Help Short & Quick Translation Request Thread [Thread for members with little/no JP/C/K knowledge. OP for

pmkava

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 7, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Request Thread

I have a japanese document that i would like to be translate. It's not a manga, it's the Neon Genesis Evangelion Proposal, which was basicly the origional ideas for the series. its thirty five pages, and i'd prefer if you put the translation it a word document rather than on the pages. so do you think you could help me out?

here's a link to the page where you can find the document.http://evageeks.org/FGP/Proposal
 
Last edited:

Yabe

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2007
Messages
595
Reaction score
836
Gender
Hidden
Country
Italy
Re: Request Thread

Sumimasen, I have but one small phrase:

ウダウダやってるヒマはねェ!

It's a title of a manga by Yonehara Hideyuki; I don't know Japanese so I have no idea what it meant in English.

(Source)
 

kirimi

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
1,602
Reaction score
3,206
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Re: Request Thread

Literally, "I don't have the spare time to idle around aimlessly!"
 

Yabe

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2007
Messages
595
Reaction score
836
Gender
Hidden
Country
Italy
Re: Request Thread

So cool...
The translation is EXACTLY the phrase one main character in the story kept saying. Thanks a lot :)
 

bishopcruz

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Request Thread

Ok, I figure this is a bit better than where I had posted this before. New here, so sorry for any of the problems:

Been working my butt off to try and get a Edited Manga of the first few chapters out, but I have hit a bit of a snag trying to translate a particular sentence. The sentence in question is:

やっぱ何か持ってると思ったぜ!

What is killing me is the yappa section, I have no idea what it means, and it isn't coming up in any dictionaries.

Actually, if anyone could translate the page below, it would be much obliged. It is kicking the crap out of me:

If you can't get to the page, I understand, but the sentence in particular is driving me mad.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

wavepulsar

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 11, 2007
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
India
Re: Request Thread

Hi... I have found links for getting Get Backers Manga in Chinese could you please help me in translating it to English
 

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
1,279
Reaction score
989
Age
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
Thailand
Re: Request Thread

Hi... I have found links for getting Get Backers Manga in Chinese could you please help me in translating it to English
Despite of the fact that the reply to the similar type of posts is just a bit on top of this page . . . this kind of request shouldn't come here. It should go to the recruitment thread instead; not here. -_-"

IMO, this thread isn't the place for you to ask any translator to translate a specific series of something like 20-30 volumes. It's more like asking a translator to translate one single line or at most one or two pages of manga or a paragraph . . . :S
 

getsuryuu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 18, 2007
Messages
17
Reaction score
5
Gender
Male
Country
Colombia
help whit one page [J->E]

I need some help with the translation of this page:



plz.... is kind of urgent....
 

getsuryuu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 18, 2007
Messages
17
Reaction score
5
Gender
Male
Country
Colombia
Re: Request Thread

I need some help with the translation of this page:


plz.... is kind of urgent....
 

boke

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 8, 2009
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: help whit one page [J->E]

Panel 1 - How do you give a photograph to a ghost?

Ah, you immolate it.

Panel 2 Immolate it? Like burning an effigy?

Ayup. Like that.

You burn a photo like that
and it gets sent right to the ghost's hand

Panel 3 - You can do similar things by making offerings to the dead, but you can send even more stuff.

Excuse me

Panel 4 - Ghost tours sure are different, but

Can you take my picture?

Sure

Panel 5 - Say cheese
smile! smile!

But not as much as I thought
 

sakuramiko16

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 6, 2009
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Request for translation of Darker than BLACK manga ad.


Would someone mind translating this for me? I don't want a summary I'd like what each block of text says. I know the summary is the DTB is going to be a new manga.

Nobody? Why do I have such bad luck?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

tradedaemon

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2006
Messages
73
Reaction score
4
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Request for translation of Darker than BLACK manga ad.

Well, for one, the purple text is really small. Second, since it's just an ad, there's really no point beyond a summary for most people's efforts.
 

hatakekakashi1

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 14, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Request Thread

can any one trasnlate full metal sigma volume 5???pleasew i cant find anywhere
 

Tanequil

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2008
Messages
78
Reaction score
67
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Request Thread

*points hatakekakashi1 in the direction of the recruitment forum*

You should create a new thread HERE. As Ju-da-su said earlier, there's the correct place to look for help for projects. Good luck with translator hunting!
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,331
Reaction score
24,939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Re: Request Thread

I don't know if this is the appropiate thread for this but I am going to ask anyways. If this is not the appropiate thread please move the post somewhere else.

Are the rosario + vampire II and rave master manga still being scanlated? The rave manga has not had a release in a few months now and there was no Edited Manga for rosario+ vampire in may(I did find a translation though). Any help would be most appreciated.
 

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
1,279
Reaction score
989
Age
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
Thailand
Re: Request Thread

Umm . . . problem is I don't know where this post really belongs in, since the most appropriate forum it should be in would be "Meet the Manga Editor" specifically at the thread of the group(s) that are doing those two series. -_-"

My suggestion would be that you ask directly to the groups that are working on those two series. Do some search through their group's website to see if they have the status progress report of some sorts for the series they're doing would be great. If you can't find it, then try pm'ing the Manga Editor who has been working on that project. They should be able to give you the better answer as to how things go with the series and whether they're still doing it or not. ^_^"
 

cowreaper99

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 15, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
Re: Request Thread

i just started reading the manga gorio but its english scanalations stop after the 4th chapter could someone please translate and scanalate it into english.
 
Top