Discussion Series All Time Relationship Rate [VOTING OPEN!]

Which of these magic types do you want in the rating?


  • Total voters
    35
  • Poll closed .

Reebi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
2,432
Reaction score
4,091
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
1х14? HOW??? I can't believe in this. One of the best ships in FT:confused::huh:
:dumpster
Now you know how we feel with the 1/10 score:)

Gray and Erza have more chemistry and they are more like buddies.
 

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 8, 2016
Messages
3,107
Reaction score
12,870
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
Joker
I Think one of those crack ships I gave -1 :D Why Hibiki and Cana so low? Makes more sense than Bacchus and Cana.(Sorry @Raven) Opposites attract and they both seem to acknowledge their needs and each others in the relationship.
Hibiki is a fuckboy, He don't make a good couple with Cana, She look more manly xD
*

Ok i shipped Nalu/Natza/Nali in the past, I was still new and confused abit, Regarding Natza at some point it was a ship that i liked and it was one the reasons why i hated Jellal, By the time i accepted that they have mutual feelings ( Jerza ), So i stopped hating on Jellal and i realized that Natsu/Erza are more of brother and sister.
 

Jko

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 28, 2016
Messages
7,448
Reaction score
18,767
Country
United States
Woah Natza out this early? They're one of Natsu's and Erza's top relationships in the manga.

I gave them 7.5 or 8 but I should've gave them a higher score like a 9. I didn't expect so many 1s. Like c'mon guys this was a top ship in the glory days of FT. How can you give such a low score?

Imma channel my inner Natza fanboy so watch out. They were prime ship material.

Erza was the first girl who inspired Natsu to surpass his limits, and go save his friends. She gave him strength he did not know he had.

Then ToH was filled with cute and shippy moments. Natsu tickling Erza.

Natsu swearing to Jellal he would kick his butt for making Erza cry.

Natsu goes fudging Dragon's Force for the first time and kicks Jellal's ass for making Erza cry again.

The Erza funeral scene was simply beautiful. Natsu eating his way through a magical tower to find Erza. And Erza vowing to Natsu to live for her friends. The forehead touch scene which was originally Natsu and Erza moment.

I'm sorry but seriously this ship was at least a top 20 ship. I mean crack ships like Canaxus, or basic ships like RogueMinerva over an established relationship like this! NaLi over Natza?!! That is straight BS.

Look at how happy she is when she saw the growth of his power.

This cute moment were they both thought Gajeel was an imposter.
Her tears stopped him from fighting with Gray.

If Lucy wasn't in the show I would've shipped them as the OTP of the manga. I still ship them tho, but not as much as before.

Okay big ass rant over I chilled out a bit.


No way this relationship deserved a 1 tho.
 
Last edited:

Reebi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
2,432
Reaction score
4,091
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Woah Natza out this early? They're one of Natsu's and Erza's top relationships in the manga.

I gave them 7.5 or 8 but I should've gave them a higher score like a 9. I didn't expect so many 1s. Like c'mon guys this was a top ship in the glory days of FT. How can you give such a low score?

Imma channel my inner Natza fanboy so watch out. They were prime ship material.

Erza was the first girl who inspired Natsu to surpass his limits, and go save his friends. She gave him strength he did not know he had.

Then ToH was filled with cute and shippy moments. Natsu tickling Erza.

Natsu swearing to Jellal he would kick his butt for making Erza cry.

Natsu goes fudging Dragon's Force for the first time and kicks Jellal's ass for making Erza cry again.

The Erza funeral scene was simply beautiful. Natsu eating his way through a magical tower to find Erza. And Erza vowing to Natsu to live for her friends. The forehead touch scene which was originally Natsu and Erza moment.

I'm sorry but seriously this ship was at least a top 20 ship. I mean crack ships like Canaxus, or basic ships like RogueMinerva over an established relationship like this! NaLi over Natza?!! That is straight BS.

