Help Short & Quick Translation Request Thread [Thread for members with little/no JP/C/K knowledge. OP for

chinosaito

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 9, 2015
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
1. べぐぅつ!
Don't know the appropriate translation for this since its stated in here that it was an unsual or strange sound that she made after suddenly being hit on her face with a frozen watermelon. Use your creativity or imagination in translating this maybe? sorry...
2. ひ。。ひぇぇぇ。。。( *shriek* )
Frightened or afraid after seeing her victims in front of her.

Hope it helps, God Bless.
 
Last edited:

valfranx

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 10, 2014
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Antarctica

could translate text that addresses on goku meditating?
 
Last edited:

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
2,922
Reaction score
2,560
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

could translate text that addresses on goku meditating?
Visualize the flow of battle!!
Training spiritual strength and courage through visualizing fights with various opponents!!
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
A japanese was correcting a text I wrote and he made a swap of words that I didn't understand, so I asked him this:

What is the difference between 試合 and 勝負?

He answered:

勝負でも意味はわかります。
競技(スポーツ)などで勝ち負けを決めることを”試合”といいます。勝ち負けを決めること(方法は何でもよい)を”勝負”といいます。
だから、この場合”バスケットボールの試合”のほうが、自然です。

I tried to understand what he said, but since it is an explanation of the words' meanings, I have to understand completely. So, could you guys translate his answer? If you need more context, such as the text I wrote, just ask me. :)
Thank you very much! ^_^
 

cmertb

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2009
Messages
416
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The meaning is understandable even if you say 勝負. In something like sports, what decides victory or defeat is called "試合". What decides victory or defeat by any method at all is called "勝負". That's why, in this basketball example, it is more natural to say "試合".

And from myself:
In other words, 試合=match, 勝負=contest/competition.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The meaning is understandable even if you say 勝負. In something like sports, what decides victory or defeat is called "試合". What decides victory or defeat by any method at all is called "勝負". That's why, in this basketball example, it is more natural to say "試合".

And from myself:
In other words, 試合=match, 勝負=contest/competition.
Hmm... I understood quite right then... Maybe I'm just insecure...
Thank you very much! :D
 

valfranx

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 10, 2014
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Antarctica
please someone could translate this short text referring to Freeza?
 

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
2,922
Reaction score
2,560
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
please someone could translate this short text referring to Freeza?
If you mean the box with the Freeza picture in it:

The legend of 1 in every 1000 years
On Planet Vegeta, home to the Saiyans, legend says a fantastically powerful warrior is born in every 1000 years. Fearing this, Freeza destroys Planet Vegeta.
 

valfranx

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 10, 2014
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Antarctica
tell me if this translation is correct. I was wondering if the text of the last balloon was translated correctly

text raw:
 

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
2,922
Reaction score
2,560
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
tell me if this translation is correct. I was wondering if the text of the last balloon was translated correctly

text raw:
"That's right. A looong long time ago, there was an incredibly strong......"
Missed out the bit in bold, otherwise it's fine.
 

Miff

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 31, 2015
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: Request Thread

If someone could help me figure out what this sentence means that would be very helpful, the character talking is a web cam model, and I think he is addressing his audience? and I'm completely unsure of what he is talking about, the kanji is too hard for me to understand, and the grammer is very confusing for me. There is also sound effect I ve been trying to look up but I m having the hardest time trying to read it, and um its written in hiragana so Im not exactly sure if it is a sound effect? Any help would be very much appreciated.

 

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
2,922
Reaction score
2,560
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: Request Thread

If someone could help me figure out what this sentence means that would be very helpful, the character talking is a web cam model, and I think he is addressing his audience? and I'm completely unsure of what he is talking about, the kanji is too hard for me to understand, and the grammer is very confusing for me. There is also sound effect I ve been trying to look up but I m having the hardest time trying to read it, and um its written in hiragana so Im not exactly sure if it is a sound effect? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Welcome Miff,

僕 - boku
喋る - shaberu - to speak
興奮する - kouhunsuru - to become excited

まさかおじさんたち - It can't be that you (おじさんたち - referring to multiple middle-aged men)
僕が喋ってるだけで - from (で) me speaking (僕が喋ってる) alone (だけ)
興奮してるわけ? - getting excited? (わけ here implies something along the lines of "I take it that..."/"as a result" I'm not sure which.)

