Yea I get that, it's not impossible that Page One is done. He would need to be dead or severely injured which I'm not as comfortable with assuming. I'd much rather assume he is able to fight now (it's been a week??) and will make a return. Zoan's are noted for their toughness too, which supports him being okay.If Page One was active, it doesn't make sense he quit looking for him especially if we take this canon and him being pissed at the end, why did he not meet up with his allies and start rampaging again. Doesn't make sense to just stop what he is doing like that. Feels more of an miscommunication probably than something Oda planned him coming back. Otherwise we would see him right back with Holdem and Kamazou who lost to Luffy and Zoro respectively, but come back like it was nothing. Something is off about it connecting in good to plot wise if you think about it.
Prefer he fight someone else as warm-up before facing either King or Queen.
I'm starting to tone down the level of expectation for Zoro/Sanji tiers beating Queen/King. Plot will let them beat whoever - but the question is should they? Should Sanji beat Queen or King solo, now? Or is there at least one more arcs' worth of power development before that is obtainable? This is how I see it...
Base Sanji - somewhere around the Vergo level
Sanji with RS - able to defeat Flying 6
Allstars are another tier above. Power ups available:
- upgraded RS (Usopp and Frankie)
- Vinsmoke genetics kicking in (idk wtf this is tbh)
- Developing haki game
I'm fairly confident Sanji's RS is upgraded compared to the Page One fight. It might just be that Page One is left alive/fine so that Sanji can prove the upgrades' worth.
But the big one is developing a strong haki game - particularly armament. It's the arc for it. Zoan's are physically durable. Zoan commanders like King and Queen will need more than RS upgrades, they'll require advanced armament haki. Given he hasn't really shown armament haki yet, he might need a couple of fights to develop this skill.