Look at how happy she is when she saw the growth of his power.

This cute moment were they both thought Gajeel was an imposter.
Her tears stopped him from fighting with Gray.

If Lucy wasn't in the show I would've shipped them as the OTP of the manga. I still ship them tho, but not as much as before.

Okay big ass rant over I chilled out a bit.


No way this relationship deserved a 1 tho.
They have a friendship but there is no passion between the two. I just see it as dull and she's outta his league.
 

Invel > Zeref

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 21, 2017
Messages
478
Reaction score
711
Age
29
Country
United States
Natsu x Erza is one of my least favorite romantic pairings so I'm glad its out this early. They have a beautiful relationship but I can't see it being anything different than an older sister-younger brother bond
 

Jko

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 28, 2016
Messages
7,448
Reaction score
18,767
Country
United States
They have a friendship but there is no passion between the two. I just see it as dull and she's outta his league.
They did have romantic undertones as a relationship. There are a lot of things Bros or Sis wouldn't do that they've done in their relationship.

Ship is short for relationship so even if they aren't romantic for you they do have an establish (platonic) relationship that deserves better than a 1.

I find it blasphemy that a lot of underdeveloped ships or straight crack ships are above them.
 

Crescent Jinx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
2,289
Reaction score
15,384
Gender
Female
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Ok class... today we will learn about shipping in Fairy Tail.
Get out your pencils and take notes. :3c








​



#33
Laxus Dreyar and Cana Alberon
4.350

Highest Score: 10 x 2(@Raijin 雷神, @PluePegasus)

Lowest Score: 1 x 8(@Reebi, @Tirl, @kira, @DiMaria Yesta, @Elusia, @Yui-kitten, @Takuan, @Axiomus)


Kira said:
Cana is mine times three :pwnge

Jko said:
Cana x Alcohol is more OTP
Emperor Spriggan said:
Childhood friends? They're like NaLi I guess, no music this time though so :derp

Takuan said:
I don't think they ever had any interaction...





Laxus x Cana - while NOT as popular as Mira x Laxus and Freed x Laxus - has always been Laxus's third ship of the series before Lisanna apparently started having a fling with him. :facepalm



Laxus and Cana were the first two kids at the guild, but unlike other childhood ships we don't know anything about how these two interacted. We don't know if they were friends or enemies but we do know they both had mutual father issues. Cana came to Fairy Tail in search of her father while Laxus had his father banished by his grandfather.



In Fighting Festival, Cana mentions that she has known Laxus for a really long time and she can tell he closed off his heart. She's the only person that makes a statement like this which gives an idea that they have been friends for a long time.


​

The first year she participated in the S class trials, he left her demolished and crying in the rain, like the uncaring prick he was.


Then Laxus protected her from the Dragons of Grand Magic Games.



In Phantom Lord, Laxus told Cana to strip for him cuz he thought she was sexy when she asked for his help showing how much of a douchebag he was.



Plus after his returned to the guild, they are always together....






Cana always mentions Laxus....





Cana also freaked out at how he gets along with her dad. Girls only freak out over guys they like meeting their dads.
Possibly the only guy in the series that Gildarts couldn't bully away from his daughter.


Together they use 2/3 great fairy spells - Law and Glitter.



While I do NOT think this ship should have gotten higher than Naza, I do believe that Laxana is an unappreciated ship as it has shown growth, consistent interaction through multiple arcs, and Laxus has established he thinks Cana is sexy.
This is more than other ships like Lyon x Meredy, Anna x Ichiya, and Rogue x Minerva have.
Not to mention, they are Fairy Tail's Let and Julia. While I still ship Mira for his main love interest, Laxana is my guilty pleasure that I adore for the fun of the wild/party girl and the serious guy.