"Can it be that you are getting excited from just hearing me speak?" or something like this.



The sfx reads ちぽん (chipon) but I'm not sure what it refers to. Perhaps you could work it out from the context.
 
Last edited:

Mihayersuan

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 2, 2015
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Hello folks,

could someone maybe translate me this page into english? (Sadly I can't read japanese...)

 

cmertb

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2009
Messages
416
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hello folks,

could someone maybe translate me this page into english? (Sadly I can't read japanese...)

Afterword

panel 1
Hello, nice to meet you, I'm Shimotsuki Kinusa.
{some sfx}
Thank you very much for following this volume of Kashiwagi-san!

ABOUT SURNAMES.
(because I couldn't think of anything else)

panel 2
The surnames of Kashiwagi-san characters come from mochi. Mochi as in food. Mochi are delish.
I'm bad at coming up with names to begin with, so this trick is very convenient.
Kotone is kashiwamochi
Yuuto is sakuramochi
Sayaka->daifuku
Kazuki->kusamochi
Because of that, even if more characters appear from now on, I don't think I'll have problems naming them. It's because there are so many types of mochi.
Thank you, mochi
I like you, mochi
I love you!!

panel 3
I will be happy if we can meet again in the next volume.
March 2010
WBR Shimotsuki Kinusa
Special Thanks
Editor Kmori-san(?), Susshi-chan, My family, everyone at SSD. You always take care of me. Thank you.
 

DeathDealer

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 11, 2008
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Gender
Male
Country
Puerto Rico
someone help me out here

 
Last edited:

cmertb

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2009
Messages
416
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
United States
someone help me out here

You walk around dressed like that // you'll get picked up by the cops (KORA)?

Without context, I'm guessing that it means to be picked up by the cops. In general, the meaning of the word is to pull someone somewhere. KORA in the end is optional, I just like how it sounds so I use it. :)
 

DeathDealer

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 11, 2008
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Gender
Male
Country
Puerto Rico
You walk around dressed like that // you'll get picked up by the cops (KORA)?

Without context, I'm guessing that it means to be picked up by the cops. In general, the meaning of the word is to pull someone somewhere. KORA in the end is optional, I just like how it sounds so I use it. :)
thanks, was pulling my hairs here
& yes in the following text they think he is a Shounenka...also i just slapped my forehead with the KORA, with how common it is in all those yakuza films and the fact it's written in katakana, i shoulda known
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'm doing my best to read One Week Friends, but this page... It was a hard one and probably the one I understand the least... Particurlarly the first, second and third komas of the right 4-koma.
Could someone translate it and clear my mind? Thanks! :)
If there is something particularly difficult, rare or whatever, please tell me.

 
Last edited:

cmertb

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2009
Messages
416
Reaction score
206
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm doing my best to read One Week Friends, but this page... It was a hard one and probably the one I understand the least... Particurlarly the first, second and third komas of the right 4-koma.
Could someone translate it and clear my mind? Thanks! :)
If there is something particularly difficult, rare or whatever, please tell me.

Bluntly

p1
And in general, you don't "become" friends, isn't it more like one day you notice that you "have become" friends?
Well, I do think so, but...

p2
Actually, Fujimiya doesn't seem to talk to anyone but you. To her, you are already an existense different from everyone else.
Oh really

p3
But today she forcefully said that I'm not a friend...
Ahaha...
That means...

p4
That she really hates you, doesn't it?
Very simply
How could you say that!?
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Thank you very much! Now my work to understand the grammar behind it begins. :lmao

Oh, now I noticed that I forgot to mention the second koma of the left 4-koma. Only this and we are done, the rest I understood quite well. Thanks again. :)
 
Top