as they are annoying. I might just stop visiting this thread for a while.
No, i didn't say that at all, but you like to twist words to suit your argument. I said not everyone criticizes him as a fanboy. That includes posters like Lexus and others who have a critique of something. But there are posters like Nik, who will troll and admit to it, and a few others (one guy derisively calls him "the cake baker" to troll in every chapter thread for another example).
I've even said, and I'll say it again, I don't even consider him my favorite SH. I'd make him equal with Zoro probably, and they are both behind Usopp and Nami, who are regularly given far more interesting fights and stories. the only reason I even waded into these debates was because it was so fucking exhausting reading every single spoiler discussion thread and having to skip 5 pages of Zoro fanboys turning it into a "lets shit on Sanji" thread.
You dont have to look specifically on this thread to see Zoro fanboy....troll..sanji hater thing... Atleast on this thread, its a discussion on Sanji and that makes it acceptable...
Oda's always painted an image that they are nearly the same strength while Zoro is slightly stronger. This is how he keeps their rivalry as a gag going but in the forum, you'll see comments like Zoro vs Kaido and Sanji vs some gifter as a fair fight... Thats not borderline, its clearly trolling and Zoro fanboyism.
If its in the context of occasional humor, but the same thing over and over again is clearly Sanji bashing...
I actually think both characters have been treated unfairly and Sanji perhaps a little more than Zoro. Also, anyone who posts pro Sanji is labelled as a troll...
You dont have to look specifically on this thread to see Zoro fanboy....troll..sanji hater thing... Atleast on this thread, its a discussion on Sanji and that makes it acceptable...
Oda's always painted an image that they are nearly the same strength while Zoro is slightly stronger. This is how he keeps their rivalry as a gag going but in the forum, you'll see comments like Zoro vs Kaido and Sanji vs some gifter as a fair fight... Thats not borderline, its clearly trolling and Zoro fanboyism.
If its in the context of occasional humor, but the same thing over and over again is clearly Sanji bashing...
I actually think both characters have been treated unfairly and Sanji perhaps a little more than Zoro. Also, anyone who posts pro Sanji is labelled as a troll...
I agree with you overall, but these are minorities. Nobody in their right mind would believe Zoro vs Kaido is a fair fight.
Yes, there is some trolling, as you're saying, these kinds of comments are troll. Are they everywhere? Is this thread flooding with these kinds of comments? Not at all. Not every criticism about Sanji is a bad one or a troll one. These are extremes you're talking about. That's why i asked thedude what he considered troll and what is acceptable to say. I feel like nowadays nothing can be said about Sanji without an army of defenders coming at his rescue and giving the "Zoro fanboys" card.
As i said anyway, im done. I actually claimed to be done when i quoted King Moe, and then tried to move on to a healthier debate regarding Sanji. But still it got back to Sanji hate, Zoro fanboyism and the likes. People arguing for the sake of arguing; and i fell for it, yet again. Not anymore. Im done with this thread.
Can you read? Or did you read it? If you feel like 1 thats ya business....
Sanji has an imbecile cheering him on. I really can't. Dodging the hell outta Sanji threads, this shit here is bonkers. Would of thought Itachi, Minato or Escanor was in this manga the way ppl are carrying on. SMFH, I've never seen this before with One Piece its sickening.
One would infer what you said isn't directed at me because you don't reply to insects since you don't understand them. Proper grammar matters.
Anyway, I don't see how Jinbei is that much stronger than Zoro and Sanji, there's no way to tell. It's all about matchups as well, though theoretically Jinbei should fare better against more opponents than at least Sanji given his defense on top of offense. Plus, Jinbei seems able to fight mid to long range without an issue whereas Sanji is a close-combat fighter.
Just because I said I trolled Moe(if it wasnt obvious already for everyone)it doesnt mean all my criticism about Sanji is trolling. Not at all,barely anything is.
I really mean what I write about Sanji, I dont think he is an extremely capable fighter but Oda rather allows him to hang in there by always giving him far easier match-ups than what Zoro and Luffy have to deal with. That's not trolling, that's my opinion of Sanji as combatant. I gave valid reasons why almost anyone in the SH crew could be a more dangerous combatant than Sanji, probably everyone considered that post a troll but it isnt, the only thing preventing that is the obvious power ranking that Oda wants to keep within the crew while the actual combat feats speak an entirely different story.
I dont remember last time trolling was in this thread. Other than some name calling there is nothing that I saw recently and name calling is nothing bad, totally within the character of Zoro and his relationship with Sanji.