Enjoy the Free Laxana Fanart!!!
(to make the tang of bitterness from how high this ship got go away)








​
 
Last edited:

Tirl

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2016
Messages
1,292
Reaction score
1,396
Age
33
Country
Russian Federation
Gray and Erza have more chemistry and they are more like buddies.
No, I like Gray and Erza (you will see how much I like them soon), but it doesn't mean I can't like Natsu and Erza. Friendship can be not just between two people;) Its like Nalu and Nali. I like Nali as love pairing and Nalu as friends. So I also like Narza as one of the best friendship in FT (I gave them 9), and I like Grayza as some love pairing (not so much love like Elfman and Eve, maybe Gray and Erza have high potential in love, but they also are good friends).
 

Crescent Jinx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
2,289
Reaction score
15,384
Gender
Female
Country
Kingdom of Fiore




















































#32

Gray Fullbuster and Erza Scarlet

4.533






Highest Score: 11 x 1(@Tirl)



10 x 2(@Raijin 雷神, @Jko)



Lowest Score: 1 x 10(@Brandish, @Nemispelled, @kira, @EmptySoul, @DiMaria Yesta, @Elusia, @Yui-kitten, @Raven, @Axiomus, @Gryffindor)






Tirl said:
just for me. Gray and Erza good pair with some interesting moments (like scene when Gray was fighting with Owl), want them to be a canon pair after all this


Lenny said:
I like them as friends, but I absolutely despise them as a ship, so... I can't really rate this very high

Jko said:
I thought this was a pretty cute ship and that it was going to happen in the beginning. They were better than Jerza tbh.

Emperor Spriggan said:
"She was always crying." + Protecting her from Lyon severing her own arm off are really strong moments.

Takuan said:
There's no romance between them at all, so this pairing is all about friendship. They are very close for sure, but not a brotp, not an otp... Just very close friends, just like everyone is in FT. Nothing special to me.


This was my first ship of the series, not Nalu.
In Eisenwall, I loved when Erza called Gray's magic beautiful and then how he worried so much about her when she started getting dizzy from using her magic to drive. The moment in Galuna was a perfectly shippy moment for me as Gray's resolve was strong to stand up to Erza.



He's really consistently someone who stands up to her throughout the series., which sets him apart from Jellal and Natsu.


Phantom Lord had that Grayza hug, I figured everyone thought these two had something going on behind the scenes at this point.


While in ToH, he was fighting so she would not cry just like Natsu. The memories of him meeting child Erza and seeing her cry are my second favorite Grayza moment.


Oracion Seis has my favorite Grayza moment, when Gray stood up to protect Erza's arm, which I was shocked at because I half expected Natsu to be the one to do get all pissed over the situation.









Really the two look good together....





They have that badass couple vibe...





Look at the coordination of their attacks when they fight together.


And it gets fanservice too....







In the end, Gray and Natsu both have a younger brother relationship to Erza.
As I said before, I like Gray/Jellal with Erza because they are "cool types." It's a better dynamic to me then fire x fire.


:bishie

On a side note, Sabertooth's Grayza of Rogue x Minerva is still in the game. :celebrate



​
 

Reebi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
2,432
Reaction score
4,091
Gender
Female
Country
Canada



















































#32

Gray Fullbuster and Erza Scarlet

4.533






Highest Score: 11 x 1(@Tirl)



10 x 2(@Raijin 雷神, @Jko)



Lowest Score: 1 x 10(@Brandish, @Nemispelled, @kira, @EmptySoul, @DiMaria Yesta, @Elusia, @Yui-kitten, @Raven, @Axiomus, @Gryffindor)























This was my first ship of the series, not Nalu.
In Eisenwall, I loved when Erza called Gray's magic beautiful and then how he worried so much about her when she started getting dizzy from using her magic to drive. The moment in Galuna was a perfectly shippy moment for me as Gray's resolve was strong to stand up to Erza.



He's really consistently someone who stands up to her throughout the series., which sets him apart from Jellal and Natsu.


Phantom Lord had that Grayza hug, I figured everyone thought these two had something going on behind the scenes at this point.


While in ToH, he was fighting so she would not cry just like Natsu. The memories of him meeting child Erza and seeing her cry are my second favorite Grayza moment.


Oracion Seis has my favorite Grayza moment, when Gray stood up to protect Erza's arm, which I was shocked at because I half expected Natsu to be the one to do get all pissed over the situation.









Really the two look good together....





They have that badass couple vibe...





Look at the coordination of their attacks when they fight together.


And it gets fanservice too....







In the end, Gray and Natsu both have a younger brother relationship to Erza.
As I said before, I like Gray/Jellal with Erza because they are "cool types." It's a better dynamic to me then fire x fire.


:bishie

On a side note, Sabertooth's Grayza of Rogue x Minerva is still in the game. :celebrate



​
I can see this working. They work well together in their communication and Gray helped Erza with her shyness. Love the meme at the end. Explains it so well. :D
 

Jko

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 28, 2016
Messages
7,448
Reaction score
18,767
Country
United States
Are you kidding me?!! Are you serious? Why is everyone giving 1s to actual relationships in the manga? How are basic ships like Ronerva, NaLi, and Ichiya x Anna (crack) getting above them.

If you guys judged soley based off "romantic" tension then why the fudge is Sherria and Wendy still in this?

Another developed relationship kicks the bucket. This was hands down Gray's and Erza's best relationship. I'm not even going to bless you with their holy moments.

This got beat out by Ichiya x Anna.
 

Tirl

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2016
Messages
1,292
Reaction score
1,396
Age
33
Country
Russian Federation
Last edited:

Takuan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
1,839
Reaction score
7,564
Age
33
Country
France
Are you kidding me?!! Are you serious? Why is everyone giving 1s to actual relationships in the manga? How are basic ships like Ronerva, NaLi, and Ichiya x Anna (crack) getting above them.

If you guys judged soley based off "romantic" tension then why the fudge is Sherria and Wendy still in this?

Another developed relationship kicks the bucket. This was hands down Gray's and Erza's best relationship. I'm not even going to bless you with their holy moments.

This got beat out by Ichiya x Anna.
Agreed. Although the score i gave Narza and Grayza was fairly low, both didn't deserve to be eliminated before ships like RoguexMinerva or NatsuxLisanna. But oh well.
My hatred of Natza and Grayza from a romantic point of view might have led me to give them lower scores than they deserve. From a friendship point of view, they deserve to beat a fair amount of ships in the list. A shame.
 

Star Frost

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 1, 2015
Messages
2,376
Reaction score
4,626
Country
United States
Are you kidding me?!! Are you serious? Why is everyone giving 1s to actual relationships in the manga? How are basic ships like Ronerva, NaLi, and Ichiya x Anna (crack) getting above them.

If you guys judged soley based off "romantic" tension then why the fudge is Sherria and Wendy still in this?

Another developed relationship kicks the bucket. This was hands down Gray's and Erza's best relationship. I'm not even going to bless you with their holy moments.

This got beat out by Ichiya x Anna.
Some of my rates are based on friendship like Nazta Gratza and SherriaxWendy for example. Majority of the rest are romance though.
 

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 8, 2016
Messages
3,107
Reaction score
12,870
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
Joker
Grayza is just like Natza, Brother and sister.
 

Jko

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 28, 2016
Messages
7,448
Reaction score
18,767
Country
United States
Also since I was blinded by rage I forgot to give a shutout to my gurl @Crescent_jinxgrace for remembering this ship moment.


That was cute af. This relationship was very endearing.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
No one saw the mistake I made in my original post? If you did say nothing.
Oh how embarrassing lol.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
Also since I was blinded by rage I forgot to give a shutout to my gurl @Crescent_jinxgrace for remembering this ship moment.


That was cute af. This relationship was very endearing.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
No one saw the mistake I made in my original post? If you did say nothing.
Oh how embarrassing lol.
:awe
I....didnt get a tag at all
 
Top