The only recent troll that I did regarding Sanji was in power lvl discussion thread when Moe proposed Orochi, who I think is weakling, as Zoro's final opponent so I proposed him as Sanji's final opponent. When you argue with Moe, about Sanji-what else, and all logic fails and hits a wall, there is nothing left than trolling and throwing his logic back at him. As I said, I dont troll Sanji so dont label my criticism as such.
Just because I said I trolled Moe(if it wasnt obvious already for everyone)it doesnt mean all my criticism about Sanji is trolling. Not at all,barely anything is.
I really mean what I write about Sanji, I dont think he is an extremely capable fighter but Oda rather allows him to hang in there by always giving him far easier match-ups than what Zoro and Luffy have to deal with. That's not trolling, that's my opinion of Sanji as combatant. I gave valid reasons why almost anyone in the SH crew could be a more dangerous combatant than Sanji, probably everyone considered that post a troll but it isnt, the only thing preventing that is the obvious power ranking that Oda wants to keep within the crew while the actual combat feats speak an entirely different story.
I dont remember last time trolling was in this thread. Other than some name calling there is nothing that I saw recently and name calling is nothing bad, totally within the character of Zoro and his relationship with Sanji.
The only recent troll that I did regarding Sanji was in power lvl discussion thread when Moe proposed Orochi, who I think is weakling, as Zoro's final opponent so I proposed him as Sanji's final opponent. When you argue with Moe, about Sanji-what else, and all logic fails and hits a wall, there is nothing left than trolling and throwing his logic back at him. As I said, I dont troll Sanji so dont label my criticism as such.
Not at all. Only one I consider a troll is Troll King Moe.
Can you read? Or did you read it? If you feel like 1 thats ya business....
Sanji has an imbecile cheering him on. I really can't. Dodging the hell outta Sanji threads, this shit here is bonkers. Would of thought Itachi, Minato or Escanor was in this manga the way ppl are carrying on. SMFH, I've never seen this before with One Piece its sickening.
Common dude thats just mean, you can dislike a character but this is becoming personnal.
Don't let frustration get the better of you and let's keep things lighthearted shall we?
About Sanji he sure has gotten a lot of pannel time in the new world more so than any strawhat not called Luffy.
I hoped the others would be the main focus after a whole arc dedicated to the caki baeka, but so far he has once again stolen the show it seems x)
what do you guys think about his pannel time in the new world?
Common dude thats just mean, you can dislike a character but this is becoming personnal.
Don't let frustration get the better of you and let's keep things lighthearted shall we?
About Sanji he sure has gotten a lot of pannel time in the new world more so than any strawhat not called Luffy.
I hoped the others would be the main focus after a whole arc dedicated to the caki baeka, but so far he has once again stolen the show it seems x)
what do you guys think about his pannel time in the new world?
Well, he did disappear for large stretches of the New World when his group left Dressrosa. They were gone for over a year. I'm not sure that he got that much more time than Chopper, Nami and Brook in the WCI arc. I mean, he obviously had some more time just on solo panels, but those others were given a heck of a lot of time as well.
I'm fine with it. Oda changes focus all the time. Really the one whose had the least amount of panel time is Franky and Robin I think. And Usopp has been off to the side since Dressrosa as well.
Just because I said I trolled Moe(if it wasnt obvious already for everyone)it doesnt mean all my criticism about Sanji is trolling. Not at all,barely anything is.
I really mean what I write about Sanji, I dont think he is an extremely capable fighter but Oda rather allows him to hang in there by always giving him far easier match-ups than what Zoro and Luffy have to deal with. That's not trolling, that's my opinion of Sanji as combatant. I gave valid reasons why almost anyone in the SH crew could be a more dangerous combatant than Sanji, probably everyone considered that post a troll but it isnt, the only thing preventing that is the obvious power ranking that Oda wants to keep within the crew while the actual combat feats speak an entirely different story.
I dont remember last time trolling was in this thread. Other than some name calling there is nothing that I saw recently and name calling is nothing bad, totally within the character of Zoro and his relationship with Sanji.
The only recent troll that I did regarding Sanji was in power lvl discussion thread when Moe proposed Orochi, who I think is weakling, as Zoro's final opponent so I proposed him as Sanji's final opponent. When you argue with Moe, about Sanji-what else, and all logic fails and hits a wall, there is nothing left than trolling and throwing his logic back at him. As I said, I dont troll Sanji so dont label my criticism as such.
Not at all. Only one I consider a troll is Troll King Moe.
(this is 100% a troll job. Sanji has protected the weaker crew members even on the way to Wano, and you are pretending that each member is more dangerous in a fight than him. I'm honestly just 100% going to ignore you from now on, it's not worth arguing with one so dedicated to trolling and shitposting.)